View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2020, 6:33 pm
Curse Breaker

Re: Rate / Review the Last Film you've seen v.3

I'd give BoP a 7 or 8. It was foul-mouthed and violent, but not as unrestrained as its animated counterpart. Robbie did a good job and most of the casting worked. However, there were moments where you could tell they must have approached J-Lo 6 times to play Montoya before during and after the shooting of Hustlers. Rosie Perez did a nice job with what they gave her, but they gave her less than they were intending for the character. This is as close to a foundation as DC live action has now.

Call Of The Wild---How they made this into a bloodless, clean, almost stakeless family romp is bewildering. They had twenty minutes of 1890s Beethoven, about 35 to 40 minutes of a Balto shot-for-shot which was way more impressive until I realized walking out of the theater that it was a Balto shot-for-shot. And the balance was not as clearly defined but was definitely not Call of the Wild And giving Ford's Thornton posthumous narrator duty was...odd. The parts were well executed, but they didn't stitch.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Sponsored Links