View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2007, 6:00 pm
She Who Walks Behind

Re: Homosexuality in Harry Potter

1. The fact that Dumbledore is gay adds a whole new dimension to his character and to the story. Were you surprised? Does it really change anything?
It changes nothing for me. The fact that he was gay may explains things, but it doesn't change my view on Dumbledore. I wasn't surprised at all.

2. Do you believe we have met any other characters in the story that might be gay?
I am not sure. A lot of people claim Remus and Sirius to be gay, but as both showed interest in girls I am not believing in that. From the main characters nobody except Dumbledore showed hints to be gay or bi IMO.

3. Do you believe that the Magical World has a more well-developed understanding of "chemical attraction" and thus negating any issue of sexuality? In other words, physical attraction is more than simply genetics, but could in fact be magical and therefore a non issue?

4. The issue of a wizard's/witch's blood status was a major cause of indifference before Voldemort's downfall. With that in mind, would being gay make much of a difference or is it simply who you are born to that makes the big difference?

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to get at.

Anyway, I don't think that there's a difference between Muggle World and Wizard World in case of supporting, detesting or tolerating homosexuality. There are surely prejudices and discriminations in the magical world as well.

The End of the Dream.
Sponsored Links