View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Registered Animagus

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

This is what I hope to be the opening scene of Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Behold, the "Lily and James murder flashback"

Quote:
WARNER BROS. LOGO APPEARS FLOATING TOWARD THE SCREEN, IN FRONT OF A BACKDROP OF STORMY SKIES. CAMERA PANS THROUGH THE CLOUDS. LIGHTNING FLASHES ACROSS THE SCREEN, AND THUNDER IS HEARD AS THE CAMERA PANS DOWN INTO GODRIC'S HOLLOW.

CAPTION, BOTTOM OF SCREEN: 16 years ago...

EXT. GODRIC'S HOLLOW HALLOWEEN EVENING

A soft rain patters across the roads and sidewalks as numerous kids, dressed in different costumes laugh and giggle.

Two TEENS, dressed as vampires walk down a sidewalk talking indistinct. A cloaked man, VOLDEMORT, walks with almost a glide down the sidewalk, the camera at his back. His face lowered toward the sidewalk.

CAMERA PANS to the TEENS. TEEN 1 elbows TEEN 2 and nods toward VOLDEMORT.

TEEN 1
[laughter]
Look at this joker!

TEEN 2
Nice costume, mister!

VOLDEMORT raises his head. TEEN 1's eyes go wide. Both TEENS run off the other way. CAMERA pans on VOLDEMORT'S face. He does not look like his present self, but he does not look normal either. A red glow can be seen in his eyes. VOLDEMORT stares at the backs of the two teens, reaching for his wand, his hand near it. Then he stops. He has other business this evening.

VOLDEMORT'S eyes focus to his left. The CAMERA pans in on...

INT. POTTER RESIDENCE HALLWAY OUTSIDE HARRY'S NURSERY

LILY POTTER closes the door behind her. JAMES POTTER appears and smiles at her.

LILY POTTER
Harry's asleep.

JAMES POTTER
All Hallows Eve.

LILY POTTER
If only we could celebrate it like a normal family.

JAMES POTTER
When this is all over, Lily. I promise. We will.

LILY smiles, though it is a little tearful. Suddenly, a noise is heard downstairs, the clicking sound of a lock unlocking. LILY looks at JAMES, her eyes wide, as...

INT. POTTER RESIDENCE - BOTTOM FLOOR

FRONT DOOR explodes off its hinges.

POV VOLDEMORT

JAMES POTTER
Lily, take Harry and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hold him off!

VOLDEMORT glides over to the stairwell. JAMES POTTER is searching his pockets for his wand. It is not there.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

Blinding green light fills the screen as JAMES POTTER slumps to the ground. He is dead. The sound of LILY POTTER screaming is heard, as VOLDEMORT glides up the stairs.

INT. HARRY'S NURSERY

The door is blocked by a chair, but this does not matter. The door unlocks and opens. The chairs moves out of the way on its own.

POV VOLDEMORT

VOLDEMORT walks into the room. LILY POTTER is standing in front of the crib.

LILY POTTER
[tearful]
Not Harry, not Harry, please not Harry!

VOLDEMORT
Stand aside, you silly girl... stand aside, now.

LILY POTTER
Not Harry. Please, no. Take me, instead.

VOLDEMORT
This is my last warning.

LILY POTTER
Not Harry! Please ... have mercy ... have mercy ... Not Harry! Not Harry! Please -- I'll do anything

VOLDEMORT
Stand aside. Stand aside, girl!

LILY looks defiant. There are no more tears in her eyes. VOLDEMORT'S eyes narrow.

A BRIGHT GREEN LIGHT flashes across the screen. LILY POTTER sinks to the ground, dead. Her eyes are still open.

[REUSED FOOTAGE of BABY HARRY staring at VOLDEMORT]

CAMERA on VOLDEMORT'S face. He is smiling. He is close to victory.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

VOLDEMORT'S eyes go wide.

VOLDEMORT
[pained, moaning]
No...

EXT. POTTER HOUSE

The roof of the POTTER HOUSE starts to collapse as a cloud of dust raises through the air and floats off through the air into the night. The camera follows the dust cloud until it reaches the...

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 LOGO