View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2004, 4:51 am
First Year

I don't see how Voldemort could not know.

Dumbledore announced to an entire court room that Snape was a spy. Not a particularly great way to keep this information secret. Furthermore, Barty Crouch Sr. was present at this hearing, and Voldemort was in his mind.

If Voldemort would extract every thought and memory from a low ranking minisitry official like Bertha Jorkins, he would almost certainly do the same to Crouch.

Snape also tried to stop Voldemort from getting the Sorcerer's stone. I know some people might say that Snape didn't know it was Voldemort who was trying to steal the stone. Voldemort doesn't strike me as the type of person who will distinguish between someone intentionally working against him, and someone unintentionally working against him. Also, Voldemort obviously didn't trust Snape since he didn't bring him in on the plan.

It seems almost impossible that Snape could simply rejoin the Death Eaters as a spy. If JKR decides to go this route, I hope it is clearly explained how him accomplished such a feat. My guess is that Snape is getting information for the order from one of the other Death Eaters.

Sponsored Links