View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2009, 7:43 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

HBP scenes 13-15: MAKING PLANS/THE BIG GAME/AFTER THE MATCH:    

CUT TO
INT. HOGWARTS – STUDY HALL
HARRY, RON, and HERMIONE sit at a table together, each with books open, quills and ink out, and parchment scattered around, looking like they’ve been working for a while.

RON
I thought we were going to have more time off this year, what with these free periods.

HERMIONE
Surely you didn’t think it was going to be that easy.

HARRY puts his quill down and sits back in his chair with a sigh.

HARRY
I wish I knew how Malfoy got that necklace to Katie, and what he’s up to now.

HERMIONE
Harry, drop it. Malfoy couldn’t have gotten something like that necklace into the school, Filch would have spotted it instantly; they’re searching all of us, remember?

HARRY
Yes, and he wouldn’t have brought it into the school, he had Borgin hold it, remember? It must have been delivered to someone else to give to Katie, probably Crabbe or Goyle.

HERMIONE
And why would he want to attack Katie then, anyway?

HARRY
Maybe he wasn’t trying to.

RON
Who do you think he was after then, you?

HARRY
In that case, Katie could have just walked it over to me, we were right behind her. Beside, if Malfoy wanted me gone that badly, he’d do it himself.

HERMIONE
(sigh)
Well, one thing is for sure: what happened to Katie is putting a real scare into people. I know Padma and Parvati’s parents are thinking of taking them back home, Eloise Midgen’s came back for her last night…

RON
Why, though? It didn’t happen at Hogwarts, and with Dumbledore around anyway –

HERMIONE
Well, it’s not like it was far from the castle, and beside, it doesn’t matter where, but that it happened at all, and that they still have no idea who did it or why.

HARRY
Sure they don’t.
(pause)
Well, speaking of Dumbledore, I’m not sure how much he is around anyway; I haven’t seen him in The Great Hall for days. If these lessons are so important, why has it been so long in between, what’s the next one?

RON hits HARRY on the shoulder to indicate ROMILDA VANE staring and smiling at him from the table across from them. HARRY returns her wave uncomfortably.

HARRY
Alright, what’s that about?

HERMIONE
She's only interested in you because she thinks you're The Chosen One.

HARRY
To be fair, I am The Chosen One.

HERMIONE shoots him her most disapproving look.

HARRY
Kidding.

CUT TO
EXT. HOGWARTS – GREENHOUSES - MORNING
HARRY, RON, and HERMIONE walk out of the HERBOLOGY greenhouse back toward the castle.

HERMIONE
Harry, Professor Slughorn told me to tell you that he’s having a Christmas party in a couple of weeks – and you can’t wriggle out this time because he specifically wants to have it on a night when you’re free.

HARRY
Oh, great.

HERMIONE
They’re not as bad as all that; they can be fun, actually.

RON
I suppose this is another party only his favorites are invited to?

HERMIONE
It’s just the “Slug Club,” yes.

RON
(with a roll of his eyes)
Slug Club.

HERMIONE
We’re allowed to bring guests.

RON
Well, maybe you should hook up with McLaggen then, you two can be King and Queen Slug.

HERMIONE
Actually, I was going to ask you, but…if you’d rather I “hook up” with McLaggen, then –

RON
No, I wouldn’t, I…I’d love to go.

HERMIONE
Okay then.

HARRY
(beat)
This isn’t awkward at all.

CUT TO
INT. HOGWARTS – GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM
HARRY and RON walk into the seemingly empty GRYFFINDOR common room.

RON
I played like a sack of dragon dung out there, I can’t believe it.

HARRY
You’re exaggerating, Ron, it’s just nerves –

They spot GINNY and DEAN across from them, about to kiss.

RON
Oi! What’s all this? I don’t want to find my sister snogging in public!

GINNY
We weren't yet, but this room was empty before you came butting in!

RON
Hey, do you think I would want people saying my sister’s a –

GINNY
A what?! You’re just upset because you don’t have any experience; Harry’s snogged Cho Chang, Hermione snogged Viktor Krum at the Yule Ball, it’s only you who acts like it’s something disgusting. Come on, Dean.

RON
I’m going to bed.

He walks upstairs resentfully, leaving HARRY a bit dazed.

CUT TO
GINNY and HARRY are locked together, kissing in such a way that one might think they were simply glued together.

SMASH CUT TO
INT. HOGWARTS – BOYS’ DORMITORY
HARRY wakes up suddenly; it was a dream – and what a dream.

HARRY
Well…that’s new.

He drops his head back down on his pillow, eyes wide open.

CUT TO
INT. HOGWARTS – THE GREAT HALL - MORNING
RON sits with his head slumped in his hands, and, rather strangely, a full plate before him.

HARRY
Come on, mate, have some toast, pumpkin juice, something.

HERMIONE
You will need your strength, Ron.

RON gives her a short bitter look.

HARRY
Here.

He grabs a goblet, pours some pumpkin juice into it, takes out the small vial of distinctively gold FELIX FELICIS, and seems to pour a tiny bit into it; HERMIONE notices this.

HERMIONE
What was that?

HARRY
What?

HERMIONE
You just poured something into Ron’s pumpkin juice, it looked like the Felix Felicis.

HARRY
I don’t know what you’re talking about.

HERMIONE stares at him suspiciously.

CUT TO
EXT. HOGWARTS – QUIDDITCH PITCH
In a sweeping OVERHEAD SHOT we see most if not all of the various GRYFFINDOR and SLYTHERIN quidditch team members taking their playing positions. A memorably airy voice, magnified by the magical megaphone, announces:

LUNA (V.O.)
Welcome to the first quidditch match of the season, Gryffindor vs. Slytherin.

HARRY turns around on his broom looking surprised.

HARRY
Luna?! You’ve got to be kidding me.

HARRY looks to his opposing SLYTHERIN seeker and takes off in search of the snitch. CUT TO LUNA commentating below, wearing a rather garish, roaring GRYFFINDOR lion hat.

LUNA
That’s Harry Potter and the Slytherin seeker searching for the golden snitch. I don’t remember the Slytherin seeker’s name just now. I think it's something like Bibble...Buggins...

PROFESSOR McGONAGALL stands next to LUNA in the stands looking somewhat disapproving. One of the SLYTHERIN beaters sends a bludger straight for one of the new GRYFFINDOR players, who avoids it with perfect precision.

HARRY
Good work, Sloper!

LUNA
I think Harry was a good choice for Captain; he hasn’t let being The Chosen One go to his head.

The SLYTHERIN seeker rams into HARRY’s side, sending him spinning to the left right into a goal hoop.

LUNA
That didn't seem very nice at all.

HARRY returns the move more forcefully, and the SLYTERIN seeker loses control of his broom, tumbling down to the ground. DEAN, playing as GRYFFINDOR chaser, tosses a quaffle behind him to a SLYTHERIN goal hoop, but their keeper is too quick and blocks it. PAN LEFT to GINNY, who heads for another SLYTHERIN goal post with quaffle inhand; a SLYTHERIN chaser behind her actually holds her broom back in an attempt to stop her, but she escapes his grip and makes a perfect goal.

McGONAGALL
Oh, now that was completely agains the rules!

LUNA
Yes, that was unfair; I would say he's suffering from Losers' Lurgy.

HARRY
Nice one, Ginny!

GINNY flies off in a new direction; HARRY stares at her just a little too long and the snitch flies right by, so he heads off after it.

LUNA
That’s Ginny Weasley playing chaser for Gryffindor. I like Ginny, she’s very nice; she always gets upset whenever someone calls me “Loony.”

A SLYTHERIN beater sends a bludger right on target to one of GRYFFINDOR’s, taking them down cartoonishly.

HARRY
Damn!

LUNA
I don’t really like bludgers, just on principle.

RON guards his goal hoop with great determination; he blocks a SLYTHERIN quaffle with the utmost confidence, and seconds later, does it again for the hoop to his right. LAVENDER cheers enthusiastically from the stands.

LAVENDER
Wooooo! Go on, Ron!

LUNA
That’s Ron Weasley playing keeper. I like Ron, although he does say some unkind things sometimes.

HARRY comes in close to the snitch, the SLYTHERIN seeker now just behind him again. CLOSE-UP on the snitch as HARRY’s hand just barely grabs onto it and the music swells triumphantly.

CUT TO
EXT. HOGWARTS – QUIDDITCH PITCH

RON
And can you believe they gave Luna the commentary?!

HARRY
I know! And what was that lion hat?!

RON
(laughing)
Entertaining, though.

HARRY and RON walk toward the changing rooms as the crowd dies down. LAVENDER walks past HERMIONE and HARRY to RON.

LAVENDER
I knew you’d do beautifully, Ron. You didn’t disappoint.

RON
Well, thanks, Lavender.

She walks inside, past a positively glowering HERMIONE.

HERMIONE
Harry, what did you do?

HARRY
What do you mean?

HERMIONE
You did put Felix Felicis in Ron’s drink, didn’t you?

HARRY
Why would you even ask me that?

HERMIONE
Then it’s just coincidence that Ron played perfectly, that the weather was the best it’s been all term, that Malfoy wasn’t here to play seeker?

HARRY
Malfoy wasn’t here, was he? I thought that was really weird. He’d never miss an opportunity to beat Gryffindor – especially with me as Captain.

HERMIONE
Don’t change the subject.

HARRY
Listen, I didn’t put any Felix in Ron’s drink.

HERMIONE
I saw you!

HARRY
You saw me tilt the bottle in, I didn’t give him any. I just wanted him to think I did so that he would…feel lucky.

RON
You did? So I didn’t drink any Felix, not a drop?

HARRY
No.

RON
Whoa – must have worked then.
(He grins, then turns to HERMIONE.)
Bet you can’t wrap your mind around it, though. Thought the only way I could ever play well was with lucky potion, did you?

HERMIONE
That’s not what I meant, Ron – you thought he’d given you some too!

RON
I know what you meant.

He slumps off to the changing rooms.

HERMIONE
What’s with him today?!

HARRY
It’s…complicated.

CUT TO
HARRY walks into a crowded GRYFFINDOR common room to a series of backpats, handshakes, and the like.

DEAN
Hey, good match, Harry.

HARRY
Yeah, it was.

DEAN
Thanks for letting me play in Katie’s place while she’s away.

HARRY
Sure.

ROMILDA (O.S.)
Harry!

ROMILDA VANE walks up to HARRY holding a cauldron-shaped box of something.

ROMILDA
I wanted you to have these – chocolate cauldrons. They’re my favorite, I hope you like them too.

HARRY
Oh, thanks.

ROMILDA
So I hear Professor Slughorn is having a Christmas party soon. I was wondering, if you didn’t have a date yet -

HARRY
Really? I hadn’t heard about that. I have to go over there now, Romilda, see you.

HARRY walks off and calls for RON. GINNY walks up behind him, causing HARRY to turn around suddenly.

HARRY
Ginny!

GINNY
Did I scare you?

HARRY
No, of course not. You were great out there, by the way.

GINNY
Thanks. If you’re looking for Ron, he’s a bit preoccupied.

She gestures across from them, where RON and LAVENDER are wrapped around each other so tightly it’s hard to tell whose hands are whose.

GINNY
It looks like he’s eating her face, doesn’t it?

HARRY
Where’s Hermione?

GINNY
I saw her leave a couple minutes ago.

HARRY
Thanks.

He darts out of the common room, and right outside there’s HERMIONE, on her way…somewhere else, surrounded by a circle of canaries.

HARRY
Hermione! Wait up!

HERMIONE
(turning around)
Yes?

HARRY
Where are you going?

HERMIONE
I hadn’t thought that far ahead.
(pause)
Ron seems to be enjoying himself, doesn’t he?

HARRY
Listen –

Just then, RON and LAVENDER walk out of the common room together, as if joined at the hip, giggling like children. LAVENDER sees HARRY and HERMIONE, mutters “oops,” and turns back in. RON simply stands there and says “hi” dumbly.

HERMIONE
Don’t worry, I’m leaving. Go on, Ron, you don’t want to keep Lavender waiting.

HERMIONE starts to walk off.

RON
That went better than I thought.

Without warning, HERMIONE turns around, shouts “oppugno,” sending the canaries straight for RON’s head. She then leaves in satisfaction.

RON
Ow! Ow, get ‘em off me! Get – ‘em – off – me!

HARRY
(taking out his wand)
Alright, hold still.

Last edited by IenjoyAcidPops; July 17th, 2009 at 10:54 pm.
Sponsored Links