View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2007, 6:43 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozenone View Post
Ok.....first things first. Did you REALLY need to have Harry go back to the Dursley's to ask for a ride? You are really packing it on thick if you want this is to be 130 buddy.

That's alot of talking involved on the Weasley's part aswell. I chuckled at the whole 'toilet' thing though. I'd forgetten about that line (I haven't read the 1st book in a WHILE!!) You really are trying your best to stick to cannon though I'll give you that.
About the Dursleys, I just don't won't a rehash of PS/mov when Hagrid takes Harry to Kings Cross the same day (or the day after) he takes him to Diagon Alley. Now I think about it, I could move things round so that he doesn't go back to Privet Drive, though I'd have to get rid of the scene when Harry names Hedwig, oh, well, I'll just make Harry call Hedwig Hedwig sometime.

About the Weasleys: I KNOW!!!! I couldn't believe how much they talked! What I do usually is reformat the book, remove unneccecary lines, then move things round for my liking. And still, after that their dialogue was 2 or 3 pages!!!

About the 130, I want to finish it first, no matter how long it is (I'm thinking it will come out between 150 and 200), and then I want to make it 130.

Edit: About the Dursleys: Here's the edited scene, and it flows better than the previous one.

Quote:
RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Yer ticket fer Hogwarts. First o' September - King's Cross - Platform Nine and Three Quarters - it's all on yer ticket.

Harry goes toward the train.

HARRY POTTER
Did you say Platform Nine and Three Quarters?

He turns back, but Hagrid has gone.

INT. KING’S CROSS STATION - LATE MORNING
(1/9/1991)

On one platform is a big plastic ‘9’ and on the platform next to it is a big plastic ‘10’. Vernon smiles evilly.

VERNON DURSLEY
Well, there you are, boy. Platform nine - platform ten. Your platform should be somewhere in the middle, but they don't seem to have built it yet.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; December 21st, 2007 at 6:48 am.
Sponsored Links