View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2003, 5:27 pm
Third Year

I don't think Harry will learn to apparate over the summer. You have to be 17 to take the test and he won't even be 16 until a month before they return to Hogwarts. I think apparating will be a class like the flying lesson they had in first year, only more than one!

I think Harry may have his least trying summer ever. I think though this time, the Dursleys won't mind him watching the news and will keep asking him if he spots anything that might be bad in the news.

I think Voldemort, now that everyone knows he's back, will definitely be trying some things. Not sure that he would bother with the Grangers. If he wanted to get at someone close to Harry, he'd go for the Weasleys.

In GoF, the muggle-torture Voldemort speaks of is what happened at the Quidditch World Cup. He isn't offering him an assignment.

GoF, ch. 33, The Death Eaters
"Lucius, my slippery friend," he whispered, halting before him. "I am told that you have not renounced the old ways, though to the world you present a respectable face. You are still ready to take the lead in a spot of Muggle-torture, I believe? Yet you never tried to find me, Lucius... your exploits at the Quidditch World Cup were fun, I daresay ... but might not your energy have been better directed towards finding and aiding your master?"

Sponsored Links