View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2011, 5:45 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Plot holes, inconsistencies, and contradictions v. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux4 View Post
I think Jo said something about killing off all Harry's family but Petunia so he'd have no other relatives. I'll see if I can find the quote.
Yes, at some point Jo did say that. Plus she mentioned that James' parents had him later in life, so they doted on him (making him the spoiled brat we see on the train when he was 11 ).

So this implies that witches and wizards could have kids long after mere Muggles can. It's possible that James' parents didn't have James til they were in their 100s. And if their parents waited until later in life as well....well, it seems easy to figure out that James' relatives could be all dead.

As for Petunia and Lily's parents, I think Jo also just got rid of them for convienence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfitz View Post
I think it is the same thing regardless. The container needs to be irreparably damaged. With pheonix tears on hand, Harry was prevented from becoming irreparably damaged, which, for living things, means dead.
This is the way I saw it too. If Harry had died from the basilisk venom, I think the horcrux within Harry would also have died. But since the venom never "destroyed" Harry, it also did not have time to destroy the horcrux within him. The phoenix tears healed both him and the horcrux within Harry.

Ravenclaw on COS
Slytherin on Pottermore:
Yeah, that's about right!
HawthornAsphodel133
Sponsored Links