Old August 9th, 2009, 2:47 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

HBP - first private lesson after the Burrow attack:

INT. HOGWARTS - DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE - NIGHT

(Harry enters Dumbledore's office)

DUMBLEDORE
Harry, I'm glad to see you again.

(Cut to Harry sitting in a chair in front of Dumbledore's desk.)

DUMBLEDORE
I heard you had a tough holiday at the Burrow.

HARRY
I feel it's my fault that...

DUMBLEDORE
That it burned down? No, Harry, the fault was mine. I made a mistake by giving you permission to stay there. You are after all the chosen one, Harry.

HARRY
I don't get this. Why me? How can I kill the darkest wizard of all time?

DUMBLEDORE
Harry, you have the power Voldemort has not. You can love.

HARRY
Wow, I can love. Great.

DUMBLEDORE
Do not underestimate this.

HARRY
How can love stop him?

DUMBLEDORE
Voldemort fears love. When he possessed you last year and felt all your love, he couldn't handle it. He left your body as the weakest one and decided to never more penetrate your mind. He has to use other ways to get to you. You have got a really good change to beat him, Harry, especially now when you know his weakness.

HARRY
The prophecy said that one of us has to kill the other. I have not got much of a choice, have I?

DUMBLEDORE
The prophecy only matters because Voldemort acted on it, nothing more. He heard about a boy with powers he didn't know. You. He wanted to kill you, and is still trying to, because he fears you. If he didn't act he wouldn't had disappeared, your parents would be alive and you would be an ordinary boy. Nothing could've stopped him. Don't you understand? It's just a stupid prophecy. Not all, nor half of the prophecies you saw in the ministry have come true. You've got a choice, Harry. You don't need to act if you don't want to.

HARRY
But I want to act. He killed my parents, he killed Cedric and Sirius. Of course I want to kill him.

DUMBLEDORE
As I thought. I'll do my best to help you. Now, let me show you a new memory.

Please leave feedback I need to improve this.

This scene establish Harry's feeling about being the chosen one and it explains the prophecy properly.

When it comes to the character who over-heard the prophecy and told it to Voldemort (i.m. Snape), I mean they can explain that in the seven film. Otherwise it would be too much information given in one scene.

Last edited by Noldus; September 29th, 2009 at 6:11 pm.
Sponsored Links