View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2013, 1:43 am
First Year

Re: Seven Years And Counting

~~~

Chapter Thirteen
"I Was Wondering If I Could Get You To Think About This,"
He Said, Pressing His Lips Against Hers.

~~~

To truly understand Addie Sanders one must know that she and sleep are best friends. Even more so, at times, than James was. If she so much as stifled a yawn, she was ready to either take a nap, or go to bed. Even if she was in the middle of class, if she was tired, she went to sleep. Her grades suffered from it a little, but she was able to manage. If she was asleep, everyone was advised that it was best to just leave her alone, no matter how late she was running for class. If someone tried to wake her up she would have her want out in a second, and more than likely use an Unforgivable Curse or two without second thought. The point being? Addie valued sleep too much to stay up all night worrying about her problems. If she failed a test, got in a fight, or even thought of James once she realised she had more than friends feelings for him, she would not stay up all night thinking of those things because she thought about them all day. Why waste precious time to sleep?

Last night, however, Addie did stay up all night. She didnít get a lick of sleep, and it was because of James. He promised her that he would go to the party she threw for him. Of course, it was for the rest of the Gryffindor team as well, but James was her main concern. She spent all week working on it, too. There were very realistic spiders and webs hanging around the room, various cauldrons full of potions that the guests could try if they dared, a few skeletons she found in old abandoned classrooms, and a few of the guests even dressed up. Needless to say, the party was a success. Everyone told her so right before they headed to bed. Will tried asking a girl named Abigail Rodgers to the wedding, but she turned him down, and she had seen Noah smile more than she had during the whole year.

The problem was the fact James never showed up. Not even once. Instead, he chose to spend three or more hours (the duration of the party until everyone grew tired and went to bed, which even then Addie stayed up until the House Elves came and cleared away her decorations) with a girl Addie didnít even like! Not that she knew her well enough to dislike her, and she could admit to her feelings being pure jealousy, but James was supposed to be Addieís friend. He completely abandoned any and every thought of coming to take in her hard work.

So, last night was the first night Addie stayed up the entire night. She still hadn't slept and her eyes were swollen from all of the crying she had done right up to the point until she used a charm to reduce the swelling. She was trying to get ready for classes, even though she was past the point of pure exhaustion now. Still, she had never skipped a whole day of classes before and she didn't want anyone to wonder.

Addie reached into her trunk and grabbed her school clothes, books, and other supplies she would need for the day when she noticed a letter her mum wrote to her a couple days ago was still unopened. Classes aside, she took the letter and sat on her bed to read it.

Dearest Addie,

Harold says hi.

Addie rolled her eyes.

I know you two don't really know each other very well, but he really is a great man, sweetheart. I wouldn't be marrying him if I didn't love him. I know you think I marry too easily, especially since I remarried shortly after your father died, but you knew your father. He was such a free spirit. He wouldn't want me to be unhappy just because he is gone. He even told me himself. I also want you to know I miss him more and more every day, and never once have I stopped thinking about your father or you.

Harold is a wonderful man, and even though he is the third man I'm going to marry since your father's death doesn't mean I love him any less. The others didn't work out because they couldn't understand that I could love them and your father, too. Harold understands that, and he would really like to get to know you better as well. I just hope you can give him the chance and that you could possibly talk to him at the wedding. I just want to be happy, Addie. I want for the both of us to be happy. That's all a mother could ever wish for.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Love,
Mum

P.S How is everything at school? Are you getting good marks?

Addie scoffed and threw the letter to the side.

Seriously, she thought, how many idiots think I fall for this load of bull? The handwriting looked nothing like her mothers, and even though she didn't know what Harold's writing looked like, she was pretty sure he wrote the letter. She had to hand it to him, though. He tried harder than the other two.

"The others didn't work out because they couldn't understand that I could love them and your father, too." She read aloud mockingly. "Garbage!" Both her and her mother knew the marriages didn't work out because her mum kept their secret about being witches with her second husband, which she obviously did tell Harold. Her third marriage, however, she must not have told him about or else he would never have said that. Her mum's third marriage was with a man who creeped Addie out to this day. Whenever she would come home for holidays he would try to get her alone and take her out for outings between the two of them. She still wasn't sure if her mum broke that marriage off because it was the right thing or if it was because she was just jealous.

It wasn't that Addie didn't love her mother, she just couldn't tolerate her anymore. There relationship definitely started failing once her father died, but it wasn't like she wasn't like this since day one. In fact, Addie admired her father for staying with them for as long as he did. When she was very little Addie remembered her mother being pregnant. Of course, at her age she thought her mother was just very fat. It took years for her to figure out the truth. She never saw another baby, and her parents never told her. She remembered hearing something her father yelled at her mother about once, though. He was angry because she had talked to another man. Again, many years later, Addie figured out what that meant as well. Of course, neither parent ever knew she did.

Reading the letter infuriated her more so she decided today would be the first day she would skip all classes. She wouldn't even bother telling James about it either just to give him a taste of his own medicine. Before going straight to sleep, however, she decided she would reply to her "mother". She pulled out two pieces of parchment, an ink canister, a quill, and then flopped down belly first on her bed.

Each parchment was designated to a letter. One was to her "mother", and the other was for her dad. Even though he was gone, she still found it easier to relate to him on certain issues. She could tell him how school was and ask about boy advice and other things mothers and daughters did, but he was there for her to talk to. She had a whole pile of letters at the bottom of her trunk full of these sorts of letters from the last five years. No one knew about them, and she found it helped her more than a diary ever could.

Mum,

School is great. My marks are OK. James and Will are coming to the wedding. James has a date but I'm not sure Will will have one in time. I'm bringing my friend Noah.

Hi, Harold.

Addie

When she finished the letter she sealed it and tossed it to the side, ready to start the next one.

Dad,

How does mum do it? How does she fall in love so easily when it hurts so much to get over it in the end? I've told you about James Potter before haven't I? Mum never listens to me when I talk about him, but I know you know. I've written about him and Will many times. They're my best mates. Only, I'm starting to realise I have more than just friendly feelings toward James. It wasn't a problem last year. Last year he was just another boy who made me laugh and I went on adventures on with. Something about this year changed him though. It's not the sudden act of maturity with being a Prefect, I know that's not it. I could care less about how mature he is. I think it has just finally hit me how much I've always liked him because we are so alike. Of course, his mum and dad are still together and they love each other very much.

Mum is getting married again. This makes husband number four altogether. Harold. That's his name. He seems nice enough in his letters and he wasn't that bad over Summer, but I'm tired of all of these new men in my life. Of course, mum doesn't really care about what I think of the whole ordeal. She only cares about what makes her happy. When I told her how I felt about her getting married and dating all of these different men and how I didn't like it, she called me selfish. Me? Selfish?

Don't get me wrong, I love her, but only because society tells me to. She has her quirks and we've had some good memories, but I wish she would love me like she loves all of the men in her life. With you I never felt second best. You loved me and I knew it. Sometimes I wish you and mum would have just gotten in a divorce so I could come live with you instead. You never would have gotten in that car accident, you guys never would have had to lied to me and pretend everything was going great in your relationship, and mum wouldn't have to pretend she loves me anymore. Who knows, maybe mum already met her Mister Right since you died and he left her because he doesn't like kids. I bet that really put a burden on her. Oh well.

Well, I'm skipping classes today and the only way I can feel less guilty about doing so is by sleeping, so I'm going to go now. I'll write to you soon though! I promise.

Love,
Addie-Bear

P.S I love you.

She sealed this letter as well and then picked the other letter up. Deciding to send her letter to her mum now before falling asleep, she pitched a letter into her trunk and then headed straight for the owlery.

Never again am I fighting sleep, she thought while grumpily stomping down the stairs of the grand staircase. Now that she wrote a letter to her father, something she should have done in the beginning, she felt more at ease with sleep and wanted to more than ever. Only, she was a day late on replying to Harold and she would really rather not have him try to impersonate her mother again.

When she got to the owlery, she wasn't expecting to see a tall, hulking Australian talking to his owl. Noah was stroking the feathers of an all black owl with large, yellow eyes. Not wanting to attract attention to herself, Addie decided to move quietly along. The sooner she was out of there, the sooner she could sleep. An owl above her didn't have the same idea as her however. The said creature swooped down, barely missing her head as she ducked and screamed out of pure surprise, before heading out the window right next to Noah. He looked around for the one who screamed and saw Addie standing hunched over and with her arms above her head. He smiled and then sent his owl on its way before coming to see her.

"Shouldn't you be in classes?" he asked, reaching out to pluck the feathers fallen from the blasted owl who blew her cover out of her robes.

"I could ask you the same thing," she said, giving up on her plans.

"I have a free period," he replied with a quizzical raised eyebrow. "But that was a lovely way to avoid my question."

Addie sighed, feeling it was useless to lie to him since he most likely didn't care. "I'm skipping for the day, but don't tell James. I just wanted to send this letter off since I missed morning post and then go back to sleep," she said honestly.

Noah nodded in understanding and began walking with her once she started walking up the stairs until she found her own owl.

"Everyone is entitled to a skip day or two. As long as you know you'll get at least one or two detentions and you don't make a habit out of it." Noah was being more understanding about it than she thought he would be.

"Of course," she lied. It wasn't a habit, but she never thought about the detentions. Oh well, she thought, it's still not worth staying awake for.

Addie found her owl, a grey and black one which she called Pepper, and stroked him gently between his ears.

"Here you go, boy. Deliver this to mum for me, and make sure you don't leave her alone until she gives you a nice dead mouse as a treat." She attached the letter to his foot and then he was off. She smiled at the thought of her mother receiving the letter and then not being able to get rid of the owl. Addie made him accept different varieties of payment from her mother so the woman couldn't get away from him as easily.

"Nice owl," Noah commented when she hadn't said anything else. In all honesty, she already forgot he was there. Man I'm tired.

"Thanks," she answered. "His name is Pepper. He was my dad's, but I was allowed to name him. What's yours named?" she asked, half expecting the name Midnight.

"Toothless." Noah smiled and then chuckled at her confused look. "I got it off of some old film I watched with my sister over the summer. It's quite charming actually..."

"I'll take your word for it," Addie yawned. They were already leaving the owlery and he was still walking next to her. She decided she would allow the company until he ventured off on his own path. Or until she reached the girl's dormitory. Whichever came first.

"So you wrote to your mum, too?"

Addie looked lost for a moment and then remembered he sent a letter off as well. She nodded her head and continued to walk silently.

"Yeah, my mum always worries about me. We don't talk much at home anymore, she feels guilty about her most recent marriage, I know she does. I still write to her though. It seems less awkward when we talk with ink and parchment. What about you? How does your mum feel about this wedding?"

Addie shrugged, honestly not knowing how her mother felt. She knew what Harold thought her mother felt, but she really preferred not to get into that.

"I don't know," she said with an obvious "I don't care either" attitude. Noah looked at her curiously but she ignored it. "I was just updating her on who was coming to the wedding. I told her you were coming, too." She added quickly when she noticed he was about to ask anyway. He smirked and opened the door for her.

Addie smiled at the gesture and walked ahead of him. The halls were still empty, and she only ran into a few people on the grand staircase, but no one she knew well enough to worry about them figuring out if she was supposed to be in class or not. Noah, on the other hand, knew most of them and waved at a few of the passerby. They waved, nodded, or said "Hello" quickly before continuing on their merry way.

Noah looked at her with an amused expression and put an arm around her shoulders, giving her a small squeeze.

"Ease up, Ads. No one is going to tell on you. Besides, I'm sure your professors will figure out you're missing on their own." She rolled her eyes and groaned. "Why are you skipping anyway? Besides looking a little peckish, you seem alright to me."

"I didn't sleep a wink last night," she admitted. She was surprised she didn't look worse than "a little peckish", but she would take that over hideously deprived of sleep any day. "James never even showed to that party last night, and unless he came in after hours, I still don't really know where he is." She answered before he was able to ask. She decided to skip out on the whole crying and jealousy thing seeing as how Noah was going to be her date to her mother's wedding.

"Hmmm," he responded curiously. "I hope he's alright then. That other friend of yours that you two always hang out with, Will," he said as if she didn't know her other best friend's name, "wasn't with him this morning either. I didn't ask about it, but I figured he was headed to a class the three of you didn't share."

"That git!" Addie yelled, making Noah jump slightly.

"Will...?" he trailed, waiting for her to specify.

"No, not Will!" she snapped. "James! He didn't honestly stay all night with that trollop did he? Angel Robins." She spat quickly before Noah could ask who she was talking about again. "He was with her all night, and now all day, too? Uhg!"

"Angel Robins?" he asked, all too amused at this situation for Addie's liking. "Isn't she a Hufflepuff?"

"Yeah. So?" she huffed.

"How could he have spent all night with her if neither of them can even enter the other's common room?"

"I don't know!" She loathed his logic. "Perhaps they spent the night on the grounds or some classroom. He has a lot of explaining to do!"

"I seriously doubt that, Addie." She shot him a venomous look. "Hear me out, OK? There would be talk about it if they stayed on the grounds all night, so we would know. If they stayed in a classroom, I can almost guarantee you Peeves would have something to say and do about it. Perhaps they just had an extremely late night?"

"Because that makes things so much better," she grumbled.

"I think I know what this is." He said matter-of-factly. Her stomach dropped for a moment when she thought about just how obvious she had been these last several minutes. "You're jealous."

"Noah I-" but he cut her off with the wave of his hand.

"Hold on a minute and listen. You're jealous. It has been you, James, and Will for so long now, and you're not used to either of them hanging out with anyone out of your group. He's your friend and no one else's. Well, don't you think that's how he has been feeling with our friendship? Maybe he's jealous, too, and this is his way of acting out."

Addie's jaw dropped and she wasn't sure if she should even try to correct him. In a way, he was somewhat right. She was jealous, but not because she feared losing her friend as a friend. She also seriously doubted James was interested in Angel only because Addie had been talking to Noah. After all, James was the one who started seeing the Hufflepuff first. So she replied with a laugh instead. The laugh surprised her at just how thunderous it sounded, but Noah joined in after a few curious chuckles. He thought he was right and she had come to realise this. He was a character indeed.

"Maybe," she said after another minute or two had passed by and they reached the Fat Lady. He smirked, which she knew all too well to know it meant "You know I'm right".

"Felix Felicis!" Noah directed toward the woman in the painting and she opened wide, allowing them passage. He helped her up so she could reach easier, and then climbed in shortly after. She had a feeling he wanted to spend the rest of his free period with her. She worried that he also might just skip his classes altogether and spend the rest of the afternoon with her, but Addie had other plans and they were calling to her from her bed upstairs.

"Well, this is where I leave you," he said to her surprise. "Of course, I'll be right back, but I have class in twenty minutes. Potions," he explained.

"What are you doing?" she asked once he started heading to the boy's dormitories.

"Just wait there," he said. Five long, sleepless minutes later he came back down to see her nearly asleep on the couch. "I envy you," he teased. She looked up at him sleepily and just smiled. Most people did envy her sleeping patterns. Right now, even she envied her own sleeping patterns. Sleep... she thought.

"What were you doing?" she asked after he helped her off the couch and placed a hand on her hip to help guide her towards the girl's dormitory stairs.

"I went and checked the fifth year's dormitory. You'll be glad to know James is still in there, sleeping like a log." Noah reported proudly. This information, however, made her frown and she leaned her head against his shoulder.

He skipped all day, too? she thought. He won't even realise I was gone all day either. She just sulked on Noah's shoulder until they reached her stairs. He couldn't walk her up, seeing as how there was a charm on the girl's staircase, but he gently let her go and told her goodnight. She din't even thank him, but she didn't feel like it either.

"Goodnight," he called from behind her.

"G'night," she mumbled groggily, her bed calling to her. Of course, he didn't see the tears that started to form in her eyes either.

What is going on with me? she wondered. Why does he have this effect on me? She threw herself on her bed and decided those were thoughts for another time.

~~~

Lily, Hugo, and Jospeh were sitting in the Gryffindor common room shortly after classes were over and decided to get a few of their essays out of the way. She was regretting waiting so long on getting them done when her brother came up just then.

"Hey, Lily. Have you seen Addie anywhere around?" James asked with William Troy following shortly after him. She looked up from her Transfiguration book, thankful to have some sort of distraction from researching anymore on the basics of Transfiguration.

"No, not today," she replied, abandoning the book altogether. Hugo stopped, too and watched the siblings before him. Joseph looked up from his Potions book (he was a year ahead of her and had different essays than she did) and noticed the pair before them but then continued scrawling something on one of his essays with intense speed. "Didn't you just have class with her?"

James looked guilty about something and Will grinned devilishly behind him.

"James Sirius Potter, you skipped class!" She said suddenly, raising her voice as each word left her mouth.

"Shhh! Lily, please!" he pleaded, eyes wide and scanning the room. Luckily for him, no one seemed to care. "Addie skipped, too!" he added as if that justified what he did.

"You're a Prefect! This is your O.W.L year! What do you think mum and dad will say?" she hissed.

"Nothing, because you're not going to tell them!" he snapped back. He was right, but she wasn't going to let him know that. "Could you please just go and check to see if she's in her dormitory?"

Lily would have loved to have the distraction, but she also knew that if Addie was avoiding her brother, she had reason to. He never showed up once to the party she threw for him and the other Gryffindors on the Quidditch team. She didn't know what he was doing instead, but she was sure it wasn't a valid enough excuse to break a promise to Addie.

"No," she said simply, pulling her Transfiguration book back in her direction.

"Oh come on! What good is it having a sister when she won't go to the girls' dormitory for me?"

She smirked but decided not to reply.

"I promise your little boyfriend will be here when you get back. It'll just take a minute!"

"Now listen here, James!" she snapped, a blush crossing her cheeks when she noticed Joseph glance at her when her brother said this. "I'm extremely busy writing these essays and I need to get all of them done within the next two days. I do not have time to go around finding your friends, especially when they're obviously trying to stay away from you! Now leave me alone or I'll tell mum you skipped." She thought about it and decided which parent would realistically be mad at James the most. He scowled and motioned for Will to follow him in search of someone else to retrieve Addie.

"Boyfriend, huh?" Joseph said, plucking up the courage to speak now that her brother was gone.

"That's disgusting!" Hugo said.

"In your dreams." Lily said at the same time.

Joseph rolled his eyes and the three began working on their essays once more.

~~~

"Molly, just please hear me out!" he begged.

"Go away, Luke!" Molly spat, trying to rush past him but he only followed her.

"Give me a chance to explain!"

"I don't want to talk to you right now!"

"But I-"

"One more word and I'll hex you to oblivion!"

He stopped in his tracks and she continued to head out of the Ravenclaw Common Room. Owen, on the other hand, saw what happened and shot past her pathetic friend to follow her.

"Molly, wait up!" he called from behind. She didn't stop, but she didn't tell him to go away either. When he caught up with her, he still had to practically jog to keep up with her. "How did it go with Avery?" She shot him an evil glare and then looked ahead of her again. She honestly didn't know where she was going, but she couldn't stay in her common room any longer. Avery was royally peeved at her so she couldn't be in her dormitory, and Luke would bother her all night in the common room until she answered him. She knew this because both of them had been doing it for the last several days since the incident. Owen wouldn't be such bad company if she wasn't worried about him saying the well deserved "I told you so" again sometime soon.

"She's being irrational!" Molly barked, her fists clenched. She was finally fed up with trying. It was true. When she went up to talk to the normally quiet, caring girl she called her best friend, Avery cried and screamed at her. She accused Molly and Luke of walking all over her and she was tired of it. She even said Molly couldn't be a real friend because she knew Avery liked Luke. Even after she tried to assure her she had no idea, Avery's response was: "Bull! You've had Luke and Noah tied around your finger for years! Now you have Owen, too! Can't you stop playing with these boys for once and notice what is going on around you?" Of course, Molly wasn't going to tell Owen about the part Avery said about him, but let out a loud cry at the thought of it. "She's being downright selfish!" she blurted after a minute or two of silence.

Owen placed a hand on her shoulder and stopped her. She jerked a little, but she came to a stop and rolled her eyes.

"She just needs time, Molly. She's upset." He said, looking into her eyes. Molly scoffed and her eyes began to water.

"When did you start becoming such a girl?" she insulted, trying to keep the tears from falling.

"Just because I care makes me a girl?" Owen teased, pulling her into a hug. "Now, where are you going?" he asked once she got her to calm down a bit.

"I don't know!" she cried once she had calmed down. "I just needed to get away from those two. Avery is blaming me for everything, and Luke won't leave me alone."

"Well," Owen started, "have you talked to him about it?"

"Of course not!" she said, surprised he'd suggest such a thing. "I don't want to talk to him! Doesn't anyone understand that?"

"Molly, he's your friend."

"Friends don't do that to other friends!" she exclaimed. "I mean, he may as well have tried to poison me! He was being selfish, inconsiderate, and idiotic! Not a friend!"

"OK, so talk to me about it," he offered. She eyed him suspiciously and shook her head. "Why not?" he pouted.

"Because you're just waiting for the appropriate time to say "I told you so!" about all of this!" she told him.

"Fine. I told you so."

Molly looked up at him with horror.

"This is not an appropriate time for-"

"I know," he interrupted. "I'm not trying to please you here, I'm just being honest. Now you don't have anything to worry about, so just talk to me." Tears streamed down her cheeks and she punched him as hard as she could in the arm. Admittedly it was a very hard punch, but he didn't let her see it phase him. She didn't like that, so she did it again. "Ow! OK! I get it, I'm sorry! I deserved it!" he said, laughing a little as he did so. She was half tempted to stomp on his foot, but his smile was contagious and soon after she was laughing her own pitiful, watery laugh.

"I hate you," she said reassuringly.

"I know," he said, finding a bench for the two of them to sit on. "Now, tell me what's going on with you."

"You were there!" she started, eyeing him suspiciously.

"I mean inside your head, stupid!" he said as if it should have been obvious. She rolled her eyes and then leaned into his shoulder. The sight of the two of them sitting together in such a way would surprise anyone who knew either of them, considering they practically hated each other the year before. She didn't let that thought stop her, though. She sighed and just closed her eyes for a moment before admitting what really bothered her about the whole thing.

"I miss Noah," she blurted. "I miss talking to him and having him around. If he and I never would have broken up, none of this ever would have happened. Avery may have been able to confront Luke about her crush on him, Luke never would have tried poisoning me, and the four of us would still be friends..."

"Three," Owen corrected.

"Excuse me?" she asked, lifting hear head to look at him. He was looking down at her and giving her a sad smile.

"The three of you would still be friends. We weren't friends before you and Noah broke up, remember?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't have become friends while partnering together this year," she reassured him.

"Yes it does."

She gave him a puzzled expression.

He sighed. "What do you think kept us from being friends all these years?" She thought for a moment and then looked at him absolutely appalled.

"We weren't friends because of Noah?" she asked, scooting away from the boy she had been sitting so close to for the last several minutes. He replied with a weak nod. "How is that even fair?"

"I was jealous," Owen admitted. "Just like Luke was. Admittedly, I would never try and slip Amortentia into your pumpkin juice, but I didn't want to be around the two of you when you were dating. When he broke up with you, I decided it was my chance to finally get to know you." She decided not to correct him. "Of course, I didn't like you then anymore because you had completely changed as a person, but you eventually came back around to your old self."

She didn't know what to say. That seemed to be OK, however, because Owen just pushed on.

"I don't mean to be saying this to add to the complications of your life. I'm just an honest guy, Mols." Her stomach released the butterflies when he said her name like that again.

"Honest?" she asked hesitantly. "Owen, just a few days ago you were telling me about how you were just being a friend. You said you understood that even I didn't know I wasn't over Noah yet!" He blushed and looked down at their entwined hands, an action not even she noticed had happened.

"Well, you sort of ruined the surprise at the picnic, so I just made something up. I didn't honestly think you still had feelings for Noah..."

"Well I do!" she snapped semi uncontrollably. She felt bad, however, and calmed down quickly. "If you never would have mentioned it, I wouldn't have left myself to think about it these last few days," she admitted.

"So there's still a chance?" he asked, and she could hear the hope in his voice.

"A chance for what?"

"For you to like me?"

Molly couldn't help but snort.

"Of course I bloody like you! I was actually hurt when you didn't ask me out at that picnic. I mean, you did help me realise I'm still missing Noah, and I might not be over that part of my life for a while, but you're the one who woke me up. I'm not the same person I was when I dated Noah. You told me that."

For the first time since their conversation started Owen smiled confidentially, and he placed a hand on her face to wipe away what was left of the tears that didn't completely roll off of her face. She was slightly uncomfortable, but she accepted it. He looked into her eyes and was just absolutely beaming.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked, a smile crossing her lips.

"I'm wondering if I could get you to promise me something," he admitted, not removing his hand.

"What?" she whispered, looking into his green eyes as they pierced her blue ones.

"I was wondering if I could get you to think about this," he said, pressing his lips against hers. It was the first time she had been kissed since she and Noah broke up, and the first time she had been kissed from anyone other than Noah. It was strange and foreign to her, but as it went on it was nice and gentle. She couldn't tell if she liked it or not. She also noticed she didn't close her eyes, making it that much more awkward to see Owen pressed against her face, eyes closed, and trying to deepen a kiss she was still too shocked about to return. He pulled back, opened his eyes and said, "Sorry," before getting up and heading back in the direction of the common room.

Quickly, Molly thought about how she felt over the whole ordeal. Of course she still thought of Noah, but things were over between them now. He was in Gryffindor, so it wasn't like they saw each other everyday anyway, which made things much easier on her. Plus, she really did like Owen in a way. Maybe giving him a chance wouldn't be that bad, and it would help her move on.

Owen continued to get further and further away, but Molly looked up and noticed her eyes widened.

"Owen! Wait up!" she called, chasing after him shortly after. He stopped and turned to wait on her, a questioning look planted right on his adorable face. What was she going to do? The answer didn't take long. When Molly reached him she laced her fingers between his and then leaned up to give him her own, short but sweet, kiss. His other hand reached up to his lips and she smiled shyly. "I'll think about it," she said playfully, and the two of them went back to the common room together. Luckily, the sight of them cuddling on the couch kept Luke away for the remainder of the night.

Feedback

Hello! I'm Maelody, and these are my stories! Check them out and review please! Seven Years and Counting/Feedback, The Bravest Man I Ever Knew/Feedback, Dying: A One-Shot/Feedback, Just One Memory: A One-Shot/Feedback, A Thousand Years/Feedback, Australian Blur/Feedback, Spiders, Dragons, and Love: A One-Shot/Feedback, Inside and Under: A One-Shot/Feedback, Eun Ae: A Misfit's Guide to Hogwarts/Feedback!
I made a little forum based off of CoS for those that will miss the site when it is gone. Have a look and see if it something you'd like to be a part of?

Last edited by Maelody; February 9th, 2014 at 9:31 pm.
Sponsored Links