View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2010, 5:38 am
Pernicious Blood Traitor

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesseliza46 View Post
yes. my mom told me and my siblings. my mom read an article about and that is how the movie is being split. because she wants every well almost every nitty gritty detail.
Well, as DigificWriter has noted, it was the producer's idea to split the film and that they then sought Rowling's approval.

Dan Radcliffe did an interview a week or so back explaining the split and basically, it came down to the movie can only be so long and show X amount of scenes...if they'd tried to fit it all into a single film just about everything that occurs in Part 1 would have been on the cutting room floor. Yikes, that's a lot of the plot of the film and final book to lose just to fit everything into one film.

I wished they'd split Goblet of Fire, actually. A lot of that hit the cutting room floor too. Grrr...

I'm hoping that come this summer, they'll tag team the box office with a re-launch of Part 1, a small intermission, quickly followed by screening Part 2. I'd definitely pay to see them both in one sitting.

What matters is not the length of the wand, but the magic in the stick.

"So that doesn't clear anything up but it elucidates what I believe. But I don't think it's necessarily going to convince people who have a strong feeling, one way or the other, on the matter. You know what, that's been the case with most of "Harry Potter". I gave my explanation and it just fuels more debate." ~ JK Rowling

'Here he took out the stone that had the power to recall the dead, and turned it thrice in his hand.' ~ Thrice...go Team CoCo.
Sponsored Links