View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2014, 4:14 am
Member of the Order

Re: Feminism: Definitions and Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
For it to get as far as a judge, presumably there were grounds for arrest. Yes, the judge threw it out, but I'm assuming that in a person can't be arrested on a whim.
This happened in MA. A man arrested for taking photos. And the judge said flat out there wasn't a law against it. It made the news. And never did a state congress move so fast to get a bill on the governor's desk.
Quote:
That just points to cowardice. Entitled cowards preying on someone they assume won't be able to physically defend themselves. Some guy takes a photo up a woman's skirt because he's pretty sure she won't be able to punch him if she sees him.
But if her husband is there...
Quote:
I'd like to think that most people would refrain from invading someone else's privacy out of basic common courtesy rather than fear of repercussions.
Civilization was never based on common courtesy.
Quote:
There's no "if" about it. HedwigOwl's post stated that Jeri Ryan was treated to derogatory comments, whereas her ex-husband was defended.
No proof..just her word doesn't do much for me.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)

Last edited by Midnightsfire; October 19th, 2014 at 4:22 am.
Sponsored Links