View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2011, 6:26 am
Fourth Year

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.6

Since I havnt been on this thread before I'd better answer the questions.

1. After reading DH, to what extent do you think is Snape responsible for what happened to the Potters?
Well as he was the one who told the prophecy to Voldemort he is undoubtedly responsible to a degree but then he also went and warned Dumbledore which probably delayed their killings. If he realised what Voldemort was going to do with the prophecy he obviously wouldnt have told him about it.
  1. Do you think Snape's character development arc is complete?
Yes. I'd say so.
  1. To what extent are Snape's parents to blame for his later choices and to what extent are they his own responsibility?
I think a mix ob both his parents and his own personal choices are responsible.
  1. Do you think Snape would have moved on if Lily had not died? Would he have turned to the good side in that case?
I think he probably would have stayed a Death Eater.
  1. Why do you think Snape was so reluctant to approach Lily? Would he have been interested in her if she had not been magical?
If Lily was a muggle I dont think Snape would have been as interested.
  1. How did Hogwarts effect the friendship between Snape and Lily? We see that up until fifth year they consider themselves to be "best friends", despite the house system. Do you think they both worked to maintain the friendship?
I think it was Snape's friendship with the Slytherins who were going to become death eaters that ultimatly led to their friendship ending. If the house system wasnt their im not sure if this would have happened.
  1. How would Snape's life have been different if he had managed to save their friendship?
I really dont know.
  1. Snape is revealed to have been acting throughout the series out of love for Lily, how does this effect your view of his actions in the series - his "murder" of Dumbledore, his treatment of Sirius?
I usually see Snape as a bad person who did good things because of his love of Lily
  1. How do the revelations of DH impact your view of Snape's treatment of Harry and Neville throughout the series?
It certainly explains his hatred of Harry. Not too sure why he hated Neville so much. maybe bacause Voldemort could havr tried to kill him too.
  1. Do you think he wanted or needed Harry's forgiveness on some level?
yes that is why he lift Harry all of his memories.
  1. Do you agree with the author's take on Snape's character as revealed in interviews?
Yes
  1. Which elements do you think make Snape the most controversial character of the series?
The fact that no one knew what side he was on or his motivations until the very end,.
  1. What do you think are Snape's major strengths? What are his major flaws?
Strength intelligence and magical skills. weakness social skills
  1. If you had to summarize Snape's character to someone who had never read the books what would you tell them?
A man impossible to understand until the very end.
  1. What do you reckon Snape valued most in life?
loyalty

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Pottermore Username: HallowSkull189
Sponsored Links