View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:15 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Re: Best and Worst Chemistry in the HP Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess_Clio View Post
Best:
Dan and Gary - they sparkled with great fatherly/son chemistry and were totally believable

Mark Williams and Julie Walters - agree with Richard_Gambon here, they were a very believable parental unit

Julie Walters and anyone else, really - I thought Julie played well against the kids, being very motherly, as well as against the adults

Dan and Alan - Snape was a very under utilized character in the movies to me but there were some good moments between him and Dan.

Dan and Rupert - teetering on the edge of good and just okay. Sometimes they looked and felt like best friends, other times they looked like actors rehearsing their scenes.

Ralph Fiennes and Michael Gambon - they were awesome when they were up against each other, granted they were up against each other in a magical battle but they looked like believable opponents, they felt electric when they were against each other, they were great.

Dan and Ralph - pretty good.

Worst:

The Trio - sorry, I didn't think they had great chemistry when all three of them were together. They always looked like they were acting to me rather than making me believe that they were really friends. A lot of moments felt really forced but some were kind of okay. The trio teeters on the line between horrible and marginally acceptable to me.

Dan and Bonnie - no explanation needed.

Rupert and Emma - they didn't have romantic chemistry to me at all. Rupert had way more chemistry with the girl who played Lavendar than with Emma.

Dan and Michael Gambon
on the bolded. Dan and Alan's scenes together pretty much give me chills every time. Alan did such a wonderful job as Snape from the first film to the last. He seemed to give it everything he got.

about Dan and Michael Gambon... I thought they did an ok job together. Why did you think that they didn't have that much chemistry together?

Best:

Richard Harris and Dan: Their scenes together shined. Loved how Richard brought his sense of humor and fun to the role.

Dan and Alan Rickman: The both of them really played off of each other well. The animosity showed through, and at the end, Harry's sadness for what Snape went through showed too.

Robbie Coltrane, Dan, Emma and Rupert: His scenes with the younger actors in the films really stand out to me. He played the role of Hagrid really well. So much so, that that's how I picture the character in my mind as I read the series.

Maggie Smith and Richard Harris/Maggie Smith and Michael Gambon: She played the role of Professor Mcgonagall really well with both of the actors. Didn't notice any real change in terms of the chemistry there.

Maggie Smith and Dan: Really loved the interactions between Dan and her throughout the series. They seemed to be pretty believable.

Dan and Tom Felton: These two really played well off one another. Could really sense and feel the dislike that their characters had for one another.

James and Oliver Phelps: They really brought Fred and George to life. Hands down. Loved every minute that those two were on screen together .

Dan and Gary Oldman: Loved all of the scenes that they were in together. He brought a believability to the role of Sirius.

Dan and David Thewlis: Really loved their interactions together. David did a wonderful job as Lupin.

Worst:

David Tennant with Michael Gambon, and others: Thought that the interaction during the scene where he was arrested in GOF (iirc) seemed way over the top . It was rather soap opera like.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend.

Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; September 6th, 2012 at 11:28 pm.
Sponsored Links