View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2014, 4:01 pm
Snidget of Champions

Re: NEW PROJECT by JKR: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - The Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhaps
I for one am glad she's been interacting more often with fans through her Twitter account. And stuff like this wakes up the fandom and helps us get pumped up for the Fantastic Beasts trilogy
Oh, I agree. I think JKR's involvement on Twitter is great for the general fandom; it's just that I have a hard time navigating it/following it for new information!

And I also agree that something like this invigorates the fandom and Potter enthusiasm, though I think it also underscores a rather sad desperation from the fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensieve_Seeker View Post
The "Newt Scamander only meant to stay in New York for a few hours" is helpful as it lets us know that the entire movie won't be taking place in that location.
Not necessarily. As I see it, the excerpt says that Newt did not mean to stay in New York for very long but that he ended up doing so. If the film starts with Newt in New York, it seems likely that it could be the dominant - if not only - location.

ETA: Just found this follow-up 'tweet' from JKR (see how bad I am with this?!):
@jkrowling, Twitter, October 7, 2014Newt only meant to stay in New York for a few hours. Circumstances ensured that he remained... for the length of a movie, anyway. X

So it seems that Newt will remain in New York (city or state?) for at least the first film.

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138

Last edited by MrSleepyHead; October 9th, 2014 at 4:15 pm.
Sponsored Links