View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2004, 2:37 am
Sixth Year

January 25

It's just after dinner. The moon is full, and my theory remains intact. Remus left after lunch, looking pale. When questioned about it, the answer came as, "I'm not feeling too good. I'm going to the Hospital wing," and he left.

And so, my theory stands unchallenged. I'm glad I figured it out, but I'm not happy that it's true. There's been a rising ridicule on werewolves of late, and I think it's going to get worse. Lord Voldemort's been recruiting them, I think, but it may just be a rumor.

Liza just stood up, and walked away from our table, crossing the commmon room towards a window. She's staring out it sadly, almost longingly. I look around and see that James, Sirius, and Peter have quietly disappeared. If they're not back in a few minutes, I'll question Liza.

The sun has just set. I went to Liza and stared out the window along with her. We stood, almost in a silent vigil for a while, until I saw shapes in the distance. Something that looks like a dog, no two that look like a dog, but one's more like a wolf. A wolf! A werewolf? I see a stag, perhaps, but Liza points towards the lake and I see the squid's tentacles waving, almost in greeting to us.

When I looked back, the shapes were gone. I suppose it was just something of my imagination, I wouldn't doubt it, it seems to be running away in less pleasant ways lately.

James wasn't as unbearable today. He seemed rather preoccupied. I'm sure he's aware of this, so that may be the answer. Also, when my bag split, he helped me get my books collected with out being a complete prat. He's not horrible all the time, I suppose.

Liza stared sadly out of the window, then turned to me, her voice soft, asking:

"You know, don't you?"

I nod, and she smiles sadly, "He handles it well, better than I ever could, I bet. Sirius, James, and Peter do what they can."

I look down and nod.

We fall silent, and exchange looks.