View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2003, 4:27 am
Zonko's Employee

I think Harry would have to live, and to 'vanquish' Voldemort without being a murderer. I also think he has to be seen struggling with the years of stress he's been under, not by becoming an utter flake, but having to find a way to redefine himself, to transcend being 'the one with the power to vanquish.' If he were unable to do that, he'd end up as a bum, trading tales of his battles with the Dark Lord for drinks in wizard pubs - perhaps a fair bit of realism there, but a bit too much. I would like to see Harry ending up in a stable love relationship, but I don't really care if its Hermione, Luna, Ginny, Tonks, Lavender, Alicia, etc. (I don't think the slash combos would do). But this should be part of the overall process of growing beyond the warrior self-image. I could accept anyone but the trio dying in the next two books, if it made sense and was not just wholesale slaughter (unless of course, wholesale slaughter by the DEs breaks out and is what drives the plot in a book - probably 7).

Here he is on a summer vacation trip to the Canary Islands with Fluffy, his second favorite dog.
Sponsored Links