View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:48 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your version of Harry Potter

I've written a bit more of CoS, because I got tired of PS:    

INT. FIRST FLOOR (OUTSIDE FILCH’S OFFICE) - HOGWARTS - LATE AFTERNOON

Nearly-Headless Nick comes gliding out through a wall as Harry comes in.

NEARLY HEADLESS NICK
Harry! Harry! Did it work?

Harry notices a large black cabinet destroyed, dropped from great height.

NEARLY HEADLESS NICK (CONT’D)
I persuaded Peeves to crash it right over Filch's office.

HARRY POTTER
Was that you? Thanks, Nick!

Nick looks back at his rejection letter. Harry notices.

HARRY POTTER (CONT’D)
I wish there was something I could do for you about the Headless Hunt.

Nick suddenly stops gliding and Harry walks right through him.

NEARLY HEADLESS NICK
But there is something you could do for me...

INT. GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM - EVENING

Harry breaks the news to Ron, who is doing potions homework, and Hermione.

HERMIONE GRANGER
A deathday party? I bet there aren't many living people who can say they've been to one of those - it'll be fascinating!

RON WEASLEY
Why would anyone want to celebrate the day they died? Sounds dead depressing to me...

Harry looks out the window to see Hagrid carving pumkins twice the size of himself. Hermione notices this.

HERMIONE GRANGER
A promise is a promise. You said you'd go to the deathday party.

INT. GREAT HALL - HOGWARTS - EVENING
(31/10/92)

Bats fly by and candles and the enormous pumpkin lanterns float over the packed tables.

INT. ENTRANCE HALL - HOGWARTS - EVENING
(31/10/92)

Students make their way inside, yet Harry, Ron and Hermione head towards the dungeon. Snape eyes them suspiciuosly

I wanted to finish this before I posted, But I ran out of time... Ah, I love the fact that DH is out:    

For the last time, the camera pans and fades to…

INT. POTIONS DUNGEON

…pickled animals in jars on shelves. We find Severus Snape taking the roll. He pauses and looks at Harry

SEVERUS SNAPE
Ah. Yes. Harry Potter. Our new - celebrity

Snape continues to take the roll, occasionally his cold, empty black eyes look straight at Harry.

CUT TO:
LATER

Snape stands in front of the class.

SEVERUS SNAPE (CONT’D)
You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potionmaking. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses.
(pause)
I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death - if you aren't as big a lot of dunderheads as I usually have to teach.

Stuff

CUT TO:

INT. HEADMASTER’S OFFICE - HOGWARTS - AFTERNOON

Snape storms around the room.

SEVERUS SNAPE
- mediocre ... arrogant as his father, a determined rule-breaker ... delighted to find himself famous ... attention-seeking and impertinent -
Dumbledore is sitting at his desk reading ‘Transfiguration Today’, not even noticing Snape break a few of the odd instruments which lie on nearby tables.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
You see what you expect to see, Severus. Other teachers report that the boy is modest, likable, and reasonably talented.

Snape looks angered at this.

From DH thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast_ended View Post
I have written my own DH script in a professional program (Final Draft). I though about it a lot and I would really love to hear any sort of feedback. So far I've got to Ron's leaving. It is in PDF format over here.

Main changes so far include:

Replacing Yaxley with Bellatrix
Shortening the Dursely's very much
Replacing Bill and Fleur with Remus and Tonks (Also Bill and Fleur does have cameo's in the chase because I needed 13 people and couldn't think of anyone else).
Cutting the ministry break in.
Having Lupin deliever the news about the taboo.
Moving the kiss to the Wedding.
Cutting Krum, Muriel and Xenophilious.

So far it is 50 pages, which is about 50 minutes - Seems fine to me, as I've covered everything until the 16th chapter.

Enjoy and please give me feedback!
I took a quick look through what you'd added since you last posted here and I hardly noticed the Ministry was missing and I liked how the tent scenes were handled.

I should post my script in PDF, too. I gets annoying formatting it (centering dialogue and having spaces in between).

Edit: I found a way of doing that here is my PS script (first 4 and a half chapters and a bit of chapter 8, clocking in at the moment at 42 pages) [Link no longer valid]

Last edited by ArryGrotter; December 17th, 2007 at 8:01 pm.
Sponsored Links