Sirius Black and Remus Lupin were spending a quiet afternoon at Number 12, Grimmauld Place. Remus had just introduced Sirius to Muggle chess because he was tired and had a headache, and Sirius got far too loud and competitive while playing Wizard Chess. Things weren’t going as Remus had planned, Sirius kept suggesting ways to liven up the game, all of which were hair raising and which Remus firmly declined. Sirius however was indomitable, and his latest brainstorm was to stop playing from the sidelines and step firmly on to the court.
“You leave me with no choice Moony, you aren’t letting me direct my troops the way I want so I have no option but to show them how it’s done. Besides, this might be the only way I can get any battle action, what with Dumbledore’s orders to stay firmly ensconced indoors while the rest of you risk your lives out there for my Godson!”
Remus sighed. Sirius had hit paydirt. He couldn’t say no to that, and definitely not when Sirius was looking at him with those beseeching Padfoot eyes.
“Fine, I’ll get the Wizard chess set.”
“No no no Moony my dear mate, I have a better idea. Why don’t we make life interesting for these little people?”
He waved his wand, and the white pieces came to life and began scuttling around the board.
“Your turn Moons”. He grinned.
Looking resigned, Remus waved his wand and the black pieces came to life as well.
“Wait! One more thing Moony. I want to be in on the battle! A knight should do, don’t you think? And I assume you’ll want to be a Bishop?”
“Oh come on Moony, hurry up! I’m dying to start. Transfigure me into a knight so I can get on that horse!”
“What Padfoot, have you lost your mind? I’m doing no such thing!”
“Oh come on, it’ll be just like McGonagall’s giant chess set, remember? You were always so fascinated by it! Don’t be a wuss, or are you afraid you won’t be able to beat me this way?”
“As if! We both know who always wins at chess Padfoot! Or have you forgotten our last encounter with McGonagall’s chess set?”
“I haven’t forgotten but I do think you haven’t got those reflexes anymore. Face it Moony boy, you’re getting old. Tsk tsk.”
“Old, am I?”
There was a steely glint in Remus’s eye as he raised his wand.
There was a flash of light and Sirius’s head was on a white pawn.
“Aaaaaaargh &%$@&$%^&^#% Moony, I said Knight!!!”
| ||To achieve this effect I used MS Paint.|
1. Found a suitable picture of Sirius Black and cropped it to optimum size. This is the picture used.
2. Copied the picture of Sirius’s head into the picture of the white pawn.
3. Dragged it to where the head ought to be.
4. Drew a black circle around Sirius’s head using the Brush tool.
5. Entered the words using the Text Tool.
6. Edited the text to a suitable size and font.
7. Drew an oval around the text to make it look like a speech bubble using the Ellipse tool.
8. Drew two arms for Sirius in black, and a wand in brown using the Brush tool.
9. Using the Airbrush tool, sprayed some yellow paint at the end of the wand.
10. Selected the edges of the picture and cropped to make the final image adhere to requirements.
11. Repeated step 10 as once wasn’t enough.