View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2010, 9:58 am
Zonko's Employee

Re: Severus Snape and Muggle Culture

On Snape and Se7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccollinsmith View Post
One thing interesting, though: Snape was still alive when the film came out, so he could have seen it. But I think he would have been, well, extremely disturbed after seeing it.
I was certainly extremely disturbed after seeing it. I've always been very thankful I never saw that film in the cinema. I truly loathe that film because of the extremely sadistic nature of the murders. I can't see Snape enjoying something like that -- especially extreme violence towards women. Too close to home (his DE past).

I can, however, imagine him enjoying a classic Scorsese gangster flick. Yes, I know they're violent too, but it's mobsters killing each other, rather than a vicious serial killer targeting innocents ... the latter is far too close to home to Snape's DE past, IMO. I don't think he would want to be reminded of Voldemort's worst and most sadistic excesses.

Sam Mendes' gangster flick The Road to Perdition strikes me as a film which might be to Snape's tastes. It's a strongly moral tale!

The Shawshank Redemption ... I can see Snape enjoying that one. Especially the awesome payback at the end!