View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2005, 2:00 am
Sixth Year

The feeling I got from the end of HBP is that they love each other and they both know it. They're more comfortable with each other than they've probably been since CoS. But they're not at the kissing stage yet. I think we might not see them at that stage until after the halfway point of Book 7 - it might even be not until the very climax of the series that they actually, officially, get together (let's face it, a love story is usually more interesting during the actual falling in love stage, than it is once the couple have got together). Why they're not together yet, we can only speculate. We know Harry was worried about them getting together, because he didn't want them to fall apart, and their friendship to go with it; and he was also worried that they'd become embarrassing. Perhaps Ron and Hermione (probably Hermione more than Ron) are worried how Harry will react? How would he feel about it? Not that he'll be angry, but that he'll be hurt or embarrassed in some way. None of the trio have ever openly talked about what's going on, so Ron and Hermione have no idea how he'll react. Maybe this will be discussed in Book 7. Another interesting thing is that the books are told from Harry's POV, so when Ron and Hermione first kiss - if JKR wants to show it to us - Harry will have to be either in the room, or spying on them. I can't wait to see how she's going to work all of this together. She's been telling this romance over seven books and clearly knows exactly how it's going to work out - just one piece of the puzzle left.