View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2014, 1:20 am
Member of the Order

Re: Feminism: Definitions and Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
There was criticism of the tabloid that deceived Brooks Newmark in the way there wasn't criticism of the thieves who stole the photos of young women. There was talk like "what did you expect him to do when an attractive young woman appeared to be interested in him?" It's as if he did nothing irresponsible, whereas Jennifer Lawrence and others are considered irresponsible. It's the double standard that gets me.
Hearsay doesn't mean much to me.

Quote:
I wonder if the same law would be interpreted differently if it was a woman shooting photos up the trousers of a guy in loose shorts. Or a man taking those photos of a guy in loose shorts, for that matter.
What is this "same law" you speak of?
But what if a woman tries that on a guy, what do you think the guy's reaction might be? Probably not something she'd want to provoke...
Or a man provoking another man for that matter, but for different reasons, reasons that might involve violence.
See how that might work? A man's reactions would likely be different from a woman's.
Quote:
Even so, if...
That word "If" borrows trouble that isn't there.

Once upon a time I worked in private security, and responded to a fight that broke out in a bar. The state police were also there. My supervisor talked to them as well as the guy with the bloody nose and his few friends, and the guy that threw the punch. And also his wife. Supervisor told me it was nothing. Later he told me that the drunk was getting a little too aggressive with the flirting with the other guy's wife who wanted nothing to do with him. So Romeo got a bloody nose as a result. Police said the same thing my supervisor said; "He got what he deserved." So...no reports filed. It didn't happen.
In hindsight, this might have come across as far more topical had the wife decked him instead.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Sponsored Links