View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2004, 2:36 am
Second Year

Snape must be an extremely good spy if Voldemort does not know what he is up to...I'm trying to rememer...Snape obviously does not show up at the graveyard where Harry is "portkeyed" to in GoF...or does he??? **checks the book**

We have Wormtail, Malfoy, the Lestranges (in Azkaban), Macnair, Crabb, Goyle, Nott. These are the DEs that he names. Then we have two sections which are a tad ambiguous...

"He walked on. Some of the Death Eaters he passed in silence, but he paused before others and spoke to them."

--Could Snape be one of the DEs that he passed by???

"And here we have six missing Death Eaters...three dead in my service. One, too cowardly to return [KARAKOFF???]...he will pay. One, who I believe has left me forever...he will be killed, of course...and one, who remains my most faithful servant, and who has already reentered my service [likely, Bartemius Crouch, Jr.].

--So, either Snape is there, but LV just passed him by...in which case he may not know that Snape is a spy. OR Snape is the one who LV believes has left him forever...in which case he has probably figured out that Snape was a spy, and he is in mortal danger.

Sponsored Links