View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2016, 6:31 pm
Snidget of Champions

Re: Severus Snape and the Marauders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Took View Post
Yes, the production qualities are impressively high! The wizard duelling is very professionally done, you really feel as if these boys are fighting with everything they've got.
They definitely emphasized that duel, and it paid off. While the special effects were really good, the believable acting is what really makes that scene worthwhile.

I noticed the same producers followed a similar setup with their Dumbledore v. Grindelwald video "The Greater Good" (the Snape and the Marauders film led me to this one). Lots of neat visuals, but the acting was spot-on to make it all seem believable. I imagine that's a pretty tough thing to do when dealing with so many special effects.

But, overall, I'd agree with sirena: good visuals and overall well done, but the story is really just Snape-centric fan fiction that doesn't really jive with canon. Not that there's anything wrong with that, though!

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Sponsored Links