View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2010, 8:06 am
Second Year
Re: Deathly Hallows Part 1: Romantic moments & that scene...

Originally Posted by Erin6 View Post
I totally understand the point you are making regarding the purpose of the dance, and if that was the purpose, then Yates explanation as to why the Stone scene was cut makes zero sense.

I also have zero problems with Hermione in this scene. She walks away. She chooses Ron. I guess I feel this choice she makes would have been more effective if there was an alone scene with Ron and Hermione showing her feelings for him a lot more clearly.

I know exactly where you are coming from. In my ideal world the stone skimming scene would've been in there too. And even a R/Hr dance. For contrast! But alas, I'm left hoping for an extended edition and at the very least the deleted scenes. I'm just going to have to trust that, without having seen the stone skimming scene, Yates had a good reason.

To play the Devil's Advocate (aka Yates at this point), perhaps the humour and lightness of Ron's scene with Hermione undercut the build up to him leaving. There really isn't that much time devoted to building up Ron's desperate state, it's basically just a montage type scene. As such, perhaps a scene showing Ron having a good time while camping might have been counter productive to Ron's leaving?

Sponsored Links