View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2003, 2:48 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusly_Addicted
Chapter 26 - Seen and Unforseen, Page 591 (American)

"That is just as well, Potter," said Snape coldly, "because you are neither special nor important, and it is not up to you to find out what the Dark Lord is saying to this Death Eaters."

"No - that's your job, isn't it?" Harry shot at him.

He had not meant to say it; it had burst out of him in temper. For a long moment they stared at each other, Harry convinced he had gone too far. But there was a curious, almost satisfied expression on Snape's face when he answered.

"Yes, Potter," he said, his eyes glinting. "That is my job. Now, if you are ready, we will start again..."

I think that's where most people get the idea that he's spying. I'm not sure this is the whole story, though. I do think Snape is using his Occlumency/Legilimency skills to spy on Voldemort's organization, but there is probably more to it than that.
Thank you, Siriusly Addicted. I had forgotten that part, but I remember it now. It's a little vague. I agree in that I do think he probably is spying. But, I'm still not going to presume 100% that that's exactly what he's doing, though. I mean, it's so very risky, you know. I agree that Voldemort would kill Snape if he saw him and wouldn't believe Snape if he said he had come back to serve him. Also, if he's spying on a death eater, like Lucius or someone, he'd have to somehow make sure that that death eater didn't know he used to be a death eater. Because, obviously, he'd go report it to Voldemort immediately. Snape would also have to make sure that that death eater didn't tell Voldemort about him at all. Did that make sense?

So, if he's spying, then I would think he'd be concealing himself somehow from Voldemort and all the death eaters. Maybe he's a vampire and turning into a bat?! Ha ha! I laugh at the very thought, but perhaps. Or maybe he's just wearing an invisiblity cloak or something. I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud really.

Sponsored Links