View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:19 am
Sixth Year

Febuary 2

This I wish,
This I plead,
Will you be my date to Hogsmeade?

Ug, not the best poetry I've read. It's probably the most pathetic, though. That James has to try to.... try to woo me with a poem is sick. That was one of the ways he tried to get me to go to Hogsmeade with him. It's also the least drastic!

When Lize read it over my shoulder, she began to laugh so hard that tears rolled down her cheeks and she couldn't breathe. She's been quite amused by her brother's attempts at getting me to go to Hogsmeade with him. She shouldn't be allowed to be as amused as she has been. She's spent most of the day, laughing till her face is bright scarlet and her sides ache.

I've lost count of all of the times James has asked me. Today was far worse than the two weeks put together. Why he's suddenly so.... enthusiastic is beyond me. Thankfully.

Sirius as also been acting... odd. So has Joan. They seem to be avoiding each other. Speaking of which, Sirius is heading over here and Joan is in the library. Lize and Alice are sitting here. Remus is with Sirius.

"Hello!" Sirius says brightly.

Remus grinned and nodded to us.

"Hello," Liza says suspiciously.

"How's your day?" Sirius says conversationally, but Lize doesn't take it as such.

"What do you want?" she asked sharply.

Sirius sighs, "Oh, Lizzie, Lizzie, Lizzie."

She raises a dangerous eyebrow.

"Fine. I came over to ask you something. Will you go to Hogsmeade with me?" Sirius asks almost humbly.

"Why?"

"For a date, of course."

"Of course? Honestly Sirius, what do you want?" she looks exasperated.

"Just that."

She looks suspicious, "Oh, really? Fine then, what do I get out of this?"

Sirius attempts an even more humble look, "My undying gratitude."

"Oh, shove it! What do I get?"

"I... I...." he looks wildly around at Remus for help.

Remus grins and says, "He'll be your servant for a week."

"Make it two, in the holidays, and have him sign a slip. That would make that a deal. With witnesses, mind."

Sirius looks relieved, "Thank you so much!"

I decide to draw up the slip:

I, (Sirius's signature), hereby become (Liza's signature)'s slave for the first two weeks of summer holiday on the condition that she is my date for the upcoming Hogsmeade trip.

Witnesses:
(Remus's signature)
(Alice's signature)
(My signature)
(Frank's signature (he came over to see what the rucus was about))

Sirius seemed very relieved.