View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2013, 2:29 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormere View Post
I think they tried to imply the jubilation occurred previously. If you watch carefully, at the end of LV's dissolution there is a slight advancement in time as the pieces disappear (vs. completely floating away.) So the scene in the great hall is not immediately after Harry defeats LV, but after the general jubilation has died down.
I guess i saw it differently. In the book, Harry confronts Voldy in front of everyone, and the celebration occurred because they saw his death actually happen. They were keyed up. In the movie, since they didn't see it for themselves and were only told about it, the happy feelings were muted, out of respect for people who had lost loved ones and the bodies of the dead loved ones laying in the next room.

Quote:
That said, I too found it emotionally disappointing. I would have preferred it following the books more closely, talking heads and all. The idiotic flying around smooshing each others heads made no sense to me.
I agree. I think that, along with the deaths of Voldy, Bella, and Nagini were the CGI people wanting to show off, and disrespectful to the story. I wanted bodies. I also think they thought people wanted to see a huge duel between Harry and Voldy, but personally I preferred the book much better.

Quote:
But I did find that I liked the Sacking of Severus Snape better in the film than in the book. I liked that Harry was able to confront Snape about his killing DD. And I enjoyed seeing Snape take out the Carrows before he left Hogwarts.
Definitely. And how he didn't want to kill McGonagall, and how stunned she appeared when he didn't fight her back and only used defensive spells. .

I enjoyed the movie, up to and including the scene where Harry fell out of Hagrid's arms and fired that shot at Nagini. I liked the ending, even though Ron and Hermione looked liked grandparents and Ginny looked like a 1950's homemaker. But I didn't like any of the part in between. I even thought Molly vs. Bella felt rushed.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, After all this time?
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Sponsored Links