View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2007, 12:54 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: Fan Scripts: Harry Potter Remakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Shoes View Post
Like I said a couple of posts later, I don't really remember what happened and in fact I didn't even remember that it was shown in DH. I was just writing it for fun and didn't really care about contradicting anything.

I guess I'll go re-read chapter 17 though. Now I'm curious.

edit: well, it's pretty much exactly the same, isn't it? voldemort shows up unexpected, james tells lily to protect harry, gets killed, voldemort goes upstairs, kills lily and then tries to kill harry. i just added some fire.
The thing that struck me as completely different was they had wands.

---
Here are a couple of scenes I've been thinking about for the past week:

The first is form DH, the start of King's Cross:
DH: King's CrossThe camera zooms in on Harry’s head, lying face down. And…

…the scene fades. Harry is still lying in the same position and place. Slowly Harry wakes up.

The surrounds are cloudy and misty. Harry moves nothing but his eyes, lying their gracefully.

He reaches out an arm to feel the mist he is lying on. He pushes it, it springs back a little. He suddenly notices his arm is bare and looks at the rest of his body, taken a back. Suddenly robes materialize on him out of nowhere.

He decides to stand up. The place still looks like a cloud, but as he finally is on his feet, a room start to form.

The second will be in OotP, when Harry's breaking stuff (it's forshadowing, see if you can work it out)

OotP: The Lost ProphecyHarry throws a triangular object to the floor. The triangular pyramid, which forms the outside, breaks open, and a round ball falls off the pole, hitting a leg of one of the tables and breaking. Dumbledore seems intrigued by this last breakage.

---
Update on the Harry arrival scene:
It's gone from 6 pages to 4 and a half. I think I'm happy with it now, but I haven't changed around the written stuff, just the dialogue, so it may come out as 5 pages

I put the Shreiking Shack scene from PoA in the same format as I do and it came out as 7 pages, so maybe some of these big scenes can be long.

When I write the graveyard scene in GoF, that will probably be 20 pages won't it, cause that's, what, 4 chapters long in the book

---
Yeah, it's ended up as 5 pages
Here's the full scene

PS: Night time arrival (The Boy Who Lived)5 – INT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – LATE EVENING – 1/11/1981

Vernon is lying in his BED, deep in thought. He shrugs of his thoughts and goes to sleep. The camera PASSES THROUGH THE WINDOW to…

6 – EXT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – LATE EVENING – 1-2/11/1981

…the cat which is still sitting on the brick fence. It is STIFF and LOOKING IN ONE DIRECTION. The camera then shows that the ROAD is DESERTED. It slowly lays to rests on one of the STREET LAMPS.

POP. Pause. Then a DIFFERENT POP as the lamp EXTINGUISHES. The camera CUTS BACK to the cat, which is now MOVING ITS HEAD. The lamp NEAREST THE BRICK WALL extinguishes with another POP. The camera then CUTS to an ELDERLY MAN (ALBUS DUMBLEDORE) standing in the once deserted street, he is putting away an OBJECT WHICH LOOKS LIKE A CIGARETTE LIGHTER (DELUMINATOR). Dumbledore sits next to the cat on the fence and, AFTER A MOMENT’S PAUSE, turns and speaks to it.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Fancy seeing you here, Professor McGonagall.

THE CAMERA TURNS to see that the cat is TRANSFORMING INTO A WOMAN in her LATE 50S, WEARING A CLOAK.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
How did you know it was me?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
My dear Professor, I’ve never seen a cat sit so stiffly.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You’d be stiff if you’d been sitting on a brick wall all day.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
All day? When you could have been celebrating?

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
(Angrily) Oh yes, everyone’s celebrating, all right. Even the Muggles have noticed something’s going on.

McGonagall points to NUMBER FOUR, PRIVET DRIVE

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
You can’t blame them. We’ve had had precious little to celebrate for eleven years.

Pause. McGonagall seems angry.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A fine thing it would be if, on the very day You-Know-Who seems to have disappeared at last, the Muggles found out about us all. (Pause) I suppose he really has gone, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It certainly seems so.

Pause.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You know what everyone is saying? About why he’s disappeared?

Dumbledore says nothing.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
What they’re saying is that night You-Know-Who went to Godric’s Hollow to find the Potters. The rumour is that Lily and James Potter are… are… that they’re dead.

Dumbledore bows his head, McGonagall gasps.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Lily and James, I can’t believe it.

Dumbledore pats McGonagall on the shoulder.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I know, I know.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
(Sniffing) That’s not all. They’re saying he tried to kill their son, Harry. But, he couldn’t. (Pause) No one knows why, or how, but they’re saying that when he couldn’t kill Harry Potter, You-Know-Who’s power somehow broke, and that’s why he’s gone.

Dumbledore nods.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
It’s… it’s true? After all the people he’s killed, he couldn’t kill a little boy? But did Harry survive?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
We can only guess, we may never know.

Pause.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid’s late. I suppose it was he who told you I’d be here, by the way?

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Yes. And I don’t suppose you’re going to tell me why you’re here of all places?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I’ve come to bring Harry to the only family he now has left.

McGonagall is confused, but not for long, as Dumbledore looks up at 4 Privet Drive, and McGonagall is suddenly shocked.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You can’t mean the people who live here? You couldn’t find any other people who are less like us. Harry Potter come and live here!

Dumbledore speaks reasonably calm.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It’s the best place for him. His aunt and uncle will be able to explain everything to him when he’s older. I’ve written them a letter.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A letter? Really Dumbledore, you think you can explain all this in a letter?

Dumbledore still looks at the house and does not reply. Pause.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
How is the boy getting here, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid’s bring him.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You think it (Pause) wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?

Dumbledore turns on McGonagall, but speaks calm.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I would trust Hagrid with my life.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
I’m not saying his heart isn’t in the right place but…

Suddenly, a RUMBLE is heard.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
What was that?

McGonagall and Dumbledore get of the brick wall and look down the deserted street. The rumble is getting LOUDER. When McGonagall finishes her search, she looks to Dumbledore, who is looking at the sky. A GIANT MOTORBIKE is landing. On the motorbike is RUBEUS HAGRID, an EXTREMLY TALL MAN (HALF-GIANT) in his EARLY 50S. He gets off, carrying a BUNDLE OF BLANKETS.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid. At last. And where did you get that motorbike?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Borrowed it, Professor Dumbledore, sir. Young Sirius Black lent it me. (Pause) I got him sir.

Hagrid looks down at the blankets. A 1-YEAR-OLD HARRY POTTER is sleeping inside them. Dumbledore addresses Hagrid.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
No problems, were there?

RUBEUS HAGRID
No, sir – house was almost destroyed, but I got him OK.

Dumbledore and McGonagall observe the baby. It has BLACK HAIR and GREEN EYES. ON ITS FOREHEAD is a CUT, SHAPED LIKE LIGHTNING.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Is that where…?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Yes. He’ll have that scar forever.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Couldn’t you do something about it, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Even if I could, I wouldn’t. Scars can come in handy. (Pause) Well, we’d better get this over with.

Harry is passed from Hagrid to Dumbledore. The three of them turn to face number 4, sadness over all their faces.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Could I – could I say good-bye to him, sir?

Hagrid bends down and gives baby Harry a kiss, then lets out a saddened howl. McGonagall pats Hagrid on the arm. Dumbledore makes his way to the FRONT DOOR of number 4 and lays Harry on the DOORMAT. Dumbledore then takes out a LETTER and tucks it in Harry’s blankets. Dumbledore walks back and the three of them stand silently for a while, staring at baby Harry.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Well, that’s that. We’ve no business staying here. We may as well go and join the celebrations.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yeah, I best get this bike away. G’night, Professor McGonagall – Professor Dumbledore, sir.

Still moping up his tears, Hagrid gets back on the bike and departs. IN A WAY OF REPLY, Dumbledore says…

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Professor McGonagall

McGonagall simply blows her nose. Dumbledore walks back out to road. He pulls out the Deluminator and clicks it once: ALL THE STREET LIGHTS COME BACK TO LIFE. He looks back at 4 Privet Drive where a TABBY CAT can now be seen, slowly departing.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Good luck, Harry

Baby Harry turns in his sleep, clutching Dumbledore’s letter

---
So I'm moving on. I now have 7 pages of Dudley's Birthday/Snake incident I want to make 4 or 5. And I'm meant to be writing a speech...

---

I've been trying to make the thread easier to read, as the posts are REALLY long, but they need to be.

I was searching the FAQs to find something useful and found these. They are really helpful at shortening the thread, yet keeping everything there, I suggest you use them.

Quote:
Collapsible Box:
Will put your content in an expandable/collapsable container with the caption at the top of the container.
Usage: (expand=Option)value(/expand)
NB: Change () to []
Example Usage: (expand=caption)content(/expand)
Example Output:
caption:    

content  

Fieldset :
Usage: (fieldset=Option)value(/fieldset)
Example Usage: (fieldset=Harry Potter)This book rocks!(/fieldset)
Example Output:
Harry PotterThis book rocks!

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 4th, 2007 at 9:37 pm. Reason: Fieldset
Sponsored Links