View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2007, 2:15 pm
First Year

Re: What do you have to explain to your friends and family who only see the movies?

I can't remember exactly what I've had to explain, but I dare say it's been a lot. I know there's only so much they can put into the films, but they leave out so much detail it really ruins it. It's confusing for the people who haven't read the books, and even just the smallest details being left out can make a difference. For example in GoF (book) we learn that Mad Eye will only ever drink from his own hip flask. In the film this is left out, and although it's only a small thing, it's a clue that the polyjuice potion is in there.

Also, from what I remember about GoF film, it doesn't explain anything about Rita Skeeter being an unregistered animagus, leading to Hermione's blackmail etc & her not working for the Prophet any more, meaning that in OOTP her interview with Harry is printed in the The Quibbler as she has no credibility with the Prophet any more. I think this is an important issue, as it's that interview that leads most of the school to believe that V's back. From what I can find out, Rita Skeeter is NOT in OOTP, meaning they're just mentioning it in passing, or that they're bypassing that part of the story completely.

I'm sure that we could be over analysing, or even being picky, but a film should always be true to the book....after all, the films (as far as I know) don't say BASED on the books.

Here's to the sanest person in the wizarding world
Sponsored Links