View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2007, 2:36 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: Fan Scripts: Harry Potter Remakes

The next part of my new script, maybe I should put it in one post and delete the previous post, or just say go to post _

PS: News (The Boy Who Lived)
CUTS TO:
4 – INT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – EVENING – 1/11/1981

Vernon walks into the KITCHEN. Petunia is busy making DINNER.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Evening.

Vernon replies, not with Petunia’s PLEASANT tones, but quite EMPTY.

VERNON DURSLEY
Evening.

A voice FADES IN.

TELEVISION – TED (OV)
…and now, over to Jim McGuffin with the weather. Going to be any more showers of owls to night Jim?

The TELEVISION has got Vernon’s attention. Its SCREEN fills the screen.

TELEVISION – JIM MCGUFFIN
It’s not only the owls that have been acting oddly today. Viewers as far apart as Kent, Yorkshire and Dundee have been phoning in to tell me they’ve had a downpour of shooting stars! Perhaps people have been celebrating Bonfire Night early – it’s not until next week, folks!

Finally, he decides to talk to Petunia

VERNON DURSLEY
Er…Petunia.

Petunia doesn’t look up, but replies

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Yes?

VERNON DURSLEY
You haven’t heard from you’re your sister lately?

Petunia STOPS EVERTHING SHE IS DOING and replies RUDELY

PETUNIA DURSLEY
No. Why?

VERNON DURSLEY
Funny stuff on the news. (He motions his hand towards it) Owls, shooting stars, and there were a lot of funny-looking people in town today. I thought, maybe, it was something to do with, you know, her lot.

Petunia sniffs, IN A WAY OF A REPLY, and continues to prepare dinner. Vernon looks A LITTLE SCARED to say his next sentence.

VERNON DURSLEY
There son, about Dudley’s age, wouldn’t he be, what’s his name again? Howard, isn’t it

PETUNIA DURSLEY
(Still making dinner) Harry, nasty common name isn’t it?

Camera starts to ZOOM IN on Vernon, which is horribly UNSETTLED

VERNON DURSLEY
Yes I quite agree.

5 – INT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – LATE EVENING – 1/11/1981

Vernon is lying in his BED, deep in thought. He shrugs of his thoughts and goes to sleep. The camera PASSES THROUGH THE WINDOW to…

What a cliffhanger!

--
I've changed Scene 1 (The Prologue) slightly:

PS: Prologue1 – EXT. HALL OF PROPHECY (+ Misc.)

A GLASS ORB is ZOOMED IN on. INSIDE THE ORB, GREY CLOUDS form, and a LOUD, HOARSE, HARSH voice is heard:

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord…

But the voice is CUT OFF with another voice, HIGH and COLD, and a GREEN LIGHT FILLS THE SCREEN.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
…approaches…

And as the CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN AGAIN, the TITLE ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ FILLS THE SCREEN.

THE CLOUDS DISSAPEAR and a SIMPLE SUBURBAN HOUSE can be seen, baked on by the BRIGHT SUN. A CAT walks INTO FRAME and sits on the house’s BRICK FENCE. The title FADES leaving a shot of the house…

---
I don't know what to do for the next scene, what to keep, what to leave out.

Last time I did the whole scene, even the sherbet lemons, and I don't know what should go... (Edit: The sherbet lemons were cut)

This is my old scene (cuts in red) it's really long, something has to go...

The old arrival scene:    

OLD SCRIPT - PS: Night time arrival (The Boy Who Lived)EXT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE - LATE EVENING – 1-2/11/1981

…the cat which is still sitting on the brick fence. It is stiff and looking in one direction. The camera then shows that the road is deserted. It finally rests on one of the STREET LAMPS. POP. Pause. A different POP. The lamp extinguishes. The camera CUTS BACK to the cat, which is now moving its head. The lamp nearest the brick wall extinguishes with another POP. The camera then CUTS to an elderly man standing in the once deserted street, he is putting away an OBJECT WHICH LOOKS LIKE A CIGARETTE LIGHTER (DELUMINATOR). The man, Albus Dumbledore, speaks to the cat.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Fancy seeing you here, Professor McGonagall.

The camera turns to see that the cat is transforming into a woman in her late 50s, wearing a cloak.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
How did you know it was me?

Dumbledore sits next to McGonagall on the fence.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
My dear Professor, I’ve never seen a cat sit so stiffly.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You’d be stiff if you’d been sitting on a brick wall all day.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
All day? When you could have been celebrating? I must have passed a dozen feasts and parties on my way here.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
(Angrily) Oh yes, everyone’s celebrating, all right. Even the Muggles have noticed something’s going on. I heard it on their news. Flocks of owls, shooting stars. Well, they were bound to notice something. Shooting stars down in Kent, I’ll bet that was Dedalus Diggle. He never had much sense.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
You can’t blame them. We’ve had had precious little to celebrate for eleven years.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
I know that, but it’s no reason to lose our heads. People are being downright careless, out on the streets in broad daylight, not even dressed in Muggle clothes, swapping rumours.

McGonagall pauses and looks at Dumbledore as if she wants him to say something.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A fine thing it would be if, on the very day You-Know-Who seems to have disappeared at last, the Muggles found out about us all. I suppose he really has gone, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It certainly seems so. We have much to be thankful for. Would you care for a sherbet lemon?

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A what?

Dumbledore pulls out a packet of SHERBET LEMONS and offers them to McGonagall.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
A sherbet lemon. They’re a kind of Muggle sweet I’m rather fond of.

McGonagall looks at the sherbet lemons, but says…

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
No thank you. (Pause) As I say, even if You-Know-Who has gone…

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
My dear Professor, surely a sensible person like yourself can call him by his real name? All this “You-Know-Who” nonsense – for eleven years I have been trying to persuade people to call him by his proper name, Voldemort [Vol-de-more].

McGonagall flinches at this name. Dumbledore is busy getting his sherbet lemons; It is unnoticed by Dumbledore.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It all gets confusing if we keep saying “You-Know-Who” I have never seen any reason to be frightened of saying Voldemort’s [Vol-de-mores] name.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
I know you haven’t. But you’re different. Everyone knows you’re the only one You-Know…

Dumbledore looks at McGonagall.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
…oh alright, (she lowers her voice) Voldemort [Vol-de-more] (She speaks at normal volume) was frightened of.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
You flatter me. Voldemort had powers I will never have.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Only because you’re too, well, noble to use them.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It’s lucky it’s dark. I haven’t blushed this much since Madam Pomfrey told me she like my new earmuffs.

Pause.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
The owls are nothing to the rumours that have been flying around. You know what everyone is saying? About why he’s disappeared?

Pause. Dumbledore says nothing.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
What they’re saying is that night (Pause) Voldemort [Vol-de-more] turned up in Godric’s Hollow. He went to find the Potters. The rumour is that Lily and James Potter are, are, that they’re dead.

Dumbledore bows his head, McGonagall gasps.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Lily and James, I can’t believe it, I didn’t want to believe it, Oh Albus.

Dumbledore pats McGonagall on the shoulder.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I know, I know.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
That’s not all. They’re saying he tried to kill the Potter’s son, Harry. But, he couldn’t. He couldn’t kill that little boy. No one knows why, or how, but they’re saying that when he couldn’t kill Harry Potter, Voldemort’s power somehow broke, and that’s why he’s gone.

Dumbledore nods.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
It’s, it’s true? After all he’s done, all the people he’s killed, he couldn’t kill a little boy? It’s just astounding, of all the things to stop him, but how in the name of heaven did Harry survive?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
We can only guess, we may never know.

Suddenly, Dumbledore takes out a WATCH WITH TWELVE HANDS AND MOVING PLANETS AROUND THE EDGES. The camera gets a CLOSE UP SHOT of this. Dumbledore pockets it.

Pause.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid’s late. I suppose it was he who told you I’d be here, by the way?

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Yes. And I don’t suppose you’re going to tell me why you’re here of all places?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I’ve come to bring Harry to his aunt and uncle. They’re the only family he has left now.

McGonagall is suddenly shocked.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You don’t mean… You can’t mean the people who live here? Dumbledore, you can’t. I’ve been watching them all day. You couldn’t find two people who are less like us. And they’ve got this son. I saw him kicking his mother all the way up the street. Harry Potter come and live here!

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It’ the best place for him. His aunt and uncle will be able to explain everything to him when he’s older. I’ve written them a letter.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A letter? Really Dumbledore, you think you can explain all this in a letter? These people will never understand him! He’ll be famous, a legend, I wouldn’t be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter Day in future. There will be books written about Harry. Every child in our world will know his name!

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Exactly. It would be enough to turn any boy’s head. Famous before he can walk and talk! Famous for something he won’t even remember! Can’t you see how much better off he’ll be, growing up away from all that until he is ready to take it?

McGonagall opens her mouth, and then shuts it again.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Yes. Yes, you’re right of course. But how is the boy getting here, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid’s bringing him.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You think it … wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I would trust Hagrid with my life.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
I’m not saying his heart isn’t in the right place but you can’t pretend he’s not careless. He does tend to…

Suddenly, a RUMBLE is heard.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
What was that?

McGonagall and Dumbledore get of the brick wall and look down the deserted street. The rumble is getting LOUDER. When McGonagall finishes her search, she looks to Dumbledore, who is looking at the sky. A GIANT MOTORBIKE is landing. On the motorbike is RUBEUS HAGRID, an extremely large man in his early 50s. He gets off, carrying a bundle of blankets.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid. At last. And where did you get that motorbike?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Borrowed it, Professor Dumbledore, sir. Young Sirius Black lent it me. I got him sir.

Hagrid looks down at the blankets. A 1-year-old HARRY POTTER is sleeping inside them. Dumbledore addresses Hagrid.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
No problems, were there?

RUBEUS HAGRID
No, sir – house was almost destroyed, but I got him out all right before the Muggles started swarmin’ around. He fell asleep as we was flyin’ over Bristol.

Dumbledore and McGonagall observe the baby. It has BLACK HAIR and GREEN EYES. On its forehead is a CUT, SHAPED LIKE LIGHTNING.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Is that where…?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Yes. He’ll have that scar forever.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Couldn’t you do something about it, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Even if I could, I wouldn’t. Scars can come in handy. I have one myself above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground. Well – give him here, Hagrid – we’d better get this over with.

Harry is passed from Hagrid to Dumbledore. The three of them turn to face number 4, sadness over all their faces.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Could I – could I say good-bye to him, sir?

Hagrid bends down and gives baby Harry a kiss, then lets out a saddened howl.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Shhh! You’ll wake the Muggles!

RUBEUS HAGRID
S-s-sorry

Hagrid takes out a LARGE SPOTTED HANKERCHIEF and wipes away his tears.

RUBEUS HAGRID
But I c-c-can’t stand it – Lily an’ James dead – an’ poor little Harry off ter live with Muggles…

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Yes, yes, it’s all very sad, but get a grip on yourself, Hagrid, or we’ll be found.

McGonagall pats Hagrid on the arm. Dumbledore makes his way to the FRONT DOOR of number 4 and lays Harry on the DOORMAT. Dumbledore then takes out a LETTER and tucks it in Harry’s blankets. Dumbledore walks back and the three of them stand silently for a while, staring at baby Harry.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Well, that’s that. We’ve no business staying here. We may as well go and join the celebrations.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yeah, I best get this bike away. G’night, Professor McGonagall – Professor Dumbledore, sir.

Still moping up his tears, Hagrid gets back on the bike and departs.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I shall see you soon, I expect, Professor McGonagall.

McGonagall blows her nose in a way of reply. Dumbledore walks back out to road. He pulls out the Deluminator and clicks it once, all the street lights come back to life. He looks back at NUMBER FOUR,PRIVET DRIVE where a tabby cat can now be seen, slowly departing.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Good luck, Harry

Baby Harry turns in his sleep, clutching Dumbledore’s letter

I need help

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 4th, 2007 at 11:25 pm. Reason: Expand, fieldset
Sponsored Links