View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2009, 5:41 am
Seventh Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

HBP scenes 10-12: HERMIONE'S HELPING HAND/THE SLUG CLUB/HOGSMEADE ATTACK:    

CUT TO
EXT. HOGWARTS – QUIDDITCH PITCH - AFTERNOON
RON flies into the air and takes his position in front of the central goal hoop. A quaffle swoops in but instead of blocking it, RON misses, lets it go through, and accidentally spins in midair. CUT TO HARRY - and HERMIONE in the stands - looking a bit concerned. The GRYFFINDOR opposite RON throws another quaffle at the hoop to his right; this one pelts RON square in the face; HARRY cringes a little.

HARRY
Come on, Ron.

The 3rd quaffle flies to his far left; this time, RON anticipates it and blocks it with perfect timing (although nearly losing grip on his broom).

HARRY
Yes!

CUT TO HERMIONE smiling approvingly. RON and the chaser playing to him land back down in front of HARRY, GINNY, and 3 other GRYFFINDORS in their quidditch robes.

HARRY
Well, um - looks like we have our new keeper.

RON
Really?

GINNY
Alright, Ron!

GRYFFINDOR GUY
Hold on, you’re putting him in?!

A tall, burly GRYFFINDOR guy walks up to HARRY holding his broomstick.

GRYFFINDOR GUY
He missed two penalties!

HARRY
He didn’t take off in the opposite direction at the end, McLaggen.

McLAGGEN
I – you – you’re only putting Weasley in because you’re friends.

HARRY
I’m putting him in because he performed better, now that’s all I’m saying on the matter.

McLAGGEN walks away angrily.

HARRY
Alright everyone, good work, our first match is against Slytherin, so see you all at practice next weekend.

HERMIONE
(walking up to them)
Congratulations, Ron.

RON
Thanks. I’m gonna go change.
(He walks off.)

HARRY
(to HERMIONE)
You know, it’s interesting: there were only two keepers trying out, Ron and McLaggen. And McLaggen just…took off, the opposite way. Almost as if someone had jinxed him, so that Ron would definitely make the team.

HERMIONE
(coy)
That is interesting.

CUT TO
INT. HOGWARTS – POTIONS DUNGEON
HARRY, RON, and HERMIONE are about to leave the classroom with the rest of the group. HARRY puts his ADVANCED POTION-MAKING book back in his bag.

HERMIONE
Hasn’t your new one come from Flourish & Blott’s yet?

HARRY
(softly)
It has, and I switched the covers, I’m keeping the old one.

HERMIONE
Harry, you don’t even know anything about this Half-Blood Prince! Particularly who it is.

The conversation is cut short by SLUGHORN walking up to them.

SLUGHORN
Oh good, you haven’t left yet. Harry, I’m having a little get-together for a small group of my students tonight in my office; I wonder if you’d care to come.

HARRY
Oh, um…yeah, yeah, alright.

SLUGHORN
Excellent. Miss Granger, I would love you to attend as well.

HERMIONE
Sure.

SLUGHORN
7:00 then?

HARRY
Yep.

HERMIONE
Mmm-hmm.

SLUGHORN walks away, ignoring RON. As the trio leave, RON asks:

RON
You two can see me, right?

CUT TO
INT. HOGWARTS – SLUGHORN’S OFFICE
HARRY and HERMIONE walk into SLUGHORN’s office; seated at a circular table are SLUGHORN, GINNY, NEVILLE, McLAGGEN, and 2 others we do not recognize: a thin, straw-haired boy and a tall boy with high cheekbones and slanted eyes.

SLUGHORN
And you know, I was speaking to Gwenog Jones, Captain of The Holyhead Harpies, you know, the premier all-female quidditch team, and - Harry, my boy! And Miss Granger, yes, have a seat, have a seat. Glad you could come – especially after you missed our little get-together on the train, Harry.

HARRY
Uh, yeah, something else just came up.

SLUGHORN
Well, no matter. Let’s have some introductions then, shall we? Miss Weasley and Mr. Longbottom over here tell me you already know each other, which is very good. And this is Cormac McLaggen, also Gryffindor –

McLAGGEN
Harry.

HARRY
McLaggen.

SLUGHORN
- Marcus Belby, he’s Ravenclaw –

MARCUS
Hello, nice to meet you.

HARRY
Hello.

HERMIONE
Hi.

SLUGHORN
- and Blaise Zabini, of Slytherin.

Being SLYTHERIN, ZABINI merely gives HARRY a small look of contempt, which HARRY returns.

SLUGHORN
Marcus, you know, I used to teach your uncle Damacles; outstanding wizard, and his Order of Merlin was most deserved. Do you see much of him?

MARCUS
Um, no, he and my dad don’t get on very well.

SLUGHORN
Oh, that’s a shame. Cormac, I happen to know you see a lot of your uncle, Tiberius, because he has a splendid picture of you two hunting nogtails in Norfolk, I think.

McLAGGEN
Yeah, we went with Rufus Scrimgeour. This was before he became Minister, of course.

SLUGHORN
Impressive, impressive. Oh, would anyone care for some pineapple? It’s crystallized, that’s always been my favorite.
(He takes the bowl and puts it in the center of the table. McLAGGEN is the only one who takes any.)
Neville Longbottom…

NEVILLE’s slumped head darts up.

NEVILLE
Yeah?

SLUGHORN
Your parents: as I recall, their strong point was always Defense Against the Dark Arts. In fact, I don't mean to brag, but I daresay I had a little bit to do with their appointment as aurors for the Ministry. Yourself?

NEVILLE
Well…my best marks are in Herbology.

GINNY
Professor Sprout says he’s a natural.

SLUGHORN
Yes, indeed. Needless to say, your parents were among the bravest people I’ve known. It’s very tragic what happened, very tragic.
(turning to his left)
Well now, Harry Potter…Of course, they’re calling you The Chosen One now, aren’t they?

ZABINI rolls his eyes.

SLUGHORN
Rumors have been around that you had extraordinary ability since, well, since the night Lily and James were killed, the night you survived. One doesn’t know what to believe; the Prophet’s been known to print inaccuracies, make mistakes, but given all the witnesses, you seem to have been in the middle of quite the, er, disturbance at the Ministry.

HARRY fumbles to answer this himself.

HERMIONE
The Prophet doesn’t have any proof that there was a prophecy.

NEVILLE
Yeah, we never heard one, and we were there!

SLUGHORN
Were you now? That certainly is interesting; I’m sure you have some stories to tell.

GINNY
To be honest, it’s more the sort of thing you want to put behind you, Professor.

SLUGHORN
Oh, of course, of course. Well, I don’t want to keep all of you long. Class dismissed.
(He chuckles.)
And I hope there are many more of these meetings to come.

CUT TO
INT. HOGWARTS – HALLWAY

HERMIONE
Not quite what I expected.

HARRY
Please, you know you hated it.

HERMIONE
I didn’t hate it, but – did you notice he only invited people with famous parents, or who’re well-connected?

HARRY
Not Ginny – not you; unless you actually are related to Hector Dagworth-Granger.

GINNY
Well, I agree with Hermione, I'm not sure why I was invited.

HARRY
He probably invited you because you're funny, smart, a great witch.

GINNY
You do make a good point. I'll see you two later, I'm meeting Dean.

HARRY
See you.

HERMIONE seems to catch the wistful look on HARRY's face as she leaves.

CUT TO
EXT. HOGSMEADE - AFTERNOON
PAN DOWN from an OVERHEAD SHOT of HOGSMEADE VILLAGE; HARRY, RON, and HERMIONE walk alongside the gallery of shops.

HERMIONE
I wonder what your next lesson with Dumbledore could be.

HARRY
Another memory, I suppose.

HERMIONE
No, I mean what it could involve. You think they’re all going to be of Voldemort’s past?

HARRY
Probably; Dumbledore did say the best way to prepare for the future was to journey through the past, so…I’m more wondering what he did to his hand.

HERMIONE
It must have been fascinating to see him, just a kid.

HARRY
That’s one way to put it.

HERMIONE
(to RON)
You’ve been awfully quiet.

RON
Oh, yeah; I’m just thinking about the match. Harry, I’ve decided, I think you should find another keeper, I’m no good.

HARRY
What? No, Ron, you’ll do great, you just need more confidence in yourself.
(beat)
Beside, it’s too late for me to get someone else.

PARVATI PATIL and a friend, perky and attractive with long brown hair, pass them by.

PARVATI’S FRIEND
Hi, Ron; I'm, uh, glad you made the team.

RON
Thanks, Lavender.

LAVENDER smiles at RON as she walks away, which HERMIONE catches and looks slightly jealous about.

HERMIONE
Harry, did you notice Cho in The Three Broomsticks?

HARRY
Yeah, I did.

HERMIONE
Why didn’t you say anything?

HARRY
I already apologized after I found out she was forced to give away the D.A.’s location. But it’s just so awkward with us now; things just sort of…fell apart.
(pause)
So how long's Ginny been with Dean anyway?

RON
I dunno, a few months maybe - why?

A horrible shriek cuts the relaxed atmosphere; a little way ahead, a girl rises from the ground, as if controlled by some invisible force, stopping in a position with her arms outstretched stiffly, her face totally serene as she unleashes a second blood-curdling scream, her friend in hysterics below.

GIRL #2
KATIE! Katie, talk to me, please!

HARRY, RON, and HERMIONE come running along to them.

HARRY
What’s going on?!

GIRL #2
She was carrying that out, and all of a sudden she was thrown in the air!

HARRY
(pointing to a box laying on the ground)
That?

She nods tearfully.

HARRY
(to RON and HERMIONE)
You two go back to the castle and get help, quick!

RON and HERMIONE run off toward HOGWARTS; HARRY looks back up toward KATIE then leans down to take a closer look at – but not touch – the small package.

CUT TO
INT. HOGWARTS – PROFESSOR McGONAGALL’S OFFICE
PROFESSOR McGONAGALL walks in before a nervous HARRY, RON, and HERMIONE.

McGONAGALL
Miss Bell is resting in the hospital wing. Did any of you see what happened?

RON
Yeah, we all did.

McGONAGALL
Well…?

HERMIONE
Well, apparently Katie was taking a package back here when she just took off into the air, like something was controlling her.

McGONAGALL
The package contained a necklace, a cursed necklace – the sort of dark magic that necessitates secrecy sensors here in the first place. I don’t suppose you three know who gave her this item?

They remain silent until HARRY steps up and says:

HARRY
I think it was Draco Malfoy.
(deep breath)
I think he’s replaced his father as a Death Eater.

HERMIONE
Harry, not this again.

McGONAGALL
That…is a very serious accusation, Potter; I hope you have reason for it.

HARRY
I heard him, at King’s Cross, talking about going to Borgin & Burke’s, having Borgin keep something there for him, something he couldn’t be seen carrying out. I reckon it could’ve been the necklace. I also overheard him talking about maybe not coming back to Hogwarts next year, about Voldemort giving him a job, something he didn’t need to be qualified for.

HERMIONE
But he was saying all that to Crabbe and Goyle, don’t you think he could have just been boasting?

RON
She does have a point, Harry.

HARRY
I don’t think so! And you wouldn’t either if you’d heard him too.

McGONAGALL
But you did not see him carrying a similar package? You did not see him when the attack happened?

HARRY
No.

McGONAGALL
Well, I cannot very well accuse Mr. Malfoy simply because he may have been to the shop where the necklace may have been purchased.

HARRY
He’s a Death Eater now, I’m sure of it –

McGONAGALL
That is enough, Potter. You three can return to your common room.

HARRY looks at her in frustration.

Last edited by IenjoyAcidPops; July 17th, 2009 at 9:59 pm.
Sponsored Links