View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2020, 1:57 pm
Zonko's Employee

Re: Rate / Review the Last Film you've seen v.3

Emma - It grows on you. At first, it seemed such a stylized (hints of Wes Anderson) period piece. With a little background reading on the book (which I have not read), I understand it better as a 'coming of age' story, in which Emma has never really grown up past early adolescence when her mother died but has too much sway in the community as the effective head of one of the largest estates and finds that her still-adolescent attitudes about people are harmful and counterproductive. One problem is that George Knightley comes off from the beginning as a love interest, when he is nearly twice her age (not an empediment, particularly in that age) and really begins as far more of a family friend and has stepped into a parenting role to instruct Emma on treating people with better respect. All that takes some time to absorb, and I may see it again, now that i have learned more of the full story. 9/10

Here he is on a summer vacation trip to the Canary Islands with Fluffy, his second favorite dog.
Sponsored Links