View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2014, 2:29 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Feminism: Definitions and Opinions

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsfire View Post

What is this "same law" you speak of?
For it to get as far as a judge, presumably there were grounds for arrest. Yes, the judge threw it out, but I'm assuming that in a person can't be arrested on a whim.

Quote:
But what if a woman tries that on a guy, what do you think the guy's reaction might be? Probably not something she'd want to provoke...
Or a man provoking another man for that matter, but for different reasons, reasons that might involve violence.
See how that might work? A man's reactions would likely be different from a woman's.

That just points to cowardice. Entitled cowards preying on someone they assume won't be able to physically defend themselves. Some guy takes a photo up a woman's skirt because he's pretty sure she won't be able to punch him if she sees him.

I'd like to think that most people would refrain from invading someone else's privacy out of basic common courtesy rather than fear of repercussions.

Quote:
That word "If" borrows trouble that isn't there.
There's no "if" about it. HedwigOwl's post stated that Jeri Ryan was treated to derogatory comments, whereas her ex-husband was defended.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.
Sponsored Links