View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2007, 7:55 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

As part of my PS break I decided to do a chunk of GoF, only to figure out that it is twice too long. Oh, well, I'm not onto that yet, but what I have done (Now edited to include everything I've done.):    

GoF: The Triwizard Tournament, Mad-Eye Moody, The Unforgivable CursesINT. GREAT HALL - HOGWARTS - EVENING
(1/9/1994)

Dumbledore gets to his feet.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I have only two words to say to you: Tuck in.

RON WEASLEY
About time.

Ron, Harry and Hermione start to eat, while Nearly Headless Nick onlooks.

NEARLY HEADLESS NICK
You're lucky there's a feast at all tonight, you know. There was trouble in the kitchens earlier.

RON WEASLEY
(Still eating)
Why? What happened?

NEARLY HEADLESS NICK
Peeves, of course. He wanted to attend the feast, but that’s out of the question.

RON WEASLEY
So what did he do in the kitchens?

NEARLY HEADLESS NICK
The usual. Wreaked havoc and mayhem. Pots and pans everywhere. Terrified the house-elves -

CLANG. Hermione knocks over her goblet of pumpkin juice in shock.

HERMIONE GRANGER
There are house-elves here? Here at Hogwarts?

NEARLY HEADLESS NICK
Certainly. The largest number in any dwelling in Britain, I believe. Over a hundred.

HERMIONE GRANGER
But they get paid? They get holidays, don't they? And - and sick leave, and pensions, and everything?

NEARLY HEADLESS NICK
(Shaking his head)
House-elves don't want sick leave and pensions!

Hermione puts down her knife and fork.

HERMIONE GRANGER
Slave-labour.

LATER

Puddings are now being served, but still Hermione does not eat.

RON WEASLEY
(Pushing it towards her)
Treacle tart, Hermione!

But Hermione, with her arms folded, turns to face the staff table where Dumbledore is standing. The puddings vanish.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Now that we are all fed and watered.

HERMIONE GRANGER
Hmph!

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I ask for your attention, while I give out a few notices. Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to comprises of some four hundred and thirty-seven items. It can be viewed in Mr. Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it.

Dumbledore smiles slightly.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE (CONT’D)
It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year. This is due to an event that will be starting in October. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts -

But the Great Hall doors open. A RUMBLE of thunder is heard. A hooded man stands at the open doors. It is MAD-EYE MOODY.

Moody lowers his hood to reveal a long mane of grizzled, dark gray hair and a face looking as though it was carved out of wood. A chunk of Moody’s nose is missing. His eyes are mis-matched. One, the dark one, is normal looking and is facing the staff table and the other, which is electric blue, is whizzing around in its socket, glancing at all the students.

Moody walks up to Dumbledore with CLUNKS. They shake hands. Dumbledore gestures him to sit down. Moody does, and sniffs the plate of sausages in front of him [Only the food on the Student tables disappear] and brings out a knife and fork to eat it with, rather than those surrounding him.

May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher? Professor Moody.

No one claps except for Dumbledore and Hagrid.

HARRY POTTER
(To Ron)
Moody? Mad-Eye Moody? The one your dad went to help this morning?

RON WEASLEY
Must be.

HERMIONE GRANGER
What happened to him? What happened to his face?

RON WEASLEY
Dunno.

Up at the staff table, Moody pulls out a hip flask, ignoring the pumpkin juice. Harry notices Moody has a wooden leg.

Dumbledore clears his throat.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
As I was saying, we are to have the honour of hosting a very exciting event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year.

FRED WEASLEY
You’re joking!

The tension created by Moody’s arrival leaves and Dumbledore chuckles.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I am not joking, Mr. Weasley. Though now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer-

McGonagall clears her throat

But maybe this is not the time... Ah yes, the Triwizard Tournament was first established some seven hundred years ago as a friendly competition between the three largest European schools of wizardry: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang. A champion was selected to represent each school, and the three champions competed in three magical tasks. The schools took it in turns to host the tournament once every five years, and it was a most excellent way of establishing ties between young witches and wizards of different nationalities - until, that is, the death toll mounted so high that the tournament was discontinued.

Hermione looks shocked

Our own departments of International Magical Cooperation and Magical Games and Sports have decided the time is ripe for another attempt to reinstate the tournament. We have worked hard over the summer to ensure that this time, no champion will find himself or herself in mortal danger. The heads of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving with their short-listed contenders in October, and the selection of the three champions will take place at Halloween. An impartial judge will decide which students are most worthy to compete for the Triwizard Cup, the glory of their school, and a thousand Galleons personal prize money.

Fred and George Weasley’s faces light up.

The heads of the participating schools, along with the Ministry of Magic, have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year, and only students who are of age - that is to say, seventeen years or older - will be allowed to put forward their names. I will personally be ensuring that no underage student hoodwinks our impartial judge into making them Hogwarts champion. I therefore beg you not to waste your time submitting yourself if you are under seventeen.

Dumbledore eyes Fred and George.

I know that you will all extend every courtesy to our foreign guests while they are with us, and will give your whole-hearted support to the Hogwarts champion when he or she is selected. And now, it is late, and I know how important it is to you all to be alert and rested as you enter your lessons tomorrow morning. Bedtime! Chop chop!

The students leave and we follow Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George.

GEORGE WEASLEY
(Glaring at the staff table)
They can't do that! We're seventeen in April, why can't we have a shot?

FRED WEASLEY
(Also glaring at the staff table)
They're not stopping me entering. The champions'll get to do all sorts of stuff you'd never be allowed to do normally. And a thousand Galleons prize money!

RON WEASLEY
Yeah, a thousand Galleons...

HARRY POTTER
Who's this impartial judge who's going to decide who the champions are?

FRED WEASLEY
Dunno, but it's them we'll have to fool. I reckon a couple of drops of Aging Potion might do it, George.

RON WEASLEY
Dumbledore knows you're not of age, though.

FRED WEASLEY
Yeah, but he's not the one who decides who the champion is, is he? Sounds to me like once this judge knows who wants to enter, he'll choose the best from each school and never mind how old they are. Dumbledore's trying to stop us giving our names.

HERMIONE GRANGER
People have died, though!

FRED WEASLEY
Yeah, but that was years ago, wasn't it? Anyway, where's the fun without a bit of risk? Hey, Ron, what if we find out how to get 'round Dumbledore? Fancy entering?

RON WEASLEY
What d'you reckon? Be cool to enter, wouldn't it?

INT. GRYFFINDOR BOYS DORMITORY - HOGWARTS - MIDNIGHT
(1-2/9/94)

Harry is sleeping, his sleep full with dreams:

INT. GREAT HALL - HOGWARTS - EVENING
(DREAM)

An IMPARTIAL JUDGE makes his decision.

IMPARTIAL JUDGE
Harry Potter!

EXT. HOGWARTS GROUNDS - DAY
(DREAM)

Harry raises his arms in victory to the surrounding stands. From them, Cho Chang’s face stands out, glowing with admiration.

INT. GRYFFINDOR BOYS DORMITORY - HOGWARTS - MIDNIGHT
(1-2/9/94)

Harry smiles.

INT. GREAT HALL - HOGWARTS - MORNING
(2/9/94)

Harry, Ron and Hermione are examining their new timetables.

RON WEASLEY
Today's not bad ... outside all morning.

HARRY POTTER
(Groaning)
Double Divination this afternoon.

HERMIONE GRANGER
You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?

RON WEASLEY
You're eating again, I notice.

Indeed she is.

HERMIONE GRANGER
I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights.

RON WEASLEY
Yeah ... and you were hungry.

INT. GREENHOUSE THREE - HERBOLOGY - HOGWARTS - MORNING
(2/9/94)

Professor Sprout shows the fourth-year Gryffindors and the fourth-year Hufflepuffs ugly plants, like vertical thick, black, giant slugs, each with numerous swellings on them.

POMONA SPROUT
Bubotubers. They need squeezing. You will collect the pus -

SEAMUS FINNIGAN
The what?

POMONA SPROUT
Pus, Finnigan, pus. It's extremely valuable, an excellent remedy for the more stubborn forms of acne, bubotuber pus, so don't waste it. Wear your dragon-hide gloves; it can do funny things to the skin when undiluted, bubotuber pus.

Harry, Ron and Hermione start.

EXT. HAGRID’S HUT - LATE MORNING
(2/9/94)

Hagrid stands waiting with Fang, his boarhound. Several open wooden crates lay around him. The Gryffindor fourth-years arrive.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Mornin'! Be'er wait fer the Slytherins, they won' want ter miss this - Blast-Ended Skrewts!

RON WEASLEY
Come again?

Lavender Brown looks over the edge of one the crates.

LAVENDER BROWN
(Jumping backwards)
Eurgh!

Harry looks over the edge of the crate. The Blast-Ended Skrewts look like shell-less lobsters, with too many legs and no apparent head. Sparks fly with in the box every now and then and a Skrewt would fly to the other side of the crate.

RUBEUS HAGRID
On'y jus' hatched, so yeh'll be able ter raise 'em yerselves! Thought we'd make a bit of a project of it!

DRACO MALFOY (O.S.)
And why would we want to raise them?

The Slytherin fourth-years arrive.

DRACO MALFOY (CONT’D)
I mean, what do they do? What is the point of them?

Draco looks into the crate.
DRACO MALFOY (CONT’D)
Who would even want a pet like that?

Hermione steps forward.

HERMIONE GRANGER
Just because they're not very pretty, it doesn't mean they're not useful. Dragon blood's amazingly magical, but you wouldn't exactly want a dragon for a pet, would you?

Harry and Ron look at Hagrid who beams.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Now, yeh'll wan' ter feed 'em on a few diff'rent things - I've never had 'em before, not sure what they'll go fer - I got ant eggs an' frog livers an' a bit o' grass snake - just try 'em out with a bit of each.

SEAMUS FINNIGAN
First pus and now this.

INT. GREAT HALL - HOGWARTS - MIDDAY
(2/9/94)

Harry, Ron and Hermione make their way toward the Gryffindor table.

RON WEASLEY
Well, at least the skrewts are small.

HERMIONE GRANGER
They are now, but once Hagrid's found out what they eat, I expect they'll be six feet long

RON WEASLEY
Well, that won't matter if they turn out to cure seasickness or something, will it?

HERMIONE GRANGER
You know perfectly well I only said that to shut Malfoy up.

Hermione starts to eat at rapid speed.

RON WEASLEY
Er - is this the new stand on elf rights? You're going to make yourself puke instead?

HERMIONE GRANGER
No,
(she eats more)
I just want to get to the library.

RON WEASLEY
What? We haven't even got homework yet!

Hermione finishes and speeds off.

HERMIONE GRANGER
See you at dinner!

Harry and Ron share a glance.

INT. DIVINATION CLASS - HOGWARTS - AFTERNOON
(2/9/94)

Harry and Ron sit around a small circular table, as do fellow fourth-year Gryffindors.

SYBILL TRELAWNEY (O.S.)
Good day.

Professor Sybill Trelawney comes forward out of the shadows, looking mournfully at Harry.

SYBILL TRELAWNEY (CONT’D)
You are preoccupied, my dear. My inner eye sees past your brave face to the troubled soul within. I fear the thing you dread will indeed come to pass ... and perhaps sooner than you think...

Harry looks curiously at Trelawney...

My dears, it is time for us to consider the stars. The movements of the planets and the mysterious portents they reveal...

...and remembers.

FLASHBACK TO:

INT. DIVINATION CLASS - HOGWARTS - LATE AFTERNOON
(--/6/94)

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
The Dark Lord lies alone and friendless, abandoned by his followers. His servant has been chained these twelve years. Tonight, before midnight ... the servant will break free and set out to rejoin his master. The Dark Lord will rise again with his servants aid, greater and more terrible than ever he was. tonight ... before midnight ... the servant ... will set out ... to rejoin ... his master...

BACK TO PRESENT

INT. DIVINATION CLASS - HOGWARTS - AFTERNOON
(2/9/94)

RON WEASLEY
(Muttering)
Harry.

HARRY POTTER
What?

Everyone is looking at him.

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
I was saying that Saturn was surely in a position of power in the heavens at the moment of your birth.

Harry catches Ron’s eyes. He is rolling them.

Your dark hair ... your mean stature ... tragic losses so young in life ... I think I am right in saying, my dear, that you were born in midwinter?

HARRY POTTER
No, I was born in July.

Ron laughs.

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
(Slightly angered)
For homework...

INT. FIRST FLOOR - HOGWARTS - EVENING
(2/9/94)

Harry and Ron make their way to dinner.

RON WEASLEY
Miserable old bat. That'll take all weekend, that will.

Hermione finds them.

HERMIONE GRANGER
Lots of homework? Professor Vector didn't give us any at all!

Ron looks more disgruntled at this.

INT. ENTRANCE HALL - HOGWARTS - EVENING
(CONTINUOS ACTION) (2/9/94)

Harry, Ron and Hermione descend the Marble Staircase.

DRACO MALFOY (O.S.)
Weasley!

Harry, Ron and Hermione turn. Draco stands waiting outside the Dungeons with Crabbe and Goyle.

RON WEASLEY
What?

DRACO MALFOY
Your dad’s in the paper, Weasley.

Draco shows Ron a Daily Prophet with the headline ‘Further mistakes at the Ministry of Magic’ with a picture of Arthur and Molly outside the Burrow.

DRACO MALFOY (CONT’D)
And there’s a picture, Weasley. A picture of your parents outside their house - if you can call it a house! Your mother could do with losing a bit of weight, couldn't she?

Ron shakes with fury.

HARRY POTTER
Get stuffed, Malfoy.

DRACO MALFOY
Oh yeah, you were staying with them this summer, weren't you, Potter? So tell me, is his mother really that porky, or is it just the picture?

HARRY POTTER
You know your mother, Malfoy? That expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose? Has she always looked like that, or was it just because you were with her?

DRACO MALFOY
Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter.

HARRY POTTER
Keep your fat mouth shut, then.

Harry turns away and...

BANG! A spell barely misses him and turns back to Malfoy, but he’s not there.

MAD-EYE MOODY (O.S.)
Oh no you don't, laddie!

Moody comes limping down the marble staircase, pointing his wand at a pure white ferret.

MAD-EYE MOODY (CONT’D)
I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back's turned! Stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do...

He makes the ferret fly high into the air, then smash back down to the ground.

MAD-EYE MOODY (CONT’D)
(Continuing to bounce the ferret)
Never - do - that - again!

Professor McGonagall comes down the staircase, her arms full of books.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Professor Moody!

Moody turns to see who it is, still bouncing the ferret.

MAD-EYE MOODY
Hello, Professor McGonagall.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
What - what are you doing?

MAD-EYE MOODY
Teaching.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Teach - Moody, is that a student?

MAD-EYE MOODY
Yep.

McGonagall drops the books and whips out her wand. The ferret transforms back into Draco Malfoy.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Moody, we never use Transfiguration as a punishment! Surely Professor Dumbledore told you that?

MAD-EYE MOODY
He might've mentioned it, yeah.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
We give detentions, Moody! Or speak to the offender's Head of House!

MAD-EYE MOODY
I'll do that, then.

He looks at Draco, too scared to speak.

MAD-EYE MOODY (CONT’D)
Now, your Head of House'll be Snape, will it?

DRACO MALFOY
(Quietly)
Yes.

MAD-EYE MOODY
Another old friend.

He picks Draco up and drags him toward the dungeon.

MAD-EYE MOODY (CONT’D)
I've been looking forward to a chat with old Snape.

INT. GREAT HALL - HOGWARTS - EVENING
(2/9/94)

Harry, Ron and Hermione sit down for dinner.

RON WEASLEY
Don’t talk to me.

HERMIONE GRANGER
Why not?

RON WEASLEY
Because I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret.

Harry and Hermione laugh. Harry notices Hermione eating fast again.

HARRY POTTER
Don't tell me you're going back to the library this evening?

HERMIONE GRANGER
Got to. Loads to do.

RON WEASLEY
But you said...

HERMIONE GRANGER
It's not schoolwork.

And with one last bite, she departs.

INT. POTIONS DUNGEON - HOGWARTS - AFTERNOON
(3/9/94)

The fourth-year Gryffindor and fourth-year Slytherins are in Potions. Neville Longbottom’s cauldron melts with a hiss.

SEVERUS SNAPE
Detention Longbottom. I would have thought that by the time you melted your fifth cauldron, you would understand not to melt your sixth.

Snape sweeps around the room.

RON WEASLEY
You know why Snape's in such a foul mood, don't you?

HARRY POTTER
Yeah. Moody.

Harry looks up at Snape, still sweeping around the dungeon.

HARRY POTTER (CONT’D)
I reckon Snape's a bit scared of him, you know.

RON WEASLEY
Imagine if Moody turned Snape into a horned toad, and bounced him all around his dungeon...

INT. FIRST FLOOR - HOGWARTS - AFTERNOON
(5/9/94)

The Gryffindor first-years all line up for Defence Against the Dark Arts, all except Hermione, who rushes towards Harry and Ron.

HERMIONE GRANGER
Been in the -

HARRY POTTER
Library. C'mon, quick, or we won't get decent seats.

INT. DEFENCE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASS - HOGWARTS - AFTERNOON
(5/9/94)

The Gryffindor fourth-years sit patiently waiting for Moody.

I'm going to return to PS now

Last edited by ArryGrotter; December 12th, 2007 at 3:19 am.
Sponsored Links