View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:34 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Alright folks here is my Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows one shot. I'm not done yet but I might as well get some of it up here. Let me know what you think.

The Dark Lord Ascending:    

The WB logo slowly comes towards the screen through dark clouds. Lightening flashes and breaks off pieces of the logo as the camera passes through the symbol. The camera descends out of the clouds over the village of GODRICS HALLOW. The camera closes in on a DARK FIGURE walking along the dark street. The word’s 17 years ago appear on the screen.

EXT. GODRICS HOLLOW-17 YEARS AGO-NIGHT

The hooded figure stops and stares at a house in front of him. We see a close up of his eyes as he smiles. Inside we see JAMES POTTER playing with a baby HARRY POTTER. He’s flying him through the air. LILY POTTER walks into the frame and kisses James and takes Harry. James kisses Harry and Lily exits. The figure pulls his hood back and it is VOLDEMORT. He reaches out and slowly opens the gate and continues forward. He points his wand at the door and BOOM it flies open.

INT. GODRICS HALLOW-POTTER HIDING PLACE-NIGHT

As he steps into the house JAMES POTTER runs into the hallway.

JAMES
Lily, take Harry and go! It’s him! Go! Run! I’ll hold him off!

James pulls out his wand and BOOM Voldemort knocks it out of his hand.

JAMES
LILY!!!

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kadavra!

BOOM the spell hits James and he falls to the floor dead. We hear baby Harry crying upstairs. Voldemort looks up and leaps up the stairs in one motion. He walks towards the closed bedroom door. He points his wand at a closed door and BOOM it flies open. Inside is LILY POTTER who is holding her son. At the sight of Voldemort she puts Harry into the crib and stands in front of him.

LILY
Not Harry, please not Harry!

VOLDEMORT
Stand aside, you silly girl…stand aside now…

LILY
Not Harry, please…kill me instead….

VOLDEMORT
This is my last warning….

LILY
Have mercy…please…I’ll do anything….

VOLDEMORT
Stand aside, girl!

LILY
No!

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kadavra!

BOOM a green light shoots out and hits Lily. She falls to the floor dead. Voldemort then slowly walks up to the baby who is looking up at him. He points his wand at Harry’s head.

VOLDEMORT
It has been foretold that you would be the one to defeat me Harry Potter and I am here to make sure that it is not so. Avada Kadavra!

SWOOSH the spell backfires turning Voldemort into nothing more than dust. He screams out in pain as the house around him starts to collapse. The dust flies out of the house screaming as the walls around start to tumble. We see the baby laying down as if he’s dead in the crip. The screen goes black.

EXT. GODRICS HALLOW

HAGRID (O.S.)
I hear sumin’…over der!

The scene cuts to HAGRID tossing aside the rubble. We hear a baby crying. He pulls back a large board that’s over the crib. He looks down and gently lifts the baby out of it.

HAGRID
Is alri little one…yer safe. I won’ let anything happen to yer.

The baby curls up in Hagrids arm. Hagrid smiles as he wipes the dirt off of Harry’s face.

HAGRID
Lil’ Harry’s okay Dumbledore!

The camera pans over to show ALBUS DUMBLEDORE walking up to Harry. He places his hand on Harry and runs his finger across the lightening bolt scar on his head. His eyes widen and he looks up at Hagrid. The camera pans back upwards towards the sky.

MCGONAGALL (O.S.)
This boy will be famous; there won’t be a wizard in our world that won’t know his name.

We see a newspaper flying in the wind. It flies towards the camera and BOOM slams into it. On the cover we see a picture of Harry when he’s 11. The caption reads ‘THE BOY WHO LIVED’ The page turns to show him standing in front of OLLIVANDER. Harry takes the wand and a wind blows. The page turns to show Harry standing in front of the MIRROR OF ERISED. The page turns to show Harry stabbing TOM RIDDLE’S diary. The page then turns to show Harry and Sirius at Hogwarts. The page turns again to show Harry and Voldemort during Prior Incantatum in the graveyard. The page then turns to show Harry standing in the Ministry of Magic with photographers all around him. Dumbledore walks up behind him and places his arm around him and the caption reads ‘HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED RETURNS’ The page turns again to show Harry hiding under the Astronomy Tower. We see SEVERUS SNAPE hit Dumbledore with a spell knocking him off the tower. The page turns again to show a WHITE TOMB on the cover and the headline reads ‘DUMBLEDORE LAID TO REST ON HOGWARTS GROUNDS’ All of a sudden the fire begins to surround the newspaper. As it burns we see Voldemort’s face behind it. The camera pans back to show him sitting in front of a table.

INT. MALFOY MANOR-NIGHT-PRESENT DAY

VOLDEMORT
17 years it’s been since that night. Years of failure on my part but now I know what must be done. It is I who must destroy Harry Potter once and for all.

The camera shifts to show a group of Death Eaters sitting down the long table including Snape, BELLATRIX LESTRANGE, DRACO MALFOY, NARCISSA MALFOY, LUCIUS MALOY, YAXLEY, WORMTAIL, DOLOHOV, and a few other death eaters all looking towards the head of the table at Voldemort.

VOLDEMORT
Any news on the boy Severus?

SNAPE
Yes my lord. The Order of the Phoenix intends to move Harry Potter from his current place of safety on Saturday at nightfall.

BELLATRIX
Do you honestly believe him my lord? I know Snape killed Dumbledore but I still don’t trust him…

VOLDEMORT
What better proof do I need that Severus does indeed serve me? Do you question my judgment Bellatrix?

BELLATRIX
No my lord…never….

VOLDEMORT
Good. Where do we lie within the Ministry Yaxley?

YAXLEY
We have several people planted within the Department of Magical Transport. If Potter Apparates or uses the Floo Network, we shall know immediately.

SNAPE
He will not do either. The Order is eschewing any form of transport that is controlled or regulated by the Ministry; they mistrust everything to do with that place.

Voldemort looks over at Lucius who looks away nervously. Narcissa holds onto his arm tightly and Draco is looking down.

VOLDEMORT
Why do the Malfoys look so unhappy? Is my return, my rise to power, not the very thing they professed to desire for so many years?

LUCIUS
Of course, my Lord. We did desire it….we do….

BELLATRIX
My Lord…it is an honor to have you here, in our family’s house. There can be no higher pleaser.

VOLDEMORT
That means a great deal, Bellatrix, from you.

She smiles at him with a look of longing in her eyes and we hear a whimper from the person rotating above the table.

VOLDEMORT
Wormtail! Have I spoken to you about keeping our guest quiet?

WORMTAIL
Yes…my…my…Lord….

The camera pans up to show CHARITY BABAGE rotating above the table. Tears are running from her eyes and she hangs suspended by what seems to be an invisible rope.

VOLDEMORT
Do you recognize our guest Severus? Draco? This is of course one of the teachers at Hogwarts…she taught the course…ah Muggle Studies am I correct?

He looks over at Draco who nods slightly and a smile draws across Voldemorts face.

CHARITY BURBAGE
Severus…please….please….

The camera now shows NAGINI slowly slithering past everyone’s feet. Voldemort reaches out his hand and she begins to slither up his arms and rests on his shoulder. We hear Nagini say something in parseltongue and the smile on Voldemorts face grows wider.

VOLDEMORT
It seems Nagini is hungry….

He looks up at Charity and smiles and tears start to fall quickly from her eyes. Voldemort points his wand at Burbage.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kadavra!

The scene cuts to a outside shot of MALFOY MANOR. We see a flash of green out of one of the windows. The camera quickly turns upwards and passes through the cloud. The title ‘HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS’ appear in the clouds. The camera passes through the title the clouds slowly dissolve and focus on HARRY POTTER’S eyes.

The Dursley's Departed:    

EXT. HOGWARTS GROUNDS-EVENING-(DREAM SEQUENCE)

There is a white FLASH and now we see Harry walking slowly, in a dreamlike state, forward holding Dumbledore’s WAND. There are two rows of people on each side of him. Harry continues to look ahead but we see RON, HERMIONE, LUPIN, TONKS, MR.WEASLEY, MRS. WEASLEY, FRED, GEORGE, LUNA, NEVILLE, MCGONAGALL, FLITWICK, HAGRID and GINNY all watch him in silence as he walks through them. The camera shifts to show that ahead of him is Dumbledore’s body in a white coffin. Harry walks up to the coffin and looks down at it. He places the wand between Dumbledore’s folded hands. Harry steps back as a strong wind begins to blow. The coffin slowly closes itself then BOOM an image of a PHOENIX forms around the WHITE TOMB. BOOM the image of the Phoenix flies off into the sky. All of a sudden it begins to rain. Harry turns around and everyone seems to be gone. Dark clouds quickly begin to form over the sky. Slowly everything goes dark and all that is seen is the White Tomb. Harry turns towards it and standing between him and the tomb is Voldemort. Harry begins to do the neck twitch as Voldemort smiles at him pointing his wand at Harry.

VOLDEMORT
It ends now Harry Potter. Avada Kadavra!

There is a green FLASH and

INT. DURSLEY’S HOME-HARRY’S BEDROOM-NIGHT

Harry’s eyes open. Harry, panting hard and sweating, reaches for his glasses. It was just a nightmare. He sits on the edge of his bed in silence. We hear a hoot and Harry looks over at HEDWIG’S cage.

HARRY
Another bad dream Hedwig. It seems like I’m having them more and more lately.

Harry looks over and stares at the FAKE LOCKET on his desk. He picks it up and opens it pulling out the letter inside. Harry begins to read it.

REGULUS (V.O.)
To the Dark Lord, I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B.

Harry folds the note and places it back in the fake locket and sighs.

HARRY
Who is this R.A.B. Hedwig? You don’t really care do you? You just want to get out of that bloody cage.

Harry walks over and strokes Hedwig on her beak. He then turns and looks around his room. All of his belongings are packed and the room is bare.

HARRY
It’s going to be kind of weird not coming back here every summer.

UNCLE VERNON (O.S.)
HARRY POTTER!

Harry sighs and walks out of his room.

INT. THE DURSLEYS-LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

Harry walks down the stairs and the camera pans over to show VERNON, PETUNIA, AND DUDLEY DURSLEY standing in the living room with all their bags packed.

VERNON
I’ve decided I don’t believe a word of it. We’re staying here!

HARRY
This is for your own good Uncle Vernon. Once I’m seventeen, the protective charm that Dumbledore put on this house will break and that exposes you as well as me. You’ve got to go into hiding and the Order wants to help. You’re being offered serious protection….

VERNON
But what about my work? What about Dudley’s school? I don’t suppose those things matter to a bunch of layabout wizards….

HARRY
Don’t you understand? They will torture and kill you…

VERNON
Petunia and I have decided that we are staying….

DUDLEY
Dad…I’m going with these Order people.

They all look over at Dudley and Harry gives him a slight smile as we hear a knock on the door. Harry opens the door and in walks HESTIA and DEDALUS.

HESTIA
Harry Potter!

DEDALUS
An honor, as ever!

HARRY
Thanks…come on in. Well here they are. My aunt, uncle, and cousin….

DEDALUS
Good day to you, Harry Potter relatives!

HESTIA
So is everything ready to go?

The Dursleys all grab their bags in that are sitting in the hallway.

VERNON
Well, this is good-bye, then, boy.

PETUNIA
Ready, Diddy?

She looks at Dudley who is staring at Harry.

VERNON
Come along, then….

DUDLEY
I don’t understand. Why isn’t Harry coming with us? Where is he going to go?

Vernon and Petunia both look at each other nervously.

HESTIA
Surely you must know where your nephew is going?

HARRY
They don’t know anything about me…they think I’m a waste of space but I’m used to….

DUDLEY
I don’t think you’re a waste of space. You saved my life….

Everyone looks up at Dudley with shock in their eyes.

VERNON
Are we going or not? I thought we were on a tight schedule.

DEDALUS
That we are! We really must be off. Good luck Harry Potter. I hope we meet again. The hopes of the Wizarding world rest upon your shoulders.

HESTIA
Farewell, Harry, our thoughts go with you.

They all begin to exit and Dudley walks over to Harry and holds out his hand.

HARRY
Blimey Dudley did the dementors blow a different personality into you?

DUDLEY
Maybe…see you, Harry.

Harry takes his hand and shakes it.

HARRY
Yeah…maybe…take care, Big D.

Dudley and Harry both smile at each other and Dudley grabs his bags and exits. Petunia and Harry stand alone together in the hallway.

PETUNIA
Well…good bye….

HARRY
Good-bye.

She walks towards the door and pauses. She looks back at Harry as if she wanted to say something but turns and closes the door behind her leaving Harry standing alone in the house. The scene fades to Harry sitting his firebolt in the living room along with all his other bags. He looks around at the place and starts to talk to Hedwig who is sitting in her cage, which is on the table in the middle of the room.

HARRY
Look Hedwig. That’s where I used to sleep.

Harry points at the cupboard under the stairs and actually smiles. He walks up and opens it. He looks around and inside he notices the little toys he used to play with.

HARRY
It’s so small…I’d forgotten….

Harry picks up his plastic horse. He notices an envelope sticking out from under one of the cabinets. Harry bends over to pick it up. He looks at it and it’s his Hogwart’s Invitation letter. A big smile grows on Harry’s face.

HARRY
Look Hedwig. This is the letter that changed my life forever….

There is a sound made in the kitchen that makes Harry jump. He sits the items down and quickly pulls out his wand. Harry slowly walks towards the kitchen. He turns around the corner ready to strike.

The Seven Potters:    

INT. DURSLEYS-KITCHEN-MOMENTS LATER

Harry walks into the kitchen and see’s HAGRID smiling down at him.

HAGRID
All righ’ Harry? Ready fer the off?

HARRY
Hagrid? What are you doing here so early?

HAGRID
Change o’ plan ‘Arry….everyone else will be right in.

HARRY
Everyone else?

HERMIONE (O.S.)
Harry!

Harry turns and Hermione runs in and hugs him. Behind her Ron walks in. Harry and Ron hug as Fred, George, MAD-EYE MOODY, Ginny, Mr. Weasley, Tonks, Lupin and KINGSLEY all pile into the kitchen.

HARRY
Wow, I wasn’t expecting this many of you.

Harry and Ginny lock eyes for a moment and smile at each other.

MAD EYE
Change of plan. Since You-Know-Who has contacts inside the Ministry now it’ll be impossible to use magic around you.

HARRY
What do you mean Mad-Eye?

MOODY
You’re underage! If you, or anyone around you, casts a spell to get you out of here the Death Eaters will know about it.

HARRY
So what are we going to do?

MOODY
We’re going to use the only means of transport left to us, the only one’s the Trace can’t detect. Hagrid has his motorbike and the rest of us will have to use brooms. Now, your mother’s charm will only break under two conditions: when you come of age or you no longer call this place home. Once you leave here, the charm will be broken.

HARRY
Where will we be going? The Burrow?

MR. WEASLEY
Not quite. We’re still putting up the proper protection so we don’t have an incident like we had last year.

GINNY
Plus we think they’ll expect you to go there first.

HARRY
So where?

TONKS
We’ll be meeting at our place Harry. We call it our Shell Cottage.

She smiles and grabs Lupin’s arm.

LUPIN
We have protection set up around a 30-mile radius around the area so just in case, they can’t pinpoint a location.

HARRY
There’s one problem though…won’t it be obvious if all of us are flying there?

MOODY
I forgot to mention...there will be seven Harry Potters moving through the skies tonight.

He reaches into his cloak and pulls out a flask.

HARRY
What? No! That’s polyjuice potion isn’t it? If you think I’m going to let six people risk their lives….

RON
Because it’s the first time for all of us….

HARRY
This is different….pretending to be me….

FRED
Well, none of us really fancy it, Harry.

GEORGE
Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever.

HARRY
Thanks guys.

MOODY
Now lets have a few of your hairs boy! The only way to get you out of here safely is to have decoys!

HARRY
But…..

Moody walks over and plucks a few hairs out of Harry’s head.

HARRY
Ow!

MOODY
Right then…fake Potters line up over here, please.

Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and Ginny line up on the other side of the kitchen while Moody pours the potion in separate cups.

HARRY
Wait…there’s only 5 of you. Who’s the 6th?

DOBBY (O.S.)
Harry Potter!

Harry jumps in shock and turns around to see DOBBY the houself standing behind him.

HARRY
Dobby? How long have you been here?

DOBBY
I’ve been here the whole time sir.

MOODY
Come here elf!

HARRY
Wait…Dobby? I didn’t know houselves could use the potion.

HERMIONE
Well it’s possible…although it against their nature to do so but…

DOBBY
Dobby would do anything to help Harry Potter. Anything.

Harry smiles as Mad Eye hands each of them their cup.

MAD EYE
All together then.

They all take a big gulp of the drink. They all frown at the disgusting taste (although Dobby appears to really enjoy it) and all of a sudden all of their features start to change into Harry. Harry stares in disbelief as now there are six other Harry Potter’s standing in front of him. They all look at each other in shock.

FRED AND GEORGE
Wow…we’re identical!

HERMIONE
Harry your eyesight really is awful! I can’t see a thing without your glasses.

Dobby lets out a loud yelp and starts to dance around the room. They all stare at him.

HARRY
Dobby…DOBBY…what is it?

DOBBY
Dobby never dreamed that he would possibly get to BE Harry Potter!

He gives a smile and we see Mad Eye roll his eye.

EXT. DURSLEY’S BACKYARD-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to everyone walking outside.

HAGRID
You’re with me, Harry. That all righ?

RON
I’m not Harry this is Ron.

HAGRID
Oh…’arry?

HERMIONE
Hermione. I think Harry is inside getting his things Hagrid.

Hagrid looks as the real Harry walks out with Hedwig’s cage and a briefcase. Lupin walks out carrying Harry’s firebolt.

HAGRID
Oh there ye are ‘arry! We’ll be on the bike, brooms can’t take me weight see. You’ll be in the sidecar.

MOODY
Everyone on your transport!

Everyone get’s on their brooms. Harry places Hedwig in the sidecar before he gets in.

HARRY
Hagrid, is this Sirius bike?

HAGRID
The very same. An’ last time yeh was on it, Harry, I could fit yeh in one hand!

MOODY
Good luck everyone, see you all in about an hour at the Shell Cottage. On the count of three. One….two…THREE!

SWOOSH everyone takes off into the night sky. Hagrid starts the bike and races out of the back yard onto the street, almost slamming into a parked car. He stops it and reeves the engine.

HARRY
Hagrid?

HAGRID
We got ter get ‘er started good before we take ‘off ‘arry. Hold on!

VROOM Hagrid races down the street. He clicks a button and SWOOSH they are airborne. The camera pans up to show Hagrids bike soaring into the night sky.

EXT. LONDON SKYLINE-NIGHT

We see an overhead shot of London at night. SWOOSH we see Lupin with one of the Harry decoys and Tonks with another fly past the camera. The camera pans up to show Mad Eye circling keeping a watch out. Hagrid’s bike flies into view as they fly over the city.

HAGRID
We’ll be there in no time ‘Arry!

Harry grabs his scar as it bursts into pain.

HAGRID
‘Arry what’s wrong?

HARRY
I…I don’t know…

SWOOSH out of nowhere Death Eaters appear around them. Hagrid quickly pulls to his left narrowly avoiding hitting one of the newly apparated Death Eaters. BAM spells are now being flown throughout the air. We see the Harry decoys start to separate and dodge the spells. Hagrid turns sharp avoiding a spell thrown by a Death Eater. We see Bellatrix on a broom flying towards Tonks. BOOM a spell is thrown that Tonks quickly deflects. She turns upwards quickly as the Harry decoy holds onto her tightly. We now see Snape flying next to another Death Eater. They’re closing in on Kingsley and another Harry decoy. Snape looks over at the Death Eater. They both pull out their wands and the camera quickly DIPS to show Moody blasting away the Death Eaters. The scene shifts to Harry in Hagrids sidecar. A Death Eater appears behind them and fires a spell.

HARRY
Protego!

SMACK the spell is blocked. Harry turns around and notices a group of Death Eaters all lined up in front of them. He looks back and notices that they are surrounded.

HARRY
Hagrid!

HAGRID
Don’ worry ‘arry, we’ll lose em!

BAM Hagrid dips quickly and makes a sharp turn and BAM flies into one of the skyscrapers.

INT. SKYSCRAPER- OFFICE-NIGHT

We see Hagrid fly through the mostly deserted office. The poor night shift workers dive as Hagrid’s bike flies through and trashes most of their office. Two Death Eaters quickly fly through the hole in the window following them. Harry looks back and points his wand.

HARRY
Impedimenta!

SWOOSH the first dives to the side but BAM the other is hit by the spell being thrown off of his broom and landing on one of the desks. BAM they crash through the window on the opposite side. Hagrid turns quickly and the bike does a 360. While upside down Harry’s broom and Hedwig’s cage both fall out of the sidecar. Harry quickly reaches and grabs the cage as the broom continues to fall and BAM we see a green light hit it.

HARRY
NO!!!!!!!!!!

The bike turns right side up again and Hagrid quickly avoids another spell. Harry, with tears in his eyes, quickly opens the cage, pulls out Hedwigs lifeless body, and holds it close to him.

HARRY
Hedwig….Hedwig…..

The camera then pulls up to show Voldemort simply floating above the city. He is watching the battle below trying to find the real Harry Potter. The scene then cuts to a Death Eater pulling beside Hagrid on his broom. BAM Hagrid kicks him off of his broom. SWOOSH we see Mad Eye pull up quickly beside them (taking out a Death Eater in the process)

MAD EYE
The Dark Lord….he’s up there!

Hagrid and Harry both look up and notice Voldemort simply floating above them all.

MAD EYE
I’ll distract him. Get Harry into the protection…NOW!!!

HARRY
Professor Moody…wait…!

SWOOSH Moody pulls up and flies towards Voldemort. BOOM he throws a spell that Voldemort quickly deflects. He continues to throw spells that Voldemort deflect with ease. BOOM Voldemort knocks the broom from under Moody but before he falls Voldemort SWOOPS down and grabs him by the neck. Harry looks up and see’s Voldemort and Moody hanging above the skyline. Hagrid quickly dips and turns around a building and now they’re out of sight. The camera cuts back to Voldemort and Moody hanging mid air. Moody gasps for breath as Voldemort stares at him. He places his wand right on Moody’s stomach.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kadavra!

BOOM we see the spell hit Moody and Voldemort lets him go and we see Moody fall.

EXT. SHORELINE/FIELD-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Hagrid quickly flying across a barren landscape. Two Death Eaters are quickly gaining on them.

HAGRID
Almost there ‘arry!

Hagrid makes another turn as a Death Eater sends a spell. The spell misses them and Harry turns and points his wand.

HARRY
Stupefy!

BOOM the spell is fired but misses the Death Eater but he moves so quickly to avoid it that his hood flies off and it is STAN SHUNPIKE.

HARRY
Stan?

Stan points his wand at Harry.

HARRY
Expelliarmus!

BOOM his wand is knocked out of his hand. He doesn’t seem to mind and actually smiles and SWOOSH he and the other Death Eater disappear.

HAGRID
Harry, what’s happened? Where’ve they gone?

HARRY
I…I don’t know!

HAGRID
Hold on tight Harry, we’re nearly there….

Hagrid turns again and Harry looks down and notices a beachline below him. All of a sudden Harry screams out in pain as his scar begins to throb again. SWOOSH a Death Eater appears and BAM hits the sidecar making it separate from the bike.

HAGRID
NO!

Hagrid quickly grabs Harry’s arm before he falls. Harry looks down and notices the sidecar crash into the ocean. Hagrid pulls him up upon the bike behind him. SWOOSH Voldemort appears flying quickly towards them.

HARRY
It’s him Hagrid!!!
Another Death Eater appears next to them. BAM Hagrid elbows him off the broom. Another one appears in front of him and Hagrid let’s out a scream of rage and JUMPS off of the bike onto the Death Eater and they both fall. Voldemort raises his wand and it seems that the very clouds begin to turn into fire. The fire whirls around his head fiercely and begin to form into a GIANT FIRE SERPENT. Voldemort points his wand and the fire serpent quickly flies towards Harry. The scene cuts to a wideshot of Voldemort floating mid air and the giant serpent quickly flying towards Harry on the motorbike which is quickly descending to the ground. Harry covers his head in defeat and BOOM the spell is knocked back by the protective charm.

VOLDEMORT
NO!!!!

Harry looks around and sighs that he’s still alive. He quickly turns and grabs the handle of the bike. He pulls up and tries to slow it down and BAM he crashes into the ground.

EXT. BEACH-NIGHT

Harry is thrown to the side as the bike continues to flip and turn further ahead of him. Harry quickly gets up and looks around.

HARRY
HAGRID!!!

He looks back where they came and starts to walk in that direction. Ahead he see’s Voldemort standing in front of him muttering trying to take down the protection that is up. Harry stops cold and notices a few feet behind Voldemort is Hagrid lying on the ground.

HARRY
No…..

Voldemort stops and stares at Harry. They both stare at each other for a moment in silence. Voldemort then turns his neck. All of a sudden Harry does the same movement and can hear Voldemort in his head.

VOLDEMORT
I’m going to kill you Harry. These protections won’t hold for long and when they break I will find you.

Voldemort gives Harry a smile and POOF he is gone. Harry stares at Hagrid’s body in disbelief. He starts to approach the body. A hand goes across Harry’s shoulder and quickly turns him around. It is Lupin looking deep into Harry’s eyes.

LUPIN
What shape does Harry Potter’s patronus take?

HARRY
Wha….?

LUPIN
ANSWER ME!!!!

HARRY
A stag…but why….?

LUPIN
I had to make sure it was you Harry. I’m sorry.

HARRY
Hagrid….Hagrid….

Lupin looks over and notices Hagrid lying in the sand. Tonks is seen running towards them in the distance.

LUPIN
I’ll go check on him. Don’t walk out of the protection Harry it could be a trap.

Lupin runs out of the protection and approaches Hagrid’s body. Tonks stops and puts her arm around Harry.

LUPIN
He’s alive. He’s breathing.

Shell Cottage:    

We see a wideshot of Lupin kneeling over Hagrid and Harry and Tonks standing on the beach. The scene then fades to a shot of waves. The camera then pans up to show SHELL COTTAGE in the distance. The camera cuts to a shot of a bruised and battered Harry walking toward the house with Tonks. We see the door open and Ginny runs out. She quickly throws her arms around Harry and they hug.

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-LIVING ROOM-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Hermione tending to some of Ron’s scars. The camera slowly pans over to show George with a bandage over his head and blood soaked on the side of it. Fred is sitting on the floor in front of his brother. Dobby is looking into the fireplace and Kinglsey is pacing. The door opens and Harry and Ginny walk in. Everyone looks up. Hagrid, Tonks, and Lupin follow. Hagrid takes a seat in one of the chairs and Tonks rushes into another room. Harry looks over and notices George.

HARRY
What happened to him?

GINNY
Snape used the Sectumsempra spell on him, took his ear clean off.

KINGSLEY
We’ve been betrayed Harry. Voldemort knew that you were being moved tonight...someone…

HARRY
None of the Order would have told Voldemort we were moving tonight. He only caught up with me towards the end…

MR. WEASLEY
He caught up with you?

Harry looks as Mr. Weasley walks into the room with.

RON
Blimey Harry how did you escape?

HERMIONE
Not only that, but how did they figure out it was you?

HARRY
I…well…I don’t’ know really. I saw Stan Shunpike; remember he drove the Knight Bus. And I tried to disarm him instead of….well…he doesn’t know what he’s dong does he? He must’ve been Imperiused.

LUPIN
Harry, the time for Disarming is past! These people are trying to kill you! Atleast Stun if you aren’t prepared to kill!

HARRY
We were hundreds of feet up! Stan’s not himself and if I stunned him and he’d fallen…

LUPIN
You’re missing the point Harry…

HARRY
Am I Lupin? Correct me if I’m wrong but Expelliarmus saved me from Voldemort two years ago! I won’t blast people out of my way just because they’re there, that’s Voldemorts job!

Tonks walks into the room with some towels and hands one to Harry.

HERMIONE
Where’s Mad Eye?

Harry drops his head at the sound of his name. Everyone immediately knew what happened. There is a moment of silence before Harry speaks again.

HARRY
I can’t stay here. You’re all in danger while I’m here. I don’t want…

MR. WEASLEY
Don’t be silly! The whole point tonight was to get you here safely.

HAGRID
Yer not goin’ anywhere…

TONKS
Look at what we went through to get you here.

GEORGE
Yeah, what about my bleeding ear?

They all turn and look at George who’s just awakened.

FRED
Are you all right?

GEORGE
Yeah, I feel saint like actually. You see brother…I’m holy. Holey
(He points at his missing ear)
Get it?

FRED
With the whole wide world of ear related humor before you, you go for holey?

HAGRID
See ‘arry you can’t go

GEORGE
Ear, Ear!

FRED
That’s better!

HARRY
Fine I’ll stay. Is it alright if I go to bed?

TONKS
You’ll find a bed made right upstairs.
HARRY
Thanks Tonks. Thank you all.

He turns and leaves everyone.

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-BEDROOM-NIGHT

We see a shot of Harry sleeping. He is tossing and turning. Sweat pour down his face as we hear screams over the screen.

VOLDEMORT(O.S.)
I’m going to kill you Harry….

Harry eyes pop open.

EXT. SHELL COTTAGE-BEDROOM-MIDDAY

The scene cuts to a shot of Shell Cottage. The camera then pans over to show Harry and Hermione walking along the beach.

HERMIONE
You scar wasn’t supposed to do that anymore Harry. You mustn’t let that connection open up again; Dumbledore wanted you to close your mind.

HARRY
I know Hermione. I keep having these nightmares. The other night I was dreaming about Dumbledore’s funeral again…and…well…I really can’t remember much more of it. I just know Voldemort was there.

HERMIONE
It’s hard to lose someone Harry. It’s natural to think about them often. Not a day goes by where I don’t think about my parents.

HARRY
Your parents? Are they…

HERMIONE
They’re fine Harry….just fine….except….

Hermione pulls out a picture of her parents and stares down at it. We see a shot of them smiling up at her.

HERMIONE
They don’t know they have a daughter anymore.

Harry looks at her curiously.

HERMIONE
I modified my parents’ memories so that they think they’re completely different people. I didn’t want to risk…if anything happens to me on our mission, they’ll be fine.

Tears slowly begin to fall down Hermione’s eyes. Harry puts his arm around her to comfort her.

HARRY
Hermione I’m sorry….

HERMIONE
No. It’s fine. Really. Don’t go blaming yourself for it. Ron and I promised we would help and I’m sticking by it.

They begin to hug and we see Ron walk out of the house. He pauses for a second and watches Harry and Hermione hugging on the beach. They pull apart from each other and notice Ron standing there. Hermione looks away and wipes the tears from her face and Harry smiles and motions for Ron to come over. Ron slowly walks over towards them.

HARRY
What’s going on mate?

RON
Nothing…it’s just…the portkey is ready. We’re going to be heading to the Burrow soon.

HARRY
Oh…great…I’ll go get my things.

Harry pats Ron on the shoulder and walks towards the house. Ron stares at Hermione who gives him a small smile.

RON
You alright?

HERMIONE
Yeah…I’m…I’m fine.

She smiles and walks towards the house following Harry. Ron stands still staring sadly as she walks away. The scene slowly fades to a shot of a CAN. The camera pans back to show Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny standing around it. Lupin and Tonks both walk into the room and they all turn to look at them.

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-LIVING ROOM-MIDDAY

LUPIN
Alright this Portkey will take you straight into the protective enchantments at The Burrow.

TONKS
If any of you ever need a place to stay for a while…well…you’re more than welcomed here.

HARRY
Thanks again for your help

LUPIN
Okay on the count of three.

They all place their hand on the can.

LUPIN
One…two…THREE.

SWOOSH they are gone.

Harry's Seventeenth Birthday:    

EXT. THE BURROW-MIDDAY

The scene cuts to a shot of THE BURROW. SWOOSH the four appear in the reeds around the house.

RON
Wishful thinking on my part to think we’ll land in my bedroom…in my bed….

GINNY
No one else here wants to be in your bed Ron…well besides…

HERMIONE
We should get to the Burrow.

She quickly walks off. Ginny and Harry both smile at her and follow. Ron shrugs and follows them. The scene cuts to them walking out of the reeds. We see Mrs.Weasley in the front yard waiting for them.

RON and GINNY
Mum!!

They both run towards her and throw their arms around her as Harry and Hermione look on.

INT. BURROW-RONS ROOM-MIDDAY

The scene cuts to a shot of the Daily Prophet. The camera pans back to show Hermione reading it. She is sitting on the floor, Ron is lying on his bed and Harry is sitting on the other bed in his room.

HERMIONE
There’s still no word on Moody’s death.

RON
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Death Eaters have taken ‘The Prophet’ over already.

HERMIONE
They’re still talking about Dumbledore though. Rita Skeeter, she’s publishing a book called ‘The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore’ Says she’s got proof that Dumbledore was once a dark wizard in his youth.

HARRY
Rubbish.

HERMIONE
Harry did you know Dumbledore lived in Godric’s Hallow?

HARRY
Really? That’s where my parents were killed. He never told me…well…come to think of it…there’s a lot about him I don’t know.

RON
And You-Know-Who’s soul thingy’s….

HARRY
Horcruxes.

RON
Yeah Horcruxes. Any idea what they are?

HARRY
No. Dumbledore said they could be anything.

RON
Great. Just our luck it’s in a banana or something…

HERMIONE
Don’t be thick. This is You-Know-Who we’re talking about. I’m sure he wouldn’t place his soul in a banana. I think it would be in something important.

RON
If R.A.B. destroyed the locket then that is one less Horcrux we have to find.

HERMIONE
Yes, but we’re still going to have to try and trace the real locket, aren’t we? We have to find out if it’s really destroyed.

Harry nobs in agreement. The scene cuts to a shot of the sun rising over the horizon. The camera pans over to show the Burrow. The camera goes through the upstairs window towards a sleeping Harry. The door opens and we see Ron rush in and pull open the blinds.

INT. BURROW-RON’S BEDROOM-DAWN

RON
HARRY!

Harry quickly jumps up and reaches for his glasses. Once he has them on he looks up at Ron.

HARRY
What is it? What’s wrong?

RON
Happy 17th Birthday mate!

HARRY
What? Oh…yeah…it is my birthday…..thanks.

RON
Well go ahead…use some magic...you can do it anytime you like now!

Harry grabs his wand and looks around the room. He see’s a book sitting next to Ron’s bed and points his wand at it.

HARRY
Accio book!

The book flies into Harry’s hand and he looks down at the title.

HARRY
Twelve Fail-Safe Ways to Charm Witches?

RON
That book’s pure gold…you should keep it. It explains everything you need to know about girls. Not that…you’ll need it or anything.

HARRY
Thanks mate.

The scene fades to Harry buttoning up his shirt. Ron is in the mirror fixing his hair and Ginny walks into the room.

GINNY
Ron mum wants you.

RON
Give me a sec.

GINNY
Foods almost ready. She wants you to lick the bowl.

RON
Why didn’t you say so!

Ron rushes out of the room. Harry laughs and Ginny smiles at Harry. Harry smiles at her and gives a nervous chuckle. Ginny walks in and closes the door behind her.

GINNY
Guess this is probably the last time we’ll have some alone time… don’t you think?

HARRY
Well….um….

GINNY
We haven’t really had the chance to really talk huh? You’ve been busy, saving the world and all…

Harry slowly walks over to Ginny.

HARRY
Ginny…I…I just…I wish things were different you know? I wish I wasn’t ‘The Chosen One’ and maybe, just maybe…we could…

GINNY
But you are ‘The Chosen One’ Harry and I know you have a mission to do. I won’t jeopardize that with something like my feelings…

Harry grabs Ginny and starts to kiss her. They begin to kiss like they’ll never see each other again. They stop kissing and hold each other looking while looking into each others eyes.

HARRY
When this is over….when all this is done…

GINNY
Don’t make promises you can’t keep Harry….

There is a knock at the door. They jump apart as Hermione opens the door.

HERMIONE
Oh…sorry….

GINNY
No it’s fine. We were done anyway. Happy Seventeenth Harry.

HARRY
Thanks.

She quickly leaves and Hermione looks over at Harry with a sly smile.

HARRY
What?

HERMIONE
Nothing.

HARRY
Nothing happened!

HERMIONE
Uh huh. Come on downstairs….we’re waiting for you…

HARRY
For what?

The scene cuts to a shot of a food filled table.

INT. THE BURROW-KITCHEN-MOMENTS LATER

Harry walks downstairs and into the kitchen where Mrs. Weasley, Tonks, Lupin, Hagrid, Fred, George, Ginny, and Ron are standing.

EVERYONE
Happy Birthday Harry!!!

Fred and George pull a device and POP confetti flies all over the room. Harry looks back at Hermione who smiles at him.

HARRY
What’s all this?

MRS. WEASLEY
Happy Birthday dear!

HARRY
Thanks Mrs. Weasley. This is…great...you didn’t have to…

MRS. WEASLEY
Of course I did!

Tonks hugs Harry.

TONKS
Happy Birthday Harry!

HARRY
Thanks.

LUPIN
Your parents and Sirius would be proud. I know I am. You’ve grown into a fine man Harry.

HARRY
Thanks Professor.

LUPIN
You’re a man now Harry, you can call me Remus.

Ron pats Harry on the shoulder as Harry smiles.

MRS. WEASLEY
Come sit here Harry dear, it’s your special day.

She hands Harry a watch.

MRS. WEASLEY
It’s tradition to give wizards a watch on their Birthday. I know it’s not much but….

Harry quickly hugs Mrs. Weasley.

HARRY
Thanks Mrs. Weasley. Really.

She smiles and we see a few tears form in her eyes. She pats Harry on the back and motions for him to sit down.

HAGRID
Seventeen, eh! Six years ter the day since we met, Harry, d’yeh remember it?

HARRY
Yeah. You told me I was a wizard and gave Dudley a pig’s tail.

Hagrid smiles at Harry and everyone takes their seat.

HARRY
Where’s Mr. Weasley?

MRS. WEASLEY
He had to work today dear. The new Minister Rufus Scrimgeour has been working them to the bone. He sends his love. He should be home soon.

LUPIN
I’d like to make a toast.

Mrs. Weasley hands Harry a glass and everyone else raises there’s.

LUPIN
To Harry Potter. You’ve had to endure a lot of things at a young age and to see you turn out to be such a respectable young wizard….well…..it makes me glad to know you. I see so much of your father in you and you look so very much alike.

HAGRID
‘cept for the eyes.

RON
Like he hasn’t heard that one before.

Everyone laughs.

LUPIN
I just wanted to say…well…I’m proud of you Harry. Happy Seventeenth. To Harry.

EVERYONE
Harry!

Harry simply smiles.

FRED
Well say something!

GEORGE
Yeah Harry! Speech!

HARRY
Well…um…Thank you all. This wasn’t needed. A lot has happened to me in 17 years and…well…I wouldn’t have made it this far if it wasn’t for each and every one of you.

Everyone smiles at him and he looks down as if he’s a little embarrassed.

MRS. WEASLEY
Alright now everyone dig in!

RON
Yes!

Ron is the first to grab something. Hermione looks at him and sighs. Everyone starts to pass plates around the table and the camera zooms in on Harry with a smile on his face as he watches his family

The Will of Albus Dumbledore:    

INT. THE BURROW-KITCHEN-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to everyone sitting at the table finishing up their dinners.

HARRY
This has been wonderful, thank you all.

LUPIN
We had to do this, seeing you’re taking a year off from school from what I hear.

It goes silent and everyone looks up at Lupin.

MRS. WEASLEY
What?

HARRY
It’s nothing Mrs. Weasley, really…

LUPIN
You can’t do this alone Harry…

TONKS
Remus not now….

RON
He won’t be alone. Hermione and I are going with him.

MRS. WEASLEY
Going with…what is this?

HARRY
Dumbledore left us an assignment to do and we can’t talk about it. Just…just trust me…

MRS. WEASLEY
You’re just kids!

HARRY
Not anymore. Besides it’s on Dumbledore’s orders Mrs. Weasley. If he says we can then you have to trust him….

DOBBY (O.S.)
Sorry I’m late!

Everyone jumps. Harry looks down and see’s Dobby staring up at him.

HARRY
Dobby….

DOBBY
Dobby is so sorry sir. Dobby would not miss Harry Potter’s birthday for anything in the world. Dobby had to find Harry Potter the perfect gift.

Harry looks relieved that Dobby interrupted the conversation.

HARRY
What is it?

Dobby reaches into his clothes and pulls out a sock.

DOBBY
This is the sock Harry Potter used to free Dobby. Dobby thought you would want it back sir.

Dobby smiles at Harry and Harry takes the sock and chuckles.

HARRY
Thanks Dobby.

The door opens and Mr. Weasley walks in with a huge bag on his arm.

MR. WEASLEY
Hello all.

MRS. WEASLEY
Arthur you’re home! What is that?

MR. WEASLEY
Ministry business. Harry, Ron, Hermione…could I speak to you three alone for a second.

MRS. WEASLEY
Arthur…?

MR. WEASLEY
Don’t worry Molly, we’ll be back soon.

The three of them get up from the table and follow Mr. Weasley out of the room.

INT. THE BURROW-SITTING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

Mr. Weasley walks into the sitting room and gestures the three of them to sit down as he opens the bag.

MR. WEASLEY
I have something for the three of you. Scrimgeour was supposed to do this himself but I guess he wasn’t feeling up to it.

HARRY
Anything wrong Mr. Weasley?

MR. WEASLEY
Dumbledore. He left all three of you something in his will.

The trio glance at each other as Mr. Weasley pulls out a piece of parchment and begins to read aloud.

MR. WEASLEY
To Ronald Bilius Weasley, I leave my Deluminator, in the hope that he will remember me when he uses it.

Mr. Weasley pulls out the Deluminator and hands it to Ron. Ron grabs it and examines it and he pushes the button and SWOOSH it sucked out the light from the nearest light.

RON
Cool…

He clicks it again and the light is restored.

RON
I wonder why he left me this…I was under the impression he never noticed me at all.

HERMIONE
Don’t be thick; Dumbledore was very fond of you. Who wouldn’t be?

They both look at each other and smile and Mr. Weasley clears his throat.

MR. WEASLEY
To Miss Hermione Jean Granger, I leave my copy of ‘The Tales of Beedle the Bard’ in the hope that she will find it entertaining and instructive.

He pulls out the book and hands it to Hermione who quickly flips it open and begins to read.

MR. WEASLEY
And finally, To Harry James Potter. Seems you have a few things here Harry. I leave the Snitch he caught in his first Quidditch match at Hogwarts, as a reminder of the rewards of perseverance and skill.

He pulls out the snitch and looks at it.

MR. WEASLEY
Now this I must say is most peculiar.

HARRY
Why’s that sir?

MR. WEASLEY
Flesh memory.

HARRY
What?

HERMIONE
Snitches carry enchantments by which it can identify the first human to lay hands upon it, in case of a disputed capture.

Mr. Weasley hands the Snitch over to Harry and drops it in his hand. Harry picks it up and stares at it but nothing happens.

MR. WEASLEY
He also left you Sirius Black’s will.

HARRY
What?

MR. WEASLEY
Yes. Dumbledore fought hard to get that from the Ministry. Sirius left you his home in Grimmauld Place and everything he owned.

Harry takes the will and looks at it.

MR. WEASLEY
There’s one last thing left for you Harry. It’s the sword of Godric Gryffindor.

All three of them stare up him in shock.

MR. WEASLEY
I was shocked aswell. Unfortunately it wasn’t available; I’m not sure where it is exactly.

HARRY
The Minister…Scrimgeour...he doesn’t know?

MR. WEASLEY
He didn’t say. He seemed distracted…worried…I think You-Know-Who’s reigns is getting to him.

MRS. WEASLEY
ARTHUR!!!

They all run into the kitchen. Everyone that was inside is now outside the house. They all rush outside.

A Place to Hide:    

EXT. BURROW-FRONT YARD-MIDDAY

The camera cuts to Tonks and Lupin, wands both drawn. The camera pans over to show DEATH EATERS just outside of the protection. They keep throwing spells trying to break it down.

MRS. WEASLEY
They just showed up.

LUPIN
They must know Harry is here.

Hermione gasps and runs back into the house.

MR. WEASLEY
Well we’re safe as long as the protection holds.

MRS. WEASLEY
I can’t take this…not again….

SWOOSH all of a sudden there is a bright light that appears in front of them. It quickly forms into a silver lynx patronus.

KINGSLEY
(Voice coming from the Patronus)
The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.

Fear crosses all of their eyes. We see beyond the perimeters Bellatrix appear. She smiles as she slowly walks towards the barrier.

LUPIN
Harry get out of here. NOW!!!

Ron grabs his arm and they run into the house. Lupin, Tonks, Fred, George, Ginny, Dobby, and Mr. Weasley all run into the yard with their wands drawn. Bellatrix gives a laugh as she simply touches the protection with her wand and SWOOSH it seems to the protection turns into fire. Everyone looks up as it seems the sky has vanished and they’re surrounded by a dome of fire. SWOOSH the Death Eaters turn into black smoke and quickly fly through the fire. It seems the fire and their smoke mesh together and it appears 4 giant fire balls are flying towards them. Tonks and Lupin quickly burst into white smoke and fly head first into two of the Death Eaters. BAM they collide. We see everyone else start to throw spells. Bellatrix lands in front of them.

BELLATRIX
Thought I’d stop by for another visit.

She starts to laugh and we see rage engulf Mrs. Weasley.

INT. THE BURROW-LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry and Ron running through the house.

RON
HERMIONE! HERMIONE!

We see Hermione quickly run down stairs.

RON
Where did you….

HERMIONE
I had to grab something. Come. Quickly.

BOOM it seems like a shock wave moves through the house. The trio is knocked down as glass shatters all around them. Ron jumps up and see’s his Mum laying on the ground with Bellatrix over her. Everyone else is captured by a Death Eater.

RON
No….

HERMIONE
Come on Ron!

RON
MUM!!!

Hermione reaches out and grabs Ron’s arm. She takes Harry’s hand and SWOOSH they disappear. We see them twisting and turning in the apparition stream and we hear Ron sceams. We see them land and the entire world around them quickly takes form. They land in the middle of a crowded street and quickly jump back as a bus barely hits them.

EXT. TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD-MOMENTS LATER

Hermione looks around and begins to walk. Harry and Ron glance at her and begin to follow. Ron pushes his way through people trying to get to Hermione. Hermione keeps walking. She quickly turns a corner and other 2 follow.

RON
Hermione!

She pauses while still looking around. Ron and Harry finally catch up with her.

RON
Where are we?

HERMIONE
Tottenham Court Road. Walk, just walk. We need somewhere to hide.

She begins to walk again and they both walk beside her.

Hide? My Invisibility Cloak! I don’t have it with me….

HERMIONE
I’ve got the cloak, and clothes for all of us.

They turn down an ally and Hermione opens the small handbag she has with her and starts feeling around in it.

HARRY
You fit everything in there?

HERMIONE
Everything we will need yes. Undetectable Extension Charm. It was tricky but I think I’ve done okay.

HARRY
When did you do all this?

HERMIONE
I’ve had the essentials packed for days, you know, in case we needed a quick getaway. This is what I ran upstairs to get.

She pulls out the Invisibility Cloak and hands it to Harry. Harry throws the cloak over him and Ron and Hermione walk out of the alleyway into the busy Muggle streets.

RON
So why’d you bring us here?

HERMIONE
What else is there? We can’t book rooms at The Leaky Cauldron and Grimmauld Place is out if Snape can get in there.

RON
But Dad told me that Moody put spells just in case he showed up to stop him getting in. I’m sure it’s better than in this Muggle town. We have to go somewhere to find out what’s going on.

HERMIONE
We know what’s going on Ron! Voldemort’s taken over the Ministry, what else do we need to know?

RON
Yeah….

HERMIONE
So let’s just….

SWOOSH out of nowhere two figures apparate in front of them in black smoke.

HERMIONE
Run!

She pulls Ron and Harry (Who’s still invisible) into another allyway in the nick of time as spells fly past them. We see the people on the street start to run away in fear. Some are blasted back by the Death Eaters before they turn to chase the trio down the Alleyway. One Death Eater points his wand at Ron which sends ropes flying at him. SWOOSH Hermione waves her wand and the ropes are thrown back at the Death Eater who simply burns them before they wrap around him.

HARRY (O.S.)
STUPDEFY!

The spell shoots out but barely misses the Death Eater.

DEATH EATER 1
EXPULSO!

BOOM the wall next to Harry explodes knocking the Cloak off of him as he falls.

HERMIONE
Petrificus Totalus!

BOOM the Death Eater is hit in the chest and falls down frozen.

RON
STUPEFY!!

BOOM the other Death Eater is knocked hard against the wall and falls out unconscious. Harry then goes to fetch is Cloak as Ron checks on Hermione

RON
You alright?

HERMIONE
Fine…how did they find us?! What are we going to do?

RON
What are we going to do with them? You don’t think we should kill them do you?

HARRY
We just need to wipe their memories. It’s better like that; it’ll throw them off the scent. If we killed them it’d be obvious that we were here.

Hermione points her wand at the Death Eater.

HERMIONE
Obliviate!

She turns and does the same for to the other Death Eater.

HERMIONE
How do you think they found us Harry? You don’t think you’ve still got your trace on you?

RON
Ha can’t have, he’s seventeen now.

HARRY
We need somewhere to hide…Grimmauld Place….that’s all we have.

HERMIONE
But Harry Snape…

HARRY
If Snape shows up I’d like nothing better to do than repay him for what he did. Besides where else is there?

EXT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to a shot of Number 12 Grimmauld Place and SWOOSH Harry, Ron, and Hermione appear in front of it. They slowly approach the door and stand there for a moment.

HARRY
Well…here goes nothing.

He takes a deep breath and opens the door.

INT. NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE-ENTRANCE

The camera shifts to inside of the house as we see Harry walking through the door. All three walk into the house and Ron closes the door behind him. They all stop moving.

HERMIONE
Harry…Harry I can’t move…

HARRY
Me neither!

We see them try to move but they can’t. Slowly it seems dust starts to collect in front of them. If quickly starts to spin and FLASH the dust forms into an image of Dumbledore. The figure stands eerily still and points at them.

MOODY (VOICE)
Severus Snape?

HARRY
We’re not Snape!

The figure starts to float slowly towards them. Fear grips the trio as they try to move once again. We see the Dumbledore figure open it’s mouth.

HARRY
No! It wasn’t us! We didn’t kill you….

SWOOSH the cloud of dust explodes leaving them coughing. They’re now able to move. Hermione quickly jumps into Ron’s arms shaking.

HARRY
You guys okay?

RON
Yeah.

Harry turns and begins to walk down the hall.

HERMIONE
Harry wait.

She pulls out her wand.

HERMIONE
Homenum revelio!

Nothing happens.

HERMIONE
That was a spell to reveal human presence, and there’s nobody here except us.

RON
And old dusty.

He gesturing to where Dumbledore’s figure just was.

HARRY
Good. Well let’s get upstairs…

He starts to walk and grabs his scar in pain.

RON
What is it?

HARRY
Nothing…I….I just felt angry. He’s really angry.

Harry closes his eyes and his neck twitches as we hear Voldemort’s voice over the screen.

VOLDEMORT (O.S.)
You call me back to tell me Harry Potter has escaped again! Lord Voldemort is not sure he will forgive this time.

We hear another voice scream as Harry grabs his head in pain and then BOOM there is a burst of bright light. They all look up as a Weasel patronus appears in front of them and Mr. Weasley’s voice comes from it.

MR. WEASLEY (O.S.)
Family safe, do not reply, we are being watched.

SWOOSH the Patronus is gone.

RON
Everyone’s alright!

HERMIONE
That’s good news….Harry? Are you alright?

HARRY
Fine...it was just Voldemort. I think the connection between us is opening again…especially when he loses control. It’s fine now...

HERMIONE
Harry you have to block that!

HARRY
I know Hermione…let’s…just go and freshen up alright?

HERMIONE
Right…well let’s get upstairs. Don’t worry about your undergarments Ron, I washed them yesterday.

They both walk upstairs and Harry’s watches them. He then turns and looks down the hallway towards the door. He lets out a sigh and proceeds to walk upstairs.

R.A.B.:    

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-KICHEN-NIGHT

The scene cuts to an outside shot of Grimmauld Place. The scene then cuts to the trio sitting in the kitchen. Hermione is reading the book Dumbledore gave her, Harry is staring at the snitch, and Ron keeps clicking the lights on and off.

HERMIONE
Would you stop that! I’m trying to read!

RON
Sorry…

Ron clicks the deluminator and the lights pop on again.

HARRY
We have to get the sword of Gryffindor back from them.

HERMIONE
How Harry? We don’t know where it is.

HARRY
Dumbledore’s office maybe?

HERMIONE
You think it’s still there? Besides I doubt we’ll be able to just waltz into Hogwarts and get the sword from Dumbledore’s office!

Harry looks down at the snitch in his hand.

HARRY
Wait a minuet. If this Snitch is really from my first game then….I got it!

RON
Got what?

HARRY
Don’t you remember Ron. My first match I caught the Snitch…

RON
In your mouth!

Harry pops the Snitch into his mouth and takes it out. Slowly words start to form on the Snitch and Harry reads it outloud.

HARRY
‘I open at the close’

RON
What’s that supposed to mean?

HARRY
No idea.

HERMIONE
Well I’m not having any luck figuring anything out either from this book. This book is full of fairy tales. Why would Dumbledore leave this for me? Although…

Hermione gets up and takes the book over to Harry.

HERMIONE
Do you know what the symbol means Harry?

The camera zooms in on the SYMBOL.

HERMIONE
Dumbledore used it as the A in his name and its here on the story ‘The Tale of the Three Brothers’

RON
I loved that story! Mum used to read that story to us all the time growing up.

She shows the symbol to Ron.

HERMIONE
So do you know what the symbol means?

RON
No idea.

Harry sighs in frustration, gets up, and kicks the chair across the kitchen.

HARRY
What was he playing at? Dumbledore left me with nothing! We’re unprepared! We don’t know anything!

HERMIONE
Harry…

HARRY
I don’t know what these Horcruxes are or even where to start looking for them. He leaves us these things in his will and for what? Snape took him away before…before…

HERMIONE
We’ll figure things out Harry…it’ll just take some time…

HARRY
Time? TIME! I thought Dumbledore and I had more time and look where we are now.

KREACHER (O.S.)
Who’s there?

They all jump and turn as KREACHER the houself walks into the kitchen.

KREACHER
Why is the mudblood and blood traitor in my families’ house? GET OUT!

HARRY
Kreacher?

KREACHER
Ma….master…..

Kreacher bows and Harry casts a look at Hermione and Ron.

HARRY
Master?

HERMIONE
Don’t you see Harry? Sirius left you this place in his will, which means….

RON
Kreacher belongs to you. Great…tell him to make us some food.

HERMIONE
Ron!

RON
What! That’s what they’re there for!

HERMIONE
House elves have every right as we do.

HARRY
Quiet you two! Kreacher why are you still here?

KREACHER
Kreacher is bound to this home and will keep watch over it. Master Sirius deserved what he got meddling with mudbloods and…

HARRY
Enough! I don’t want to hear you saying mudblood or blood traitor again. You understand?

KREACHER
Yes master.

HARRY
Where did you just come from?

KREACHER
I was cleaning my mistress’s portrait. If she knew the scum that were in her house….

HARRY
I thought I told you not to say…

KREACHER
You told me not to call them mudblood and blood traitor. You said nothing about scum.

Kreacher smiles and quickly leaves the room before Harry orders him not to say it.

RON
He’s going to be fun to have around. So now what?

HARRY
Let’s have a look around this place. See what we can find

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-BEDROOM-NIGHT

The scene cuts to a shot of a dark dusty room. The door opens and Hermione walks into the room. She starts to look around the room curiously. She glances and notices a portrait on the wall. She walks to the portrait and wipes the dust off the nameplate.

HERMIONE
Phineas Nigellus Black.

Her eyes widen as she glances up at the portrait.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-HALLWAY

The camera cuts to Harry walking up the stairs into a Hallway. He turns to walk up the next flight of stairs but pauses. He notices the nameplate on a door reads ‘SIRIUS’ He pauses in front of the door for a moment and then slowly opens the door.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-SIRIUS ROOM

Harry walks into Sirius’s room and looks around. He notices the large bed, tall windows, and a dusty chandelier. He walks toward the other end of the room where there a many pictures plastered on the wall underneath a large Gryffindor banner. The camera zooms in on the pictures showing plenty of motorcycles, girls in bikini’s, and plenty of pictures of young Sirius. He camera pauses on a picture of young Sirius, James, Lupin, and Wormtail all smiling and waving. The camera pans back to show Harry looking at the picture.

HARRY
Dad….

He tries to take the picture down but it doesn’t budge. Harry takes a step back and we hear a paper shuffle. He looks down notices a pile of papers next to Sirius bed. He picks them up and starts looking through them. Harry notices an envelope. He picks it up and written on the envelope is ‘To Sirius, From Lily.’ Harry quickly opens the envelope and pulls out a letter and a picture falls out. Harry picks it up. It’s a picture of him as a baby zooming around on the broom and his fathers legs chasing him. Harry smiles and there is a knock on the door. Harry turns around to see Hermione standing there.

HERMIONE
Harry there’s something you have to see.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-BEDROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry and Hermione walking into the room Hermione just left. She walks over to the portrait and points at it.

HERMIONE
It belongs to Phineas Nigellus Black.

HARRY
Phineas? Wasn’t he…?

HERMIONE
An old Headmaster at Hogwarts? Yes. Which means he can move from his portrait at Hogwarts to this one. I was thinking….

HARRY
Maybe he can contact Dumbledore for us! Brilliant!

HERMIONE
Phineas. Mr. Black are you there! Mr. Black we need to talk to you please!

Nothing happens and Hermione turns around with a look of disappointment.

HARRY
Maybe he’s busy with the new headmaster at Hogwarts whoever that is.

HERMIONE
Perhaps. We should keep a close watch on this just in case he appears.

Hermione begins to take the portrait down.

HARRY
What are you doing?

HERMIONE
Who knows how long we’ll be here. Might as well put it in my bag with everything else.

Harry helps her take the portrait down. Ron walks into the room.

RON
I got something I think you two really need to see.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-HALLWAY-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Ron leading Harry and Hermione down a hall. He stops in front of the door.

RON
Take a look.

Harry walks over and looks at the nameplate on the wall. The camera zooms in on the faceplate and it reads ‘Do Not Enter Without the Express Permission of Regulus Arcturus Black’

HARRY
Regulus Arcturus Black. That’s Sirius’s brother. Slughorn mentioned him last year.

RON
Yeah but look at the initials Harry.

HARRY
R. A….wait…you don’t think….

RON
It has to be.

Harry goes to open the door but it doesn’t budge. He jams his shoulder into the door to try and force it open. Harry then pulls out his wand and points it at the doorknob. BOOM the doorknob falls off and the door opens. They slowly walk into the room.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-REGULAS ROOM-NIGHT

The scene cuts to them walking into Regulus’s all green room. Ron goes over to the wall and starts to examine the newspaper clippings.

RON
They’re all about You-Know-Who. Do you think Regulus was a Death Eater?

HARRY
Wouldn’t surprise me.

Hermione notices a chest underneath his bed. She pulls it out and opens it. She pulls out the books in it and gasps.

HARRY
Hermione?

HERMIONE
I can’t believe it….

Ron and Harry walk up behind her. She slowly opens the book.

HARRY
Hermione?

She looks back at them with an intrigued look on her face.

HERMIONE
These books are about Horcruxes.

Ron and Harry glance at each other.

KREACHER (O.S.)
What are you doing in Master Regulus room!

They all turn to see Kreacher, visibly angry, standing in the doorway. He notices the book Hermione is holding and quickly rushes and snatches it from her.

HARRY
Kreacher….

KREACHER
No! Get out! GET OUT! I’m sorry master!!

Kreacher begins to cry as he holds the book closer to him.

RON
Just order him to give you the book, the git.

HERMIONE
Ron!

HARRY
Kreacher….

Harry reaches out to touch him but Kreacher quickly pulls back and glares at Harry. Harry pulls out the fake locket and lets it hang in front of Kreacher.

HARRY
Does this look familiar to you Kreacher?

Kreacher stares at the locket in silence. He drops the book and tears begin to fall faster down his face.

HARRY
I went looking for a locket a few months ago. I found this…there is a letter inside….

KREACHER
Yes. Yes.

HARRY
Did this belong to your Master Regulus?

Kreacher nods all the while staring at the locket.

KREACHER
Kreacher failed Master. Kreacher tried….

HARRY
Tell me what happened Kreacher. Please.

Kreacher's Tale:    

Kreacher for the first time takes his eyes off the locket and looks up at Harry. He slowly walks to the other side of the room and sits against the wall. Kreacher seems to stare off into the distance…a memory filling is mind that he hadn’t thought about in years.

KREACHER
When he was sixteen years old, Master Regulus joined the Dark Lord.

INT. GRIMMAULD YEARS-KITCHEN-YEARS EARLIER (FLASHBACK)

The scene slowly fades to Kreacher in the past cleaning up the kitchen. REGULUS slowly walks into the kitchen.

KREACHER (V.O)
A year after he had joined, Master Regulus came down to the kitchen to see Kreacher and Master Regulus said…he said…

REGULUS
The Dark Lord requires an elf Kreacher.

Kreacher bows.

EXT. THE CAVE-NIGHT

The scene cuts to a wideshot of THE CAVE where Voldemort hid the locket Horcrux. We see Voldemort standing outside of the entrance with Kreacher.

KREACHER (V.O.)
So Kreacher went to the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord took Kreacher to a cave beside the sea. And beyond the cave there was a cavern, and in the cavern was a great black lake….

We see Voldemort pulling the boat up from the depths of the lake. Kreacher looks up at him curiously and Voldemort simply smiles.

KREACHER (V.O.)
There was boat…and it took us to this basin full of potion on the island. The Dark Lord…The Dark Lord made Kreacher drink it…

We see Kreacher taking a drink of the potion and he begins to yell out in pain. He continues to drink as Voldemort’s eyes widen with satisfaction.

KREACHER (V.O.)
Kreacher drank, and as he drank, he saw terrible things…Kreacher’s insides burned…Kreacher cried for Master Regulus to save him, but the Dark Lord only laughed. He made Kreacher drink all the potion…He dropped a locket into the empty basin…he filled it with more potion..and then…and then….

HARRY (V.O.)
What Kreacher?

KREACHER (V.O.)
He sailed away, leaving Kreacher on the island…

We see Voldemort sailing away on the boat and Kreacher gasping for air on all fours.

KREACHER (V.O.)
Kreacher needed water, he crawled to the island’s edge and he drank from the black lake…and hands…dead hands…came out of the water and dragged Kracher under the surface….

We see Kreacher being pulled under by the INFERI and then we cut back to present day.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-REGULUS’S ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

We see Kreacher, tears in his eyes and rocking back and forth as he tells the story. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are now sitting in front of him, a look of amazement in their eyes.

HARRY
How did you get away?

Kreacher looks up at Harry.

KREACHER
Master Regulus told Kreacher to come back.

HARRY
I know, but how did you escape the Inferi?

KREACHER
Master Regulus told Kreacher to come back.

HARRY
But you couldn’t Apparate in and out of that cave otherwise Dumbledore…

RON
Elf magic isn’t like wizard magic Harry.

KREACHER
The house elf’s highest law is his Master’s bidding. Kreacher was told to come home, so Kreacher came home.

HARRY
So what did Regulus say when you told him what happened?

KREACHER
Master was very worried, very worried…Master told Kreacher to stay hidden and not to leave the house. And then…it was a little while later…Master Regulus came to find Kreacher.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-REGULUS ROOM-PAST

The scene cuts to Regulus standing in his room. He puts some books in a chest and pushes it under his bed. He pulls out the fake locket and looks at it for a moment. He puts it in his pocket and looks down at Kreacher.

REGULUS
Kreacher…I need you to take me to the cave. Take me to the cave the Dark Lord took you.

KREACHER
Yes Master.

Regulus grabs Kreachers arm and BOOM they disappeared.

INT. THE CAVE ENTRANCE-MOMENTS LATER-PAST

The scene cuts to Kreacher putting blood on the wall and it peeling away slowly. Regulus slowly follows Kreacher in and it cuts to them in the boat as it lands in the island in the middle of the lake. Regulus walks up to the basin and looks down into it. He takes the fake locket out of his pocket and stares at it for a moment.

REGULUS
I want you to take this Kreacher and once the basin is empty…I want you to switch lockets.

KREACHER
But Master the potion does terrible…

REGULUS
That’s an order Kreacher!

He hands the locket to Kreacher.

REGULUS
I want you to leave without me. Go home and never tell my mother about this and I want you to destroy the locket Kreacher.

KREACHER
Yes…yes Master….

Regulus begins to drink the potion and yell out in pain.

KREACHER (V.O.)
And master drank it…drank all the potion...and when he was done Kreacher swapped lockets…

We see Kreacher switch out lockets as Regulus lays on the ground in pain. He looks up at Kreacher who bows and walks towards the boat. The boat begins to move once Kreacher is in it and we see Regulus reach down for water. All of a sudden the Inferi begin to pull him under.

KREACHER (V.O.)
Kreacher watched…as Master Regulus…was dragged beneath the water…and….

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-REGULUS’S ROOM-PRESENT DAY

The camera slowly pans out of Kreacher ‘s huge eyes as he stares blankly into the distance.

KREACHER
Nothing Kreacher did made any mark on the locket. Kreacher tried everything but it would not open. So many powerful spells upon the casing. Kreacher failed to obey orders….

He starts to cry loudly.

HARRY
Kreacher…where is the locket?

Kreacher looks up at Harry and stares blankly at him. Does he tell him? It is a direct order afterall.

KREACHER
Kreacher hid it. Kreacher hid it so no one could find it.

HARRY
Could you bring it to me Kreacher? I can destroy it for Master Regulus.

KREACHER
Yes…master…

Kreacher stands up.

HARRY
Before you go though.

Harry hands the fake locket to Kreacher.

HARRY
I’d like you to have this. This belonged to Regulus and I’m sure he’d want you to have it as a token of gratitude for what you…

Tears begin to roll down Kreachers eyes

KREACHER
Th…thank you..Master…

Kreacher looks down at the locket and then POOF he is gone.

RON
Why’d you give him the fake locket already? How do you know he’ll actually bring you the real locket….

HARRY
I trust Kreacher. I think…I think he hates Voldemort for what he did to his master and will do anything to stop him.

HERMIONE
Well I’ll get to reading the books. See what Regulus found out.

Harry nods as Hermione walks over to the trunk. Ron looks out of one of the windows and his eyes widen.

RON
Harry…..look.

Harry looks out of the window and standing in front of Grimmauld Place are 4 Death Eaters looking around curiously.

RON
Do you think?

HERMIONE
They can’t see this place. You have to know it’s here to see it….we’re safe…

HARRY
But why would they come here?

HERMIONE
Sirius’s will. He left you this home and if the Ministry kept his will like they did Dumbledore’s….

HARRY
They’d know to find me here.

Harry closes the blind and the scene cuts to a shot of Grimmauld Place. Standing in front two Death Eaters still looking right at the house, but they’re not able to see it.

Lupin's Visit:    

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-KITCHEN-AFTERNOON

We cut to Hermione making lunch in the kitchen. Ron is obviously bored and Harry is pacing.

MOODY’S VOICE
Severus Snape?

They all pause in horror. Quickly they pull out their wands. Harry slowly walks into the hallway and see’s a figure standing in the dark.

HARRY
Don’t move!

LUPIN
Hold your fire….

Lupin steps into the light.

LUPIN
It’s me, Rumus.

Harry smiles as Lupin takes off his cloak and walks into the kitchen. Hermione runs up and hugs him.

LUPIN
I’m glad to see you three are alright. No signs of Severus, then?

HARRY
No. What’s been going on? Is everyone okay?

LUPIN
Yes, but we’re all being watched. There are a few Death Eaters outside….

HARRY
We know….

LUPIN
I had to apparate very precisely onto the top step outside the front door to be sure that they would not see me.

HERMIONE
Well have a seat I’m just preparing lunch.

HARRY
So what happened after we left? We haven’t heard a thing….

LUPIN
Death Eaters searched the Burrow up and down looking for you. Arthur heard a rumor that they tried to torture your whereabouts out of Scrimgeour before they killed him; if it’s true, he didn’t give you away. Voldemort knows however how much the Burrow means to you Harry and I’m sure he figured you’d be there….

HARRY
For my seventeenth birthday.

LUPIN
The Death Eaters have got the full might of the Ministry on their side now Harry. They’ve got the power to perform brutal spells without fear of identification or arrest. They’ve been torturing numerous people trying to find out where you are.

HERMIONE
And are they bothering to give an excuse for torturing Harry’s whereabouts out of people?

Lupin pulls a Daily Prophet out of his coat and unfolds it. He sits it on the table. On the cover is a picture of Harry and the headline reads ‘WANTED FOR THE QUESTIONING ABOUT THE DEATH OF ALBUS DUMBLDORE’

LUPIN
That’s the pretext for going after you.

RON
So Death Eaters have taken over the Daily Prophet too?

LUPIN
Yes. They say Scrimgeour resigned and Pius Thicknesse has replaced him, he is under the Imperius Curse of course.

RON
Why didn’t Voldemort declare himself Minister for Magic?

LUPIN
Voldemort is playing a clever game Ron. Declaring himself might have provoked open rebellion: Remaining masked has created confusion, uncertainty, and fear. And by suggesting that Harry had a hand in Dumbledore’s death, Voldemort has not only set a price upon your head, but sown doubt and fear amongst many who would have defended him. The Ministry has also started moving against Muggle borns.

HARRY
What do you mean?

Lupin opens the paper and hands it to Hermione.

HERMIONE
Muggle-born Register. The Ministry of Magic is undertaking a survey of so-called ‘Muggle borns’, the better to understand how they came to posses magical secrets. Every so called Muggle born is to present themselves for interview by the newly appointed Muggle-born Registration Commission headed by Delores Umbridge.

RON
People won’t let this happen.

LUPIN
It is happening, Ron. Muggle borns are being rounded up as we speak. They’re saying that only magic can be passed on from wizard to wizard and that most muggle borns gained their power by theft or force.

Hermione looks down with shock in her eyes and Ron puts his arm around her.

HARRY
What about Hogwarts?

LUPIN
Students must be given Blood Status…meaning that they have proven to the Ministry that they are of Wizard descent…before they are allowed to attend.

Harry slams his fist on the table in anger and stands up.

HARRY
This can’t happen…this….

LUPIN
I know Harry.
(Pause)
Harry…I have a question and I’ll understand if you can’t confirm this but…the Order is under the impression that Dumbledore left you a mission.

HARRY
He did.

LUPIN
Can you confide in me what the mission is?

HARRY
I can’t Remus, I’m sorry. If Dumbledore didn’t tell you I don’t think I can.

LUPIN
I thought you’d say that but I might still be of some use to you. You know what I am and what I can do. I could come with you to provide protection.

HERMIONE
But what about Tonks?

LUPIN
What about her?

HERMIONE
Well you’re married! How does she feel about you going away with us?

LUPIN
Tonks will be perfectly safe. She’ll be at her parents’ house.

HERMIONE
Is…is everything fine between you and…

LUPIN
Everything is fine, thank you.

They all stare down at Lupin who sighs.

LUPIN
Tonks is going to have a baby.

HERMIONE
Oh, how wonderful!

HARRY
Congrats.

LUPIN
Yeah…so do you accept my offer? Will three become four? I cannot believe Dumbledore would have disapproved….

HARRY
Wait…you want to leave Tonks at her parents house and come away with us?

LUPIN
She’ll be perfectly safe there, they’ll look after her. Harry, I’m sure James would have wanted me to stick with you.

HARRY
Well...I’m not. I’m pretty sure my father would have wanted to know why you aren’t sticking with your own kid.

LUPIN
You don’t understand…

HARRY
Explain then!

LUPIN
I made a grave mistake marrying Tonks. I did it against my better judgment and I have regretted it very much ever since.

HARRY
So you’re just going to dump her and the kid and run off with us?

Lupin jumps up and kicks back his chair in anger, glaring down at Harry.

LUPIN
Don’t you understand what I’ve done to my wife and my unborn child? I’ve made her an outcast! Even her own family is disgusted by our marriage, what parents want their only daughter to marry a werewolf? And the child…my kind doesn’t usually breed! It will be like me and if by some miracle it is not like me, then it will be better off…a hundred times so, without a father of whom it must always be ashamed!

HERMIONE
Don’t say that…how could any child be ashamed of you?

HARRY
Oh, I don’t know Hermione, I’d be pretty ashamed of him. If the new regime thinks Muggle-borns are bad what will they do to a half werewolf whose fathers’ in the Order? My father died trying to protect my mother and me, and you reckon he’d tell you to abandon your kid to go on an adventure with us?

LUPIN
How dare you! This is not about a desire for danger or personal glory…how dare you suggest such a thing!

HARRY
I think you’re feeling a bit of a daredevil…fancy stepping into Sirius’s shoes…

HERMIONE
Harry….

HARRY
I’d never have believe this. The man who taught me to fight dementors…a coward.

Lupin pulls out his wand and BOOM Harry is thrown across the room. Lupin grabs his cloak and quickly exits.

HERMIONE
Remus come back!

BOOM we hear the front door slam.

HERMIONE
Harry! How could you?

Harry gets up and dusts himself off.

HARRY
Easy….He had it coming to him. Parent’s shouldn’t leave their kids unless…unless they’ve got to.

Hogwart's New Headmaster:    

Harry storms out of the kitchen leaving Ron and Hermione. Hermione sighs and the camera pans back out of the kitchen and down the hall. It passes through the mirror of the front door and outside. The camera then pans up towards the sky. It pans down and we see the HOGWARTS EXPRESS on the tracks and the camera pans up to show Hogwarts in the distance. As the camera gets closer to Hogwarts it becomes night and the camera pans down to show students gathering in THE GREAT HALL.

INT. HOGWARTS-THE GREAT HALL-NIGHT

The camera focuses on Ginny as she’s sitting at the table. Everyone seems to be looking ahead curiously. Dumbledore’s chair is still empty and McGonagall looks very uncomfortable. The door of the Great Hall opens and swiftly Snape walks down the aisle. Ginny and Neville both frown as he passes them and walks behind the teacher’s desk. Instead of sitting in usual spot however he stands in front of the podium. The whole hall becomes silent.

SNAPE
I’d like to introduce you to your new headmaster…..me.

All the Slytherian students begin to cheer. Ginny casts a worried look at Neville who also seems to have tensed up.

SNAPE
Now before we get to business I’d like to introduce a few new additions to the staffing.

He looks up and AMYCUS CARROW and ALECTO CARROW both walk into the Great Hall dressed in black with smiles on their faces. Neville leans in and whispers to Ginny.

NEVILLE
Aren’t those?

GINNY
Death Eaters? Yeah….

They both sit down behind the teacher’s desk.

SNAPE
I’d like you all to welcome Amycus Carrow who will be the new Dark Arts teacher.

He raises a hand in acknowledgement.

SNAPE
Alecto Carrow will now teach…Muggle Studies….

Everyone in the hall seemed to cast looks at each other when he said this.

SNAPE
Now things are going to be different here. Rule breaking is prohibited and heed my warning, any wrong doers will indeed be punished….severely. I will not tolerate insubordination and any trouble makers will be handled by me personally.

Ginny and Neville both casts looks at each other as the scene cuts to the students leaving the Great Hall and going to their respective houses. Ginny walks away from the crowd out into the Entrance Courtyard. Neville and Luna both follow her as she looks up into the night sky.

EXT. HOGWARTS-ENTRANCE COURTYARD-NIGHT

NEVILLE
So what are we going to do about Snape?

Ginny and Luna both look over at him curiously.

NEVILLE
We can’t just let him take over without a fight.

GINNY
What can we do?

NEVILLE
Plenty. Look out for the first years…make sure they come to no harm. Show Snape and those Death Eaters we won’t go down without a fight! Dumbledore wouldn’t want us to give in. As long as we’re here…Dumbledore’s Army still lives on.

Ginny and Luna both smile and Neville and they all nod in agreement.

SNAPE (O.S.)
What is this?

They turn to see Snape walking up behind them.

SNAPE
Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t you three supposed to be heading to your houses.

They all quickly walk past Snape into the school. Ginny looks back at him for a second before walking away. Snape stands looking up at the night sky. He looks off into the distance and stares at The White Tomb.

INT. HOGWARTS-HEADMASTERS OFFICE-NIGHT

The scene cuts to the SPINNING GARGOYLE and we see Snape walk into the Headmaster’s Office. The camera pans up to show old Headmasters asleep on the wall. Snape slowly walks towards the desk and glances at the SWORD OF GRYFFINDOR hanging in a glass case. He then walks up to the photo of Phineas Black.

SNAPE
Phineus Black

PHINEUS
Yes headmaster?

SNAPE
I’m going to need you assistance.

EXT. LONDON-ALLEYWAY-MIDDAY
The scene cuts to a shot a rainy alleyway. We pan down into the alleyway to see Harry, covered in a raincoat walking quickly. He walks near the edge of the alleyway and pauses. Standing in front of Grimmauld Place are 10 Death Eaters. They are all just standing there staring ahead. He turns and see’s if anyone is looking and SWOOSH he apparates onto the top step of Grimmauld Place. He stands there for a second looking out at the Death Eaters. He sighs and opens the door. The door closes behind him.

HARRY (O.S.)
You guys won’t believe it…

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-KITCHEN-AFTERNOON-NEXT DAY

The scene cuts to Harry slamming the paper on the kitchen table. Ron and Hermione both grab it and read the headline. The camera shows a picture of Snape standing in front of a podium and it reads ‘SEVERUS SNAPE CONFIRMED AS HOWGWARTS NEW HEADMASTER’

HERMIONE
No!

HARRY
Looks like he’s appointed the Carrows as new teachers… They were on top of the tower the night Dumbledore died. And there are more Death Eaters watching the house. They must know we’re here…

RON
Yeah but don’t you think they’d be able to get in already if Snape told them how?

HARRY
You’re right…

Harry takes a seat in a chair. Hermione walks over and picks the book up.

HARRY
So what have you learned about Horcruxes?

HERMIONE
Well I see now why this topic was banned in school. Horcruxes…they’re horrible, horrible things. I’ve never read a book so dark.

HARRY
Any word on how to destroy them?

HERMIONE
Yes, well, from what I’ve read what Harry did to Riddle’s diary was one of the few really foolproof ways of destroying a Horcrux.

RON
Stabbing it with a basilisk fang? Lucky we’ve got such a large supply of those…

HERMIONE
It has to be something so destructive that the Horcrux can’t repair itself. Basilisk venom can only be destroyed by one thing….

HARRY
Phoenix tears.

RON
Did you read anything on if you make a Horcrux, somehow putting the pieces of your soul back together?

HERMIONE
Well the pieces of the souls are always drawn to each other anyway. The soul isn’t meant to be split. If Voldemort himself wants to put his soul back together he would have to feel remorse. You’ve got to really feel what you’ve done. The pain is said to be unbearable and can destroy you….

RON
I can see him doing that.

HARRY
So we know how to at least destroy it. I don’t see how we’re going to get baskilisk venom but we still don’t know what the other Horcruxes are.

HERMIONE
I wouldn’t be so sure Harry.

Hermione walks over and gets another large black book. She sits it on the table and opens it.

HERMIONE
I was reading through this book and it seems Regulus left a few notes.

They all look into the book and the camera focuses on its pages.

HERMIONE
See....there…strange things. But here there is a list. I’m not sure how he found out…I’m sure it took a long time…

HARRY
It says ring, diary, snake…

RON
And he has in parenthesis Hogwart’s Founders heirlooms with a question mark. What’s that supposed to mean?

HARRY
I think R.A.B. figured out what Voldemort’s Horcruxes were. Look it makes sense. Ring. Dumbledore destroyed it. It belonged to Riddle’s mother. He told me so last year. The locket he went to find himself.

HERMIONE
Do you think the locket could be from Slytheran? Which would make it one of the Hogwart’s Founders heirloom.

HARRY
It would make sense. Riddle is his descendent.

RON
And snake?

HARRY
Nagini his snake maybe? Hermione did the book say it was possible for Horcrux’s to be put into something living?

HERMIONE
It’s possible but extremely risky.

HARRY
I destroyed the diary in my 2nd year which means we have….

HERMIONE
5 to destroy.

RON
Yeah and they can be anywhere!

HARRY
Well atleast we kind of know what to look for now. It’s a start.

KREACHER (O.S.)
Master.

They turn around to see Kreacher standing there with the fake locket around his neck. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the real locket.

KREACHER
This is for you.

Harry stares at the locket. There seems to be a hissing sound coming from within it. Harry slowly walks towards Kreacher, as though he’s mesmerized by it. He kneels down and looks at it. He reaches out and it seems the locket leaps into Harry’s hand. He stares down at it.

HERMIONE
Harry?

It looks as the locket has Harry under some sort of trance. He continues to gaze down at it.

HERMIONE
HARRY!

Harry jumps and looks back at her. He then looks down at Kreacher and smiles.

HARRY
Thanks so much for this Kreacher.

Kreacher smiles as he wraps his hand around the fake locket and slowly walks out of the room. Harry stands up and faces Ron and Hermione.

RON
So that’s it? How do we know that elf isn’t jipping us?

HARRY
It’s the real one…there’s something dark about it. Dumbledore told me that dark magic leaves traces….

He holds it out and Hermione takes it. Harry moves his neck slightly as Hermione and Ron stare at the locket. Both seem to be uneasy with it.

HERMIONE
You’re right Harry. There’s something dark about this thing.

RON
So now what?

HARRY
We find out how to destroy it.

Intruder in Grimmauld Place:    

The scene cuts to a shot of Harry sleeping. The locket is around his neck and he is tossing and turning. There is a SWOOSH.

INT. HOGWARTS-DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-DREAM

We see Harry standing in front of Dumbledore in his office.

HARRY
So if we destroy all of them….

DUMBLEDORE
One kills Voldemort….

The scene cuts to Dumbledore placing the diary and the locket on his desk.

DUMBLEDORE
Magic…dark magic…it leaves…..

We see Harry touch the ring and it begins to spin.

DUMBLEDORE (O.S.)
Traces…

There is a FLASH and

INT. HOGWARTS-ASTRONOMY TOWER-NIGHT

Harry is standing on the Astronomy Tower. He looks up and see’s Dumbledore standing in front of him.

DUMBLEDORE
Trust me.

There is another flash and Harry is now below. He looks up and see’s Dumbledore standing there. He turns and standing behind him is Snape who puts his finger to his mouth. Harry nods. FLASH.

SEVERUS
Avada Kadavra!

BOOM the spell hits Dumbledore and we see the green light reflect on Harry.

Harry opens his eyes. He sits up panting and grasps the locket around his neck. He does the neck twich.

EXT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-STREET-MIDDAY-MONTHS LATER

We see a shot of Grimmauld Place covered in snow. We see Death Eaters in front of the house casting spells trying to discover something but failing. The camera pans backwards and a dark figure steps into the frame looking ahead.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-KITCHEN-MIDDAY

The scene cuts to Ron using his wand to have dishes float in the air. One by one he starts to make them explode. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. We see Hermione walk in behind him.

HERMIONE
Ronald! Stop it! What are you doing?

Ron turns around, his concentration broken, and all the dishes CRASH into the ground.

HERMIONE
What’s all this?

RON
I’m going to repair them.

HERMIONE
That’s beside the point…

RON
I’m bored Hermione! After all this time you’d think we’d be further along. I didn’t think we’d still be sitting here!

HERMIONE
We’re doing the best we can Ron. That book takes time to decipher and I’m doing my best.

RON
I just thought Harry would….

He pauses and frowns.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-STAIRWAY-MIDDAY

The scene cuts to Harry standing on the stairwell listening to them.

HERMIONE (O.S.)
He’s doing the best he can Ron. I know it’s frustrating. I too thought this would be a bit more exciting but we don’t even know where to begin looking for the remaining Horcruxes.

RON(O.S.)
I could be with my family.

HERMIONE(O.S.)
I know…but we promised we’d stick with him….

SWOOSH the dust start to form in front of Harry. He backs up in surprise the figure of Dumbledore forms and begins to move down the hall. Someone was inside. Harry pulls out his wand and points it at the door. POOF the dust disappears.

HARRY
Who’s there?

We see the figure standing there silent in the dark.

HARRY
SHOW YOURSELF!

The figure slowly walks into the light and it’s SNAPE who is carrying a large BAG on his shoulder.

HARRY
SNAPE!

BAM a spell flies out of Harry’s wand but misses Snape.

SNAPE
Potter!

Harry runs into the kitchen and Snape appears in the doorway seconds later.

HARRY
CRUCIO!

The spell flies out but misses and hits the door. Hermione moves her wand and the TABLE flies towards Snape. BOOM the table explodes into pieces as Snape blasts it. Ron throws a spell but Snape blocks it.

SNAPE
Don’t be foolish!

HARRY
MURDERER!

Harry lunges forward at Snape. Hermione and Ron try to grab his arm but miss him. Snape holds up the bag as Harry grabs for him and lets go as Harry grabs it and pushes Harry shoves the bag back on Snape knocking him down. Harry drops the bag and points his wand at Snape.

HARRY
You’re going to pay for what you did!

SNAPE
And what exactly did I do Potter?

Harry lets out a scream of rage but before he can do anything we see Hermione grab him and SWOOSH they apparate.

INT. APPARATION STREAM-MOMENTS LATER

We hear Harry screaming in rage as He and Hermione move quickly through the stream until BAM they land in the middle of the snowy woods. We see Ron standing next to a tree.

EXT. WOODS-MOMENTS LATER

HARRY
WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?!?! I HAD HIM HERMIONE…I COULD’VE KILLED HIM!

HERMIONE
Could you Harry? Snape is more skilled then all of us do you think he would’ve let you just kill him! You saw how he blocked all our spells.

HARRY
But Hermione…

HERMIONE
Grimmauld Place isn’t safe anymore Harry. We got the locket…let’s focus on the mission before revenge.

HARRY
It’s all my fault. I dream about it every night. I could have stopped him from killing Dumbledore. I trusted him…I TRUSTED HIM!!!

HERMIONE
Give me the locket Harry.

Harry looks up at Hermione curiously. Harry takes off the locket and hands it to Hermione.

HERMIONE
Better?

HARRY
Ye…yeah…actually….it was odd. My anger was….magnified…

HERMIONE
I thought so. I’ve seen you angry before Harry but….

HARRY
Every spell I threw at him didn’t work properly. Do you think….

HERMIONE
This locket is dark magic Harry…we don’t know how it’ll affect us…Ron…could you….

Ron walks up and takes the locket. He stares at it and we hear a tiny thud…as if a heart is beating. He lowers the locket and see’s Hermione comforting Harry still and we see a look of curiosity grow on Ron’s face.

HERMIONE
We’ll take turns wearing the locket until we figure out how to destroy it. I have my bag and I’m sure everything we’ll need out here is in it. I’m going to set up enchantments around to make sure we’re safe…Ron….

RON
Yeah….

HERMIONE
If you look through the bag you should be able to find a tent. Could you put it up for me?

RON
Sure….

HERMIONE
Harry you rest alright?

She smiles at him and sets off to put up enchantments. Ron stares at Harry for a moment.

HARRY
You alright Ron?

RON
Yeah…just…gonna put the tent up….

He puts the locket around his neck and turns away from Harry and the scene fades.

"In my life I have seen things that are unimaginably
horrific. I know now...you will see worse."

Last edited by Phrozenone; January 18th, 2010 at 7:51 pm.
Sponsored Links