View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2017, 4:07 am
Curse Breaker

Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (with spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrienie View Post
Out of curiosity, have you started reading it yet?

(Hi, everyone, by the way. I'm sure most of the people who still come on here regularly all know each other. I haven't been on in ages, but I'm in need of a good old fashioned Potter forum these days. )
I read it in one sitting. Once you get used to the script style it's pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
I'd say the main question about whether to start reading Cursed Child is not whether to read before seeing the play, but, rather, do you want your current perspective of the series (and canon) to be potentially changed? I would approach Cursed Child with the understanding that it may change how you see the original series and be comfortable if it does - for better or worse. Of course, you may feel like it won't affect your original perspective, but it is certainly something that can't be unread!

To adrienie: Welcome back! I understand your want for a traditional forum to discuss Harry Potter! Reddit, tumblr, or Facebook just aren't the same...
You're correct of course. I think it's what had kept me from reading it sooner. That being said, it does change things a bit, but I think it's consistent with what happens in real life. In my opinion, it's more probable than not that the characters would change not only because of marriage, children, parenting, etc., but that what happened in the past would still impact them, conscious or not (I don't think that all the trauma would have been worked through yet, do you?). In some ways the choices Harry had to make in the end seemed more personally painful than battling Voldemort in his youth.

....I miss David Tennant....

Last edited by HedwigOwl; September 25th, 2017 at 4:21 am.
Sponsored Links