View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2010, 7:07 pm
Banned

Re: The Legend of Zelda

Quote:
So are there any other Zelda fans out there? Which was your favorite game? Which incarnation of Link did you like the most?
To be honest, I consider Ocarina of Time the best game of the Zelda series, but I also consider A Link to the Past to be by far the best Zelda game.

Confused? I'll elaborate. If I were to list the best, most memorable games I've ever played, OoT would be in my top 5 (though it'd probably be at the #5 spot) while ALttP would just be in the top 10 or 15. However, if I were asked to name a game that, if played, would typify and exemplify everything that a Zelda game is meant to be, the epitome of Zelda gameplay, ALttP would be my definite choice, with OoT in a very, very distant 2nd.

To be honest, the only Zeldas I've played are the original two for the NES, ALttP, Link's Awakening, OoT, and Majora's Mask. Of the bunch, the only two I really consider great games are ALttP and OoT, both of which are fascinating and memorable experiences, almost even on the level of the strongest FF games. I find Majora's Mask actively painful, as in hearing its central town's music actually gives me a migraine and its "reset your file every 3 days" aspect is ridiculous. There's no good reason for it and it kills the gameplay.

The main reason I haven't played the later ones (which I define as anything after Majora's Mask) is that I don't have the systems in question, but honestly the only one I'd play given the opportunity is probably Twilight Princess. The rest (Four Swords, Minish Cap, Wind Waker, etc.) all look like they were designed with 5-year-olds in mind, at least artistically speaking. If someone can clarify the assets of those games for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by APolaris; July 6th, 2010 at 5:32 pm.
Sponsored Links