Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

The Horcruxes:    

INT. DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-LATER THAT NIGHT

The spell vision is gone as Hary knocks on Dumbledore’s office door

DUMBLEDORE
Enter!

Harry walks in with a huge smile on his face

DUMBLEDORE
Good gracious Harry, to what do I owe this very late pleasure?

HARRY
Sir, I’ve got the memory from Slughorn.

He pulls it out and shows it to him.

DUMBLEDORE
Spectacular Harry! Very well done indeed! I knew you could do it!

He walks up to Harry and takes the bottle and walks over to the Pensive.

DUMBLEDORE
And finally, we shall see.

He pours it into the pensive and we see Dumbledore smile at Harry. We now see Harry and Dumbledore standing in the same room where Tom Riddle and Slughorn was in the earlier memory.

INT-SLUGHORNS OFFICE-NIGHT (PAST)

Standing there is a much younger Slughorn holding on to a pineapple with a big grin in his face. Standing across from his is a Teenaged TOM RIDDLE in the room with a young Bellatrix, AVERY, ALECTO, and AMYCUS.

SLUGHORN
Thank you for the pineapple Tom, you’re quite right, it is my favorite!

Slughorn looks down at the small golden clock on his desk.

SLUGHORN
Good gracious, is it that time already? You all better get going, or we’ll all be in trouble. Lestrange, I want your essay by tomorrow or it’s detention! Same goes for you, Avery.

They rest of them gather their things and begin to leave. Bellatrix throws a smile at Tom before exiting as Slughorn sorts through paper on his desk. He looks up and notices Tom standing there.

SLUGHORN
Look sharp Tom. You don’t want to be caught out of bed out of hours….

Tom looks down and twists the RING with a BLACK STONE around his finger and looks up at Slughorn.
TOM
Sir, I wanted to ask you something.

SLUGHORN
Ask away, then, m’boy, ask away…

TOM
Sir, I wondered what you know about….about Horcruxes?

SLUGHORN
Project for Defense Against the Dark Arts, is it?

TOM
Not exactly sir, I came across the term while reading and I didn’t fully understand it.

SLUGHORN
You’d be hard pushed to find a book at Hogwarts that’ll give you details on Horcruxes. That’s very Dark stuff Tom.

TOM
You obviously know all about them, I mean a wizard like you. If you can’t tell me, I’d understand. I just knew if anyone could tell me, you could.

SLUGHORN
Well, it can’t hurt to give you an overview. A Horcrux is the word used for an object in which a person has concealed part of their soul.

TOM
I don’t quite understand how that works, though, sir.

SLUGHORN
Well, you split your soul, you see. And hide part of it in an object outside the body. Then, even if one’s body is attacked or destroyed, one cannot die, for part of their soul remains earthbound and undamaged. Few would want this however Tom, death would be preferable.

TOM
How do you split your soul?

SLUGHORN
By committing murder, the supreme act of evil. Killing rips the soul apart. The wizard intent upon creating a Horcrux would use the damage to his advantage: He would encase the torn portion…

TOM
Encase? But how…

SLUGHORN
There is a spell, do not ask me, I don’t know. Do I look as though I have tried it?

TOM
No sir, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.

SLUGHORN
Not offended Tom, it’s natural to feel curiousity about these things.

TOM
Sir, what I want to know is, will one Horcrux be much use? Can you only split your soul once? Wouldn’t it be better, make you stronger, to have your soul in more pieces, isn’t seven the most powerful magical number?

SLUGHORN
Merlin’s beard, Tom! Seven! Isn’t it bad enough to think of killing one person? In any case, it’s bad enough to divide the soul…but to rip it into seven pieces…this is all hypothetical, what we’re discussing isn’t it? All academic…

TOM
Yes, of course.

SLUGHORN
Keep it quiet, what I’ve told you. It’s a banned subject in Hogwarts…Dumbledore’s particularly fierce about it!

TOM
I won’t say a word sir.

He smiles and we see what looks like a flash of red in his eyes as Dumbledore grabs Harry’s shoulder and FLASH we’re back in his office.

INT. DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT (PRESENT DAY)

Dumbledore stands looking at the Pensieve for a moment in silence. Harry watches in equal silence as Dumbledore turns and starts to walk towards his desk.

DUMBLEDORE
Do you understand the significance of what we just saw Harry? Tom Riddle was doing all he could to find out how to make himself immortal.

HARRY
And do you think he succeeded sir?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes, Harry. As far as I know the most someone has split their souls were two. Four years ago I received something that gave me proof that he’d split his soul.

HARRY
What was it?

Dumbledore opens up the desk and pulls out the diary that Harry destroyed in year two and sits it on his desk.

HARRY
That’s Tom Riddle’s diary…wait…that was a Horcrux sir?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes, and now thanks to that memory we are closer to finishing off Lord Voldemort. Seven, yes, I think the idea of a seven part soul would greatly appeal to him.

He reaches into his desk again and pulls out the ring he was wearing earlier in the film and sits it on his desk aswell.

HARRY
That ring? You were wearing that when you picked me up from the Dursleys…wait…didn’t Voldemort have it on in that memory? Was it also a Horcrux?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes Harry. It belonged to his mother…it was terribly hard to find...but I did and destroyed it.

He holds up his now worse blackened hand for Harry to see. Harry stares at it for a moment and looks down at the ring.

HARRY
So if we destroy all the Horcruxes…

DUMBLEDORE
Voldemort can be killed.

Harry looks down at the ring again and slowly reaches out to touch it and SWOOSH we see flashes of Nagini, Dumbledore putting the ring on his hand and his hand slowly decaying as he does, the locket around Tom Riddle’s neck, a small CUP falling out of a woman’s hand, Tom Riddle walking down the halls of Hogwarts holding a DIADEM with a smile on his face, and the diary and SWOOSH we see Harry pull his hand back quickly as a spark shoots from the ring. Harry holds his hand in pain and Dumbledore looks down at him with a quiet look of concern.

HARRY
What just happened sir?

DUMBLEDORE
It seemed like some sort of flesh memory but that’s impossible unless.……

His eyes widen as he stares at Harry and he walks around his desk towards them.

HARRY
Sir what’s wrong.

DUMBLEDORE
Magic always leaves traces Harry…sometimes it’s something so…small….

He places his hand on Harry’s chest and pulls it back quickly. Harry looks down at his chest curiously.

HARRY
Sir…I was just thinking…even if we destroy all the Horcruxes…Voldemort is still really powerful. I’m not nearly as powerful as him.

DUMBLEDORE
You have a power the dark lord knows not Harry…

HARRY
Love? Dumbledore how can love possibly help me defeat him?

DUMBLEDORE
Love, so strong a word, and I wish you would understand just how important it is that you have it Harry. I can only hope you realize it’s importance…because only that is the key to winning against him.

Dumbledore turns his back on Harry.

DUMBLEDORE
I think I may be close to finding another Horcrux and I may need someone to accompany me to get it. I just ask one favor; from now on always keep your invisibility cloak with you Harry. Never let it out of your sight.

Dumbledore turns around and looks at Harry with a weak smile. Harry nods as the screen slowly fades.

INT. HOGWARTS-HALLWAY-NIGHT

We see Harry walking slowly down the halls of Hogwarts. He takes a seat next to a window and looks out of it. He puts his hand on his chest and sighs.

Sectumsempra:    

INT. GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting in the dark common room.

HERMIONE
So when you touched the ring you saw images of all the Horcruxes?

HARRY
Yeah...after it happened Dumbledore started acting really strange. What would cause that to happen?

HERMIONE
I’m not sure Harry. Maybe it has something to do with the connection between you and Voldemort. You can never be sure with dark magic.

HARRY
So what have you two been up too?

RON
Well Lavender dumped me when she saw me coming out of the dormitory with Hermione.

HARRY
Well you don’t mind it’s over, do you?

RON
No, it was pretty bad while she was yelling, but atleast I didn’t have to finish it

HERMIONE
Well, it was a bad night for romance all around. Ginny and Dean broke up aswell…

HARRY
Really? Why?

HERMIONE
Something silly about him always trying to help her through the portrait hole.

They look up as Ginny walks into the common room.

RON
Where have you been? What are you coming in this late for?

GINNY
None of you business Ron…what’s going on?

HARRY
You alright Ginny?

GINNY
Yeah fine…

She takes a seat next to Ron.

GINNY
I was just walking around thinking actually…ran into Draco…

HARRY
Really? Where was he?

GINNY
Leaving the seventh floor….why?

Harry looks over at Ron and Hermione and quickly grabs his bag and pulls out the Mauraders Map.

HERMIONE
Harry don’t…..

HARRY
I solemny swear that I am up to no good.

He looks into the map and smiles.

HARRY
There you are.

INT. DARK CORRIDOR/BOYS BATHROOM-NIGHT

Harry looks over his shoulder as he turns down the hall where he saw Draco’s position on the map. He pauses at the boy’s bathroom and hears crying on the inside. He slowly walks into it and we see Draco on his kneeling over the sink crying and whispering to himself.

DRACO
I can’t do this…it won’t work…he’s going to kill me…

He looks up and notices in the mirror in front of him Harry standing there. He quickly pulls out his wand and a spell flies off his wand hitting the wall beside Harry. Harry pulls out his wand and throws out a spell and Malfoy blocks it.

DRACO
I’ve had enough of your meddling Potter!

Malfoy throws another non verbal spell that Harry ducks and it explodes the toilet behind him. Harry throws a spell that Malfoy jumps out of the way of.

HARRY
So finish it then!

MALFOY
Crucio!

Harry ducks behind into a stall and narrowly avoids the curse.

HARRY
EXPELLIARMUS!

DRACO
PROTEGO!

The spell deflects back onto Harry knocking him off of his feet. Harry immediately jumps to his feet as Draco points his wand at him.

DRACO
Cruci…

HARRY
SECTUMSEMPRA!

A spell flies out of Harry’s wand that seems to do a few multiple stabs on Draco’s chest as blood shoots out of it and hits Harry in the face. He sends out a gasp and falls quickly to the ground. His breathing is heavy as blood continues to poor out of him.

HARRY
Draco…no…HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE!

The door flies open and Snape runs in. He looks at Harry and then quickly at Draco’s bloody body on the floor. He runs and kneels down to Malfoy. He pulls out his wand and starts to mutter an incantation under his breathe. The blood flow begins to stop and we see the wounds knitting themselves. He helps Malfoy up, who is slouching in pain still.

SNAPE
You need the hospital wing.

Malfoy puts his arm around Snapes neck and they begin to walk out of the bathroom.

SNAPE
And you Potter…you wait here for me.

They walk out of the door and the scene cuts to Harry staring at the mirror in the bathroom with a look of shock still in his eyes. Snape walks into the bathroom and Harry turns to face him. Snape stares at him for a moment in silence.

HARRY
I…I didn’t mean it to happen, I didn’t know what that spell did.

SNAPE
Apparently I underestimated you, Potter. Who would have thought you knew such Dark Magic? Who taught you that spell?

HARRY
I…read it somewhere.

SNAPE
Where?

HARRY
It was a library book, I can’t remember what it was called.

Snape looks into Harry’s eyes and Harry quickly looks away.

SNAPE
Bring me your schoolbag and all of your schoolbooks. All of them. Bring them to me now!

Harry stares at Snape for a moment and then walks past him and exits the bathroom. Snape continues to watch him as he leaves.

The Hiding Place:    

INT. COMMON ROOM-NIGHT-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Ron, Ginny, and Hermione still sitting around the fireplace. They look up as Harry still covered in Draco’s blood walks slowly in. Hermione gasps as Ron and Ginny jump up.

RON
Blimey Harry what happened?

HERMIONE
Harry is that blood?

HARRY
I…I need your book Ron…..

RON
Wha?

HARRY
I need your Potions book. Quick….give it to me….

RON
But what about the Half-Blood….

HARRY
I’ll explain later Ron..just…please!

Ron nods and runs up to the dorms as Harry sits down and places his head in his hands.

HERMIONE
Harry what happened? Are you hurt?

HARRY
No…Malfoy….the Prince….I need to hide my Potions book.

HERMIONE
But why….?

Ron comes back down and hands Harry his book. Harry takes it and stuffs it in his schoolbag and takes out his potions book. He stares at it for a moment as Ron, Hermione, and Ginny look on in silence. He turns around and looks at them.

HARRY
Any ideas on where I can hide this thing?

The three of them look at each other.

GINNY
I think I may know a place.

INT. SEVENTH FLOOR-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry and Ginny walking down the seventh floor hallway in silence. They stopped in front of where the Room of Requirement is.

HARRY
The Room of Requirement?

GINNY
We need a place to hide Harry’s book….

A door slowly starts to form before their eyes and once it does it opens before them. Harry and Ginny look at each other and Harry walks into the room and Ginny follows.

INT. ROOM OF REQUIREMENT-MOMENTS LATER

They pause at the sight in front of them. The room is full of things obviously hidden by past Hogwarts students. There are rows of books, damaged furniture, and various magical objects. Harry grabs Ginny’s hand and they begin to run through the room looking for a place to hide the book. Harry pauses at a large cupboard and opens it. Meanwhile Ginny continues to walk ahead of Harry and looks around the corner where she see’s a VANISHING CABINET sitting there.

HARRY
I think I’ll hide it here. Ginny do you see anything I can put on this cupboard so I can find it when I get back?

Ginny looks around and notices a TIARA sitting on top of one of the books and grabs it and walks towards Harry. Harry closes the cupboard and Ginny hands him the tiara. He quickly takes it and places it on top of the head of a bust of an old wizard.

HARRY
That way I will be able to find it.

Harry looks down at Ginny and smiles.

HARRY
Thanks so much for your help Ginny…I don’t know how much trouble I’m in but….

Ginny places a finger over Harry’s mouth. They both look into each other eyes quietly and then they slowly move into each other and begin to kiss. Ginny then backs away slowly.

GINNY
You should hurry. I’ll see you when you get back.

They stare at each other for another moment and Ginny turns and walks slowly away from Harry. He watches for a moment and the scene fades to…
INT. BOYS BATHROOM-NIGHT-MOMENTS LATER

Harry standing in front of Snape who is looking through is backpack. Snape pulls out the Potions book.

SNAPE
This is your copy of Advanced Potion-Making, is it, Potter?

HARRY
Yes.

Snape stares at Harry for another moment and Harry tries to avoid making eye contact.

SNAPE
You know what I think, Potter? I think you are a liar and a cheat and that you will pay for what you’ve done.

He hands Harry back the book and exits as we have a shot of Harry standing in the bathroom holding the book as the scene slowly fades.

The camera fades back in on a shot of Hedwig flying towards the school and we see a shot of Hogwarts.

INT. HALLWAY/COMMON ROOM-EVENING (Music Section)

We see Harry walking alone down a hallway still looking upset about what he had done. He walks into the Common Room where a few other students and Ginny are hanging out. She jumps up as Harry walks in and runs up and hugs him. They then smiles at each other and begin to kiss. Ron and Hermione walk in while this is happening and pause at the sight. Harry looks at Ron who gives a little shrug as Hermione smiles at the sight. She motions for Ron to follow her and they walk off. Harry looks back into Ginny’s eyes and begins to kiss her again.

MONTAGE/2 WEEKS

Next we see a montage of them walking around the grounds holding hands, sitting together making jokes with Ron and Seamus, eating together in the Great Hall, kissing on the bridge, and holding each other under the stars in front of the lake.

The Cave:    

INT-GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM/NIGHT

The scene then cuts to them walking together into the common room. She kisses him and runs past Ron who’s sitting on the couch. She smacks him on the head and runs upstairs.

RON
About time you two made it back.

Neville walks up to them holding a piece of parchment.

NEVILLE
This is for you Harry?

Hands the parchment to Harry

HARRY
Thanks Neville…it’s from Dumbledore! He wants me to go to his office as quick as I can!

RON
You don’t think he’s found a…

HARRY
Better go and see…but first things first…

INT. BOYS DORM-MOMENTS LATER

Harry opens his trunk and pulls out his Invisibility Cloak. He notices the Felix Felixes at the bottom of the trunk and picks it up and stares at it. He puts it in a sock and closes the trunk.

INT. COMMON ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

HARRY
Here (Throws socks at Ron)
It’s the Felix Felicis. If Dumbledore has found a you know what then you’ll be needing it. Just in case Draco tries anything. Share it between yourselves…

INT-DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

The scene cuts to Harry walking into Dumbledore’s Office.

DUMBLEDORE
Well, Harry, it seems the time has come.

HARRY
You’ve found a Horcrux sir?

DUMBLEDORE
I believe so. It would be very wrong of me not to warn you that this journey will be exceedingly dangerous. Before we go however I need you to promise me something.

Dumbledore walks up to Harry and places his hand on his shoulders.

DUMBLEDORE
Promise me that you will obey any command I might give you without question. If I say run, hide, go back you will do so

HARRY
Yes, of course.

DUMBLEDORE
If I tell you to leave me and save yourself, you will do as I tell you?

Harry stares in silence at Dumbledore for a moment before answering.

HARRY
Yes, sir.

DUMBLEDORE
Good…now do you have your invisibility cloak with you?

HARRY
Yes sir. Um can I ask sir…which Horcrux is it? Where is it?

DUMBLEDORE
I’m not sure which it is, but….

Dumbledore walks up to his desk and pulls out the drawing of the cave that young Tom Riddle drew and holds it up to Harry.

DUMBLEDORE
This is where we’re going.

The camera zooms in on the picture and then the picture slowly begins to turn into the real cave. Water is crashing beneath it and then SWOOSH Dumbledore appears. Harry takes off his invisibility cloak and they both walk into the entrance.

INT. CAVE ANTECHAMBER-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

DUMBLEDORE
Yes yes, this is the place. This is merely the antechamber, the entrance hall. We need to penetrate the inner place.

Dumbledore touches the wall in front of him mumbling under his breath.

DUMBLEDORE
Here, we go on through here. The entrance is concealed.

He takes his wand and points it at the wall and an arched outline appears with blazing light coming from behind it.

HARRY
You’ve done it!

Dumbledore says nothing but stares at the wall for a moment.

DUMBLEDORE
So crude.

Dumbledore reaches into his rob and pulls out a silver knife.

DUMBLEDORE
I think that we are required to make payment to pass… blood if I’m not mistaken.

HARRY
Blood?

DUMBLEDORE
I said it was crude. The idea is that your enemy must weaken him or herself to enter. Once again, Tom fails to grasp that there are much more terrible things than physical injury.

HARRY
Is there someway we can avoid….

DUMBLEDORE
Sometimes, things are unavoidable.

He pulls up the sleeve exposing his forearm and raises the knife.

HARRY
Professor! I’ll do it, I’m….

Dumbledore swipes the knife down and we see blood splatter on the wall. The silver arch appears on the wall again but doesn’t fade and an opening appears where inside it is completely dark.

DUMBLEDORE
You are very kind Harry, but your blood is worth more than mine. After me, Harry

INT. THE CAVE-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

Dumbledore holds up his wand as they walk into the hole. The camera pans to a wide shot of the great black lake that is in front of them. In the distance there is a faint green glow.

DUMBLEDORE
Let us walk. Be very careful not to step in the water and stay close to me.

They begin to walk across the ledge; their two wands are the only light we’re able to see. Dumbledore hand is scanning the walls as they walk.

HARRY
Do you think we’re going to have to go into the lake sir?

DUMBLEDORE
Only if we are very unfortunate. You see Harry, I think the Horcrux is in the middle.

He points towards the misty green light in the center of the lake.

HARRY
So we’re going to have to cross the lake to get to it?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes and I think I have found the thing that will get us across.

Dumbledore reaches around in mid air and as he does so moves closer to the water. He grabs his wand and taps on his fist that’s in midair and a thick green coppery chain appears out of thin air and is extended into the water from Dumbledore’s fist. He taps the chain and it begins to slide through his fist and making a soft rumble. A tiny boat soon appears above the surface moving towards them as the chain pulls it. Harry stares in shock at Dumbledore.

HARRY
Do you think the boat is safe sir?

DUMBLEDORE
I think so, Voldemort needed to create a means to cross the lake without attracting the wrath of those creatures he had placed within it in case he ever wanted to visit or remove his Horcrux.

The boat stops right in front of them.

HARRY
It doesn’t look like it was built for two people. Will it hold both of us?

DUMBLEDORE
Voldemort will not have cared about the weight, but about the amount of magical power that crossed his lake. I do not think you will count, Harry. Do you think Voldemort would expect a sixteen year old to reach this place? Now you first this time and be careful not to touch the water.

Harry stops into the boat followed by Dumbledore and the boat begins to move forward. Harry looks down into the water with his wand and a human hand appears.

HARRY
Professor! There are bodies in here!

DUMBLEDORE
Inferi Harry, but we don’t need to worry about them at the moment. There is nothing to be feared from a body any more than there is anything to be feared from the darkness. It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.

The boat gets closer to the island in the middle of the lake. There are more and more bodies in the water the closer they get and there’s a soft thud as the boat hits them.

The Drink of Despair:    

The boat comes to a halt at the island of smooth rock and both Dumbledore and Harry get out of the boat onto the island. In the middle of it stands a pedestal where the light is coming from. They both approach the basin and look into it. Inside we see a emerald liquid emitting that phosphorescent glow. Dumbledore pulls back his sleeve and stretches his fingers towards the material but meets an invisible barrier.

DUMBLEDORE
Interesting, I cannot touch it. There’s an invisible barrier.

He raises his wand and starts to do wand movements in over the basin. Nothing seems to happen as he continues to try.

HARRY
You think the Horcrux is in there, sir?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes…but how to reach it.

He waves his wand again and a crystal goblet appears in midair and he grabs it.

DUMBLEDORE
I can only conclude that this potion is supposed to be drunk. Only by drinking it can I empty the basin and see what lies in it’s depths.

HARRY
What? No! What if it kills you?

DUMBLEDORE
Voldemort would want to keep the person who reaches this island alive long enough to find out how they managed to get this far. Still, this potion must act in a way that will prevent me taking the Horcrux. Harry, it will be your job to make sure I keep drinking, even if you have to tip the potion into my mouth. You understand?

HARRY
But sir…

DUMBLEDORE
You swore to follow any command I give you did you not?

HARRY
But why can’t I drink it instead.

DUMBLEDORE
Because I’m much older, cleverer, and much less valuable. Now do I have your word?

HARRY
Couldn’t I just….

DUMBLEDORE
Your word, Harry!

Harry nods and without another word Dumbledore dips the Goblet into the substance and fills it to the brim and lifts it to his mouth. He drinks it all down as Harry watches in horror.
Dumbledore keeps his eyes closed as he dips the glass into the basin again and proceeds to drink again. Dumbledore frowns and his fingers start to lose grip of the cup. Harry grabs it and holds it steady.

HARRY
Professor?

DUMBLEDORE
I don’t want…don’t make me…don’t like…want to stop…

HARRY
You can’t stop Professor, you’ve got to keep drinking remember?

Harry frowns as he forces the rest of the drink down Dumbledore’s throat. Harry then dips the cup back into the basin and fills it up.

DUMBLEDORE
No, no, no, no, I can’t, don’t make me…make it stop…make it stop…

HARRY
This’ll make it stop

He dips the contents into Dumbledore’s mouth again and when Dumbledore swallows he lets out a scream.

DUMBLEDORE
It’s all my fault, I know I did wrong, I’ll never do it again, please make it stop. Don’t hurt them, please...hurt me instead.

HARRY
Here sir, drink this, you’ll be alright

Dumbledore obeys and drinks again as he starts to shake uncontrollably. He falls onto the ground screaming as Harry refills the cup.

DUMBLEDORE
I want to die! Make it stop…I want to die!

HARRY
Drink this Professor…

DUMBLEDORE
KILL ME! KILL ME!!

HARRY
This one will sir!

He forces the drink down Dumbledore’s throat and with a gasp he rolls over on his face in silence.

HARRY
NO!

Harry drops the cup and Harry grabs Dumbledore’s body as it lies there.

HARRY
You’re not dead, wake up...WAKE UP!
(He points his wand at Dumbledore’s chest.)
Rennervate! Sir…please…

Dumbledore’s eyelids flicker.

DUMBLEDORE
Water.

The Inferi:    

HARRY
Water...yes…(he grabs the goblet and points his wand at it.) Aquamenti!
(The goblet fills with water as Harry takes it over to Dumbledore and brought the glass to his lips, but it is empty.)
Wait...it was just in here…Aquamenti!

It fills again and as it approaches Dumbledore’s mouth disappears. Dumbledore breathing begins to fade and Harry looks around in panic. We see him run towards the lake and plunge the goblet into it and run over to Dumbledore. Harry tips the water into Dumbledore’s mouth until it is empty. He then runs to the lake again and dips the goblet. As he turns to leave he trips. The camera pans to shows a hand around one of Harry’s legs. Harry screams as it begins to pull him towards the water. The surface of the water isn’t calm anymore and the heads of men, woman, and children begin to emerge from the water. The army of Inferi start to climb onto the island from all sides moving slowly groaning loudly as if in pain.

HARRY
Petrificus Totalus!

He blasts the arm of the Inferi that was holding him and it lets go and falls into the water. Harry jumps up as the Inferi start to increase in numbers. As the Inferi crawl slowly towards him a look of horror feels Harry’s face.

HARRY
PETRIFICUS TOTALUS! IMPEDIMENTA! INCARCEROUS!

Only a few Inferi are taken out by these spells as more and more start to rise out of the water.

HARRY
SECTUMSEMPRA! SECTUMSEMPA!!!

Gashes appear in their bodies but there is no blood. They continue to walk slowly towards Harry. One crawls towards Dumbledore and Harry runs and kicks it off of him. One grabs his legs and he falls losing his wand. He screams as they begin to overtake him. One after another they pile on top of Harry as he screams out in pain! We see them covering him up and then BOOM there’s a blast of light. The Inferi are thrown from Harry and the camera pans to Dumbledore standing with his wand with a look of fury in his eyes.

DUMBLEDORE
Come to me Harry!

Harry grabs his wand and runs to Dumbledore. Dumbledore casts another bright powerful spell at a few inferi as dozens more begin to slowly pile onto the island. The Inferi are tossed back as Dumbledore grabs Harry’s arm and pulls him close to him. Dumbledore raises his wand and there is a loud rumble and a ring of fire emerges from Dumbledore’s wand and surrounds him and Harry. Some Inferi are caught by the fire ring and moans in agony as its body is burned slowly. We see the Inferi bumping into each other blindly and some cowering away from the flame. Dumbledore reaches into the basin and pulls out locket from within. The flame starts to move faster around them and the camera pans out to show we can’t see Harry or Dumbledore because the fire has formed a sort of cocoon around them. There’s a second of silence and BOOM the cocoon explodes outward knocking out a lot of the Inferi. They all crawl into the water and Dumbledore collapses.

HARRY
Sir...I forgot about fire…they were coming and I panicked…

DUMBLEDORE
That’s understandable…I am weak….

Harry helps Dumbledore into the boat and it starts to move towards the shore on its own.

DUMBLEDORE
I must say…the protection was well designed. One alone could not have done it…you did very well Harry.

The boat comes to a THUD and Harry jumps out the boat and helps Dumbledore out.

HARRY
Lumos!

Harry’s wand lights up and they walk along the shore. Dumbledore hand slowly follows the wall of the cave and he stops.

DUMBLEDORE
It is here. Looks like the gateway sealed itself again, my knife….

HARRY
There’s no need, I got cut on the rock. Just tell me where…

DUMBLEDORE
Here…

Harry wipes his forearm against the stone and the barrier is opened and they pass through it.

INT. CAVE ANTECHAMBER-NIGHT

HARRY
It’s going to be all right sir…I can Appartate us both back….don’t worry…

DUMBLEDORE
Ah Harry, I’m not worried. I am with you.

Draco's Decision:    

EXT. HOGESMEADE-NIGHT (SECONDS LATER)

There is a shot of an empty street in Hogsmeades and then SWOOSH Harry and Dumbledore appear on the street.

HARRY
We did it sir! We got the Horcrux.

Dumledore leans against the wall.

DUMBLEDORE
Severus, I need Severus.

HARRY
Alright sir…rest here I’ll go get him.

Harry walks from behind the building and stops in his steps. Dumbledore notices this.

DUMBLEDORE
Harry?

HARRY
Sir I think you should see this….

Dumledore walks slowly from around the building and the camera pans upwards towards Hogwarts and we see that the Dark Mark is floating over the school.

The scene cuts to Harry and Dumbledore flying towards the castle. We see Dumbledore close his eyes and mutter an incantation and we see them pass through the barrier around Hogwarts. They land on the Astronomy Tower right under the mark.

EXT. ASTRONOMY TOWER-NIGHT

HARRY
Do you think that’s a real mark Professor, there’s no body…Professor?

DUMBLEDORE
Go and wake Severus Harry, tell him what happened and bring him to me.

HARRY
But sir…

DUMBLEDORE
You swore to obey me Harry…go!

Harry puts on his Invisibility Cloak and runs towards the door and freezes as he hears footsteps coming up them.

DUMBLEDORE
Get away from there Harry.

Harry backs up and we see Dumbledore point his wand at Harry and he falls back frozen just as we see someone run through the door and yell ‘Expellearmus’ and watches Dumbledore’s wand fly over the edge of the tower. We see a shot of the person from behind and we see Dumbledore’s face over their shoulder.

DUMBLEDORE
Well, Good Evening Draco.

The camera shifts showing a shot of Draco with his wand pointing at Dumbledore.

DRACO
Who else is here?

DUMBLEDORE
A question I might ask you. Or are you acting alone?

DRACO
No, I’ve got backup. There are Death Eaters here in your school tonight. They’re having a fight down below with some of your guards…I came on ahead. I’ve got a job to do…

Draco holds his wand firmly and Dumbledore slouches against the edge of the building, obviously weak and there is a shot of Harry struggling to move underneath the cloak.

DUMBLEDORE
Draco, you are not a killer.

DRACO
How do you know? You don’t know what I’ve done!

DUMBLEDORE
Yes, I do. You almost killed Katie Bell and Ronald Weasley in an attempt to kill me. Forgive me, but they have been feeble attempts…so tell me how you managed to get them into my school.

DRACO
I had to mend that broken Vanishing Cabinet that no one’s used for years. There is a pair of them, one here and one in Borgin and Burkes and there’s a passage between them. If the passage is fixed…

DUMBLEDORE
Then it’s a one-way trip to Hogwarts straight from Knockturn Alley…Ingenious.

DRACO
Yes, I know!

DUMBLEDORE
You didn’t think you were going to succeed in mending the cabinet were you? You had to resort to crude measures such as sending me a cursed necklace that was bound to reach the wrong hands…poisoning mead there was only the slightest chance I might drink….

DRACO
You didn’t realize it was me!

DUMBLEDORE
I was sure it was you. I’ve had Professor Snape watching over you…

DRACO
He hasn’t been doing your orders, he promised my mother! He’s a double agent!

DUMBLEDORE
Well it so happens that I trust Professor Snape….

DRACO
You’re losing your grip! He wants all the glory to himself, Snape. He’s been trying to help me all year, but I wouldn’t let him. He won’t be the Dark Lords favorite after tonight…

DUMBLEDORE
So Draco let us discuss your options…

DRACO
My Options! I’m standing here with a wand…I’m about to kill you…

DUMBLEDORE
My dear boy, if you were going to kill me, you would have done it when you first disarmed me.

DRACO
I haven’t got any options! I’ve got to do it! He’ll kill me! He’ll kill my whole family!

DUMBLEDORE
Come over to the right side Draco, we can hide you more completely than you can possibly imagine. You and your mother, and when the times comes your father. You are not a killer…

The door bursts open and Bellatrix, ALECTO, AMYCUS, AND GREYBACK all enter and stand behind Draco all smiling.

BELLATRIX
Dumbledore’s cornered, wandless, and alone! Well done, Draco!

DUMBLEDORE
Good evening, Bellatrix, and you’ve brought Alecto and Amycus aswell. Charming. And is that you Fenrir?

GREYBACK
That’s right, pleased to see me, Dumbledore.

DUMBLEDORE
I am a little shocked that Draco here invited you into the school where his friends live…

DRACO
I didn’t…I didn’t know he was going to come….

GREYBACK
I wouldn’t miss a trip to Hogwarts Dumbledore, not when there are throats to be ripped out and I could do you for afters, Dumbledore!

AMYCUS
Look at him. What has happened to the great Dumbledore? Looks like a weak fool to me. I don’t even know why the Dark Lord’s bothering to kill yer! Come on Draco, do it!

Draco tries to point his wand but it is shaken to furiously.

GREYBACK
I’ll do it!

BELLATRIX
No! He must do it!

The door bursts open and in runs Snape. Harry’s eyes lighten with a slight look of excitement as Snape runs up to the Death Eaters, Draco, and Dumbledore with his wand at the ready.

AMYCUS
We’ve got a problem Snape, the boy doesn’t seem able…

DUMBLEDORE
Severus….

Snape pushed Draco out of the way and stares down at Dumbledore.

DUMBELDORE
Severus…please…

Snape points his wand down at Dumbledore.

SNAPE
Avada Kadavra!

The jet of green light comes from his wand knocking Dumbledore back and over the edge of the tower.

Flight of the Prince:    

SNAPE
Out of here, quickly.

He grabs Malfoy and they both walk out through the door. Bellatrix, Greyback, Alecto, and Amycus all start to exit. Harry is now able to move so he jumps up from his cloak and points his wand at Amycus back.

HARRY
Petrificus Totalus!

EXT. FOOT OF TOWER/HOGWARTS GROUNDS

Amycus body becomes rigid and falls as Harry runs and jumps over it down the stairs after Snape and Draco. We see him run out of the tower into the ongoing battle that’s below. We see McGonagall, Neville, Ginny, Tonks, Lupin, Ron, Hermione, and Luna fighting against a group of Death Eaters. Alecto is throwing spells at Ginny but they seem to just bounce off of her.

ALECTO
You can’t dance forever pretty..Crucio..Cruico!!!!

HARRY
Impedimenta!

The spell hits Amycus in the chest and he is lifted off the ground and slammed into a wall.

GINNY
HARRY LOOK OUT!!

Harry turns as Greyback picks him up and throws him across the grounds. He runs towards Harry with swift force and jumps on top of him..

GREYBACK
I’ve always wanted to take a bite of the famous...Harry...Potter…

He opens his mouth to take a bite and then BOOM he is blown off. The camera pans to show Lupin standing there.

LUPIN
Go Harry!

Harry nods and runs off as Greyback and Lupin battle.

GREYBACK
Ah! Is that little Remus Lupin! My how you’ve grown!

They continue to throw spells at each other as Harry runs to Ginny who’s fighting off another Death Eater.

HARRY
Petrificus Totalus!

The Death Eater is frozen and falls to the ground.

HARRY
Ginny, did you see Snape and Malfoy?

GINNY
Yeah they went that way but Harry….

He gets up and starts to run towards the castle. He starts to run full speed dodging spells as they fly all around him. He notices Hermione fighting a Death Eater. She stuns him but another comes up behind her but before he can attack Ron jumps in his path and BAM blows the Death Eater back into the wall. Hermione quickly turns around and gives a smile at Ron. Harry notices Neville on the ground about to be attacked by Bellatrix up ahead.

BELLATRIX
Time for me to finish what I started with your parents!

Harry runs and pushes her out of the way before she can cast the spell.

BELLATRIX
Meddling again are you Potter? Well this time Dumbledore won’t show up to rescue you will he?

There is a loud BOOM and we see Bellatrix thrown back. Harry looks over and see’s Tonks with her wand pointed and she gives him a quick smile and gestures for him and Neville to get out of the way. Bellatrix lets out a scream of rage as she starts throwing spells at Tonks. As they battle Harry helps Neville out of the way and sits him down on one of the benches.

HARRY
Are you ok…?

NEVILLE
Fine…go!

Harry nods and looks up and see’s Snape and Draco running across the bridge towards Hagrids.

EXT. THE BRIDGE/STONEHEDGE/HAGRIDS HUT

The scene cuts to Harry running fast across the bridge. Once he exits there is a BOOM and we see Hagrid’s Hut catch on fire.

HARRY
HAGRID!!!

Harry starts to run towards the cabin when a spell hits him in his back knocking him over. We see him grab his wand and just as he spins around yells

HARRY
Impedimenta!

The spell hits one of the two death eaters that are behind him and Harry gets up and begins to run towards Hagrids cabin. He see’s Hagrid facing off against a Death Eater and we now see Snape and Draco still running.

HARRY
Stupefy!

The spell misses Snape and he stops.

SNAPE
Run Draco.

Draco runs off as Snape turns around to face Harry. They’re about twenty yards apart from each other.

HARRY
Cruc…

Snape waves his hand and Harry is thrown backwards off his feet.

SNAPE
No Unforgivable Curses from you Potter! You haven’t got the nerve or the ability…

HARRY
FIGHT BACK!!! FIGHT BACK YOU COWARDLY…

SNAPE
Coward, did you call me, Potter? Your father would never attack me unless it was four on one, what would you call him, I wonder?

HARRY
STUPE…

SNAPE
Blocked again and again and again until you learn to keep your mouth shut and your mind closed, Potter!

He looks up as Bellatrix runs up behind Harry.

SNAPE
Now come! It is time to be gone, before the Ministry turns up…

HARRY
Impedi…

BELLATRIX
Crucio!

Harry falls on the ground shaking in pain.

SNAPE
No!

She cancels the curse and looks angrily at Snape

SNAPE
Have you forgotten our orders? Potter belongs to the Dark Lord…. we are to leave him. Go! Go!

Bellatrix laughs as she runs off as Harry lets out a scream of rage. He pushes himself up and points his wand at Snape.

HARRY
Sectum…!

Snape flicks his wand and the spell is repelled knocking the wand from Harry hand.

SNAPE
No, Potter! You dare use my own spells against me? It was I who invented them.

HARRY
You!?!

SNAPE
Yes Harry, I am the Half Blood Prince. I knew you were using my old potions book the moment you used the spell on Draco. Where did you hide the book Potter?

Harry runs for his wand and Snape shoots a spell at it knocking it further away.

HARRY
Kill me then, kill me like you killed him, you coward…

SNAPE
DON’T…CALL ME A COWARD

He points his wand at Harry and a Death Eater runs from behind the flames.

DEATH EATER
The Ministry is closing in lets go Snape…LET’S GO!

SNAPE
Until next time Potter…

Snape points his wand at Harry and we see a flash of light as a cut swipes across Harry’s face knocking him backwards and onto the ground. The scene fades to black…

Harry's New Mission:    

EXT. HAGRIDS HUT- NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

HAGRID (O.S.)
Harry…Harry…

As Harry opens his eyes we see Hagrid pop into view.

HAGRID
Yeh all righ’? Speak ter me, Harry…

HARRY
I’m all right…are you?

HAGRID
Course I am…take more’n that ter finish me.

He helps Harry up and Harry looks to see Hagrids house burnt down with still a few fires burning.

HAGRID
S’not too bad, Nothin Dumbledore won’ be able to put righ…

HARRY
Hagrid…

HAGRID
What happened up thur Harry? I jus’ saw them Death Eaters runnin’ down from the castle, but what the ruddy hell was Snape doin with ‘em? Where’s he gone…was he chasin’ them?

HARRY
He…he killed…

HAGRID
Killed? Snape kiled? What’re yeh on abou’ Harry?

HARRY
Snape killed…Dumbledore

Harry looks up and we see a shot of the Dark Mark over the tower.

EXT. FOOT OF ASTRONOMY TOWER-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

The scene cuts to Harry walking towards a crowd of students and teachers standing on the foot of the tower, most of them are in tears. He and Hagrid move slowly through the crowd of people. When they make it to the front the camera pans to a shot of Dumbledore lying on the ground with his arms and legs stretched out. Harry falls to his knees and begins to cry. We see a shot of Hagrid falling to his knees and crying helplessly. Harry looks up and next to his body is the object that Dumbledore got out of the cave. Harry grabs it and opens it revealing a sheet of parchment. Harry takes it out and opens it and the camera pans over his shoulder so the audience can read what it says. We then hear a voiceover being read.

REGULUS BLACK (V.O.)
To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B.

Harry crumbles the paper in his hands and looks down at Dumbledore’s fallen body. He notices Dumbledore’s wand laying next to him and picks it up and stares at it. Tears start falling down his eyes as the camera pans back to show everyone standing around Harry and the scenes slowly fades to black.

INT. HOSPITAL WARD-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

The scene fades back in with a torn Harry walking into the hospital ward. We see Neville asleep on the bed and Hermion, Luna, Tonks, McGonnagall, and Lupin are sitting there. Ginny jumps up as Harry walks in.

HARRY
Is anyone else…dead?

GINNY
No…

She runs up to Harry and hugs him.

GINNY
Oh Harry, if we hadn’t had your Felix potion, I think we’d all be dead. Ron gave it to me, Hermione, Luna, and Neville. We all went to the Room of Requirement after you left just in case and saw the Death Eaters leaving the room. We alerted McGonnagall who contacted a few Order members and this battle broke out.

HARRY
I’m glad you all are okay.

RON
Where’s Dumbledore Harry? I’m sure he could’ve caught all those Death Eaters easily.

GINNY
Ron…Dumbledore….

LUPIN
What is it Ginny?

HARRY
He’s dead.

Lupin jumps up in a state of shock

LUPIN
No! It can’t be! How….how….

HARRY
Snape killed him. I was under the Invisibility Cloak, he immobilized me. Malfoy came through the door and disarmed him. More death eaters arrived, and then Snape. Snape did the Avada Kadavra.

McGONNAGELL
Snape? I…can’t believe it…but he trusted…

TONKS
Dumbledore swore he was on our side…

McGONNAGALL
I…I don’t understand…

HARRY
What’s not to understand? This whole year Snape has been trying to help Draco. Don’t you see? Those attacks…all of them were Draco attempting to get to Dumbledore because he was afraid he couldn’t fix that Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirements. This whole time I knew Draco was up to something…

GINNY
Vanishing Cabinet? Harry I think I saw it.

INT-ROOM OF REQUIREMENT-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to all of them standing in front of the Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement.

LUPIN
I think only one thing can be done at this point.

Lupin points his wand at the Cabinet and BOOM it’s destroyed. They all stare at it for a moment before they all turn around and walk slowly out of the room.

INT. SEVENTH FLOOR-MOMENTS LATER

As they all continue to walk Harry pauses and looks out of the window. He see’s Fawkes sitting there on the ledge. A tear falls from Fawkes eye and he flies off. There is a wide shot of the school as Fawkes circles it paying his homage to Dumbledore.

INT. DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT

The scene then shows a shot of Dumbledore’s office. Everything is as he left it, well except for one thing. The camera pans up and we see a painting of Dumbledore on the wall, asleep along with the other Headmasters and Headmistresses of the school.

The scene fades to black.

EXT. THE BLACK LAKE-EVENING

The scene fades back in on a WHITE MARBLE TOMB. There are numerous flowers around Dumbledore’s tomb and the camera pans back to show Harry sitting a flower on top of it. He sighs and clutches the locket he now wears around his neck as Ginny walks up behind him and takes his hand at they both walk away.

EXT. BRIDGE-MOMENTS LATER

Harry and Ginny are both looking out of the bridge together. Harry sighs and turns to look at her.

HARRY
Ginny…I….we…I can’t be involved with you anymore.

GINNY
It’s for some stupid, nobil reason, isn’t it?

HARRY
It’s been like something out of someone else’s life, these last few weeks with you. But…I’ve got things to do alone now. Voldemort used people his enemies are close to. Think how much danger you’ll be in if we keep this up, he’ll try to get to me through you.

GINNY
What if I don’t care?

HARRY
But I do, about you. How do you think I’d feel if you died?

She stares at him for a moment.

GINNY
I never really gave up on you. Hermione told me if I go with some other people, maybe you would notice me a bit more…

HARRY
I just wish I’d asked you sooner. We could’ve had age’s…months…

GINNY
But you’ve been to busy saving the Wizarding world. I knew this would happen in the end. I knew that you wouldn’t be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that’s why I like you so much.

Harry smiles and Ginny kisses him on the cheek and walks away.

EXT. HILLSIDE-EVENING

The scene cuts to Harry walking along a hillside where we can see Dumbledore’s tomb and Hogwarts in the distance. He kicks a rock and stands as the sun begins to set. Ron and Hermione slowly walk up behind him. They stand on each side of him in silence for a moment.

HARRY
I’m not coming back to Hogwarts next year. I’m going back to the Dursley’s once more, because Dumbledore wanted me to. But it’ll be a short visit, and then I’ll be gone for good.

HERMIONE
But where will you go if you don’t come back to school?

HARRY
I can visit my parent’s graves; I’d like that. Then I’ve got to track down the rest of the Horcruxes, haven’t I ? That’s what he wanted me to do. Then I go after Voldemort and if I meet Snape along the way, so much better for me, so much worse for him.

There is another brief silence amongst them.

RON
We’ll go with you wherever you’re going.

HARRY
What? No you don’t have too…

HERMIONE
You said to us once before that there was time to turn back if we wanted too. We’ve had time, haven’t we?

RON
We’re with you for whatever happens mate.

Harry smiles as he puts his arms around them both as they start to walk back towards the castle. The camera slowly backs away from them and off showing a shot of Hogwarts and the sunset. The screen fades to black and end credits begin.

Well there you have it. My last draft of HBP is consolidated for anyone who wants to read it.

Going through it there's ALOT I would change now. I remember having a hard time with the battle at the end and now I love the idea of cutting it all together Also I wouldn't of had Ginny and Harry get together because they honestly took up more room than I had for this one.

Consider this the unedited version because I did change alot afterwards but oh well. Soon we'll be seeing the actual film and I can't wait! Now I'm off to do DH2

"In my life I have seen things that are unimaginably
horrific. I know now...you will see worse."
Sponsored Links