View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2007, 6:35 am
Third Year

Re: HP Book 7 Fanfic

PART 2: GINNY

It was late when Harry, Hermione, and the Weasley's came home from the wedding. There had been a lot of tears shed at the wedding, exactly the opposite of the effect it was supposed to have. Even Fleur, who normally tried to be optomistic and happy about everything, was miserable. She had never met Lupin before, but Bill talked very highly of him all the time. This seemed to even dampen Harry's already thoroughly depressed mood. But there was something else bothering Harry's mind. It was Ginny.

How was he supposed to tell her he loved her before he left? He couldn't do it, not while she was already so miserable. But Harry couldn't just leave the next morning without telling her. He might never see her again. He had decided while they were coming home from the party to tell her after everyone was asleep. While they were coming in the house, he whispered in her ear:

"I need to talk to you in about 2 hours. Meet me in the back yard. This is important."

Harry had changed into his pajamas (one of Dudley's old tee shirts and a pair of shorts) and lied in his bed until Ron was asleep. About an hour and a half later, Ron's snores filled the room. Harry crept out of bed and snuck downstairs into the back yard. He wanted to be out there, alone, just to think about things for a while. Harry opened the door and walked out into the yard. Moonlight shone brightly against the Weasley's home. He gripped the fence, staring into space, thoughts filling his mind.

Several thoughts had dawned upon him after hearing of Lupin's death. The first one was that three of the four Marauders were dead. James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew were the four Marauders of Hogwarts. But as Peter had been evil, Harry's father and his father's best friends were the only people who mattered. My father's memory here is gone, Harry thought bitterly. Harry didn't realize this, but his father's legacy would live on, through him.

Another fact that dawned upon him was that he would not be able to see or contact the Weasley's for another couple of years. He should have had a last good-bye before he left, but he didn't want to upset the already stressed out Mrs. Weasley.

The door creaked open behind him. Harry turned around. Ginny walked up beside him. She was dressed in her pajamas, an over-larged tee shirt and a pair of knee length cotton pants. She spoke softly, as though someone might overhear them.

"Why did you want to see me?" she asked.

"I had to talk to you," Harry replied, "Ron, Hermione, and me are leaving tomorrow. I might never see you again. There are things I need to tell you. Things I may never get a chance to say again."

Ginny listened quietly, her face questioning. It was clear that she had no idea what he had in store to say to her.

"Ginny, I was going to tell you this at the party," Harry was talking fast, letting it all spill out, "I planned on dancing with you and telling you, but I never got the chance. I just wanted to say, I thought you looked beautiful in that dress. I've liked you for such a long time, and I should have realized that before. Like I said, we could have had ages... But this is more important. I wanted to say, I... I..." Harry stammered at this point.

Ginny looked at him with a small grin on her face. "Well, spit it out."

"I love you," Harry said.

Ginny was shocked. For moments, all she could do was stare at him. Then she looked away. "I should have figured that out too. I never really gave up on you, and i've said that before. I'm glad I didn't. I wouldn't be able to say what i'm about to say." She turned and looked at Harry.

"I love you too."

Harry grinned. A happiness and sadness had filled him at the same exact moment. Knowing that Ginnny loved him made him happy, while being away from her cause him to be sad. But Ginny stepped forward and looked into his eyes. Her big, brown eyes penetrated his gaze and saw inside him. He leaned down to her as she leaned forward. Harry closed his eyes and kissed her.

YOU KNOW YOU WANNA POST SOME FEEDBACK....

-xx-
hplova

"The eyes are the window to the soul."

James was happier than he had been in a while. He laughed constantly when he was talking to her and he was always drawn into the conversation by her charming smile and her eyes glittering gold, they were unlike anything James had ever seen. ~STOP AND STARE

Stop and Stare by me & MissProngs & Feedback ~ * ~ The Last Horcrux (Completed!) & feedback ~ * ~ Lovestruck & feedback

'Sirius Black is sexy, right?' Of course she was right. The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders.

I love Harry Potter and Twilight. It can happen without a war.

Last edited by hplova15165; October 7th, 2007 at 6:47 am.
Sponsored Links