View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2008, 4:20 am
Seventh Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

And the Dursleys depart (this is, of course, just after the appearance of the title):

INT. #4 PRIVET DRIVE - THE DURSLEYS' HOUSE - SITTING ROOM
FADE IN
HARRY walks into the room as UNCLE VERNON paces, lost in thought. AUNT PETUNIA and DUDLEY sit on the couch waiting, surrounded by bags and suitcases; the sitting room is almost entirely empty.

HARRY
What is it this time?

VERNON
I've changed my mind.

HARRY
(sarcastic) There's a surprise.

PETUNIA
Do not take that tone -

VERNON
Now, now, Petunia. Well, boy, you claim this Lord..Voldything -

HARRY
Lord Voldemort, and we've been through this before; it's not a claim, it's a fact. He's been back for two years, and almost all The Order of the Phoenix are convinced that as the protection that keeps this place safe as long as I call it home runs out right when I turn 17, he'll be coming after you as soon as possible - whether it's to get information on me or because he thinks he can have at me by luring me here to save you.

Harry's and Vernon's eyes meet for a moment here, both clearly wondering the same thing.

HARRY
You need to go into hiding, and you're being offered the best protection there is. Hestia Jones and Dedalus Diggle are more than capable.

VERNON
Well, what am I to do about work - and Dudley's school?!

HARRY
None of that matters! Don't you understand, all this stuff that's been happening, the accidents, the disappearances, the deaths, it's all because of him. Even this mist - that's caused by the dementors; they're breeding. And if you don't remember what those are ask your son, he almost had his soul sucked out by one.

VERNON
Alright, alright, you've made your point!

HARRY
I hope so.

DUDLEY
Dementors...I didn't know there were more of them. (pause) Dad, I'm going with these Order people.

HARRY
Smartest thing you've ever said, Dudley.

And this seems to have made the decision for Vernon and Petunia as well, as the doorbell rings. Harry answers it to greet HESTIA JONES and DEDALUS DIGGLE of THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX.

DEDALUS
Mr. Potter.

HESTIA
Hello, Harry.

HARRY
Hi guys, thanks for doing this.

DEDALUS
Oh, not at all, not at all. Well (stepping over the threshold followed by Hestia), good evening Harry Potter's relatives!

It appears the Dursleys do not enjoy being greeted thus.

DEDALUS
Harry's told you the plan, then? (The Dursleys nod - Vernon grunts slightly - in affirmation.) Excellent; well, then, shall we be off?

Although they stand at the ready, the Dursleys make no movement forward.

HESTIA
Oh, perhaps we should give them a moment alone.

DEDALUS
Oh yes, of course.

HARRY
No, really, there's no need.

HESTIA
Well, surely you'd want to see each other off; you are family, after all.

HARRY
Well, they don't think of me as family so much as a waste of space.

DUDLEY
I don't think you're a waste of space.

Somewhat shocked looks from Vernon, Petunia, and especially Harry follow this statement.

HARRY
Oh...well, thanks, Dudley.

Dudley seems to be looking for the right words to convey his feelings before he says:

DUDLEY
You saved my life.

Dudley walks forward a bit and reaches out his hand to shake Harry's.

HARRY
(shaking it in return) Blimey, Dudley, did the dementors blow a different personality into you?

DUDLEY
Dunno. Well, see you, Harry.

HARRY
...yeah, maybe.

Petunia takes this moment to walk over and hug/suffocate her son, sobbing "Dudders, that was so sweet".

VERNON
Well, are we going or not?

DEDALUS
Yes, we ought to be. We'll leave these things (pointing his wand to the luggage and sending it vanishing) waiting for us). And (shaking Harry's hand himself) good luck to you, Mr. Potter.

HESTIA
Our hopes lie with you.

HARRY
Er..right...

Dedalus and Hestia walk out followed by Vernon, who turns to give Harry a cursory "Goodbye, boy". Dudley escapes his mother's grip to follow after him, but Petunia remains hovering just outside the doorway, apparently wanting to say something herself.

PETUNIA
I-w-goodbye, then.

HARRY
Goodbye.

Last edited by IenjoyAcidPops; March 20th, 2008 at 8:48 pm.
Sponsored Links