Thread: Lovestruck
View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2007, 1:07 am
Third Year

Re: Lovestruck

The Winter Ball was less than 3 days away, on December 29th. Rose, like everyone else in her year, was coming home for the Ball and going back to her parent's house for New Year's. Rose couldn't wait for the Hogesmeade trip that was coming up that night; it would give her a chance to shop for new dress. Dressy Muggle attire was requested. Rose was trying to finish the homework that Professor Eliv had given them over the holiday.

Rose just couldn't seem to find out what ingredient would turn the Draught of Living Death purple. She was sitting alone at a table in front of the fire place in the library, completely surrounded by books. She was flipping frantically through the book for help. There was less than two hours until the trip, and she still had a History of Magic essay to finish as well. Someone set their books down on the table in front of her.

"May I sit down?" he asked. Rose didn't bother looking up. She nodded her head and turned a page in a book next to her.

"UGH! I can't find it!" Rose said angrily to herself.

"What can't you find?" asked the boy across from her. She looked up to see who it was. Rose was surprised to find out that it was Scorpius Malfoy. What could he want?

"Please don't leave!" Scorpius said when Rose stood up, picking up her books. She sat back down reluctantly.

"What do you want?" Rose said sourly.

"To apologize," Scorpius said, "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for what I did to your boyfriend. It was an accident, I was had other things on my mind." His voice was full of bitterness as he said this.

"He's not my boyfriend," Rose said, correcting him automatically. "We're just... friends." Scorpius's face lightened slightly at this.

"Well, here, let me help you..." Scorpius said. "I've already finished my Potion's essay." He came over to her side of the table and looked at the question. "Here," he said, picking up a book that was under a pile of others. "It should be in there."

Rose opened the book and flipped through the index. She found a page on color changing in potions. There it was: to make the Draught of Living Death turn purple, add Aconite. Rose smiled and looked up.

"It's here," she said. "Thanks." He smiled back at her. When he wasn't depressed and when he was smiling... Scorpius didn't look half bad. Rose shook her head; what was wrong with her? He was a Malfoy. She wasn't supposed to think of a Malfoy as half bad.

"Friends?" Scorpius asked, putting out his hand.

"Friends," Rose said, grinning, shaking his hand.

They got back to their work, helping one another, talking, and laughing. She was having a pretty good time with Scorpius. After they finished their homework, Rose realized she only had an hour before she had to go to Hogesmeade.

"I've got to go," Rose said, picking up her things. Scorpius stood up to pick his up too. "I'm going to Hogesmeade - "

"I'm going to Hogsmeade too," Scorpius said. "Want to hang out while we're there?" She stopped unpacking her stuff and looked at him. His blonde hair was falling in front of his deep, grey eyes. She blinked and looked away.

Rose hadn't made a promise to go with Rob or her friends, and they probably wouldn't let Scorpius hang out with them after what happened between him and Rob. But her Alice, Lily, and Charlie would forgive her if she missed this trip. But Rob... she'd think about him later.

"We can hang out," Rose said, smiling. Scorpius grinned back at her.

"Catch ya later then, Weasley" he said, picking up his bag and leaving.

~ * ~

Rose worried about what her friends would say more than anything else. Lily and Alice had already left to the Great Hall, so Rose brushed her hair quickly, grabbed her brown purse and left. It matched her shoes perfectly, and set off her white shirt and jeans quite nicely.

Rose avoided Alice and Lily on the way to Hogsmeade. She didn't want any questions coming up. She traveled in a carriage with a group of 4th years who were laughing animatedly at a joke someone had told. Rose had been looking forward to this trip until she realized the situation she got herself into. Rose remembered what her father said about never getting tangled in a Malfoy web. She now realized why.

Rose exited the carriage with the 4th years. She camoflauged herself behind them and walked into Hogsmeade. Malfoy said he would meet her there, so where could he be?

"Looking for me?" someone said from behind her. Rose turned and smiled, expecting to see Scorpius. But instead she saw Rob. Lily, Alice, and Charlie were looking into a shop nearby.

"Um... no..." Rose said, flustered. "I'm... kind of..."

"What?" Rob said, confused.

"I'm kind of here with someone else," Rose said quickly. Rob straightened up a little.

"I hope that someone isn't Lance," Rob said angrily, "Or anyone like him."

"No, no, it's just a friend..." Rose said, muttering fast, unable to look Rob in the eyes. "We're just doing shopping together."

Rose left the impression that the person she was going with was a girl. Rob's expression cleared.

"Oh, well, have fun, I guess," he said. Rob's shoulders slouched slightly as he walked back to their friends. Rose let out a breath of relief. The questions were over with, and as long as she avoided her friends all afternoon, she'd be all right.

"Bring your friend over for a drink later!" Rob said, turning around and calling through the snow. Rose didn't have the option to say no. She hurried off.

"Weasley!" someone said. Rose turned around to see Scorpius running towards her.

"Hey," Rose said. "Sorry I'm late, just had to tell some friends we were gonna meet them later."

"What!?" Scorpius said. "I didn't agree to this!"

"You don't have to go if you want to," Rose said. Scorpius sighed.

"Sure," he said gloomily.

"Come on," Rose said. "Let's go to Wizarding Wear and grab some new robes for the Ball." Scorpius smiled.

"Sure," he said. "Come on, let's run." They ran together, and by the time they reached Wizarding Wear, they were out of breath. But Rose loved shopping, and she was definately in the mood for some now.

"Get in here, Malfoy!" Rose said, grabbing Malfoy by the cuffs and pulling him roughly inside the store. Rose went to the back of the room to the small section of Muggle dresses. After half an hour of trying on dresses, she finally found one that looked perfect on her. She purchased it and met Scorpius outside the store. He found a suit and blazer that looked good on him. He showed them both to Rose and tried to peek in her bag.

"No way!" she said, laughing. "It's a surprise." Scorpius laughed and stopped in front of a shop that Rose had never seen before. It was the Hogs Head, only it looked much different. It was clean looking, newer, and now called Hogsmeade Inn. Rose and Scorpius went inside. It was nice place to have a snack and a couple of drinks. There was also music playing and a large dance floor to dance on.

Rose and Scorpius sat down to have a drink. She laughed at several of his remarks. It was nice talking to Scorpius, not the same as talking to Rob. Scorpius was sarcastic, making him humorous as well. He seemed depressed most of the time, but while talking to Rose, he was energetic and almost happy. When Rose talked to Rob, she was always worried she'd say something stupid. Even after knowing Rob her whole life, she had always been nervous around him. With Scorpius, it was nicer. She wasn't always as self conscious about herself. It felt great.

"Let's dance," Rose said.

"Over your dead body," Scorpius said. "I don't like dancing."

"Oh, come on, it's so much fun," Rose said, pulling him onto the dance floor. The band playing was called the "Witchburns." It was an upbeat song. Rose held Scorpius's hands and moved him around the crowded dance floor until he got a beat. He smiled and moved with her. The song suddenly changed to a slow song. He suddenly seemed to know what he was doing.

"How do you know - " Rose started, but Scorpius answered her question.

"Catillions. Since I was 7," Scorpius said, dancing with ease. He twirled her smoothly, and pulled her back.

"You're good," she said, smiling.

"The best," Scorpius said, grinning back at her, his grey eyes sparkling. Rose was so immersed that she forgot about the time. When the song ended, Scorpius was ready to keep on dancing, but Rose realized the time.

"I've got to go, I'm so sorry!" she said, apologizing. "Lily and Alice will be looking for me! I'll talk to you later, all right?" Scorpius was ready to protest, but as he stared at her desperate face, he nodded. She ran off to find her friends. Scorpius sighed.

"And I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the Winter Ball with me," Scorpius muttered under his breath to no one in particular. "Yeah, that was completely worth 30 minutes in the mirror."

~ * ~

"Where's your friend?" Rob asked, looking behind Rose, as though she was hiding him.

"Decided not to come," Rose said. "How about we get some drinks, I'm thirsty." They walked into the Three Broomsticks together. Lily, Charlie, and Alice were sitting at a table with drinks. They beckoned Rob and Rose to come sit with them.

"You've got to see the dress that I've picked out for the ball!" Lily said as Alice set the drinks down on the table.

"Can I see?" Rob asked.

"No!" Lily said. "It's a surprise."

Rob sighed. "I just wanted to see what it looked like."

Rose rolled her eyes. "I'm so sorry to stop this love fest," Rose said. Alice snickered. "But we really must be going." Rose stood up and picked up her bags. Alice, Lily, and Rob followed her suit.

Lily, Alice, and Charlie left the building giggling about something, leaving Rob and Rose behind them, confused.

"They sound like a bunch of first year girls who just met Lockhart," Rob said.

Rose laughed. She shivered. It was getting pretty cold outside. Rob put his arm around her.

"Is little Rosie getting cold?" Rob said, in a voice as though he was talking to a child. Rose looked up to him and smiled.

"I'm all better, Robbie," she said in the same, childish voice. They walked after Lily and Alice together.

~ * ~

Scorpius watched Rose and Rob from a distance. Rose laughed at something Rob said. Scorpius scowled as Rob put his arm around Rose and walked off.

It looked like he was too late. But Scorpius wasn't going to give up hope. He'd ask Rose to the Winter Ball.

So sorry for the lack of updates! I had a major posting streak with my other fanfic, The Last Horcrux, which is now completed. Check it out if any of you guys have some time on your hands. I know time's the only thing hard to get.

EVERYONE KNOWS WE'RE MEANT TO BE
FALLING IN LOVE, YOU AND ME
TIL THE END OF TIME
TIL I'M ON HER MIND
IT'LL HAPPEN
feedback better happen! please post some, it's very deeply appreciated!

-xx-
hplova

"The eyes are the window to the soul."

James was happier than he had been in a while. He laughed constantly when he was talking to her and he was always drawn into the conversation by her charming smile and her eyes glittering gold, they were unlike anything James had ever seen. ~STOP AND STARE

Stop and Stare by me & MissProngs & Feedback ~ * ~ The Last Horcrux (Completed!) & feedback ~ * ~ Lovestruck & feedback

'Sirius Black is sexy, right?' Of course she was right. The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders.

I love Harry Potter and Twilight. It can happen without a war.

Last edited by hplova15165; November 20th, 2007 at 2:29 am.
Sponsored Links