View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2007, 6:56 am
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
I've gone back and changed my first post-WB logo shot for "Spinner's End", and I will likely do so several more times . The next thing I post will actually be another scene, but not from HBP or DH. Instead, I'm either going to try my hand at the Harry/Dumbledore conversation from GoF's end or OotP's end, because I thought those scenes were each way too short and thin.
That would be cool. I remember when I attempted to cut down Dumbledore's conversation at the end of OOTP a few years back...OMG it's TOUGH. Like he talks for a LONG time and to cut it down the way they did in the movie was actually impressive lol. I can't wait to see your view on it. Here's more of the DH script and you'll notice the last thing I post in it isn't in the book AT ALL!! I just had the idea while I was writing and I want 2 see what you think. Don't hold back...throw things at me if you must (I'm not done with it at all...like I said writers block..maybe you can help me out?)

BTW remember this is first draft LOL..there is ALOT I want to change now. Especially all the Kreacher stuff and I'm still not sure how I'll bring Dobby in yet but I just wanted you guys to have a glimpse into my thinking process

INT. NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE-BEDROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry sitting on one bed and Hermione and Ron sitting on another facing him in conversation.

HERMIONE
So what do you suppose we do now? We can’t stay here long; we still have a mission to do. Harry I know you wanted to go see your parents grave at Godrics Hollow, but shouldn’t we make the Horcruxes our priority? With the pieces of Voldemort’s soul out there we can’t possibly defeat him.

HARRY
If we knew where the Horcruxes were, I’d agree with you.

HERMIONE
Voldemort’s probably keeping a watch on Godric’s Hollow, I’m sure he expects you to go back and visit you parents.

RON
This R.A.B. person, you know, the one who stole the real locket? He said in his note he was going to destroy it right?

HARRY
He said he’s stolen it and intended to destroy it as soon as he could.

RON
Well, what if he did finish it off?

HERMIONE
Or she.

RON
Yes, or she
(She smiles at him and he blushes but continues talking.)
It’d be one less for us to do!

HERMIONE
We still have to trace the locket to see if it’s destroyed.

HARRY
The question is how do you destroy a locket. I’ve been wondering how Dumbledore destroyed the ring. Why didn’t I ask him? I never really asked him anything….

HERMIONE
Well after Dumbledore’s funeral I kinda….borrowed some of his books…

RON
What?

HERMIONE
Only because I was sure we’d need them!

RON
You’re amazing!

HERMIONE
(clears throat)
Yes, well, from what I’ve read what Harry did to Riddle’s diary was one of the few really foolproof ways of destroying a Horcrux.

RON
Stabbing it with a basilisk fang? Lucky we’ve got such a large supply of those…

HERMIONE
It has to be something so destructive that the Horcrux can’t repair itself. Basilisk venom can only be destroyed by one thing….

HARRY
Phoenix tears.

RON
Did you read anything on if you make a Horcrux, somehow putting the pieces of your soul back together?

HERMIONE
Yes actually, I can’t see Voldemort attempting it however. You have to feel remorse. You’ve got to really feel what you’ve done. The pain is said to be unbearable and can destroy you….

Harry gets up and walks across the room.

HERMIONE
Harry what’s wrong?

HARRY
Don’t you see Hermione? We’re unprepared. Who knows what lies ahead of us; I wish Dumbledore were still here.

HERMIONE
(Her eyes widens)
He still is here Harry.
(She jumps up.)
Don’t’ you remember? After a headmaster dies a trace of himself is left…

HARRY
In a portrait, yeah. One problem though, it’s in Dumbledore’s office. There’s no way we can get there.

HERMIONE
Maybe not…but I think I know someone who could help us.

INT. NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE-SIRIUS ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Hermione leading Harry and Ron into Sirius’s room.

HARRY
Hermione what are we doing in Sirius’s room? How is this supposed to help?

HERMIONE
That!

She points at an empty portrait on the wall.

RON
Is there something we supposed to see?

HERMIONE
Don’t you see Ron. I just remembered. When Ron and I first got here 2 years ago Sirius took us on a tour. That portrait is of Phineas Nigellus Black.

HARRY
That’s great to know….

HERMIONE
He’s Sirius’s great great grandfather and old headmaster of Hogwarts. Don’t you see?

They both stare at her and wait for her to answer and she sigh’s in frustration.

HERMIONE
That’s the answer. As you know wizards can transport between their portraits. If we can somehow contact Phineas, maybe somehow we can contact Dumbledore through him.

HARRY
You think that’ll work?

HERMIONE
We might as well give it a try….
(She walks up to the portrait)
Phineas. Mr. Black are you there! Mr. Black we need to talk to you please!

Nothing happens and Hermione turns around with a look of disappointment.

HARRY
Maybe he’s busy with the new headmaster at Hogwarts whoever that is.

HERMIONE
Perhaps. We should keep a close watch on this just in case he appears.
(She starts to take the portrait down)
Who know’s how long we’ll be here. Might as well put it in my bag with everything else.

HARRY
I’m gonna go and see if I can find some food downstairs.

INT. NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE-HALLWAY

Harry turns and walks out into the hallway. He slowly walks towards the stairs and looks at the sign on the door next to Sirius’s. He keeps walking but pauses and turns back around quickly and stares at the sign which reads ‘Do Not Enter Without the Express Permission of Regulus Arcturus Black’

HARRY
Regulus Arcturus Black. R.A.B.
(His eyes widen)
HERMIONE, RON…COME HERE QUICK!

They both run out of the room with their wands drawn quickly.

RON
What’s wrong mate. If it’s massive spiders again I want to eat before…

HARRY
Wrong? Nothing’s wrong. Look at this.

They both read and Hermione gasps.

HERMIONE
R.A.B. is Sirius’s brother. Do you think…?

HARRY
He was a Death Eater….

RON
Does that mean the locket is….

They all stare at each other for a moment until Harry walks forward and pulls out his wand.

INT. NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE-REGULUS ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

There is a click and the door opens slowly by itself. Harry walks slowly into the room as the camera pans around showing everything around Regulus’s room. Harry walks up to a desk and picks up a photograph where there’s a picture of a young Sirius and Regulus looking up at Harry. The camera zooms in on Sirius smiling up and onto Harry who smiles slightly. He puts the picture around and turns to see Ron and Hermione tossing things aside.

RON
How do you expect to find a locket in this junk?

HERMIONE
Accio Horcrux!

Nothing happens.

HARRY
Nice try Hermione, I don’t think it’s in here.

HERMIONE
Harry but it has to be. Where else could it be?

HARRY
I don’t know…

RON
Well someone has to know.

HARRY
You’re right Ron. Who else could’ve possibly been around during this time?

Harry smiles strongly at them as the scene cuts to…

INT. NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE-KITCHEN-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to KREACHER carrying a large basket of scraps. Harry walks into the kitchen behind him.

HARRY
Kreacher!

Kreacher screams and drops the scraps on the ground. He clutches his heart.

KREACHER
Master? Back in my Mistress’s old house with the blood traitor Weasley and the Mudblood….

HARRY
I forbid you to call anyone ‘blood traitor’ or ‘Mudblood’. What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at the school?

KREACHER
My apologies Master, Kreacher will leave immediately…

HARRY
Actually I’m glad you’re here. I was just going to summon you anyway. I’ve got a question for you and I order you to answer it truthfully. Understand?

KREACHER
Yes, master.

Harry looks back and Ron and Hermione before asking.

HARRY
Did you know anything about a locket that Regulus Black stole from Lord Voldemort?

Kreacher’s eyes widen at the question and tears start to pour from his eyes.

KREACHER
Kreacher failed! Kreacher did wrong!

Kreacher turns and runs his head into the cabinet.

HARRY
I order you to stop!
(He kneels down eye level to him)
Please Kreacher, tell me what you know about the locket.

Kreacher looks up at Harry and sigh.

KREACHER
At the age of sixteen Master Regulus joined the Dark Lord. So proud, so proud, so happy to serve….

There is a FLASH and we see Regulus Black standing in the exact spot Harry is looking at Kreacher.

KREACHER
(V.O.)
Master Regulus came to Kreacher one day and said…that the Dark Lord required an elf and Master had volunteered Kreacher.

There is another FLASH and now we see Voldemort with Kreacher in the same boat in the CAVE from the last film riding across towards the island in the middle.

KREACHER
(V.O.)
The Dark Lord then took Kreacher to a cave and in the cave there was a great black lake which Kreacher took a boat across with the Dark Lord. There was a basin full of potion and…and…

There is a FLASH and now we see Kreacher rolling across the ground in pain and Voldemort laughing at the sight.

KREACHER
(V.O.)
He made Kreacher drink it, he made Kreacher drink all the potion. Kreacher saw terrible things, Kreacher’s insides burned. He dropped a locket into the empty basin…he filled it with more potion. And then the Dark Lord sailed away, leaving Kreacher on the island. Kreacher needed water, he drank from the black lake…and hands, dead hands, came out of the water and dragged Kreacher under the surface….

There’s a FLASH and we’re back at present time with Kreacher crying heavily as Harry is still kneeled in front of him.

HARRY
How did you get away?

KREACHER
Master Regulus told Kreacher to come back.

HARRY
I know, but how did you escape the Inferi?

KREACHER
Master Regulus told Kreacher to come back.

HARRY
I know, but….

RON
It’s obvious isn’t it Harry, he Disappaated.

HARRY
But you can’t Apparate in and out of that cave, otherwise Dumbledore…

RON
Elf magic isn’t’ like wizards magic, is it? I mean they can Apparate and Disapparate in and out of Hogwarts when we can’t. He’s proof of that right now.

KREACHER
The house elf’s highest law is his Master’s bidding.

HARRY
So then what happened?

There is a FLASH and once again we see Regulus kneeling down in front of Kreacher.

KREACHER
(V.O.)
Master was very worried, worried indeed. One night Master came to Kreacher and asked Kreacher to take him to the cave where Kreacher had gone with the Dark Lord.

FLASH now Kreacher and Regulus are standing on the island in front of the basin.

KREACHER
(V.O.)
Master Regulus took from his pocket a locket like the one the Dark Lord had and he told Kreacher to take it and, when the basic was empty, to switch the locket and he ordered Kreacher to leave without him and to destroy the first locket.

There is a shot of Kreacher crying as the Inferi slowly pulls Regulus under the water. Regulus looks up and smiles at Kreacher before he’s taken under.

KREACHER
(V.O.)
Master Regulus was dragged beneath the water…and….

FLASH they’re back in common time and Hermione is in tears. Ron goes to comfort her and Harry sits down beside Kreature and stares ahead as the elf continues to cry.

HARRY
So you brought the locket here and tried to destroy it?

KREACHER
Nothing Kreacher did made any mark upon it. He failed…failed…

HARRY
Kreacher do you still have the locket?

Kreacher looks up at Harry and nods. He pulls the locket out of his pocket and shows it to Harry.

HARRY
May I have it please?

KREACHER
If Master wishes than it is so

He starts to cry even harder as he hands the locket to Harry. Harry looks at it for a second and then takes the fake locket out of his pocket.

HARRY
Kreacher, I’d like you to have this. This belonged to Regulus and I’m sure he’d want you to have it as a token of gratitude for what you…

KREACHER
(He looks up with Harry with tears forming in his eyes as he reaches out and grabs the locket)
Thank you master…thank you…

Kreacher smiles at Harry and Harry smiles back as Kreature holds the locket to his heart and walks away. Harry stares at the locket and we hear a soft beating like a heart. He tries to open it with it doesn’t bulge. He hands it to Ron who looks at aswell.

HARRY
I reckon we’re going to have to work out how to open this thing before we can destroy it.

RON
There’s definitely dark magic in this thing, it somehow makes me feel a little….angry….

He passes it to Hermione.

HERMIONE
What are we going to do with it?

HARRY
Keep it safe till we work out how to destroy it.

She hands it back to Harry who stares at it for a moment as the camera zooms in on it as the scene fades.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-A FEW DAYS LATER-BEDROOM

Harry is putting on his jacket when Hermione comes in.

HERMIONE
Breakfast is ready Harry. Who knew Kreacher was such an excellent cook!

HARRY
He’s sure come around hasn’t he.

HERMIONE
You know what today is don’t you Harry? It’s the first day of school…and we’re not there. Weird huh?

HARRY
Yeah…I wonder what they’re doing…

Harry looks out the window and the camera passes by him quickly into a sea of clouds. The clouds part way and in the distance we see HOGWARTS.

INT. HOGWARTS-THE GREAT HALL-NIGHT
The scene cuts to a shot of Ginny sitting at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall and NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM sits down next to her.

NEVILLE
Hey Ginny.

GINNY
Neville hey, how was your summer.

NEVILLE
Don’t ask.
(He leans in to whisper)
Where’s Harry, Ron, and Hermione?

GINNY
I’m not sure…

The hall goes quiet as the camera slowly pans up and shows standing in front of the podium Snape looking out over the hall.

SNAPE
I’d like to introduce the new headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Severus Snape.

There are gasps heard throughout the hall and there’s a shot of the Slytherians looks proud. The camera pans down the teacher table all of them looking nervous and MCGONAGALL looks furious.

SNAPE
I’d like to introduce a few new teachers to you all. Alecto Carrow will take over for Muggle Studies and Amycus Carrow will be filling the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Neville leans in to Ginny as he says this.

NEVILLE
Aren’t both of them Death Eaters.

GINNY
Looks like You Know Who has his hand in Hogwarts as well.

SNAPE
I welcome the opportunity to uphold our finest Wizarding traditions and values. Rule breaking however, will result in harsh punishments. A new day and age is here and those who object will be dealt with.

He gives a half smile as the scene cuts to the students filing out of the Great Hall to their respected Dorms. Ginny however walks out of the front doors and looks up at the sky. Neville walks up behind her.

NEVILLE
Ginny are you alright?

GINNY
Yeah…I’m just wondering if they’re okay. I hope Ron and Hermione are all right.

NEVILLE
They’re strong Ginny, I’m sure wherever they are they’re fine.

He pats her on her back and turns around to walk in. Ginny continues to look up.

GINNY
(Whispers)
Harry…

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-ROOM-MORNING

The scene fades to a faded Ginny in the exact window that Harry is looking out of. He sighs and we notice that there are 5 Death Eaters standing out side of the house looking rather confused. Hermione walks up behind him.

HERMIONE
Apparently Snape hasn’t given them our whereabouts. They can’t see Number 12 because the secret keeper hasn’t told them. There’s nothing to worry about…

HARRY
I know..I just…I was thinking about Ginny. I hope she’s all right.

HERMIONE
She’s fine Harry…

Harry looks behind Hermione and sees Kreachur happily humming a tune as he goes down the hall.

HARRY
He sure is happy…

Harry turns around and looks out the window but all the Death Eaters are gone.

HARRY
That’s strange…where did they all go.

THUD. Harry and Hermione both turn around quickly as they hear noise coming from downstairs.

HERMIONE
What was that?

HARRY
Maybe Kreachure tripped again…

HERMIONE
(Pulls out her wand)
Homenum revelio!

There is a loud SWOOSH.

HERMIONE
(whispers)
Harry…someone else is here…

Harry pulls out his wand and they both walk slowly towards the stairwell as they hear faintly the defenses in the house going off. They look down the staircase and looking up at them holding a large BAG is Snape.

SNAPE
Potter!

HARRY
Hermione get Ron!

Harry blasts a spell at Snape which he deflects with ease. Hermione runs upstairs to fetch Ron as Harry continues to throw spells at Snape.

SNAPE
No Potter!

HARRY
MURDERER!

A green flash flies out of Harry’s wand but Snape avoids it and BAM a hole is knocked in the wall. Harry tries to cast another spell but it flies all across the room exploding the jars of heads in the hallway. He panicks and runs upstairs behind Hermione who comes running out of the bedroom with her bag and Ron at her hand.

RON
What’s going on?

Snape runs upstairs and Ron gasps as Hermione grabs Harry’s arm closes her eyes and SWOOSH they disappear. Snape runs to where they are and stops. He turns around as the scene fades to…

EXT. DARK WOODS-MOMENTS LATER

The scene fades to a shot of the WOODS with the sun setting in the distance. SWOOSH Harry, Ron, and Hermione appear falling on the ground. Harry is the first to stand up and dust himself off. He then angrily punches the tree in front of him.

HERMIONE
Harry….

HARRY
I could’ve killed him! I can’t believe I missed. My wand wasn’t working properly.

HERMIONE
What do you mean?

HARRY
I mean what I said Hermione! The spells I intended to throw….it didn’t work….and I don’t know….

Hermione grabs the hand Harry just punched the tree with and it’s bloody.

HERMIONE
I think I have something for this in my bag.

She walks over and starts rummaging through the bag.

RON
Guess those protections didn’t work to well. Now what are we going to do?

HERMIONE
(Walking over to Harry and pouring a liquid on his hand)
We can set up camp here for now. I’ll put some protective enchantments up around this place so we’re not detected. Ron could you grab the tent in the bag?

RON
You packed a tent? Do you think of everything?

She smiles and runs off as the scene cuts to a shot of the TENT standing in the middle of the woods. Ron and Harry putting the finishing touches on it when Hermione walks back up to them.

HERMIONE
That’s as much as I can do. At the very least, we should know they’re coming. I can’t guarantee it will keep out Vol…

RON
Don’t say his name!

HERMIONE
Honestly Ronald, Fear of a name….

RON
I know, it’s just….I feel like it’s a jinx or something. Can’t we call him You-Know-Who…please?

HERMIONE
Well regardless we should take turns keeping watch outside of the tent. We’ll also need to think about some food as well. I found some mushrooms while I was out putting up the protections.

RON
(Grumpily)
Great…

He turns and walks into the tent as Hermione walks over to Harry, who is now sitting on the ground outside the tent, and sits down beside him.

HERMIONE
Harry what’s wrong?

HARRY
I think I’m losing it Hermione. It’s like when I saw Snape I couldn’t think straight…I…I….

Hermione notices the locket hanging around Harry’s neck and realizes what happened.

HERMIONE
Of course…Harry hand me the Horcrux. The locket Harry give it to me!

Harry takes it from around his neck and hands it to Hermione and his expression immediately changes.

HERMIONE
Better?

HARRY
Yeah, loads better.

HERMIONE
I think it’s better if we take turns wearing it. It obviously affects anyone who wears it. It’s too much of a burden for someone to carry alone anyways.

HARRY
Thanks Hermione

He looks at her and smiles and she smiles back at him and the camera pans up at Ron looking at them from inside the tent. He turns to walk away.

INT. THE TENT-WOODS-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Ron sleeping in the tent and Harry is sitting up looking at the Mauraders map.

HARRY
I hope you’re okay Ginny….

The camera then zooms over Harry’s shoulder and close to the map and the scene switches to another shot of Hogwarts. The scene then cuts to

INT. HOGWARTS-DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASS-DAY

One of the Death Eaters Amycus Carrow is sitting in front of the class and there’s a student laying on the floor crying. Standing beside him is Goyle with his wand held out.

AMYCUS
This is what happens to bad children!
(Laughs)
So much like your father you are. Watch class, this is what happens when you step out of line. Mr. Goyle if you please!

GOYLE
Crucio!!!

The student on the floor screams in pain. The camera pans to Neville with anger in his eyes as he jumps up.

NEVILLE
STOP IT!

Goyle and the Amycus both look up.

AMYCUS
Problem Mr. Longbottom? You don’t want me to send you to detention do you?
(Laughs)
You’re a Pure Blood Longbottom. Filthy half breeds like this shouldn’t be in this school and you know it!

NEVILLE
They have every right!

AMYCUS
Watch your tongue! Now Longbottom I think it’s best if you participate in today’s lesson. You know what to do. Practice the Crucatus curse on this Mudblood

NEVILLE
NO! I won’t do it!

AMYCUS
(He walks slowly up to Neville)
Pity…

Amycus pulls out a knife and SWOOSH slashes it across Neville’s cheek. Neville falls to the ground in pain as Amycus walks back in front of the class.

AMYCUS
Anyone else has anything to say?

INT. HOGWARTS-COURTYARD-EVENING

The scene cuts to Neville sitting in the Courtyard with a bandage on his cheek and LUNA and Ginny sitting beside him.

LUNA
That was a brave thing you did Neville. Standing up to him like that.

GINNY
This is ridiculous.
(She looks at a kid chained to a statue in the courtyard)
That’s horrible…This isn’t Hogwarts anymore.

LUNA
But we’re still here, that means Dumbledore’s Army lives on right?

NEVILLE
Exactly. As long as I can I won’t let harm come to anyone innocent at this school.

He stands up, pulls out his wand to free the child until SMACK he’s hit with a spell from his left. Ginny and Luna rush to his side and standing there is Alecto Carrow.

ALECTO
I hope you weren’t thinking about freeing that boy Longbottom?

GINNY
You monster!

ALECTO
Watch you’re tongue Weasley before it’s cut out. Get out of here all three of you! Filthy Mudbloods deserve to be punished.

LUNA
Funny…I wonder how much Muggle blood you have running through your veins.

SMACK Luna is slapped by Alecto with brute force and she looks up with blood running down her nose.

ALECTO
You will pay for that Lovegood!

She marches away angrily and blasts a student as she walks by.

NEVILLE
I wish Harry was here. I wish I knew what they were up to and that we could somehow help.

GINNY
Maybe we can….

INT. HEADMASTERS OFFICE-HOGWARTS-NIGHT

The scene cuts to the SPINNING GARGOYLE. Ginny, Neville, and Luna walk out and into Snape’s office.

NEVILLE
You sure this will help?

GINNY
Dad told me that Harry was left Gryffindor’s Sword, it’s rightfully Harry’s.

LUNA
I hope Seamus’s distraction keeps Snape long enough.

NEVILLE
Where do you think it is.

Ginny looks around and notices the Sword sitting in a mirror case on the wall.

GINNY
There
(She pulls out her wand)
ACCIO GRYFFINDOR SWORD

SMASH the glass of the case shatters everywhere as the sword comes flying at them. Ginny quicky grabs it by the handle and looks at it.

GINNY
Great…lets go….

They turn around and freeze because standing in front of them is Snape holding on to SEAMUS.

SNAPE
And what exactly do you think you’re doing?

The three of them back away as the camera pans away out of the window and through the clouds. SWOOSH there is a wide shot of the forest and it is now Fall. Leaves are falling everywhere as the camera zooms in on the tent.

Last edited by Phrozenone; December 22nd, 2007 at 7:01 am.
Sponsored Links