View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2013, 1:22 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Re: NEW PROJECT by JKR: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - The Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhaps View Post
I'm very curious about the idea Warner Bros. originally approached Rowling with. I wonder if they came up to her and just asked "Would you try and create a story out of this book?" or if they had a plot outlined already.

Also, why 'Fantastic Beasts' and not 'Quidditch' or 'Beedle?' I mean, 'Fantastic Beasts' is not the obvious choice.

From what Rowling said in the statement, it does seem like the final idea for the series came from her; and I mean, I'm sure whatever she came up to will be way better than anything WB had in mind, but I'd still be interested in learning more about Warner's original proposal.
Well, if they are planning to do another series of films, then Quidditch through the Ages and The Tales of Beedle the Bard could be part of that. Particularly with framing the story around the authors. That works best for the textbooks anyway. They could also do Hogwarts, A History and frame it around the founders as they planned and built the school and the subsequent conflicts. That's one I would absolutely love to see.

Has there been any information about the series in general or has it all just been about this one film?

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Sponsored Links