View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2011, 11:23 pm
Registered Animagus

Re: A series completed: Analysis of all eight movies in one

Quote:
Which movie out of all eight of them is your favorite? Why?
Order of the Phoenix. It doesn't have the best cinematography, but it has the best pacing of all of the films and it has some really nice moments between all of the characters and it has a great exciting ending. It isn't perfect, but still my favorite.
Quote:
If you could name one moment which you consider your favorite for all movies which one is it?
That's hard. I really like the Voldemort/Dumbledore duel in OotP. I like the graveyard scene in GoF. I like the cafe attack in DH1. There are a lot of scenes i really like, but i will leave it at that.
Quote:
Which director did the best job of portraying the Wizarding World? Would you have preferred one director for all eight movies?
I would pick David Yates, but i actually think that having the same director and producers for the last few films was a bad thing. They seemed to lose track of the fact that they needed to make a good movie and instead just had fun with the actors. Like they thought it was funny that Rupert and Emma were doing the kiss so much that they didn't actually film a good kiss.
Quote:
Which story arc has been fleshed out the best during the movies? Examples: Coming of Age story of the Trio, Harry vs Voldemort, The Marauder vs Snape, Snape as Dumbledore's inside man etc.
I would say the coming of age story because i think they didn't do a great job with the others you mentioned. Though i wouldn't consider the marauders vs Snape a story arc in the books either just something that was mentioned in passing. I actually think they should have cut more of the Snape stuff then they did or at least done it in a different way.
Quote:
Which character has had the best portrayal (script wise and acting wise)?
Maggie Smith.
Quote:
Which movie has the best cinematography?
Deathly Hallows Part 1.
Quote:
Best set design (props etc)?
Sorcerer's Stone.
Quote:
Best special effects?
I really think the special effects are one of the low points in the entire series. I think i would have to pick Deathly Hallows 2 just because it is the most recent and it has some fine moments with effects like during the courtyard apocalypse and then some awful ones like the fiendfyre and the chamber of secrets.
Quote:
Best costumes?
Well i don't know. Half-blood Prince.
Quote:
Are you happy with the Harry Potter movies as a completed series?
No. I think if you fail at the end then you fail as a series and i think they failed at the end. And then there is Daniel Radcliffe which i could have done without.

Sponsored Links