View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:18 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

My next HBP stuff will be from the Burrow through the Hogwarts Express, but since I'm a bit stuck with rewrites there, I figured this would be a good time to post my first DH scene. Imperfect, of course, but I'm fairly happy with it.

INT. MALFOY MANOR - DRAWING ROOM
FADE IN
An apparently unconscious figure, the firelight in the room too dim for a face to be visible, rotates upside down in midair, as if controlled by invisible ropes. Pan left and down slightly, across a conference table packed with DEATH EATERS, including BELLATRIX LESTRANGE (gazing pleasurably at the bound figure above), NARCISSA MALFOY (looking determinedly away from the prisoner), and PETER PETTIGREW (seated so low in his chair that one mightn't see that it was occupied if they didn't look closely enough). We stop at the chair at the table's rear, in front of the fireplace at the back of the room, occupied by LORD VOLDEMORT himself. Two new arrivals, SEVERUS SNAPE and an unknown, then walk into the room and toward the conference table, making their obligatory glances upward as well.

VOLDEMORT
Yaxley, Snape, you are very nearly late. You have news?

SNAPE
My Lord, it seems the Order intends to move Potter from his current place of safety to the home of one of their own next Saturday, at nightfall.

VOLDEMORT
Good. Very good.

YAXLEY
My Lord, I have heard differently. It is the belief of the auror Dawlish that Potter is to be moved on the night of July 30th, just before his 17th birthday. He seemed quite certain.

SNAPE
He would seem certain if he had been bewitched to believe so to plant a false trail. The Order no longer trusts the Ministry, which means they would not allow classified information of this sort leaked within it; and they will not be using any means of transportation the Ministry can observe.

VOLDEMORT
He will need to move in the open then.

As he walks around the room, a snake the size of his thigh slithers by his side.

VOLDEMORT
That Harry Potter is alive today is more due to my failures than his triumphs. But I understand now what I did not before; I must be the one to kill Harry Potter, and I will be. I suspect the Order will ally with the Ministry to place any protection available to them over the boy's safehouse, and we will not be able to break those enchantments yet. We have begun our mission well, but Scrimgeour must be surrounded by our men before action can be taken. (turning to stare up at the suspended figure) The Ministry of Magic, once a noble magical institution, has allowed mudbloods, werewolves, and blood traitors to run free, but we shall cut away this..canker that infects us, until only the true blood remains. Lucius, I will require your wand. After all, I see no reason for you to have one any longer. (Lucius exchanges a small reluctant look with Narcissa. DRACO sits to Narcissa's left, failing to repress a look of simultaneous insatiable curiosity and genuine horror at the victim above.) Your wand, Lucius! (Lucius hands it over.) Ennervate!

The prisoner begins to return to consciousness.

VOLDEMORT
Yes, this will do fine. You recognize her, Draco? Of course, you will not have taken her classes. Severus, you will know her, no doubt.

As this woman struggles at her invisible bonds, Snape draws a maliciousl-but-slight grin.

SNAPE
Ah, yes.

WOMAN
Severus, please..help me...

VOLDEMORT
For those who do not know, we are joined tonight by Charity Burbage, who, until recently, taught Muggle Studies at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Yes, "Professor" Burbage taught the children of the wizarding world that wizards and muggles are not so very different after all; and she even wrote an impassioned defense of mudbloods in 'The Daily Prophet'. Miss Burbage writes that the dwindling of the purebloods is a most desirable occurrence, that we should welcome and embrace these thieves of our knowledge, our magic...She would have us all mate with muggles..

CHARITY pleads with Snape as he and Bellatrix look on in anticipation:

CHARITY
Severus...please...

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

The room is momentarily lit by the green glow of the killing curse as Charity Burbage drops onto the table, causing a few Death Eaters to jump back in their seats slightly, and Draco to fall out of his. Voldemort simply walks back across the room, the giant snake slithering by his side.

VOLDEMORT
Dinner, Nagini.
FADE OUT

And I went back and made a lot of revisions to "Will and Won't" and "Horace Slughorn" and I think they're both much better scenes now.

Last edited by IenjoyAcidPops; March 20th, 2008 at 7:48 pm.
Sponsored Links