Thread: Lovestruck
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2007, 2:59 am
Third Year

Re: Lovestruck

CHAPTER FIVE: CHRISTMAS TIME

The week went by slowly in Rose's eyes. Every class and day seemed to drag on forever. They were assigned so much homework that by Friday, Rose had procrastinated work piled to the cieling.

"I shouldn't have waited this long to do my homework!" Rose said, sitting down in the library with Lily and Alice.

"I know," Lily said to them. "I have Astromony, Charms, and I have to finish this nasty Potion's essay that Professor Eliv assigned us."

"More like Professor Devil," Alice commented, checking her homework. "We have to write a three page long essay by Monday! And I have a Transfiguration essay, Astronomy charts, and an Ancient Runes essay!" She groaned.

"Me too," Rose said dully.

"There's no use in waiting any longer, we may as well start now," Lily said. "We're witches, right? Then why isn't there a spell to zap all this homework done!"

"Did I hear someone say homework?" Lance said, walking in. He smiled, lying his books down next to Rose's.

"Hey Lance," Rose said. "Come to finish your homework with us?"

"No, I just wanted to tell you I'm looking forward to tomorrow," he said. Lily and Alice looked at her questioningly, and Rose realized she forgot to tell them about her and Lance. Lance smiled at her.

"Well, I've got to go meet some friends," Lance said. "Catch you later, Rose." He took his books and left.

"What was that about?" Lily said excitedly.

"Oh... nothing," Rose said, blushing, "Only that Lance asked me to go to Hogsmeade with him tomorrow." Lily and Alice gasped.

"Wow, this is news!" Alice said. "I have to rearrange my dating news." Alice had always tried to keep up with who's dating who. She always wanted to know the latest gossip. "My recent news has told me that he is dating Chelsea Stewert from Ravenclaw, but her best friend Laine told me, so it was probably a lie. Laine's always been a little liar."

"Chelsea, that snob who thinks she knows everything?" Lily said. "It can't be! I know Lance can choose better than that!"

"Of course he can," Rose said, "But I'll ask him tomorrow just to make sure."

"So let's start on that homework girls!" Alice said. They pulled out parchment and started writing.

~ * ~

Rose awoke with a yell. Lily was jumping on her bed.

"Wake up, sleepy head! You missed breakfast!" she said, laughing.

"Whaddareyoutalkinbout?" Rose grumbled sleepily. "It's only..." she checked the time. "I did miss breakfast!" Rose jumped out of bed. She flicked her wand at her hairbrush and it started brushing her hair.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" Rose said. Lily paused.

"Don't blame me! It was Alice's idea!" Lily said nervously.

"What are you talking about?" Rose said, perplexed. Lily relaxed.

"Oh... you don't know, I thought - " Lily began, but Rose cut her off.

"Thought what? What's going on?" Rose asked suspiciously.

"Oh, nothing," Lily said casually. "Just get dressed and go down to the common room." Rose did. She exited the portrait hole and was going to head down to the kitchen to get some food. As she came down to the common room, she met Rob coming down from the boy's dormitory's.

"I was just - " Rose said.

" - going to get some breakfast. I slept in." Rob said. Rose smiled.

"Want to go down together?" she asked. He grinned back at her.

"Sure," he said. They walked together out of the portrait hole.

"I just don't know why Charlie didn't wake me up," Rob said. "He purposely woke me up late, then started mumbling when I asked him why."

"Lily did the same thing!" Rose said. Suddenly she realized what was going on. They had planned this so Rob and her would stop fighting. She smiled at the genius of her best friend. She didn't reveal this to Rob.

There was an awkward silence that Rob broke. "Look Rose, I'm sorry, I was just really upset - " Rob began. Rose stopped him.

"It's all right, I should be the one saying sorry... I shouldn't have taken advantage of you liking Lily," Rose said, spilling everything out.

"Actually... I... don't like her anymore," Rob said. "Seeing how happy she is with Charlie makes me realize that I never had a chance with her. I think... I may like someone else now."

"REALLY!? Rose said excitedly. Who could it be? "Who is it? Tell me, please?"

"It's someone at this school and in our year," Rob began his eyes averted from Rose. "But I really don't want to talk about it. Look, we're here!" Rose stopped and realized they were in front of the fruit painting. Rob tickled the pear and pushed the door open.

"After you," he said, laughing. They both walked in.

The house elves immediately walked up to them. "What would you like, sir and miss?"

"I'd like some toast and pancakes, thanks," Rose said. Rob asked for the same. They took a seat at the table in the corner of the room. The house elves had come back with their food at once.

"Thank you," Rose said, and they bowed. Rose started eating ravenously. She hadn't realized how hungry she was until then. Rob was the same. They looked at each other, seeing how both of them had stuffed their face with food. Rose swallowed hard and laughed, joined by Rob several moments later. They ate and continued talking to each other, trying to catch up on news.

About an hour later they were back in the common room. Rose had just told Rob about Lance and her going to Hogsmeade.

"Listen, about Lance - " Rob said.

But Rose, who didn't want to get in another fight with Rob, said, "I've got to go find Lily and Alice, see you at Hogsmeade if you're there." She ran up the stairs before Rob could say anything more.

Lily and Alice were brushing their hair. They had dressed for Hogsmeade and were ready to go.

"You better hurry up and get ready, Rose. We're leaving in a moment," Lily said. Rose pulled out a pair of jeans and her red, long sleeved shirt. She pulled on her brown vest and got her brush to brush her hair. She was ready to go in five minutes.

"Come on, let's go!" Rose said, grabbing her purse. Lance was waiting for her in the common room.

"You look great! But we have to go, come on!" he grabbed her hand and they rushed out of the class room. They met a group of their friends outside the castle gates. Professor McGonagall was waiting for the rest of the students to get there.

"Let's get going now!" she said, seeing the last of the students coming down from the castle. Rose headed down to the carriages that took them to Hogsmeade with Alice, Rob, Lily, Albus, Charlie, and Lance.

Everyone stepped into the carraige. Alice rubbed her hands, shivering. She had forgotten her jacket in their room.

"Cold, Alice? Want my jacket?" Albus asked. Alice smiled at him and nodded gratefully. He slipped off his jacket and put it around her shoulders. She blushed slightly as he touched her shoulder, but it was unnoticeable to everyone except Rose.

Once they reached Hogsmeade, everyone got out of the carraiges. Rob looked around. "Where should we go first?" he asked.

"Hmm... how about Honeydukes? I was going to buy some candy for my mum and dad," Lily said. They all decided to go to Honeydukes. As they walked down there, Lance held Rose's hand. Rob looked at them suspiciously, but Rose didn't catch this look. They entered the store and started to browse through the chocolates. Rose picked out some Chocolate Frogs for her dad and a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans for her mum. She also grabbed some Sugar Quills for Rob and Lily. After everyone had made their purchases, they left the store.

"How about some butterbeer?" Lily said. "I could use some warming up."

"Yeah, it's getting pretty cold out here," Charlie commented. He put his arm around Lily and they walked together down to the Three Broomsticks. The seven of them spotted a table next to a huge Christmas tree. The table was also right next to a window.

"I'll order," Rose said. She and Lance ordered the butterbeers and brought them back to the table. As Rose sat down, she looked out the window. It was snowing. She sipped her butterbeer and sighed.

"It's so beautiful," Alice whispered, pressing her freckled face against the window. She pushed her wavy, curly brown hair behind her ears.

"It is," Albus commented so quietly that only Rose and Lily could hear. He wasn't looking at the snow, though. His eyes were only for Alice. Lance put his arm around Rose and began talking.

Soon the table was talking about school and the teachers. They were talking about the worst teacher, and they all had to agree that it would be Professor Eliv.

"It's evil, just the v and the l seperated!" Charlie was saying. They all laughed.

"I agree, and the amount of homework he assigns!" Lily said.

"I think he just hates Gryffindor," Lance said.

"I know, he loathes us! And he's always telling us how the Slytherin students are better!" Rose said, and Alice said something. But Rose wasn't listening, because Lance was looking at her. He smiled when she noticed and whispered something in her ear.

"Could we go to the Shrieking Shack? I wanted to talk to you about something in private," he said. I nodded.

"We're going off for a while," Rose said to the table, "Maybe we'll run into you guys if we're on our way back." They all said bye and Rob watched them leave. He looked worried.

Lance and Rose held hands and walked up to the Shrieking Shack. They sat down on the steps.

"So, why did you ask me here?" Rose asked.

"I wanted to know if...," Lance hesitated. "If... if... if you'd be my girlfriend." He said. He closed his eyes and turned red as though it was embarrassing.

Rose was taken back. She had not expected this. "Well, I - " she said. But she stopped when she looked into Lance's eyes. They were a beautiful shade amber. There was something off about them... maybe it's that they were so pleading, but Rose wasn't sure. She suddenly felt a rush of love towards him. He really liked her, and she really liked him. They'd be a good couple, and would hopefully last for a long time.

"Yes," Rose said, grinning. "I will."

I LOOOVVVEEE FEEDBACK LIKE ROSE LOVES BOOKS!! SO PLEASE POST SOME FOR ME!!

"The eyes are the window to the soul."

James was happier than he had been in a while. He laughed constantly when he was talking to her and he was always drawn into the conversation by her charming smile and her eyes glittering gold, they were unlike anything James had ever seen. ~STOP AND STARE

Stop and Stare by me & MissProngs & Feedback ~ * ~ The Last Horcrux (Completed!) & feedback ~ * ~ Lovestruck & feedback

'Sirius Black is sexy, right?' Of course she was right. The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders.

I love Harry Potter and Twilight. It can happen without a war.

Last edited by hplova15165; June 27th, 2008 at 5:46 am.
Sponsored Links