View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2004, 12:40 am
Sixth Year

Jan 6

I'm back at school. On my last day of holidays, I was just outside, watching the snow fall when Petunia came out. I'm not sure about her right now, she's been rather touchy around me for the last six years, ever since I got into Hogwarts.

I asked her, rather shyly, what she was doing. She was waiting for her "young man" as Mum calls him, Vernon Dursley. Him I'm not to keen on. He's rather full of himself, and closed-minded.

When I said, "Oh, him." Petunia turned around and said "At least I have someone!" rather triumphantly. I couldn't help it. I'm rather surprised at myself, but some words popped out of my mouth before I knew what was happening.

"I do happen to have someone! James, James Po-" I stopped myself there. Why had that come out? I guess it was just to prove Petunia wrong, but still, why did I have to use him? He makes me sick. He's horrible, he's arrogant, he's a bully... Argh!

I'll just leave that at that.

I wasn't going to write again, but I knew Alice would make me do it anyway. She marched up to my dormitory after dinner and came down with my journal and a quill, saying "Write."

So here I am, in the common room. James is staring at me. Again. I hope he won't find out what I wrote just now about my conversation with Petunia. He'd freak, but that's because he's had a crush on me for a long time. He won't give up. He ought to, but he's to thick-headed to know that. Boys.

Alice is watching me rather amusedly. I think my facial expressions keep changing. Yes, they do. I should be an interesting sight: a girl in the corner writing a book while making faces! Ha! Maybe I am hopeless at this. I can't keep anything organised in here. I just asked Alice, and she said, quite calmly, "Lily, it just takes practice, but it's worth it, trust me."

How did Alice become the patronizing one? She's a year younger than me, and she's always been quiet. *sigh* Oh well. I can't think of much more to say, so I suppose I ought to close while I'm not jabbering here, feeling like an idiot. Practice, Alice says, practice. Practice.