View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2009, 3:05 am
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Terror in Hogsmeade:    

EXT. HOGSMEADE-DAY

The scene cuts to a shot of HOGSMEADE in the distance. We see the various shops and many students happily going in and out of them. There are a few shops that are boarded up however that Harry, Ron, and Hermione notice as they walk slowly down the streets of the town as a few students get into a snowball fight next to them. They notice Tonks looking around and approach her.

TONKS
Wotcher Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

HARRY
Hey Tonks…you alright?

TONKS
I’m okay. Glad to see you three though. Well I have to be off…lots to do. Take care.

She gives a weak smile and walks away.

RON
She looks terrible….

HERMIONE
Ron!

RON
No I mean…look at her clothes and hair...she looks kinda depressed. I saw her once crying to mum…

HERMIONE
Well lets go inside I’m freezing.

INT-HONEYDUKES-MOMENTS LATER

As they walk into Honeydukes they slowly take of their gloves as the hot warm temperature in the room hits them. Harry notices Ginny and Dean sitting having a cup of Butterbear but before he can say something a loud voice yells out to him.

SLUGHORN
Harry m’boy!

HARRY
On no…..

SLUGHORN
Harry, that’s three of my little suppers you’ve missed now! It won’t do, m’boy, I’m determined to have you! Miss Granger loves them, don’t you?

HERMIONE
Yes, they’re really…

SLUGHORN
So why don’t you come along, Harry?

HARRY
Oh...well…you see I have Quidditch practice.

SLUGHORN
Well I certainly expect you to win your first match. Well, how about Monday night?

HARRY
Can’t, I have a meeting with Dumbledore

SLUGHORN
Unlucky again! You can’t evade me forever, Harry! Well see you two later!

He gives a nice wave and walks away clutching his pineapple.

RON
You two? You two! Am I wearing an invisibility cloak or something?

HARRY
Yeah well atleast you don’t have him pestering you about going to some stupid dinners all the time...

We see a shot of Slughorn now talking to McLaggen and the scene slowly fades to…

EXT- OUTSIDE OF HOGSMEADE

Harry, Ron, and Hermione back on their way to school. There are about 4 different groups of students walking. Harry notices Katie walking very slowly and her friend LEANNE is says something to her. Katie looks over at Leanne and frowns.

KATIE
It’s nothing to do with you, Leanne!

Katie clutches the package she is holding tighter to her chest.

LEANNE
Katie stop being a difficult and let me see what it is!

Leanne reaches for the package and it rips as Katie pulls back on it. All at once Katie rises in the air with her arms outstretched with her hair whipping around her by a feirce wind. Her eyes are closed for a moment and then she lets out a terrible scream. Her eyes open and Leanne begins to scream. She runs to Katie and tries to pull her down by her ankles. Harry, Ron, and Hermione run up to help and when they grab her she falls and Harry and Ron catches her. She’s shaking tremendously. They lower her to the ground and she’s thrashing and screaming.

The scene cuts to Hagrid picking Katie up as Ron and Harry watch on and Hermione holds onto Leanne who is still shaking and crying.

HAGRID
It’s ok, I’ll be taking her to the hospital wing.

He walks away as she continues to scream. Ron walks bends down and we see a shot of a ornate opal necklace that’s sticking out of the paper. He reaches down to grab it but Harry grabs his arm.

HARRY
Don’t touch it! I’ve seen this before…remember we saw this on display in Borgin and Burks when we bumped into that shelf. The label said it was cursed… Katie must have touched it.

Harry turns and slowly walks towards Leanne.

HARRY
How did Katie get hold of this?

LEANNE
Well that’s why we were arguing. She came back from the bathroom in the Three Broomsticks holding it, said it was a surprise for somebody at Hogwarts and she had to deliver it. She looked all funny when she….oh no…I bet she’d been Imperiused and I didn’t realize!

HERMIONE
We’d better get up to school.

HARRY
She didn’t say who’d given it to her, Leanne?

LEANNE
No…she wouldn’t tell me.

INT-HOGWARTS-MCGONAGALLS OFFICE-NIGHT

The scene cuts to the Harry, Ron, and Hermione standing in front Professor McGonagalls desk in her office.

MCGONAGALL
So what happened when Katie touched the necklace?

HARRY
She rose up in the air and then began to scream, and collapsed. Professor, can I see Professor Dumbledore, please?

McGONAGALL
The headmaster is away until Monday, Potter.

HARRY
Away?

McGONAGALL
Yes, Potter, away. But anything you have to say about this horrible business can be said to me, I’m sure!

Harry glances over at Ron and Hermione and takes a deep breathe before he speaks.

HARRY
I think Draco Malfoy gave Katie that necklace, Professor.

McGONAGALL
That is a very serious accusation, Potter. Do you have any proof?

HARRY
Well…no…but you must trust me.

McGONAGALL
Potter, you cannot point the finger of blame at Mr. Malfoy, he was not in Hogsmeade today. He was doing detention with me. And it might interest you to know Potter that Mr. Filch has set up Secrecy Sensors all over the school grounds. Any Dark object will be found; even the owls have extra security! Now if that is all, good day to you all!

INT-MOVING STAIRCASE-NIGHT

The scene cuts to them walking up the stairs towards their common room

RON
Who do you think Katie was supposed to give the necklace to?

HERMIONE
Whoever it was has had a narrow escape don’t you think? No one could have opened that package without touching the necklace.

HARRY
It could’ve been meant for loads of people. Dumbledore, Slughorn…I wonder why Malfoy told her to take it into the castle.

HERMIONE
Harry, Malfoy wasn’t in Hogsmeade!

HARRY
He must have used an accomplice then.

RON
(Irritably)
Oh drop it, Harry!

HARRY
Don’t take that tone with me! It’s not my fault Slughorn invited Hermione and me to his stupid party, neither of us wanted to go, you know?

RON
Well, as I’m not invited to any parties, I think I’ll go to bed.

Ron walks ahead of them angrily and Harry sighs.

HERMIONE
Harry you should apologize. I know you’re convinced that Malfoys somehow at fault but he wasn’t there….

HARRY
He is involved Hermione, I know it!

HERMIONE
Harry…just get some rest alright?

Harry nods and Hermione looks at him with worry in her eyes. The scene then cuts to a shot of Hogwarts with the full moon hanging over it.

INT. HOGWARTS-THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT

The scene then cuts to Ginny standing in front of the mirror in the ROOM OF REQUIREMENT. Harry slowly walks up behind her as she turns around and smiles at him.

GINNY
You’re a good teacher Harry.

HARRY
Ginny?

She looks up and above them a mistletoe is forming.

GINNY
Mistletoe.

Harry has a look of pure confusion on his face. Why does this seem so familiar?

HARRY
Probably full of nargles….

GINNY
What are nargles?

HARRY
No idea….

He slowly goes in to kiss Ginny getting closer and closer….

DUMBLEDORE
(Offscreen)
Harry?

THe False Memory:    

INT. DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Harry sitting in Dumbledore’s Office and we now see that he was daydreaming. Dumbledore walks from the room behind his desk slowly.

HARRY
Professor! I’m sorry I came for the lesson and didn’t see you so I decided to wait.

DUMBLEDORE
Did I interrupt a daydream? I’m terribly sorry….

HARRY
No…no…I’m fine….

Dumbledore looks curiously at Harry

DUMBLEDORE
Who is she?

HARRY
Sir?

DUMBLEDORE
(Chuckles)
I may be old but I know the look of a man in love…who is she?

HARRY
Ginny Weasley sir….

DUMBLEDORE
Ah…your best friends sister.

HARRY
Yeah…I guess that is sort of the dilemma. I don’t want Ron to hate me….

DUMBLEDORE
You think he would?

HARRY
Yeah…I mean…I don’t know why I feel this way about her….

DUMBLEDORE
Ah Harry love is cruel. You can’t help who you’re chosen to love sometimes…

Dumbledore slowly picks up his wand and stares at it. A memory seems to cross his mind as he stares distantly at it.

DUMBLEDOER
Love…such a beautiful thing…but sometimes oh so cruel….

HARRY
Sir?

Dumbledore snaps out of his slight trance and looks down at Harry.

DUMBLEDORE
I don’t think you give Mr. Weasley enough credit…I’m sure as long as you’re happy…

HARRY
Yeah well Ron can be a bit harsh when he needs to be. I’m not too worried about it though sir, you see she already has a boyfriend….

DUMBLEDORE
The plot thickens…..

Harry notices that Dumbledore’s hand looks even worse than before. It seems to be spreading as now his most of his fingers are black and withered aswell.

HARRY
Sir where have you been?

DUMBLEDORE
On a little adventure…there’s a lot to do Harry and sadly not enough time to do it.…

He does a slight glance at his hand as he says this and then he proceeds to walk down towards Harry.

DUMBLEDORE
Speaking of time I think it’s about time we get to the source of today’s lesson. Now this next memory you’re about to see Harry is very important…pay close attention.

Harry nods and walks up to the Pensieve. He takes a deep breath and sticks his head down as the room dissolves and we are now standing in Slughorns Office.

INT-SLUGHORNS OFFICE-NIGHT-PAST

Standing there is a much younger Slughorn holding on to a pineapple with a big grin in his face. Standing across from his is a Teenaged TOM RIDDLE in the room with a young Bellatrix, AVERY, ALECTO, and AMYCUS.

SLUGHORN
Thank you for the pineapple Tom, you’re quite right, it is my favorite!

Slughorn looks down at the small golden clock on his desk.

SLUGHORN
Good gracious, is it that time already? You all better get going, or we’ll all be in trouble. Lestrange, I want your essay by tomorrow or it’s detention! Same goes for you, Avery.

They rest of them gather their things and begin to leave. Bellatrix throws a smile at Tom before exiting as Slughorn sorts through paper on his desk. He looks up and notices Tom standing there.

SLUGHORN
Look sharp Tom. You don’t want to be caught out of bed out of hours….

Tom looks down and twists the RING with a BLACK STONE around his finger and looks up at Slughorn.

TOM
Sir, I wanted to ask you something.

SLUGHORN
Ask away, then, m’boy, ask away…

TOM
Sir, I wondered what you know about….about Horcruxes?

The room all of a sudden feels with a dense fog until nothing can be seen except Harry and we hear a loud booming voice shout out:

SLUGHORN
(Offscreen)
I don’t know anything about Horcruxes and I wouldn’t tell you if I did! Now get out of here at once and don’t let me catch you mentioning them again.

The room then slowly dissolves and we are back in Dumbledore’s Office

INT. DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-MOMENTS LATER

DUMBLEDORE
So what did you think?

HARRY
That seemed really odd sir….was that memory…?

DUMBLEDORE
Tampered with? Indeed Harry.

HARRY
But why would Slughorn….

DUMBLEDORE
I think he is ashamed of what he remembers Harry. So I think it’s time for me to give you your first homework assignment. It will be your job to persuade Professor Slughorn to divulge the real memory, which will undoubtedly be our most crucial piece of information of all. How important, we will only know when we have seen the real thing. So good luck….and good night….

HERMIONE
(Offscreen)
Horcruxes…

Teenage Love and Heartbreak:    

INT. HOGWARTS-CORRIDOR-NEXT DAY

HERMIONE
I’ve never even heard of them…they must be really advanced Dark Magic, or why would Voldemort have wanted to know about them? It’s going to be difficult to get the information from him Harry, you should think out a strategy.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione are walking down the hallways after a class. Harry notices Draco who looks a little pale down the hall. He looks back and then turns out of the main hall.

HARRY
Draco hasn’t been himself lately…

RON
Seems like the same git to me and speaking of gits….

McLaggen walks towards them but doesn’t look at Ron or Harry just Hermione.

CORMAC
So did you enjoy ole Sluggy’s last party?

HERMIONE
Um…yeah it was ok….

CORMAC
Potter and Weasley here must know that he only invites the best…even though some let extremely lucky people get on their teams….

HARRY
You got something to say?

CORMAC
I think I’ve said all I needed too. See ya around Hermione….

He smiles and walks away with a look of satisfaction on his face.

RON
Who does he think he is? Just because you’re invited to some…stupid party..doesn’t make you better than everyone else….

HERMIONE
Just ignore him Ron…

RON
You’re one to talk! Seems like you two really hit it off to me. How was Slughorn’s latest party?

HERMIONE
It was quite fun actually. I mean he drones on about famouse ex pupils a bit, and he absolutely fawns over McLaggen because he’s so well connected, but it was really nice.

RON
Oh yeah such a great thing to spend an evening with McLaggen huh Hermione.

Hermione shoots a look at Ron and rolls her eyes.

HERMIONE
Anyways, he’s going to have a Christmas party and Harry there’s no way to wiggle out of this one because he actually asked me to check your free evenings, so he could be sure to have it on a night you could come.

HARRY
Excellent, thanks Hermione

RON
And this is another party just for Slughorns favorites, isn’t it?

HERMIONE
The Slug Club, yes.

RON
Slug Club! That’s pathetic. Well I hope you enjoy the party Hermione, why don’t you try hooking up with McLaggen, you guys could be King and Queen Slug.

HERMIONE
Well we are allowed to bring guests and I was going to ask you to come, but if you think its stupid then I won’t bother.

Ron looks a bit shocked and a slight blush comes over his face.

RON
You…. were going to ask me?

HERMIONE
Yes, but obviously if you’d rather I hooked up with McLaggen

RON
No...what I meant was…

HERMIONE
Well I’m off to the library to see if I can find anything on Horcruxes. Maybe going to the Christmas party will butter Slughorn up a bit Harry.

HARRY
Maybe….

She walks away and Ron and Harry keep walking and turn down another hall that is basically empty

RON
Was she serious? Do you think she was serious? Or was she just…you know…

HARRY
Oh Ron, you act like you actually want to go to Slughorns party.

RON
Oh…me...no…I mean…unless she asked me of course. But then I’ll be going just to be a good friend, not that I’ll enjoy it or anything.

HARRY
(Laughing)
You’re pathetic

They turn another corner and see Ginny and Dean kissing.

RON
What the…

Dean and Ginny both stop kissing and look up. Dean looks embarrassed but Ginny seems a little annoyed.

GINNY
What?

RON
I don’t want to find my own sister snogging people in public.

GINNY
It was an empty corridor until you showed up!

DEAN
C’mon Ginny lets go…

GINNY
Stop telling me what to do Dean! You go, I want a word with my dear brother!

Dean gives a weak smile at Harry and Ron and leaves. Ginny walks up to Ron furious.

GINNY
Lets get this straight once and for all. It is none of your business who I go out with or what I do with them, Ron…

RON
Yeah, it is! D’you think I want people saying my sister’s a…

GINNY
A what exactly?

HARRY
He doesn’t mean anything, Ginny…

GINNY
Oh yes he does! Just because he’s never snogged anyone in his life, just because the best kiss he’s ever had is from our Auntie Muriel…

RON
Shut your mouth!

GINNY
No, I will not! If you went out and got a bit of snogging done yourself, you wouldn’t mind so much that everyone else does it!

Ron pulls his wand out and Harry quickly jumps between the two of them.

RON
You don’t know what you’re talking about! Just because I don’t do it in public!!

GINNY
Oh come off it Ron! Or have you got a picture of Auntie Muriel stashed under your pillow?

A streak of orange light flies from his wand and BANG! It hits the wall beside Ginny’s head. Harry quickly takes Ron by his robes and pins him up against the wall.

HARRY
Don’t be stupid…

GINNY
Harry’s snogged Cho Chang and Hermione snogged Victor Krum, it’s only you who acts like it’s something disgusting, Ron, and that’s because you’ve got as much experience of a six year old!

She turns around and storms off. Harry lets go of Ron who straightens him robes and puts his wand away.

RON
Who does she think she is?

HARRY
Ron calm down….

They begin to continue walking down the corridor and enter into the courtyard.

RON
I’ll have to teach her a few manners…..

Ron pauses as he notices Hermione talking to McLaggen in the distance.

RON
I thought she was supposed to be in the library?

A look of anger and pain crosses over Ron’s face. He turns around and storms off. Harry looks back at Hermione who pulls out her wand and blasts McLaggen across the courtyard. She notices him and runs over.

HARRY
You ok?

HERMIONE
Yeah…I was on the way to the library and McLaggen cornered me again. Where’s Ron?

INT-GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM-NIGHT (SAME DAY)

The scene cuts to Harry walking into the common room which is a bit crowded. He notices Ginny and approaches her.

HARRY
Hey Ginny. Have you seen?

GINNY
Looking for Ron? He’s over there, the filthy hypocrite.

Harry looks at notice that Ron and Lavender Brown are sitting in a chair kissing heavily

GINNY
It looks like he’s eating her face, but I suppose he’s got to refine his technique somehow huh?

Harry looks at Ron in amazement and Ginny walks off to join Dean. At this moment Hermione walks into the room and pauses as she notices Ron and Lavender kissing. She pauses for a second before she turns and walks out. Harry runs after her.

INT-CLASSROOM-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

Harry walks into the classroom where Hermione is sitting alone. She has a small ring of yellow birds circling her head.

HARRY
Hermione?

HERMIONE
Oh, hello Harry. I was just practicing.

HARRY
They’re really good.

HERMIONE
Ron seems to be enjoying himself….

HARRY
Does he?

HERMIONE
Don’t pretend you didn’t see him. He wasn’t exactly hiding it was he?

HARRY
Hermione….

Before he could finish his statement the door opens and Ron and Lavender run in holding hands and laughing.

RON
Oh….

LAVENDER
Oops

She laughs, kisses Ron, and backs out of the room slowly closing the door behind her. There is an awkward silence. Hermione is staring at Ron who is just looking at Harry.

RON
Hi, Harry! Wondered where you’d got to!

HERMIONE
Well Ron? Is there something you have to tell me?

RON
I don’t have to explain anything to you. Why don’t you run off with your dear sweet McLaggen.

HARRY
Ron….

Hermione stands up suddenly looking the angriest she’s looked in a long time. The birds start to circle around her head faster now.

HERMIONE
You shouldn’t leave Lavender waiting outside.

RON
Yeah…well…I won’t….

HERMIONE
Good…..Oppugno!!!

She points her wand at Ron and the birds all sped towards Ron and start pecking and clawing at him. He starts to scream and try and get them out of his face. He runs out of the room and past Lavender who shoots Hermione an angry look before running after them. Hermione smiles a little and walks away from Harry who has a look of shock on his face. The scene cuts to

INT-THE GREAT HALL-DAY

Ron and Harry sitting in the Great Hall. Harry is reading his Potions book. While Ron is talking its clear that Harry is ignoring him.

RON
I never promised Hermione anything. I mean, alright, I was going to go to Slughorns Christmas party with her, but just as friends…until she decides to run off after McLaggen.

HARRY
Ron I told you he cornered her…

RON
Hey who’s side are you on?

INT-GREAT HALL-LATER THAT DAY

Harry sighs and continues to read the book as the camera pans over and now it’s just Harry and Hermione sitting in the Great Hall.

HERMIONE
He’s at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes! I really couldn’t care less.

She starts to write something furiously on the parchment in front of her.

INT. POTIONS CLASS (DAY)/GREAT HALL(AFTERNOON)/CORRIDOR(NIGHT)

The scene cuts to them in Potions class and as Slughorn paces the room Ron raises his hand mocking Hermione while Lavender laughs on. Hermione gets up and walks out of the room furiously. The scene then cuts to Ron and Lavender walking down the hall holding hands and we see Hermione standing the corner watching. She points her wand and dozens of SPIDERS appear on Ron who starts to Panic and run around helplessly. Hermione smiles and walks off and the scene slowly fades to

Harry walking down the hallway himself reading his potions book. BAM he walks into Ginny who just came from around the corner.

HARRY
Ginny…sorry…I was reading….

GINNY
That book has to have dark magic to it if you’re actually reading it.

HARRY
It’s just interesting…some of the things the Prince has to say.

GINNY
Well I’m on my way to the Common Room do you mind the company.

HARRY
No not at all!

GINNY
So Ron and Hermione….

HARRY
Not talking and it’s driving me mad. They keep trying to get revenge on each other so I’m staying out of it.

GINNY
Well Harry, you need to be careful. There are a lot of girls out to get you.

HARRY
Oh Ginny what would Dean say?

GINNY
(Laughs)
I’m talking about Romilda Vane. I was in the girl’s bathroom just before I came here and I overheard her talking to her friends. They’re hoping you’re going to take them to Slughorn’s party, and they all seem to have bought Fred and George’s love potions. I’d just invite someone to go with if I were you.

HARRY
There isn’t anyone I want to invite except…..

He looks over at Ginny but clears his throat and looks straight ahead again.

GINNY
Well just be careful what you drink.

INT-MOVING STAIRWAY-SECONDS LATER

They walk up the staircases and Harry see’s Hermione running towards him holding a piece of parchment.

HERMIONE
Hi Ginny, Harry…listen I’ve found something that might be of some interest.

GINNY
You two talk…I’ll see you around…

She waves and walks ahead and Harry sighs and follows Hermione into a hallway.

HARRY
What is it did you find something on Horcruxes?

HERMIONE
That’s exactly it; I can’t find anything on it. I’ve been right through the restricted section and even the most horrible books have nothing. All I could find was this. It was in the introduction to Magik Moste Evile. Of the Horcrux, wickedest of magical inventions, we shall not speak nor give direction…

HARRY
Well why put in there at all?

HERMIONE
Well Slughorn’s party is coming up so I’m sure you can get a word in there.

They begin to walk again towards the common room.

HARRY
Hang on, Ginny just told me girls have snuck love potions into the school. I thought Filch banned anything bought at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes? How come these girls are able to bring love potions into school?

HERMIONE
Fred and George send them disguised as perfumes and cough potions.

HARRY
So if these girls are getting stuff into the school disguised as something else, why wouldn’t Malfoy have…?

HERMIONE
Oh Harry please, not that again. Secrecy Sensors detect jinxes, curses, and concealment charms. They’re used to find Dark Magic and Dark objects. Love potions aren’t Dark or dangerous…

HARRY
Easy for you to say…

INT. GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

They walk into the common room and immediately Romilda Vane runs towards Harry holdings a few items.

ROMILDA
Hi Harry! Fancy a gillywater?

HARRY
No thanks; I don’t like it much.

ROMILDA
Well, take these anyway

She thrusts a box into his hands of candy into his hands.

ROMILDA
Chocolate Cauldrons, they’ve got firewhisky in them. My gran sent them to me, but I don’t like them.

HARRY
Oh, thanks a lot.

Romilda smiles and walks back to her group of giggling friends

HERMIONE
Pathetic what some girls would do for a boy.

Slughorn's Christmas Party:    

Hermione walks off towards her dormitory leaving Harry standing there with a look of confusing on his face. He shrugs and walks off as the screen cuts to Harry and Ron walking through the snow filled Transfiguration Courtyard.

EXT. HOGWARTS-TRANSFIGURATION COURTYARD-MIDDAY

RON
All this N.E.W.T. work is driving me mad! Finally we get free time in our schedule and we have to use it for schoolwork….then there’s Quidditch…and Lavender….

They pause as they notice PROFESSOR TRELAWNEY walking slowly down the hall sorting through what looked like dirty playing cards muttering to herself as she walks.

TRELAWNEY
Two of spades: conflict. Seven of spades: an ill omen. Ten of spades: violence. Knave of spades: a dark young man, possibly troubled, one who dislikes the questioner….
(She pauses)
No…that can’t be right….

She reshuffles the cards as she continues to walk not noticing any of the students around her.

RON
Are you sure Dumbledore said she was the one?

HARRY
Yep….

RON
I’d rather deal with Trelawney than Lavender sometimes. She won’t let me breathe….she even calls me this stupid nickname….

LAVENDER
(Offscreen)
WON WON!!!

Lavender runs into the shot and plants a big hug on Ron who gives an irritated look at Harry.

LAVENDER
Oh my gosh I have SO much to tell you. You won’t believe what Pervati told me…oh hi Harry….but yeah Pervati heard something about Hannah Abbott that you won’t believe.…hey will you hold my books Won Won? Let’s go for a walk…I’ll tell you everything…..

She grabs his arm and pulls him away from Harry who laughs as Ron mouths ‘Help Me’ as Lavender continues to talk as they walk down the hall. There is a tap on Harry’s shoulder and he turns around and notices Luna standing there smiling at him.

LUNA
Hiya Harry!

HARRY
Luna…hey…how have you been?

LUNA
Oh it’s been all right. A bit lonely without the D.A. Ginny’s been nice, though and I just ran into Hermione, she seems a bit upset. She said something about that Ron Weasley….

HARRY
Yeah, they’ve had a row.

LUNA
He says very funny things sometimes, doesn’t he?

HARRY
I suppose. Hey…Luna…how would you like to come to Slughorn’s party with me?

LUNA
(shocked)
Slughorn’s party? With you?

HARRY
Yeah. We’re supposed to bring guests, so I thought you might like…I mean just as friends, you know? But if you don’t want to…

LUNA
Oh, no, I’d love to go with you as friends! Nobody’s ever asked me to a party before, as a friend!

HARRY
That settles it then. I’ll meet you in the entrance hall at eight o’ clock then.

LUNA
I’ll see you then Harry!

Luna smiles and skips off and …

INT-THE GREAT HALL-EVENING

The scene cuts to them in the Great Hall where there are Christmas decorations set up and a few elves singing Christmas songs.

RON
You’re taking Loony Lovegood!

GINNY
Don’t call her that Ron! I’m really glad you’re taking her Harry, she’s so excited.

She walks over and sits with Dean and we see a shot of Hermione sitting down by herself at the end of the table. Parvati walks up to them.

PARVATI
Hi, Harry.

HARRY
Hey, you’re staying at Hogwarts then? I heard your parents wanted you to leave.

PARVATI
I managed to talk them out of it for the time being.
(Hermione walks past them.)
Oh, hi Hermione!

HERMIONE
Hi, Parvati! Are you going to Slughorn’s party tonight?

PARVATI
No invite, you’re going aren’t you?

HERMIONE
Yes, I’m meeting Cormac McLaggen at eight.

Ron coughs as if he just chocked on what he was eating and Hermione gives a slight smile at this reaction.

PARVATI
Oh really? Are you going out with him, then?

HERMIONE
Oh…yes…didn’t you know?

PARVATI
No! Wow, you like your Quidditch players don’t you? First Krum, then McLaggen…

HERMIONE
I like really good Quidditch players.

Ron frowns and furiously starts to eat his food as Hermione gives a slight smile and walks away. Harry notices Draco sitting at the Slytheran table looking pale and picking at his food.

INT. HOGWARTS-7TH FLOOR CORRIDOR-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Draco walking slowly down a hallway and the camera pans over to show Harry slowly following behind him. Draco looks over his shoulder before turning the corner. Harry waits a second and then follows. He turns the corner and BAM he runs into Crabbe and Goyle.

CRABBE
Where do you think you’re going Potter!

Harry tries to walk past them but they block his path. He looks past them and notice that Draco has already gone.

GOYLE
Problem Potter?

He stares at them for a moment and walks away. Crabbe and Goyle laugh as Harry turns the corner and the scene cuts to a shot of a blank piece of parchment. A wand is placed in the middle of the parchment.

HARRY
(Offscreen)
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

The parchments the reads MAURAUDERS MAP and Harry quickly opens it and starts to look through the numerous names that are on the map.

RON
What’s going on?

HARRY
I’m looking for Malfoy. Somethings up…I was trailing him after he left the Great Hall earlier but ran into Crabbe and Goyle….

RON
So?

HARRY
Ron he’s up to something…..

RON
Not this again Harry…..

HARRY
Yes Ron…and I can’t seem to find him on here…I see Crabbe and Goyle…but where’s Draco….

RON
Who knows. He could’ve taken a secret passage to Hogsmeade for all we know…just give it a rest…besides shouldn’t you be getting ready for Slughorn’s party thingy….can’t keep your date Loony waiting.

HARRY
Right….well…I think I’ll take my Invisibility Cloak with me…

RON
But…

HARRY
Just in case you know….

Ron just looks at Harry with a puzzled look on his face and the scene slowly fades to a shot of the corridor leading to Slughorns Office. Harry and Luna both walk into frame walking very slowly towards the door. They pause at the entrance and Harry takes a deep breathe.

HARRY
Well…shall we go in?

Luna nods and Harry opens the door.

INT. SLUGHORNS PARTY-NIGHT

The scene cuts to the inside of the party as Harry and Luna slowly walk through the door. The camera pans around to show the room is full of people. Fairies are fluttering around the ceiling and HOUSE ELVES are walking around carrying the dinner treys. Slughorn notices Harry and he excuses him self from the group of people he was talking to and walks quickly towards Harry with a booming smile on his face.

SLUGHORN
Harry, mboy!

HARRY
Evening sir….

SLUGHORN
And you’ve brought a date! Well come in, come in!!

HARRY
Sir when you have a moment there’s something I have to ask you….

SLUGHORN
In time Harry…there are so many people I’d like you to meet first!

Slughorn grabs Harry’s arm and pulls him towards the group he was just chatting with. Luna follows behind.

SLUGHORN
Harry, I’d like you to meet Eldred Worple, an old student of mine, author of Blood Brothers: My Life Amongst the Vampires…and, of couse, his friend Sanguini.

Harry shakes Eldred hand and notices that Sanguini was a vampire who licks his lips as he looks over to a group of girls giggling on the other side of the party.

WORPLE
Harry Potter! A pleasure it is!

HARRY
Pleasure sir….

WORPLE
I was saying to Professor Slughorn the other day ‘Where is the biography of Harry Potter!’ I would be delighted to write it myself….

He looks over and notices Sanguini behind one of those girls sniffing the back of her neck.

WORPLE
Excuse me….

He runs over and pulls Sanguini away as he opens his mouth to take a bite of the girls neck and drags him back.

WORPLE
Sanguini behave youself!

SANGUINI
Just a little nibble…..

Harry and Luna cast a look at each other and slowly back away as Sanguini, Worple, and Slughorn all continue to chat. Harry notices Hermione standing in the back corner of the room with a look of fear in her eyes. Harry walks over to her.

HARRY
Hermione?

HERMIONE
Harry! Thank goodness, Hi Luna!

HARRY
What happened to you?

HERMIONE
Oh, I’ve just escaped…I mean, I’ve just left Cormac. Under the mistletoe…

HARRY
Serves you right for coming with him.

HERMIONE
I thought he’d annoy Ron most. He makes Grawp look like a gentleman. Let’s go this way; we’ll be able to see him coming

The three of them walk across the room towards Professor Trelawney who seems to be a bit tipsy.

LUNA
Hello Professor.

TRELAWNY
Good evening, my dear. I haven’t seen you in my classes lately…

Harry turns to Hermione as Trelawney talks to Luna

HARRY
Not enjoying the party?

HERMIONE
You think? I mean look Slughorn has elves serving the drinks and treats…I hope they’re getting paid for this.

HARRY
If you say so…..

HERMIONE
So have you got the chance to ask Slughorn about the Horcruxes yet?

HARRY
No he’s a bit busy. Hermione…..

Harry looks over and notices that Hermione has disappeared. He looks up and see’s Cormac walking towards him.

CORMAC
Potter!

HARRY
What do you want?

CORMAC
Hermione!
(Harry stares at him.)
I mean have you seen her?

HARRY
No, sorry.

Cormac gives Harry a slight frown and he turns around to Luna and Trelawney’s conversation.

TRELAWNY
Harry Potter! My dear boy! The rumors! The stories! The Chosen One! Of course, I have known for a very long time. Why have you not returned to Divination?

HARRY
Well…um…

Before he can answer Slughorn interrupts.

SLUGHORN
Harry m’boy are you avoiding me?

HARRY
No sir…

A small elf walks by carrying a tray with 4 classes.

TRELAWNEY
Do you mind if I take one?

She takes one glass and drinks it with one gulp. She then proceeds to quickly down the other 3 while Slughorn, Harry, and Luna look on. Once she finishes the elf just shakes it’s head and walks away.

SLUGHORN
So how are you Sybill?

TRELAWNY
Just fine thanks, just here wondering why Potter didn’t return to Divination, the subject is very important, especially for him.

SLUGHORN
We all think our subjects are important. But I don’t think I’ve ever known such a natural at Potions! Instinctive, you know….like his mother! I’ve only ever taught a few with this kind of ability, I can tell you that Sybill…why even Severus…

Slughorn looks around and notices Snape talking to a group of teachers, reaches out and grabs his arm.

SLUGHORN
Ahhh Severus! Come and join us!

Slughorn pulls Snape over to their circle. Snape gives Slughorn an irritated look as he readjusts his clothes.

SLUGHORN
Have I told you about Harry’s exceptional potion making? Some credit must go to you, of course, you taught him for five years!

SNAPE
Funny, I never had the impression that I managed to teach Potter anything at all.

SLUGHORN
Well, it’s natural ability. You should have seen what he gave me, first lesson, Draught of Living Death…not even you managed it on your first attempt Severus.

SNAPE
Really?

He casts a look at Harry who clears his throat and looks down.

SLUGHORN
What other subjects are you taking m’boy?

HARRY
Well…there’s Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Transfiguration…

SNAPE
All the subjects required, in short for an Auror.

HARRY
Yeah, well, that’s what I want to do.

LUNA
I don’t think you should be an Auror Harry. They are a part of the Rotfang Conspiracy. They’re working to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a combination of Dark Magic and gum disease.

They all stare at her and we see Filch walk up holding Malfoy by the ear.

FILCH
Professor Slughorn, I discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party and to have been delayed in setting out?

MALFOY
All right, I wasn’t invited! I was trying to gatecrash, happy?

FILCH
No, I’m not! You’re in trouble, you are!

SLUGHORN
That’s all right, Argus. It’s Christmas, and it’s not a crime to want to come to a party. We’ll forget any punishment and you may stay, Draco.

Filch gives an angry grunt and storms off.

DRACO
Thanks….

SLUGHORN
It’s nothing, nothing! I did know your grandfather, after all….

DRACO
He always spoke very highly of you, sir. Said you were the best potion-maker he’d ever known……

SNAPE
I’d like a word with you, Draco.

SLUGHORN
Oh, now, Severus it’s Christmas, don’t be too hard…

SNAPE
I’m his Head of House, and I shall decide how hard, or otherwise, to be. Follow me, Draco.

Snape turns and grabs Draco by the ear as he pulls him away from the crowd and out of the door.

HARRY
Hey...Luna…I’ll be back in a bit...

LUNA
All right.

TRELAWNY
So dear, tell me more about this Rotfang Conspiracy…

INT-HALLLWAY-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

Harry walks out of the room into the dark quite corridor. He pulls out his Invisibility Cloak and throws it over himself. He then walks slowly down the hall and turns to corner and see’s Snape and Draco standing there.

SNAPE
You cannot afford mistakes, Draco, because if you are expelled…

DRACO
I didn’t have anything to do with it, all right?

SNAPE
I hope you are telling the truth, because it was both clumsy and foolish. Already you are suspected of having a hand in it.

DRACO
Who suspects me? For the last time, I didn’t do it, okay?

SNAPE
Ah…Aunt Bellatrix has been teaching you Occlumency, I see. What thoughts are you trying to conceal from your master, Draco?

DRACO
I’m not trying to conceal anything; I just don’t want you butting in!

SNAPE
Listen to me; I am trying to help you. I made the Unbreakable Vow, Draco…

DRACO
Looks like you’ll have to break it then, because I don’t need your protection. I’ve got a plan and it’s going to work!

SNAPE
What is your plan?

DRACO
It’s none of your business!

SNAPE
Draco I can assist you…

DRACO
I’ve got all the assitance I need thanks, I’m not alone!

SNAPE
You were certainly alone tonight…

DRACO
I would’ve had Crabbe and Goyle if you hadn’t put them in detention!

SNAPE
If your friends intend to pass their Defense Against the Dark Arts O.W.L…

DRACO
What does it matter? It’s all a joke, an act. Like any of us need protecting against the Dark Arts…

SNAPE
It is an act that is crucial to success Draco! Confide in me and I can…

DRACO
I know what you’re up to! You want to steal my glory!

SNAPE
You are speaking like a child! I quite understand that your fathers capture and imprisonment has upset you, but…

Draco walks away immediately from Snape. Harry stands very still as he walks by. We see a shot of Snape watching Draco walk away and he returns back to the direction the party. We see a look of confused on Harry’s face and the scene fades…

Christmas at the Burrow:    

INT-THE BURROW-KITCHEN-MORNING

To a snowy shot of the Burrow, then the scene changes to Harry and Ron chopping things in the kitchen sink.

RON
So Snape was definitely offering to help him?

HARRY
He said he’s promised Malfoy’s mother to protect him, that he’d made an Unbreakable Oath or something…

RON
An Unbreakable Vow? Are you sure?

HARRY
Yes, what does it mean?

RON
Well you can’t break an Unbreakable Vow…

HARRY
I’d worked that much out for myself, funnily enough.

RON
If you break it you die. Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was five actually…

Fred and George enter the kitchen as he says this.

GEORGE
Well well well Ron

FRED
What is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called…unless our information is faulty…Lavender Brown?

RON
Mind your own business!

FRED AND GEORGE
Ooohhhhhhhhhhh

FRED
Seems we’ve struck a nerve.

GEORGE
What we want to know however little brother is how did it happen?

FRED
Did she have an accident or something?

RON
What?

GEORGE
Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage.

Ron throws the knife at George and he turns it into an paper airplane immediately. Mrs. Weasley walks in on this exact moment.

GEORGE
Careful, now!

MRS. WEASLEY
RON! Don’t you EVER let me see you throwing knives again!

GEORGE
It’s ok mum he’s just a little love struck

RON
Shut up!

FRED
Shame you two aren’t seventeen yet....

GEORGE
Yeah once you’re allowed to use magic there will be no need to use such objects as knives…..

RON
Why don’t you two help us out then!

FRED
Sorry we have plans…..

GEORGE
And if you want people to help you Ron I wouldn’t chuck knives at them…

Harry laughs as Fred and George exit and Ron turns angrily back to the sink to continue cutting.

RON
Gits…

INT. -DEN-MORNING (LATER THAT DAY)

The scene cuts to Harry walking down the stairway of the Burrow. He notices Ginny sitting in front of the fireplace alone and with a bit of hesitation walks over to her.

HARRY
Ginny?

GINNY
Oh hey Harry…have a seat…

HARRY
Thanks….

He sits down and nervously starts to tap his fingers together. Harry and Ginny both look at each other and smile and Harry clears his throat.

HARRY
So…you’re doing really well in Quidditch Ginny….

GINNY
Thanks…surprisingly Ron isn’t so bad himself…

HARRY
Heh…Yeah…so…is Dean coming over for Christmas?

GINNY
No…and a good thing too I say. He’s been driving me mad recently.

HARRY
Really?

GINNY
Yeah…he’s always trying to…help me do things…I keep telling him I’m not a baby…

HARRY
Oh…well…I’m sure he’ll come around…

GINNY
Doubt it…we’ve been fighting a lot lately…

HARRY
Well if there’s anything I can do….

GINNY
Don’t worry Harry if we break up it won’t affect the team…

HARRY
I’m not worried about the team…just you…

Ginny looks over at Harry and stares into his eyes. They both stare at each other for a moment and slowly begin to lean forwards. Their lips are inches from touching when Ginny backs away.

GINNY
I can’t….

HARRY
No….I’m sorry…that was uncalled for…

GINNY
Well you weren’t the only one leaning in were you?

She gives Harry a smile as there is commotion in the kitchen. They both get up and walk in as Mr. Weasley walks in dusting snow off of his coat and following him is REMUS LUPIN.

HARRY
Professor Lupin…

LUPIN
Harry…it’s nice to see you again….

MRS. WEASLEY
Oh Remus I’m glad you made it here alright! Would you like a bowl of soup?

LUPIN
I’m fine now Molly thanks…

MRS. WEASLEY
Nonsense! Ginny could you grab the bowls dear?

GINNY
Sure mum…

Mrs. Weasley goes to stir the soup as Ginny looks through the cabinets. Harry walks up to both Lupin and Mr. Weasley.

HARRY
I’m glad you two are here…there’s something I have to tell you…

The scene cuts to Lupin, Mr. Weasley, and Harry sitting around the fireplace as Christmas music plays in the background.

HARRY
Snape was definitely trying to help Malfoy with something.

MR. WEASLEY
Has it occurred to you, Harry that Snape was simply pretending...?

HARRY
Pretending to offer help so he can find out what Malfoy’s up to? Yeah, I thought you’d say that, but how do we know?

MR. WEASLEY
It isn’t out business to know. Dumbledore trusts Severus, and that ought to be good enough for all of us.

HARRY
But just say Dumbledore’s wrong about Snape…

LUPIN
People have said it many times Harry. It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore’s judgement.

HARRY
But Dumbledore can make mistakes. He says it himself, and sir do you honestly trust Snape?

LUPIN
I neither like nor dislike Severus. We shall never be friends….

He pauses as he catches a glimpse of the Daily Prophet that is sitting beside Mr. Weasley.

LUPIN
Arthur…could you…

Mr. Weasley hands Lupin the paper and he stares down at the cover page.

HARRY
What is it sir? Someone we know….?

LUPIN
No Harry….

He turns the paper around and the headline reads ‘MORE ATTACKS’ and on the cover is FENRIR GREYBACK who looks as if he’s growling back up at us.

HARRY
Who is that?

Lupin and Mr. Weasley both make eye contact with each other and Lupin hands the paper to Harry.

LUPIN
Fenrir Greyback is the most savage werewolf alive today. He regards it his mission in life to bite and contaminate as many people as possible, sometimes even without the full moon. Voldemort has promised him prey in return for his services. Greyback specializes in children; it was Greyback who bit me.

HARRY
What? When you were a kid?

LUPIN
Yes. My father had offended him. I guess it worked out in the end however. I’ve been underground the past few months living among the werewolves; nearly all of them are on Voldemort’s side. Dumbledore wanted a spy and here I was…ready made.

HARRY
How come they like Voldemort?

LUPIN
They think that, under his rule, they will have a better life.

Harry looks back down at the paper and the image of Greyback continues to glare up at him and the camera slowly fades to a shot of Harry sleeping. Ron’s voice wakes him up.

INT-RONS BEDROOM-CHRISTMAS MORNING

RON
(Off screen)
She’s got to be joking!

Harry sits up and grabs his glasses. He see’s Ron holding up a chain.

HARRY
What’s that?

RON
Its from Lavender, she can’t honestly think I’d wear…

He turns the chain around and it reads My Sweetheart.

HARRY
Nice, you should definitely wear it in front of Fred and George.

RON
If you tell them..I…I…I’ll…

HARRY
Stutter at me?

Harry and Ron both have a laugh as the scene cuts to:

INT. KITCHEN-CHRISTMAS AFTERNOON

Fred, George, Mr and Mrs. Weasly, Lupin, Ginny, and Harry sitting around the dinner table. There’s a lot of rustle and talking around the table.

HARRY
This is excellent Mrs. Weasley

MRS. WEASLEY
Thanks Harry dear.

FRED
So Ron….

GEORGE
About this Lavender Brown…

RON
Shut up!

GINNY
Oohhh..looks like Ron can’t take what he dishes!

RON
YOU SHUT YOUR FACE!

FRED
Oh so angry…

GEORGE
That’s what love does to you…

As everyone laughs Ginny looks over and notices to figures walking toward the house. She gets up and looks out of the window.

GINNY
Hey, it’s…its Tonks!

LUPIN
What?

MRS. WEASLEY
Yes well I invited dear Tonks over for dinner. She wouldn’t come at first…

LUPIN
Molly….

Before he can say anything she jumps up and opens the door signaling Tonks in. Tonks walks in slowly wiping snowflakes off of herself.

TONKS
Sorry I’m so late Molly I….

She looks up at the table and notices Lupin sitting there. He looks down at his plate and Tonks looks down at Molly.

TONKS
I thought you said he wouldn’t be here…

MRS. WEASLEY
Yes well he showed up unexpectingly. You’ve come all this way now dear have a seat…it’s already prepared there next to Remus.

LUPIN
Oh really Molly? I thought you said this seat was for Hermione.

MRS. WEASLEY
Oh didn’t I tell you she isn’t joining us this year…sit Tonks…

Tonks sighs and sits next to Lupin who looks even more uncomfortable. Harry and Ron both look at Ginny who shrugs and Mrs. Weasley sits back down.

MRS. WEASLEY
Well isn’t this lovely. All together for Christmas dinner…do you want any pea’s dear?

TONKS
No thanks….I’m not really hungry at the moment.

Mrs. Weasley waves her hand and food starts piling on Tonks plate.

MRS. WEASLEY
Rubbish you’ve traveled so far….

LUPIN
Molly I know what you’re trying to do….

TONKS
And what’s that Remus?

LUPIN
(Sighs)
Nymphodora this isn’t the time nor place…

TONK
It never is Remus….

She gets up and walks out of the room and Mrs. Weasley glares at Lupin.

MRS. WEASLEY
Now look what you’ve done!

She gets up and runs after Tonks. Lupin sighs before getting up and following. The rest of them at the table all look at each other in silence for a moment and then they all get up and follow.

INT. THE BURROW-LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

They stand outside of the living room and watch the events unfold inside. Tonks is sitting on the couch and Molly is comforting her. Lupin looks down at them.

LUPIN
Tonks you should really eat something….

TONKS
I don’t want food right now Remus!

LUPIN
Stop acting like a child!

TONKS
A child Remus…a child!

With this she gets up and faces him.

TONKS
You’re the one acting like a child Remus…can’t you see what this is doing to me….

REMUS
You know I hate seeing you in pain…but…I’m a werewolf…

TONKS
I know…and I told you a million times I don’t care!

LUPIN
And I’ve told you a million times that I am too old for you….too poor…too dangerous….

Mrs. Weasley stands up as he says this

MRS. WEASLEY
I’ve said all along you’re taking a ridiculous line on this, Remus.

LUPIN
She deserves someone young and whole Molly.

TONKS
But I want you Remus…can’t you see. I love you and I know you love me…

LUPIN
Can we discuss this later….

TONKS
How do you know there will be a later!

She storms off again this time walking through Harry and company standing outside listening. Mrs. Weasley once agains chases her and Lupin sits in a chair and puts his hand on his head.

FRED
Well this has been fun….

GEORGE
But there is still hot dinner that we intend to enjoy…

They both walk off back towards the table as Mr. Weasley goes to talk to Lupin. Harry, Ron, and Ginny look at each other.

RON
Well I guess that explains why she’s been looking so dreadful lately.

Ginny punches Ron in the arm, rolls her eyes, and walks away. Ron and Harry cast side looks at each as the scene cuts to a shot of the Burrow once again and then slowly fades into a shot of Hogwarts.

Apparation Lessons:    

INT. HOGWARTS-CORRIDOR-AFTERNOON

The scene cuts to a shot of a piece of parchment that reads ‘APPARITION LESSONS’ and pans back to show a crowd of students standing around it, some writing their names the sign in sheet under it. Seamus, Neville, and Harry are shown standing in the midst of the crowd. Ron is seen signing his name on the list and then proceeds to walk back towards them.

SEAMUS
How cool will it be when you can just…
(Snaps his fingers)
And then you’ll in another place almost instantly.

NEVILLE
Doesn’t sound to fun to me actually….

SEAMUS
Yeah because you’re afraid you’ll leave your head behind Longbottom…

RON
Glad I’ll be of age to take the apparition tests… I’d better pass the first time through! How hard can it be….I mean even Fred and George managed to pass their first times…

Lavender sneaks up behind Ron and covers his eyes with her hands.

LAVENDER
Guess who, Won Won?

RON
Do I even have too?

LAVENDER
How come you aren’t wearing the Christmas present I gave you?

RON
I…ugh…terrible luck Lavender you see…I wore it every moment after I got it but I took it off once to help dad with something and could never find it…

LAVENDER
Well that’s alright I have another one….

RON
No…no need for that...I’m sure I’ll find it. Let’s just…walk this way….

Ron quickly pulls Lavender away from his now laughing friends. As they walk away Hermione can be seen walking towards them. As they pass each other Hermione and Lavender cast a nasty look at each other and Ron looks down. Hermione keeps walking towards Harry, Neville, and Seamus.

HARRY
Hermione…hey…how was your Christmas.

HERMIONE
Just fine thanks…and yours?

HARRY
Alright….mind if I have a word? I’ll see you two in class….

Harry and Hermione begin to walk away from the crowd of people.

HARRY
I told Mr. Weasley and Lupin about that whole Snape and Draco conversation I overheard…..

HERMIONE
How is Lupin?

HARRY
Not great…he’s living underground and apparently Tonks is in love with him….

HERMIONE
Yeah I ran into Ginny earlier and she told me about that.

HARRY
Really? What else did Ginny tell you?

HERMIONE
Nothing…why?

HARRY
Oh just curious…just….yeah…so Lupin…he told me about the werewolf who originally bit him.

HERMIONE
Really….who was it?

HARRY
Some werewolf named Fenrir Greyback…you ever heard of him?

HERMIONE
Yes…and so have you Harry….remember?

HARRY
Well yeah I just told you…

HERMIONE
No before that…remember back in Knockturn Alley. Draco told Borgin that Greyback was an old family friend and that he’d be checking up on Borgin’s progress.

HARRY
(shocked)
I forgot! But doesn’t this prove that Malfoy’s a Death Eater, how else could he be in contact with Greyback and telling hi m what do do?

HERMIONE
It is pretty suspicious…unless…..

HARRY
Oh, come on, you can’t get round this one Hermione!

HERMIONE
Listen Harry now isn’t the time to worry about Draco. You missed the chance to ask Slughorn about the Horcruxes at the Christmas Party. I think you should really focus on getting that information before Dumbledore calls you for another lesson.

HARRY
Well Ron thinks I should just wait around after class…

HERMIONE
Well if Won Won thinks that, you’d better do it.

HERMIONE
Hermione, can’t you….

HERMIONE
No!

She continues to walk towards class as Harry shrugs and follows her.

INT. HOGWARTS-POTIONS CLASS-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Slughorn standing in front of the class.

SLUGHORN
In front of each of you is a phial which contains a certain poison. Now for today’s lesson I want you to create an antidote for the poison. Good luck, and don’t’ forget your protective gloves!

HERMIONE
(Whispers to Harry)
It’s a shame that the Prince won’t be able to help you much with this, Harry. You have to understand the principles involved this time.

She gets up and walks to the cabinet to collect ingredients. Harry flips through the Advances Potions Book as Ron leans in to whisper to him.

RON
You sure the Prince hasn’t got any tips?

HARRY
I don’t see any…just great…..

Harry looks up and notices Slughorn smiling at him as if he’s waiting for him to begin. Harry glances over at Ron who looks just as nervous as he and watches Hermione as she happily places all the ingredients in front of her to begin. The scene fades to later on in the class where most of the class as bubbling cauldrons in front of them. Hermione continues to work on her antidote and we see a few explosions coming from other students cauldrons. Harry has one head on his head as if he’s frustrated as he continues to flip through his book.

SLUGHORN
Two minuets left everyone!

Now we see the actual text in the book as Harry fingers stroll down the page. He stops on a line and begins to read it under his breathe.

HARRY
Just shove a bezoar down their throats….a bezoar?

He looks up and notices Slughorn looking down at his watch. Harry jumps up quickly and runs over to the cupboard and starts pushing aside a bunch of items. He finds a box labled ‘BEZOARS’ and opens it and pulls one out.

SLUGHORN
Times…UP! Everyone stop working and I will walk around and examine the work.

Harry sits back down in his seat as Slughorn walks over to Hermione and examines her work.

SLUGHORN
Very good, Ms. Granger

HERMIONE
Thank you sir!

SLUGHORN
And what do you have for me, Harry?

HARRY
Oh…um…

Harry opens his hand and we see the small brown ball in his palm.

SLUGHORN
You’ve got nerve, boy!

He grabs it and holds it up for the class to see.

SLUGHORN
Oh, you’re like your mother. A bezoar, a stone taken from the stomach of a goat, would certainly act as an antidote to all these potions!

Harry breaths a sigh of relief and looks over at Ron who also has a big smile on his face. He looks over at Hermione who looks a bit angry and the scene cuts to everyone grabbing their books and leaving class. Harry waits behind as Ron walks out and closes the door behind him.

SLUGHORN
Great job today as usual Harry m’boy! You should get going or you’ll be late for your next lesson!

HARRY
Sir, I wanted to ask you something.

SLUGHORN
Ask away, then, my dear boy, ask away….

HARRY
Sir, I was wondering what you know about…about Horcruxes?

Slughorn stops in his tracks and looks up slowly at Harry with a look of horror on his face.

SLUGHORN
What did you say?

HARRY
I asked whether you know anything about Horcruxes, sir. You see…

SLUGHORN
Dumbledore put you up to this. Dumbledore’s shown you that….memory, hasn’t he?

HARRY
Well…yes…

SLUGHORN
Well if you’ve seen that memory, Harry, you’ll know that I don’t know anything…ANYTHING…about Horcruxes.

HARRY
Sir, I just thought there might be a bit more to….

SLUGHORN
Did you!

He grabs his briefcase and starts to walk towards the exit of the class.

SLUGHORN
Then you were wrong, weren’t you? WRONG!

He slams the door behind himself and we see a shot of Harry standing in the middle of the class looking a bit shocked. The scene then cuts to Harry walking into Defense Against the Dark Arts and taking a seat next to Ron.

INT. HOGWARTS-DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS-MOMENTS LATER

SNAPE
Late again, Potter. Ten points from Gryffindor.

Seamus raises his hand as a few Slytherians chuckle at Harry.

SEAMUS
Sir! I’ve been wondering, how do you tell the difference between an Inferius and a ghost? Because there was something in the paper about an Inferious….

SNAPE
No, there wasn’t….

RON
(Whispering to Harry)
Well?

HARRY
No luck…he stormed out on me…..

SNAPE
Since Potter seems to have a lot to say on the subject.

Harry and Ron look up and notice Snape looking right down at them.

SNAPE
Mr. Finnegan would like to know Potter….how can we tell the difference between an Inferius and a ghost?

HARRY
Well….er…ghosts are transparent….

SNAPE
Oh, very good. Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. Ghosts are transparent.

Most of the class begins to laugh and Snape does a slight smirk before turning away from Harry.

SNAPE
The Inferius is a corpse that has been reanimated by a Dark wizard’s spell. It is not alive, it is merely used like a puppet to do the wizard’s bidding.

SEAMUS
Is there no way to defeat them sir?

SNAPE
Fire is known to be the most common use for fighting against the Inferius. Now enough friendly chatter all of you open your books to page two hundred and thirteen.

INT. HOGWARTS-HALLWAY-LATER THAT DAY

Everyone begins to thumb through their books as the scene cuts to a bunch of students walking down a hallway. Harry and Hermione are walking together when notices Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle all walking slowly down the hall.

HARRY
I’ll be right back…

HERMIONE
Harry…

Harry walks up within earshot of Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle.

DRACO
I don’t know how much longer, all right? It’s taking longer than I thought it would.

CRABBE
Can we atleast know….

DRACO
Look, it’s none of your business what I’m doing Crabbe, you and Goyle just do as you’re told and keep a lookout!

GOYLE
But Draco….

DRACO
That’s enough alright! Now isn’t the time to talk about it.

They both say nothing as they continue to walk and Harry stops following as Hermione walks up behind him.

HERMIONE
What was that about?

HARRY
He won’t even tell Crabbe and Goyle what he’s up too. What could he possibly be doing that he can’t even tell his best friends?

The scene cuts to the Great Hall where there are two lines of students facing each other and in front of each of them is a wooden hoop. Standing in the middle of these two groups is a TWYCROSS.

INT. THE GREAT HALL-EVENING

TWYCROSS
Now the important things to remember when Apparating are the three D’s. Destination, Determination, Deliberation! Fix your mind firmly upon the desired destination, focus your determination to occupy the visualized space, and only when I give the command turn on the spot, feeling your way into nothingness, moving with deliberation! Now, One, Two, THREE!!

The students all close their eyes and have a strained look on their face. We see Harry open one of his eyes to look around and notice that everyone else just seems to be standing. All of a sudden Neville faints and everyone opens their eyes and laugh.

TWYCROSS
Now now everyone concentrate! Lets try this again won’t we…One, Two, THREE!!!!

They close their eyes start spinning and some start falling on the floor. One student lets out of screech of pain as one student is in the hoop while one leg is still on the outside. Twycross waves his wand and there’s a puff of purple smoke and the student is back together.

TWYCROSS
That was called Splinching, or the separation of random body parts occurs when the mind is insufficiently determined. Now once again, GO!

The students close their eyes and the camera zooms in on Harry. He disappears and reappears in the circle hoop. He opens his eyes and everyone stares at him. Some look in amazement whereas Draco and his friends frown at Harry’s accomplishment.

TWYCROSS
Very good Mr. Potter, very good! Now lets go at it again why won’t we

INT. HOGWARTS-MOVING STAIRCASE-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry and Ron walking up the moving stairs

RON
How did you manage to do that Harry? Blimey once you turn 17 you’re going to pass the Apparation test with ease.

HARRY
I reckon I knew what to expect since I’ve already done it with Dumbledore.

RON
I forgot you’ve already done it! How is it?

HARRY
I’m not a big fan….I prefer flying

Harry and Ron continue to walk as the scene slowly fades to

Ron's Birthday Scare:    

INT. BOYS DORMITORY-MORNING

A shot of the names moving around the Marauder’s Map and the camera pans back to Harry looking at it as Ron is opening his birthday presents.

RON
Thanks for these Harry!

He holds up a pair of gloves and then tosses them on his bed and begins opening more presents.

HARRY
No problem birthday boy.

Harry looks back down at the map and begins scanning.

HARRY
Where is Malfoy, he doesn’t seem to be in his bed.

RON
Harry, is Hermione really going out with McLaggen? Not that I care…just haven’t seen them together much….

HARRY
Dunno…I don’t think things went very well at Slughorn’s party with those two.

RON
Good, oh wow, see what Mum and Dad got me? Blimey, I think I’ll come of age next year too…

He sits down the watch he got from his parents and notices the box of chocolate cauldrons beside Harry’s bed and picks them up.

RON
Wicked! Want one Harry?

HARRY
(Without looking up.)
No thanks…Malfoy’s gone again!

RON
Can’t have done, come on, apparation lessons today.

Ron shoves the cauldrons in his mouth and the scene cuts to Harry reading something on the bulletin board as we see Ron come down from the dormitory.

INT. GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM-MORNING (MOMENTS LATER)

HARRY
Ready? Let’s go, we can still catch breakfast.

RON
I’m not hungry…. Harry, I can’t stand it!

HARRY
You can’t stand what?

RON
I…I can’t stop thinking about her!

HARRY
And that stops you from going to breakfast because….

RON
I don’t think she knows I exist.

HARRY
She keeps snogging you, doesn’t she? I’m sure…

RON
Who are you talking about?

HARRY
Who are you talking about?

RON
Romilda Vane

Ron rushes over and sits on the couch with a dazed look on his face.

RON
I think I love her Harry.

HARRY
(Chuckles)
Ok, say that again with a straight face.

Ron stands up quickly and walks towards Harry.

RON
I love her, have you seen her hair, and her eyes…

HARRY
Ok Ron jokes over, drop it.

Harry turns around to walk away and Ron pulls his wand out and shoots a spell at Harry that misses him by inches. Harry turns around quickly and pulls his wand out throws the same nonverbal spell he did earlier on Ron which snatched him up in the air by his legs and has him hanging up side down and the cauldrons drop out of Ron’s hands.

HARRY
What was that for!

RON
You insulted her, Harry! You said it was a joke.

HARRY
This is insane! What’s got into…

Harry notices the box of cauldrons on the floor beneath where Ron is hanging.

HARRY
Where did you get those Chocolate Cauldrons?

RON
They were a birthday present. I offered you one, didn’t I?

HARRY
You just picked them up off the floor!

RON
Let me go Harry!

HARRY
They’re the Chocolate Cauldrons Romilda gave me before Christmas, and they’re all spiked with love potion!

RON
Romilda! Harry…do you know her? Can you introduce us?

HARRY
(laughs)
Yeah I’ll introduce you. I’m going to let you down now, okay?

RON
Ok!

Ron is lowered back down to the ground. The portrait opens and Lavender walks in.

LAVENDER
You’re late Won Won, I’ve got you a birthday…

RON
Leave me alone; Harry’s going to introduce me to Romilda Vane!

Ron pushes her out the way and walks out. Harry mouths ‘Sorry’ to her and runs out behind Ron.

INT. SLUGHORNS OFFICE-MORNING (MOMENTS LATER)

The scene cuts to Harry and Ron standing in Slughorn’s Office. Slughorn is preparing something for Ron to drink.

RON
I can’t see her Harry, is he hiding her?

HARRY
She’s on here way

RON
Really, how do I look?

SLUGHORN
Very handsome, now drink that up, it’s a tonic for the nerves, keep you calm when she arrives, you know.

RON
Bloody Brilliant!

HARRY
Thanks Professor

SLUGHORN
Don’t mention it m’boy. I’m surprised someone as gifted in Potions as yourself couldn’t whip something up yourself!

HARRY
Right…well…you see I didn’t have the ingredients.

SLUGHORN
Say no more! So do you feel more like yourself m’boy?

Ron looks up at them with a look of shock at what just happened to him on his face.

HARRY
Great way to start off your 17th birthday huh?

SLUGHORN
Did you say birthday? Really? Oh well in that case!

Slughorn goes to his cupboard and pulls out a bottle of mead.

SLUGHORN
I’ve got one last bottle of this oak matured mead…meant to give this to Dumbledore for Christmas…ah well. Why don’t we open it now and celebrate Mr. Weasley’s birthday!
(Slughorn pours the drinks and hands a glass to each of them.)
Well, a very happy birthday, Rupert

RON
(Stunned)
Wait…how do you know…?

HARRY
It’s Ron sir…

As he says this Ron goes ahead and chugs the drink.

SLUGHORN
And may you have many more…

Ron drops the glass and foam start to come out of his mouth. He falls on the ground shaking furiously with his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

HARRY
Ron! Professor! Do something!

SLUGHORN
What…but…

Harry rushes towards the cupboard and starts to throw around bottles. He grabs the bezoar and runs to Ron. He forces his mouth open and throws the bezoar in his mouth. After a few seconds his body stops shaking and he falls off to sleep.

INT. HOSTPITAL WING-AFTERNOON (SAME DAY)

The scene cuts to a sleeping Ron in the hospital wing. Lavender is standing next to him and we notice Harry and Ginny standing on the opposite side of the bed looking down on him.

LAVENDER
I knew something must have been wrong with him. I mean who would pick Romilda Vane over me?

Harry and Ginny glance over at each other as the door to the Hospital Wing opens and a worried Hermione rushes in.

HERMIONE
I just heard….how is he?

HARRY
He’s fine….

LAVENDER
What are you doing here?

Hermione, Harry, and Ginny all look up at Lavender.

LAVENDER
Isn’t this what you wanted? Ever since we’ve been together you’ve been trying to harm him…well look like you’ve finally succeeded…

HERMIONE
I would never wish anything like this on Ron. How…how dare you!

LAVENDER
You’re just jealous because he loves me!

HERMIONE/HARRY/GINNY
What!??

Ron stirs a bit in his sleep.

HARRY
Listen Lavender…maybe this isn’t the right moment…

LAVENDER
You’re right….I have class soon anyway….

She kisses Ron on the forehead before grabbing her books and walking out of the ward. Hermione places her hand on Ron’s arm and begins to cry. Ginny places her hand on Hermione’s shoulder. Ginny and Harry both look over at each other before looking back down at Ron as the scene slowly fades to Harry and Hermione walking towards Hagrid’s Hut.

Suspicions and Memories:    

EXT. HOGWARTS-OUTSIDE OF THE STONE CIRCLE-NIGHT

HERMIONE
So Slughorn was planning on giving that bottle to Dumbledore?

HARRY
Yeah so that poison was meant to be for Dumbledore.

HERMIONE
This is just mad…first Katie…now Ron…even with all the extra protection people are still getting hurt.

Harry stops walking as he notices 2 figures walking slowly along the edge of the forest.

HERMIONE
Looks like Dumbledore’s back…

We now see that the figures walking are Dumbledore and Snape. Harry holds up a finger to his lips to signal that Hermione should keep quiet and he slowly walks down towards them while remaining in the shadows. Harry finds a spot behind a tree and stays there as Dumbledore and Snape slowly walk past the spot.

SNAPE
You take a great deal for granted, Dumbledore…perhaps I’ve changed my mind!

DUMBLEDORE
You gave me your word, Severus.

Dumbledore turns and says something that Harry can’t hear but we see him struggle to. Snape stares at Dumbledore for a moment in silence and Dumbledore looks away, sighs, and continues to walk.

DUMBLEDORE
Come to my office tonight, Severus, at eleven, and you shall not complain that I have no confidence in you. Right now I’m afraid we may not be alone and such topics shouldn’t be discussed out in the open.

They begin to walk away and the camera focuses on Harry hiding behind the tree as the scene cuts to a wideshot of Hogwarts. The scene then cuts to the Spinning Gargoyle and Harry standing in front of it. He looks down at the piece of parchment in his hand before knocking.

DUMBLEDORE
(Offscreen)
Enter!

INT. HOGWARTS-DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT

HARRY
Good evening sir…I just got the message that you wanted to see me.

DUMBLEDORE
Come in Harry.

Harry notices that Dumbledore’s injured hand looks even worse now and that it has spread throughout most of his hand and even into his palm.

HARRY
Before we start sir I have something to tell you. I overheard Snape and Draco talking….and…Snape was offereing to help Draco do something. Snape told Draco he made an Unbreakable Vow and…it’s just…well sir…before school I found out that Draco is trying to fix a Vanishing Cabinet. I don’t know why or how but it was in Borgin and Burkes and if Snape is offering to help then….

DUMBLEDORE
Thank you for telling me this Harry, but I suggest that you put it out of your mind. I do not think it is of great importance.

HARRY
Not of great importance? Professor, did you understand…?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes Harry and I think you might consider the possibility that I understood more than you did. I am glad you confided in me, but let me reassure you that you have not told me anything that causes me disquiet.

HARRY
So you definitely still trust Snape then?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes Harry I do…but now I must insist that we press on. I have more important things to discuss with you this evening. Have you managed the task I set you at the end of our previous lesson?

HARRY
Well, no sir, seeing the situation with Ron and all.

DUMBLEDORE
And following around Professor Snape and Mr. Malfoy aswell it seems. I thought I made it clear to you how very important that memory is Harry. It is the most crucial memory of all and we will be wasting our time without it.

HARRY
It isn’t that I wasn’t trying…I’ve just had other things….I’m sorry sir.

DUMBLEDORE
There will be little point in our meeting after tonight unless we have that memory.

Harry looks down in disappointment as Dumbledore walks over to the Pensieve. He places his wand up to his temple and pulls out a few strings and places them in it. Dumbledore motions to Harry to come over and Harry walks up to the Pensieve, takes a breathe, and plunges his head into it as the room dissolves.

INT-DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT (PAST)

Harry looks around and notices that he’s in Dumbledore’s Office. He notices a young Dumbledore sitting at his desk writing as the door knocks.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Enter!

The door opens and in walks a young Voldemort. The darkness is very apparent in his appearance now, and his physical appearance is already starting to change. Around his neck he is wearing a golden LOCKET with a serpentine S on it.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Good evening Tom, won’t you sit down?

VOLDEMORT
Thank you. I heard that you had become headmaster, a worthy choice.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
I am glad you approve. So what do I owe this pleasure, Tom?

VOLDEMORT
They do not call me ‘Tom’ anymore these days Dumbledore, I am known as…

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
I know what you are known as, however I’m afraid you will always be Tom Riddle to me.

Voldermort frowns slighty at the sound of this and Dumbledore just simply smiles at him.

DUMBLEDORE
So what brings you here Tom?

VOLDEMORT
I have returned to ask that you permit me to return to this castle, to teach. I could show and tell your students things they can gain from no other wizard.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Yes, I certainly do know that you have seen and done much since leaving us. Rumors of your doings have reached your old school, Tom. I should be sorry to believe half of them.

VOLDEMORT
Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, and spite spawns lies. You must know this, Dumbledore.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
You call it ‘greatness’ what you have been doing?

VOLDEMORT
Certainly. I have pushed the boundaries of magic further perhaps, than they have ever been pushed.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Of some kinds of magic Tom. Of others, I’m afraid, you remain woefully ignorant

VOLDEMORT
(Laughs)
The old argument. But nothing I have seen in the world has supported your famous pronouncements that love is more powerful than my kind of magic, Dumbledore.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Perhaps you’ve been looking in the wrong places.

Dumbledore and Voldemort simply stare at each other for a moment and Dumbledore notices the locket around his neck.

DUMBLEDORE
Interesting locket….

VOLDEMORT
Do you like it Dumbledore? It’s an old family heirloom of mine. I found out about it when I worked at Borgin and Burke’s back when I was in school. It’s not very often an orphan finds something so precious that’s connected to his heritage.

DUMBLEDORE
Indeed.

VOLDEMORT
Let’s not change the subject however Dumbledore. Will you let me return? I place myself and my talents at your disposal. I am yours to command.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
And what will become of those who call themselves, the Death Eaters, whom I hear you, command.

VOLDEMORT
My friends will carry on without me, I’m sure.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
I am glad to hear you consider them friends. You see I was under the impression that they are more in the order of servants.

VOLDEMORT
You are mistaken.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Then why Tom are there a group of people sitting at the Hog’s Head awaiting your return? Devoted friends indeed, to travel this far with you on a snowy night, merely to wish you luck as you attempt to secure a teaching post.

VOLDEMORT
You are omniscient as ever, Dumbledore

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Maybe so, then again I could just know the right people in the right places. Let us speak openly, why have you come here tonight, surrounded by henchmen, to request a job we both know you do not want?

VOLDEMORT
I do not want? On the contrary, Dumbledore, I want it very much.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
I disagree Tom. Stop with the games and tell me what you want.

VOLDEMORT
I’ve told you. Now if you simply don’t want to give me the job…

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Of course I don’t, and I don’t think for a moment you expected me to.

Voldemort stands up quickly, clearly furious.

VOLDEMORT
This is your final word?

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
It is.

VOLDEMORT
Then we have nothing more to say to each other!

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
I’m afraid not.

Voldemort sneers and walks furiously out of the room and there is a flash and

INT. DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT (PRESENT DAY)

Harry is now in the present. He looks over to see Dumbledore sitting on the steps in front of his desk.

HARRY
Why did he come back sir?

DUMBLEDORE
I have ideas, but I can’t tell you what they are until you have retrieved that memory from Professor Slughorn.

HARRY
Was he after the Defense Against the Dark Arts job sir?

DUMBLEDORE
Definitely. The aftermath of our little meeting proved that. You see we have never been able to keep a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for longer than a year since I refused the post to Lord Voldemort. Now I must say goodnight Harry.

HARRY
Goodnight sir.

Harry begins to walk out of Dumbledore’s Office. He glances back and notices Dumbledore once again staring at his damaged hand. Harry slowly closes the door and the scene cuts to Harry in his Quidditch gear pacing.

Quidditch and Dobby's Mission:    

INT. QUIDDITCH TENT-AFTERNOON

The camera pans back to show the rest of players sitting around looking nervous. Cormac then runs in with full gear on.

CORMAC
Sorry I’m late….

HARRY
The match starts in 5 minuets McLaggen, you were supposed to be here an hour ago!

CORMAC
I’m sorry I had things to do….

HARRY
Things? The only reason you’re playing this game McLaggen is because Ron is in the hospital. The moment he’s well….

CORMAC
Won’t happen again sir!

He smiles and begins to walk out towards the feel. Harry sighs as the rest of the team follows.

EXT. HOGWARTS-QUIDDITCH FIELD-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to the Quidditch game already in session. We see a player from the Hufflepuff team fly by with the Quaffle and then the camera moves towards the crowd to show Luna with the microphone.

LUNA
And that’s Smith of Hufflepuff with the Quaffle. Oh look, he’s lost the Quaffle again, he must be suffering from loser’s largy. He can’t seem to hold the Quaffle for very long. Ginny took it from him this time, I do like her, she’s very nice….

We see McGonagall cast a look at Luna and then the camera cuts back to Harry as he hovers above them. He watches Ginny as she flies quickly towards the goal posts but the Quaffle is taken from her by an opposing player.

LUNA
Oh it seems like that big Hufflepuff player’s got the Quaffle from her, I can’t remember his name, it’s something like Bibble…no…Buggins…

MCGONAGALL
It’s Cadwallader!

LUNA
Thank you professor. And if anyone is interesting there’s this interesting cloud that seems to be shaped like a nargle right there if you look past Harry Potter.

We see a few people in the stands look up as the scene cuts back to Harry who seems to be staring at Ginny as she plays but notices McLaggen leaving his post and flying towards Ginny.

CORMAC
How come you let him get the Quaffle? Seriously Weasley do I have to show you everything….

GINNY
Get back to your post McLaggen before they….

DING. They look back and notice that the opposite team just scored. Ginny casts a nasty look at McLaggen and flies away from him.

HARRY
Cormac what are you doing! Get back to your post!

GINNY
Harry look out!

Harry ducks and barely misses a bludger that almost hit him in the head. He looks back and smiles at Ginny not noticing Cormac who quickly flies towards Dean and forcefully takes the Beater bat out of his hand.

CORMAC
Let me show you how to really hit a Bludger.

Cormac grabs the bat and BAM hits the Bludger towards Harry who is still looking at Ginny. A look of shock goes across her face and Harry turns around and we see the Bludger flying right and the camera and BAM the screen goes black.
INT. HOSPITAL WING-NIGHT

The screen slowly fades back in Harry as he opens his eyes and grasps his head in pain. He looks over to see Ron in the bed next to him smiling at him.

RON
Nice of you to drop in.

HARRY
How long have I been out?

RON
For a bit…u got a cracked skull…McLaggen must’ve got you good.

HARRY
When I get out of here I’m going to kill him.

The door to the hospital wing opens and Ginny walks in carrying Harry’s broom.

GINNY
Alright Harry?

HARRY
Yeah fine…thanks…

GINNY
Thought I’d drop this off.

She sits the broom next to Harry’s bed.

HARRY
So how did the game go?

GINNY
You don’t want to know…sad thing is Luna’s commentary was the only highlight. Well I’ll leave you two…get better soon Harry.

She smiles and walks away as Ron starts eating on some candy. Harry watches as she closes the door and lays back in the bed and closes his eyes.

INT. THE ROOM OF REQURIEMENT-NIGHT

The scene fades to Ginny standing in front of a mirror and Harry walking up behind her. She turns around and smiles at him.

GINNY
You’re a good teacher Harry.

HARRY
Ginny?

She looks up above them and a mistletoe is forming.

GINNY
Mistletoe

HARRY
Probably full of nargles….

GINNY
What are nargles?

HARRY
No idea…

He goes in to kiss her and there is a SLAM and both Harry and Ginny look over to see an angry Ron standing in the room.

RON
What’s going on?

HARRY
Ron…wait...it’s not what you think!

Ron pulls out his wand and walks angrily up to Harry.

RON
I thought you were my friend Harry!

HARRY
Wait…Ron…I’m sorry…

Ron draws back and his fist flies towards Harry’s face as Harry opens his eyes.

INT. HOSPITAL WING-NIGHT

He sits up and looks over and see’s Ron snoring next to him. He sighs as he gets up out of the bed slowly and walks to a window. Harry looks out at Hogwarts with the moon shining brightly over it and the scene slowly fades a shot of names moving around the Mauraders Map.

HARRY
(Offscreen)
Gone again.

We now see Harry sitting in his hospital bed looking at the map with Ron sitting up on his bed.

RON
Harry I think you’re going a little overboard with this Malfoy thing.

HARRY
I’m gonna find out what he’s up too Ron.

RON
Harry…

HARRY
Don’t tell me it’s all in my head either, I overheard what Snape said to him…

RON
Yeah I know Harry, but, you’re just becoming a little obsessed over this thing.

HARRY
Obsessed? He just keeps disappearing off of the map, where do you think he’s going?

RON
Hogsmeade maybe, I don’t know.

HARRY
If only I had some way…wait a minute.

RON
What?

HARRY
I think I have a way to get Malfoy followed.

RON
Followed?

HARRY
I just remembered...remember Dumbledore told me I own Grimmauld Place now.

RON
So?

HARRY
Kreacher!

In the middle of the room Kreacher and Dobby apparate and they’re both fighting each other.

DOBBY
Kreacher will not insult Harry Potter in front of Dobby!!!

KREACHER
Kreacher will say what he likes about master, filthy friend of Mudbloods, what would poor Kreachers mistress…

Dobby punches him in his mouth and Kreacher lets out a scream and starts clawing at Dobby. Ron and Harry jump out of the bed and tries to pull them apart. They continue to kick and swing at each other as they pulled apart.

HARRY
I forbid you to fight each other!

They both stop and stare at each other.

HARRY
Dobby…what are you doing here?

DOBBY
Greetings Harry Potter sir! Dumbledore hired Dobby to work in the kitchens with the other house elves sir! Shortly after Harry Potter freed Dobby from the evil Malfoys!

RON
Just what we need…

HARRY
Well as I’m sure you know by now Kreacher I’m your new master…and I’ve got a job for you.

KREACHER
Kreacher will do whatever Master wants, because Kreacher has no choice, but Kreacher is ashamed to have such a master, yes…

DOBBY
Dobby will do it, Harry Potter! Dobby would be honored.

HARRY
It would be good to have both of you now that I think of it. I want you to tail Draco Malfoy.

RON
What!

HARRY
I want to know where he’s going, who he’s meeting, and what he’s doing. I want you to follow him around the clock.

DOBBY
Yes, Harry Potter!

KREACHER
Master wants me to spy upon the pure-blood great-nephew of my old mistress?

HARRY
Yeah and you’re forbidden to tip him off, or to show him what you’re up to, or to talk to him at all, or to write him messages or…or to contact him in any way. Got it?

KREACHER
Master thinks of everything, and Kreacher must obey him even though Kreacher would much rather be the servant of the Malfoy boy, oh yes…

HARRY
That’s settled then.

Kreacher and Dobby both snap their fingers and disappear.

RON
Harry, what the…

HARRY
I don’t want to hear it Ron ok.

Draco's Misson:    

We see a shot of Ron looking at Harry with concern as we cut to another sweeping shot of Hogwarts. We then cut to Harry and Ron walking down a hallway in their school robes. Harry is looking through his potions book.

INT. HOGWARTS- CORRIDOR-EVENING (Days later)

RON
I’m gonna miss lying up in the hospital wing…being pampered day and night…it’s the good life…

HARRY
Yeah and now we have loads of make up work to do.

RON
Anything good in there the prince has to say?

HARRY
There is this spell, Sectumsempra, it says For Enemies. I wonder what it does.

RON
Dunno, just make sure you don’t try it out on me will you.

HARRY
I don’t know; just make sure you stay on my good side.

We hear a noise and both Harry and Ron stop in their tracks. Harry walks slowly around the corner and looks around it.

HARRY
Dobby?

The camera pans and shows Dobby hiding behind one of the statues in the hallway.

DOBBY
Dobby has come to report news on the Malfoy boy.

RON
Wow you work fast….

HARRY
Where’s Kreacher…you know what...nevermind…what do you have to tell me?

DOBBY
The Malfoy boy is breaking no rules that Dobby can discover. He has, however, been making regular visits to the seventh floor with a variety of other students, who keep watch for him while he enters…

HARRY
The Room of Requirements…

INT. GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM-NIGHT

The scene fades to Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting in front of the fire place in the Gryffindor common room.

HARRY
How good is this, we know where Malfoy’s going!

RON
(He is writing out his DADA homework and says very dryly..)
Yeah it’s great

HERMIONE
Before you get excited Harry, I still don’t think you’ll be able to get into the Room of Requirments without knowing what’s there first. You have to know exactly what Malfoy wants from the room. And besides you should be concentrating on getting the memory from Slughorn…

HARRY
I haven’t forgotten about Slughorn, but I haven’t a clue how to get that memory off him, and until I get a brain wave or something, why shouldn’t I find out what Malfoy’s doing?

Hermione gives a sigh and opens up a book.

HARRY
Wait a moment….what does the Room of Requirement have to do with that Vanishing Cabinet? Hermione….what exactly is a Vanishing Cabinet used for?

HERMIONE
Plenty of things…the most common thing is it acts as a sort of a gateway between two points.

HARRY
What do you mean?

HERMIONE
Well one can travel from one point to another almost instantly with a vanishing cabinet…it’s like a simple form of apparition.

RON
This is ridiculous! How could Snape possibly think we’d finish this essay! I can’t get a hang of apparation and the tests are coming up as well, I can’t take all this pressure!

HERMIONE
Harry and I finished it days ago Ronald, that’s what you get for waiting to the last minute. And Apparation isn’t that bad, you saw that Harry attempted it.

HARRY
Do you think there could be a vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement?

HERMIONE
Harry I know what you’re going to say….

HARRY
It makes sense Hermione. If there’s a cabinet in the room and it’s connected to the one in Borgin and Burke’s….

HERMIONE
Then how come it hasn’t been used already Harry? If what you’re saying is true someone other than Draco knows about it and how come they didn’t use it? Death Eaters would be swarming the school by now…

HARRY
But don’t you remember Hermione Draco has to fix something! I bet the cabinet in the room of requirement has to be fixed and once it’s done it’s a one way pass into Hogwarts right under all of our noses!

HERMIONE
Honestly Harry that’s not very likely…and besides you forget we have Dumbledore…no death eater in their right minds would dare come into the school as long as Dumbledore’s around…

Harry sighs in defeat knowing there was no point in arguing.

RON
I’m never gonna finish this…

HERMIONE
(Frustrated)
Oh honestly Ron…
(She grabs the parchment from him)
I’ll finish it for you!

RON
I love you, Hermione

He sits back in his chair relived and Hermione blushes slightly and begins to write as the scene fades to…

INT. SEVENTH FLOOR-NIGHT

The scene cuts to a shot of the hallway and then SWOOSH Harry takes off his invisibility cloak. He slowly begins walking down the hallway on the seventh floor towards where the Room of Requirement is. He stands in front of the wall and looks around before proceeding.

HARRY
I need to see what Malfoy’s doing in here….

Nothing happens.

HARRY
Right…maybe I need to be more specific…I need you to become the place you become for Draco Malfoy….

Nothing happens again.

HARRY
Oh, come off it. That was a clear instruction! Alright how about this…I need you to become the place where Draco is fixing a vanishing cabinet….

Nothing happens again and Harry angrily kicks the wall and quickly regrets it as he yells out in pain.

EXT. THE ENTRANCE COURTYARD-AFTERNOON

The scene cuts to a shot of students walking down the hallways of Hogwarts. It then cuts to Harry sitting alone reading his Potions book again. We see Ron and Hermione walk up behind him. Hermione is smiling wheras Ron looks upset.

HERMIONE
Harry! I passed the Apparation tests!

HARRY
Don’t think I expected anything less of you. Ron how did you do?

RON
How do you think I did! I failed of course!

HARRY
What happened?

HERMIONE
It was really unlucky; he’d left half an eyebrow behind.

RON
Half an eyebrow, HALF AN EYEBROW!

HERMIONE
Well it could’ve been worse.

RON
Oh come off it Hermione.

Luna walks up to them holding an item that looks like a green onion, a large spotted toadstool, and a considerable amount of what looks like cat litter.

LUNA
HARRY!

HARRY
Hey Luna…

Luna thrust the item into Ron’s hand and pulls out a letter.

LUNA
I’ve been told to give you this.

She hands the letter to Harry.

RON
What the bloody hell is this thing?

LUNA
It’s a Gurdyroot of course! You can keep it if you like; they’re really excellent for warding off Gulping Plimpies.

RON
Um, No thanks.

Ron hands it back to Luna

LUNA
Ok then…

She grabs it and walks away humming a tune.

RON
You know, she’s grown on me, I know she’s insane, but it’s in a good…

HARRY
Oh no.

HERMIONE
What is it? Is it Dumbledore?

HARRY
No, Aragog died. He wants us to come to the funeral.

RON
He’s mental! That thing told its mates to eat Harry and Me!

HERMIONE
You’re not going are you…Harry you can’t! It’s such a pointless thing to get detention over. You should be trying to get that memory from Slughorn!

HARRY
Don’t you think I’ve been trying?

HERMIONE
How?

HARRY
I…well….it doesn’t matter how! I’ve tried it hundreds of times; I just can’t get any luck.

RON
Luck! Harry, you could use your lucky potion!

HERMIONE
Ron, that’s it!

Farewell to Aragog:    

INT-BOYS DORMITORY/GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

The scene cuts to a shot of the bottle and pans back to see Harry looking at it

HARRY
Well, here goes.

Harry takes a little sip out of it.

HERMIONE
What does it feel like?

The screen gets this little haze over it showing that the potion is working.

HARRY
Excellent! Right…I’m going down to Hagrids!

HERMIONE AND RON
What!

HERMIONE
You’ve got to go and see Slughorn!

HARRY
No, I’m going to Hagrids, I’ve got a good feeling about going to Hagrids!

He grabs his invisibility cloak and puts it on. He proceeds to walk down the stairs as Hermione and Ron follow. Harry walks out of the door and we see Lavender standing there as Hermione and Ron come out of the door.

LAVENDER
What are you doing up there with her!

We see Harry walk towards the portrait hole and Ginny and Dean are entering it. He walks past them and brushes lightly against Ginny.

GINNY
Don’t push me, please, Dean! You’re always doing that, I can get through perfectly well on my own…

EXT. HOGWARTS GROUNDS-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

Harry is now outside walking towards Hagrids and we see Slughorn walking towards him. Harry smiles and simply takes off the Cloak and runs towards him.

SLUGHORN
Merlin’s beard! Harry, how did you get out of the castle?

HARRY
Filch must’ve forgotten to lock the doors.

SLUGHORN
Why are you out here?

HARRY
You see sir, it’s Hagrid, he’s pretty upset. But you won’t tell anyone, Professor? I don’t want trouble for him…

SLUGHORN
Well I can’t promise that, but I know that Dumbledore trusts Hagrid to the hilt.

HARRY
Well, it’s this giant spider, he’s had it for years, it lived in the forest and could talk and everything. It died last night, and he wants company while he buries it and I said I’d go.

SLUGHORN
I heard rumors there were acromantulas in the forest. And their venom is very valuable indeed, and the creature just died, seems like an awful waste not to collect it.

HARRY
Well, if you wanted to come, Professor, Hagrid would probably be really pleased.

Harry smiles as he see’s the look of excitement in Slughorns eyes and the scene cuts to…

EXT. HAGRIDS HUT-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

A wide shot of Hogwarts and we see a giant dead spider in the distance. The scene then fades to Harry, Hagrid, Fang, and Slughorn walking towards Hagrid’s Hut.

HAGRID
I had him from an egg, yeh know. Thank ye for coming out tonight.

SLUGHORN
No problem Hagrid, it’s our pleasure.

We see him turn around and pull out the bottle full of poison.

SLUGHORN
It was my pleasure.

He chuckles and puts it back in his pocket.

HAGRID
Do you’ wan anything to drink?

SLUGHORN
Why…yes…

INT. HAGRID HUT-LATER THAT NIGHT

The scene cuts to Hagrid and Slughorn hitting mugs together sloppily. Its apparent they’ve been drinking for quite some time now.

HAGRID
I’d like to…make a toast..Harry Potter!

SLUGHORN
Yes, indeed! Parry Otter, the Chosen Boy Who…well…
(He starts to sing) And Odo the hero, they bore him back home. To the place that he’d known as a lad….

HAGRID
The good die young…me dad was no age ter go…nor were yer mum an’ dad Harry…terrible thing.

Hagrid then hiccups and falls to the ground asleep with a loud BOOM

SLUGHORN
Sorry, can’t carry a tune to save my life. Apparently put that poor bloke to sleep!

HARRY
Hagrid wasn’t talking about your singing; he was talking about my mum and dad dying.

SLUGHORN
Oh, terrible. I don’t suppose you remember it, Harry?

HARRY
No, I was only one when they died. My dad died first, did you know that?

SLUGHORN
I…I didn’t.

HARRY
Yeah, Voldemort murdered him and then stepped over his body towards my mum. He told her to get out of the way. He told her she needn’t have died, he only wanted me. She could have run.

SLUGHORN
Oh dear, that’s awful…

HARRY
It is, isn’t it! She didn’t move, dad was already dead, but she didn’t want me to go too. She tried to plead with him…but he just laughed…

SLUGHORN
That’s enough! Really, my dear boy, I’m an old man…I don’t need to hear…

HARRY
I forgot, you liked her, didn’t you.

SLUGHORN
Liked her? I don’t imagine anyone who met her wouldn’t have liked her….

HARRY
But you won’t help her son. She gave me her life, but you won’t give me a memory.

Slughorn looks down at Harry and tears slowly form in his eyes.

SLUGHORN
Don’t say that…if it were to help you, of course…but no purpose can be served.

HARRY
It can. I am the Chosen One. I have to kill him. I need that memory.

SLUGHORN
You are the Chosen One?

HARRY
Of course I am.

SLUGHORN
You’re asking a great deal…to aid you in your attempt to destroy…

HARRY
You don’t want to get rid of the wizard who killed Lily Evans?

SLUGHORN
OF course I do Harry, but….

HARRY
You’re scared he’ll find out you helped me? Be brave like my mother, Professor.

SLUGHORN
I am not proud of what that memory shows…I think I may have done great damage that day.

HARRY
You’d cancel out anything you did by giving me that memory. It would be a very brave and noble thing to do.

Slughorn stares at Harry for a second and the camera zoom’s in on Harry’s eyes. Slughorn then pulls his wand out. He places the tip of his wand to his head and pulls out the long threads of the memory and places it into a bottle and corks it. He hands it to Harry.

HARRY
Thank you very much, Professor.

SLUGHORN
You’re a good boy, and you’ve got her eyes…just don’t think too badly of me once you’ve seen it.

He yawns and then lays back and falls asleep.

"In my life I have seen things that are unimaginably
horrific. I know now...you will see worse."
Sponsored Links