View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2008, 1:45 am
Fourth Year

Re: The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
I also thought of something. This is our first time since COS that we are getting a returning directer. It gives some comfort to the fact that we know what to expect in terms of style so there won't be much different expectation.... I think this film, HBP, will be harder to disappoint since we know pretty much what to expect. The only question is will Yates improve. With Kloves back and a new DOP, I'm pretty sure he will. As long as Mark Day learned his lesson: TV and Film are two different beasts!
yay! your optimism's back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
I would prefer the score to mimic a phoenix's song - more specifically, Fawkes. This means no obvious orchestral presence. Instead, the score for The Phoenix Lament should be a bird's song (but the most beautiful, sorrowful, and fulfilling song you have heard from a bird).
that sounds really neat, but how would they go about recording that? i mean, there might be some really good synthesizer or something like that, but that's the only thing i can think of that would make that kind of sound. i guess it's open to interpretation since it's a mythological creature, though...

Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathise with humans whose experiences we have never shared.-JK Rowling
Sponsored Links